• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: Mar 21, 2006
8.5

1. TotoM.
    May 22, 2006
    Games that need lot's of time with thousand things to do.
  2. PeterC.
    Jun 30, 2006
    I love these type of games hours of fun and destruction, been playing these types of games for years never get bored unless i complete it lol. Its a great game and good graphics with lots of customise options.
  3. WoofMan
    Mar 4, 2007
    This is a VERY deep game with lots to do and great for gearheads who like to tinker with every little thing. A must have for the good game library.
  4. joe/atomboruch
    Jun 14, 2007
    if u love ships & gunes & the real feel of a navel battel then look no ferthere man
    this game has it all & puts them all to sham that tryed to make the same
    u billd a ship big or small fast or slow with any gunes u can fit & things to defend it self with im telling u ill never ever trad this game cu's it never endes & its never boring ok & i pray to god thay mack a thered just as
    this game has it all & puts them all to sham that tryed to make the same
    im telling u ill never ever trad this game cu's it never endes & its never boring ok & i pray to god thay mack a thered just as good if not the same as this one no b-s!
    atom/joe:)
  5. MichaelI.
    Mar 22, 2006
    great game. The first 2 games (Naval Ops: Warshipper Gunner and Naval Ops: Commander) were great too but this game expands a little, with better graphics and side games makes this a GREAT game. If you are not sure rent it first but if you like naval games then walk, no run and buy it.
  6. JoshMorris
    Feb 16, 2009
    One of the best gems on the PS2, it's surprising that a 3rd game has yet to be announced for the PS3 (or even the Wii).

While not a graphical feat like "Front Mission 4" or "Ace Combat", only a fool would think that graphics make the game. Sure, the learning curve is high for new players, but given this is the closet navel version of "Morrowind" I've ever played, it's

Sure, the learning curve is high for new players, but given this is the closet navel version of "Morrowind" I've ever played, it's well worth the schooling.

I just wish there was some kind of painting aspect to the ships, blowing the crap out of my enemies in a lavender battleship with red trim would be a kick.

1. For gearheads and RPG freaks, this is absolutely worth a look, and for everyone else, the creativity and holy-hell-they-make-a-game-about-that-stuff aspect might just make it worth the purchase price.
  2. I don't think I've ever been as bored as I was playing Warship Gunner 2. [Apr 2006, p.124]
    The major drawback of WG2 is that the game could have been accomplished on a PlayStation. Being a PS2 game, the detail on ships and overall graphics are not up to scratch. I would have liked to have seen more varied missions, maybe even some little men running around decks.