War of the Monsters PlayStation 2

8.8

1. IanM.
    Mar 2, 2003
    Excellent gameplay. Love the characters. Easy to use but satifying.
  2. WilliamM.
    Jan 23, 2003
    This game absolutely rocks...
  3. WARRAPTOR
    Feb 10, 2003
    This game kicks ass! Godzilla Melee gets ripped to shreds by WOTM.
  4. ChrisB.
    Feb 15, 2003
    BOOOO YOLLLL this game just rocks THE MONSTERS THE LEVELS THE EXPLOSIONS you name its got it thats why I give this masterpiece a big old fat 10.
  5. AreadR.
    Apr 1, 2003
    A very exciting game, I never get bored of it! A very realistic game with beautiful monsters.....wish it had more of them though.
  6. DogLover
    Jun 11, 2003
    War of the Monsters is one of the best games ever! Its amazingly good fighting scenes and wonderful characters are so three d and just amazing. the adventure is so fun. I also like how you can squish people and climb and throw stuff andthere are so many different monsters and costumes.I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!
  7. MushalH.
    Oct 4, 2004
    One game that totally rocks dudes!!!!
  8. MichaelT.
    Sep 13, 2004
    One of the best games ever! I strongly recommend Raptros.
  9. Exors1stWalker
    Jul 30, 2006
    This game is fast furious and awsome get it while you still have the chance!
  10. JeromeS.
    Dec 14, 2002
    This game rules!!!
  11. BlancoA.
    Dec 15, 2002
    This was actually the first game I played at E3 earlier this year, and I probably spent an hour with it. Extremely easy to pick up and play due to extremely intuitive controls. The sense of size and power comes through quite well. The graphics are top-notch. It seemed as though this game was accompanied by little or no hype at the show, and that was a huge mystery to me because I enjoyed This was actually the first game I played at E3 earlier this year, and I probably spent an hour with it. Extremely easy to pick up and play due to extremely intuitive controls. The sense of size and power comes through quite well. The graphics are top-notch. It seemed as though this game was accompanied by little or no hype at the show, and that was a huge mystery to me because I enjoyed it tremendously. Here's to hoping the finished version of the game plays as well as the show demo. Expand
  12. ChrisM.
    Dec 18, 2002
    Awesome Game! Don't believe Anonymous!
  13. RyanG.
    Dec 31, 2002
    Loved the game alot I wish I had a copy of it.
  14. SilentA.
    Jan 11, 2003
    One of the most fun games I've ever played. I'm picking this one up for sure!
  15. ultravee
    Jan 15, 2003
    this game is phenominal!! so far my favorite title this year! gamespot is the worst rating site. In order for them to give a good and fair review for any game, i think computer animated figures have to jump out of the screen and give them a b.j. :0 --:
  16. Darkdragon10
    Jan 17, 2003
    This is the best game i have ever played. when i bought the game i played it for like 4 hours and it was still very fun. i hope the make a 2 game connected to war of the monsters. P.S. FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!
  17. Chelsey
    Oct 2, 2003
    It's a really great game great graphics, and sounds of the monsters I love attacks of the monsters the way they fight, like savages. But anyway.... it takes to lone to kill the bosses I really think you could do better than that.
  18. HenrikB.
    Feb 23, 2003
    When a friend of mine (who's not very interested in games) saw me playing WotM his first sentence was "What a cute sh.t for kids" ...but the evening ended in a gaming session lasting until 6 in the morning The game rocks even more than Twisted Metal Black....the other superb ps2 title of IncogInc.
  19. BarryC.
    May 1, 2003
    Up there with MGS2 & Ratchett & Clank wrt Pure Fun!! Who cares about all of the technical mumbo jumbo. This game is fun as all get out!
  20. TullK.
    May 8, 2003
    This game friggin ROCKS!!
  21. JordanS.
    Jun 11, 2003
    I LOVE THIS GAME! It isn't boring at all. there are so many costumes . I could go on and on. chow.
  22. JimmyN.
    Jan 3, 2004
    Great game, good stuff good stuff, Togera and Preytor are awesome, and it's good stuff good stuff.
  23. TomK.
    Aug 4, 2006
    This game frekin rocks raptos is so cool really interactive speacial attacks are awsome u get two speacials how cool is that do an upercut with togera u know the dino monster will go flying really go for it. for me this game is never boring.
  24. GregC.
    Dec 16, 2002
    I have played a demo of it, which came in the last issue of OPM along with a full feature story and the above review. This game is amazing!! Think Rampage on steroids. What is really fun so far is the 2 player part of the game...which I have spent numerous hours playing on the demo. Watch out for this one everybody this is going to be a MUST HAVE GAME!!
