Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
8.4

1. AlexS.
    Aug 9, 2007
    A little hard at times but overall its a good shooting game.
  2. BrandonS.
    Dec 23, 2004
    This game is great. Good graphics, great gameplay, awsome story. My only problem is that it is too short and easy. If you thought this game was too hard you must really suck. The save system didnt bother me since I flew through the game. There are cheats for you who think that there arent, you just have to beat the game on hard and get high stats for some of the cheats. Im also a This game is great. Good graphics, great gameplay, awsome story. My only problem is that it is too short and easy. If you thought this game was too hard you must really suck. The save system didnt bother me since I flew through the game. There are cheats for you who think that there arent, you just have to beat the game on hard and get high stats for some of the cheats. Im also a warhammer 40k player and I play Tau. P.S. I would like to see a battle field version of warhammer 40k. Expand
  3. TommyS.
    Jan 11, 2004
    First of all this game is a perfect example of taking a good idea, eating it, and turning it into crap. The only reason I bought this sad, boring, tedious, and unforgiving games is because I play the table top version of Warhammer 40k (yeah Im kinda a nerd :P). I have been playing video games my whole life (even when I was a fetus), but my endless buying and beating games came to a halt First of all this game is a perfect example of taking a good idea, eating it, and turning it into crap. The only reason I bought this sad, boring, tedious, and unforgiving games is because I play the table top version of Warhammer 40k (yeah Im kinda a nerd :P). I have been playing video games my whole life (even when I was a fetus), but my endless buying and beating games came to a halt when I could not simply blow up a big gun with 3 Chaos space mariens guarding it. I tried and tried, but to no avail. The ugly save system for the game didn't help me in that situation much either. By the way, I think Satan himself made the save system for this game. So I have finally found a game that is to hard for me to actually beat (call me crazy), I think I will just find out what God mode is and walk through the rest of the game. Oh yeah Pros: Uhhhh....it has nice graphics. Expand
  4. ChrisS.
    Oct 31, 2003
    Can't wait to play this game, I myself play Tau and I'm really excited that they did a game about my race. Glory to the greater good!
  5. JamesW.
    Sup'erb!
  6. AchmedJehovah
    Oct 6, 2003
    generic action. doesn't hold up to halo, unreal tournament, or quake 3 for first person shooting. the graphics are good and its the best warhammer game yet released but its as bad as the rest of them. lame. PS i'm glad i pirated this rather than bought it
  7. AlanL.
    Sep 15, 2003
    This game looks sweet, I can't wait to play it. I have a Tau army and it rocks that Games Workshop made their game based around them. Warhammer 40k is a great a tabletop game, as will fire warrior will be a great video game.
  8. DabbleM.
    Sep 23, 2003
    Definitely for 40k fans everywhere! im a big fan but this game is definitely the next halo! LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!
  9. LiamM.
    Sep 30, 2003
    Yeah it rocks! superb action good story good graphics and cool weapons. good enemy AI. BIG PROBLEM: NO VEHICLES! vehicles are what MAKE the armies of W40K and they would make the game a lot better. Not to criticise, the development team have stayed faithful to the battle game and you will immediately recognize the troops, worlds, vehicles(not drivable) and armies. A pretty good game, but Yeah it rocks! superb action good story good graphics and cool weapons. good enemy AI. BIG PROBLEM: NO VEHICLES! vehicles are what MAKE the armies of W40K and they would make the game a lot better. Not to criticise, the development team have stayed faithful to the battle game and you will immediately recognize the troops, worlds, vehicles(not drivable) and armies. A pretty good game, but it can't touch HALO. Engine similar to that of red faction. Expand
  10. JamieD.
    Feb 9, 2004
    I foound the 1st player very good only a few cons however the multi in this games should be left in a room with a hungy bloodthirster this game could have been alot better. as a 40 k player myself I noticed the little thing like the Tau beating the dreadnought with the bolter !! IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN GLORY TO THE SPACE WOLVE.
  11. DanW.
    Dec 20, 2003
    Very good but the bad bit is... No cheats!!
  12. S.Meta
    Oct 3, 2003
    This rocks. Great graphics, great AI perhaps a little hard aiming with control, but its learnable.
  13. TauTastic
    Oct 5, 2003
    Just gave it a test run for about 2o minutes, It make halo look like doom was to doom2. get this game it rocks.
  14. NathanT.
    Oct 6, 2003
    The game has excellent graphics and a very good storyline and finely a game about warhammer 40k its very exciting to play because you need skill but not to much of it.
  15. Mont'yrK.
    Sep 14, 2003
    This game looks like the next Halo. I also think it wiil be great because I play the Tau in the Game Workshop game. LONG LIVE THE TAU!!!
  16. AndrewP.
    Sep 8, 2003
    This is a top of the range FPS with an involving storyline and high quality graphics to boot. A must buy for both FPS fans and anyone interested in the 40K battle game.
  17. DanielL.
    Oct 11, 2004
    It's the best better than xbox's halo.
  18. SimonY.
    Nov 29, 2005
    The gaurd take alot of damage and so does the tau. The stormtroopers are no different and plasma guns are weak and can't rapid fire and bolters are too powerful and can't rapid fire that well. it's so unrealistic if it's meant to be based on 40k.
  19. AidanF.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Glory to the sons of Russ!!
  20. BobJoe
    Oct 12, 2003
    Because it is cool and has good graphics and play time. Just like the table top game.
  21. ChristianF.
    Nov 26, 2003
    Not as good as you make it out to be. Levels are short and uninvolving. The weapons lack any feel of power and the "you need a blue key to open this door" is repetative and unoriginal. Good for a blast bit only if you've already completed Halo or Mace Griffin.
  22. EddyS.
    Nov 3, 2003
    Its a very well designed game apert from there is not enough save points in each level but, the game makes up for it with easy controls, fast action game play and amazing graphics! Peace out!
  23. AustenB.
    Nov 4, 2003
    I think this game will be great... Tau come on! its the Tau... But anyway I collect Dark Angels and it would have been awsome if they were in this game or the Tyranids but anyway if you play WH40k give me a tell some time at called2serve@juno.com
  24. MalcolmJ.
    Oct 29, 2003
    No bots in multi-player? What were they thinking?? What am I supposed to do for fun once the game is finished??? Where are all the other races in m-player???? You let me down GW and THQ!!!! Decent graphics + std FPS action.
  25. EldradE.
    Oct 3, 2003
    This game has an excellant graphics driver which make the movie scenes almost real. But the game lacks a certain interaction,YOU CAN'T DRIVE THE VEHICLES! Other that that this game is very good and will Rival against the upcoming title on X-Box: Halo2
  26. JohnC.
    Oct 9, 2003
    Good atmospheric sci-fi version of medal of honour, however biggest let down is the frustratingly long stretches of gameplay required before reaching a save point, this leads to many parts of the later levels being repeatedly replayed to boredom trying to complete. This aspect gives me an overdose of boredom and angry bouts of handset throwing.
  27. JaredP.
    Sep 10, 2003
    This game truly does sound like an awsome game like Halo!. Finally somone makes a game for Warhammer 40,000. I collect Tau and i think this'll be amazing when i play it!
  28. bloodangel
    Sep 26, 2003
    I dont play tau (bloodangels) but i have been waiting for a 40k computer game for a long time. it looks mint' check out the trailer on firewarrior.com glory to the emperor and sanguinius.
    Jan 5, 2004
    Very good, only drawback is it is missing a few key armies such as tyranids, necrons, and eldar!!!
  30. AriH.
    Mar 19, 2004
    Horrible graphics, tepid AI, bad map design, bad mission planning. This game I had high hopes for until I started seeing screenshots that were bad. I am a zealous Tau player and even I saw too many things done wrong by JoWood. Guess they used all their talent on Soldner instead. Disappointing.
  31. AlexDroogley
    Aug 14, 2009
    I very much enjoyed this game. The gameplay is nice and tactical - it's not a simple run-and-gun, you have to think and plan to survive. It's also great to play as the noble alien Tau killing the filthy human Imperials. Has varied and believable sci-fi environments. The developers did a great job. I'd like to see more Warhammer 40K FPS games.
  32. GeoffreyS.
    Aug 18, 2003
    This game looks awesome. I've played the Games Workshop game for a couple of years and was totally psyched to see that there was a video game coming out. I played the demo too. So sweet. It takes a lot from Halo, but thats fine because Halo was awesome anyway. Go out and buy this NOW!!!
  33. SamB.
    Sep 19, 2003
    Excellent FPS even for people who are not fans of warhammer 4o,ooo.This is a must for any first person shooter fan.
  34. GraemeW.
    Sep 26, 2003
    1 word for it. Amazing. And online play brings it up a level. Cool tech weps too.
  35. ZacharyS.
    Jan 26, 2004
    It's so hard to aim in this game and why wont they let you play races like space marines eldar dark eldar impeial guard sisters of battle space orks necrons and tyrinds.
  36. MichaelM.
    Feb 25, 2004
    This game is missing lots of stuff like graphics,cheats and differant races but is overall very good. Should be able to be chaos though. Death to the false emperer! Long live Abbadon!
  37. AnonymousMC
    Mar 11, 2004
    Bit of a choker here. The enemies take way too much ammo to drop (a space marine, fine, but a lame-o imperial guard taking an entire magazine to floor him? Come ON!). That, a lack of cheats, and a nightmare save system sank it a bit for me. On the plus side, you play Tau (insted of the manditory man versus the aliens) and the character's kinda cool. Back to the downs, why theBit of a choker here. The enemies take way too much ammo to drop (a space marine, fine, but a lame-o imperial guard taking an entire magazine to floor him? Come ON!). That, a lack of cheats, and a nightmare save system sank it a bit for me. On the plus side, you play Tau (insted of the manditory man versus the aliens) and the character's kinda cool. Back to the downs, why the heck did they have to cram all this into a dayspan? They could have made it last a lot longer and given you different races for different levels!

