Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
8.3

1. TommyS.
    Jan 11, 2004
    First of all this game is a perfect example of taking a good idea, eating it, and turning it into crap. The only reason I bought this sad, boring, tedious, and unforgiving games is because I play the table top version of Warhammer 40k (yeah Im kinda a nerd :P). I have been playing video games my whole life (even when I was a fetus), but my endless buying and beating games came to a halt First of all this game is a perfect example of taking a good idea, eating it, and turning it into crap. The only reason I bought this sad, boring, tedious, and unforgiving games is because I play the table top version of Warhammer 40k (yeah Im kinda a nerd :P). I have been playing video games my whole life (even when I was a fetus), but my endless buying and beating games came to a halt when I could not simply blow up a big gun with 3 Chaos space mariens guarding it. I tried and tried, but to no avail. The ugly save system for the game didn't help me in that situation much either. By the way, I think Satan himself made the save system for this game. So I have finally found a game that is to hard for me to actually beat (call me crazy), I think I will just find out what God mode is and walk through the rest of the game. Oh yeah Pros: Uhhhh....it has nice graphics. Expand
  2. AriH.
    Mar 19, 2004
    Horrible graphics, tepid AI, bad map design, bad mission planning. This game I had high hopes for until I started seeing screenshots that were bad. I am a zealous Tau player and even I saw too many things done wrong by JoWood. Guess they used all their talent on Soldner instead. Disappointing.
  3. ZacharyS.
    Jan 26, 2004
    It's so hard to aim in this game and why wont they let you play races like space marines eldar dark eldar impeial guard sisters of battle space orks necrons and tyrinds.

#39 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. Sure it’s short and the online game is disappointing, but the core campaign is challenging and lots of fun. Those with a visual sweet tooth will love the eye candy this game has to offer, and the sounds of war have never been this dramatic.
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    It's quite ironic that a game based on a license that is the progenitor of sci-fi gaming ends up feeling like a kludgy, mediocre hodge-podge of better sci-fi shooters. [Nov 2003, p.147]
  3. Cheat Code Central
    A game based on such a rich tapestry of races should at least give you a choice of whom to play as, but for the entire single player experience you'll be Kais, a Tau warrior. That's not so bad, if you are a fan or collect Tau. But what if you aren't?