  25. UltraVee
    Jan 15, 2003
    So far i've been playing this game 6 hours straight...phenoeinal game! ... i do agree with what ign said above, but all in all this is so far my favorite game of this year! and also gamespot gives the most unfair ratings on all there games reviewed... what will it take for them to give a good & fair rating... a computer animated figure to jump out of the screen to give them a .... :o ---:
  26. jc
    Apr 29, 2003
    the reasoni gave it a 10 woz b'cuz it baisically rocks it's strange but extreamly kool :)
  27. KyleA.
    Dec 22, 2002
    EXCELLENT!!! EXCELLENT!!! BRILLIANT!!! Go monsters, Go monsters, Go monsters...
  28. SkitzoC.
    Dec 26, 2002
    Big Monsters! Big Explosions! Big Fun! What else can you ask for!!
  29. Apr 5, 2015
    Simply the best monster fighting game with destructible environments. Many imitations were released, including several with Godzilla branding, but nothing ever came close to the magic of War of the Monsters. You have had the rest now try the best. WOULD BUY HD REBOOT.
  30. Jun 23, 2016
    War of the monster is best ps2 game, It has 10 playable monsters and 3 unplayabe monsters like goliath-prime, a mega robot who fight for humans, vegon a plant boss monster, and cerebulon, the game's villain, get war of the monsters for ps2.
  31. JosieP.
    Jan 23, 2003
    The interaction with the invironments is incredibly cool.
  32. DavidR.
    Mar 9, 2003
    What a fun ride! Could of used more monsters but Kineticlops makes up for it!!
  33. TJSides
    Sep 14, 2003
    This game is sweet. Raptros' skull form is awesome.
  34. WilliamR.
    Jul 9, 2003
    Single player mode is to short, they need to extend the perimeter of the boards, and more monsters please. thanks, Will.
  35. HueJ.
    Mar 14, 2003
    Great button masher, but lacks character variety, also needs more unlocks.
  36. matrix1004
    Nov 29, 2007
    I award this the most underrated (or under the radar) game on the PS2. I've owned it for a few years now and every time I put it in I am amazed at how good it is. One of the very few games that I've bothered beating multiple times with every character, 1. to get all the alternate costumes, and 2. because it is so much fun.
  37. Feb 15, 2016
    I think this is a great ps2 game, now on ps4
    I think this is a great ps2 game, now on ps4
    its a great fighting game with monsters which is cool because you are huge compared to everything else and i never experienced that until now. Because you are so large you can shoot your opponent but you can also shoot down helicopters that are flying around which is a great touch. another great thing about this game is that you can use cars for weapons to throw which is funny. the only issue i have is the split screen
  38. DiatrexVersem
    Aug 4, 2006
    This game is quite fun and is very creative. The graphics are okay but could have been better. Anyway, this game needed more um, hazam if you know what i mean. I mean like bashing people with pillars, impaling people with harpoon sharp objects and plain beating the hell out of each other just needs more meaning if you can understand. This game deserved an 8...
  39. JimmyW.
    Aug 21, 2004
    Awesome 2 player mode which is so fun that i had the demo and bought the full version because of it but not a very good one player storyline u can snap people or get snapped would recommend it for people who have seen and enjoyed godzilla or king kong.
  40. KyleK.
    Nov 15, 2003
    A really well designed game. Got good environments that can be destoyed. It is an easy game to finish.
  41. RedP.
    Mar 28, 2003
    Needs cheat codes, but it will keep you fighting. It rocks. ;)
  42. Sephiroth
    Dec 30, 2002
    Good at first but it gets really boring later on really fast!!
    Dec 14, 2002
    It sucks.
  44. FightMania
    Apr 30, 2005
    The split screen, is very disorienting... wierd behaving shadows... seems fighting not very satisfing... more of a ranged combat game.

#27 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#7 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. I am simply amazed at how cowardly these creatures become when close to death.
  2. As dee-lish as all the camp and nostalgia is, it's also very reminiscent of the source material; pretty, stylish, but ultimately rather vapid when it comes to depth.
  3. The battles themselves are chaotically free-for-all, allowing up to four monsters to grapple hand-to-hand and even rip up handy lampposts, buildings, and cars to bludgeon enemies.