Still, for mindless plasma-slinging blow-up-the-baddies time killing, this game's alright.
  38. AdeebA.
    Dec 13, 2003
    I think this game is good it has good online play which keeps you entertained also it has a good story mode , the only bad thing is the multiplayer without 4 players or online could be boring.
  39. Sep 5, 2013
    Pretty solid FPS here, especially for the PS2. While it gets kind of repetitive near the end, and the checkpoint system is balls, it has a good storyline and gives the player a good challenge without feeling unfair... most of the time. If you have a PS2, this game is worth picking up, and it's very affordable at only about $2.
  40. Jul 1, 2017
    This might be the best fps on ps2 Fire Warrior has aged extremely well I love this game it is so awesome, perfect responsive controlls cool guns and enemies and the intriguing world of Worhammer 40k

1. Sure it’s short and the online game is disappointing, but the core campaign is challenging and lots of fun. Those with a visual sweet tooth will love the eye candy this game has to offer, and the sounds of war have never been this dramatic.
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    It's quite ironic that a game based on a license that is the progenitor of sci-fi gaming ends up feeling like a kludgy, mediocre hodge-podge of better sci-fi shooters. [Nov 2003, p.147]
  3. Cheat Code Central
    A game based on such a rich tapestry of races should at least give you a choice of whom to play as, but for the entire single player experience you'll be Kais, a Tau warrior. That's not so bad, if you are a fan or collect Tau. But what if you aren't?