We Love Katamari PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 20, 2005
8.9

1. RyanA.
    Sep 24, 2005
    One of the best video games in my collection. It has an improved level select interface from the first game. The music even tops Katamari Damacy's music.
  2. JoeJ.
    Mar 11, 2006
    its so fun and the gameplay is awsome, i had no trouble with the game and its really fun for two people!
  3. Blaje
    Jul 10, 2005
    I got the Japanese version of this game and it is the greatest game i've ever played. And i've played a lot of games. It inproved over everything the 1st one had.
  4. JonathanB.
    Sep 30, 2005
    This is a definite expansion of Katamari Damacy. All the things that made the original so great are here, and there are enough refinements and additions to warrant the sequel. Many have talked about the amount of levels and new places to explore with your giant junk ball, and while the sheer number of levels has increased dramatically, I still finished the game in about 5 hours. This is a definite expansion of Katamari Damacy. All the things that made the original so great are here, and there are enough refinements and additions to warrant the sequel. Many have talked about the amount of levels and new places to explore with your giant junk ball, and while the sheer number of levels has increased dramatically, I still finished the game in about 5 hours. That's not to say that it has no replay value, quite the contrary. This is a game you'll always be able to pick up and enjoy. The problem is though, that the game lacks a way for you to 'free play'. You cannot simply start as the smallest katamari and keep growing and growing until you roll up absolutely everything in the game. This isn't even a feature after you beat the game. Instead you are relegated to 2 basic types of missions in all the levels: one focusing on size of katamari, and one on time completion. "We Love Katamari" does add a few special stages into the mix, includin an underwater stage, a racetrack stage inwhich your katamari is super-fast, a nighttime firefly collecting stage, and a camp-fire building level where you have to roll over flamnable material to keep your ball burning. Another nice addition is the ability to play as one of a myriad of cousins, which are collected throughout the game, as are 'presents'. These presents allow you to dress your character in everything from scarves to giraffe hats, much like the first game. A new 2-player co-op mode is included, as well as a refined battle system. All in all an excellent game that should not be missed. if your a fan of the original this is a must-own. I just wish there was a free-play option, really my only gripe. Expand
  5. LGuapo
    Aug 18, 2005
    One of the most innovative games i've played - loved the first game, love this game - very good wholesome fun.
  6. Curtis
    Sep 20, 2005
    The first katamari was Fantastic!!! and they have outdone them selves this thime the game is Fantastic!!!
  7. MichaelA.
    Mar 30, 2006
    I LOVE KATAMARI!!! The gameplay and story both still feel innovative. The game is very humorous and it will leave you humming the Katamari theme song as many times as you listen to it. Those who are depressed should buy a PS2 and We Love Katamari.
  8. KeelyG.
    Dec 20, 2005
    I loved the first Katamari Damacy, and though the sequal's music isn't as compelling, the game play is very entertaining. A great sequal to a great first game!
  9. BobP.
    Sep 23, 2005
    "We Love Katamari" is a great sequel that expands on the great concept that made Katamari Damacy a masterpiece. While some people may complain about the dated graphic visuals still in the game, it's these visuals that help make "We Love Katamari" fun and humorous. The levels have greatly increased in numbers and the sizes of the maps have also improved. I've really enjoyed all "We Love Katamari" is a great sequel that expands on the great concept that made Katamari Damacy a masterpiece. While some people may complain about the dated graphic visuals still in the game, it's these visuals that help make "We Love Katamari" fun and humorous. The levels have greatly increased in numbers and the sizes of the maps have also improved. I've really enjoyed all of the new enviroments, new goals, and new characters this game has implemented. The songs are still catchy although there are a few I still haven't gotten use to yet. There is an actual story to "We Love Katamari" that gives it's players the background story about the King and his father. While these quick cutscenes of the King and his father are very short it does add some depth to the characters we have all grown to love from Katamari Damacy. If you haven't tried Katamari Damacy yet go pick it up! And if you loved Katamari Damacy your love will continue "We Love Katamari"... you won't be disappointed. Expand
  10. Gnarles
    Sep 26, 2005
    Better than the first game on every level except music, We Love Katamari is a classic. It may not be as original as the previous game, but when more of the same is this compelling, it's hard to complain. Plus, the hilariously self-referential nature of the game makes it a kind of MetaKatamari. Not to be missed.
  11. PamelaK.
    Jan 19, 2007
    This is game is much fun and is terribly addictive!! Don't play it if you don't want to be hooked on a game, cause this is the banana split of PS2 games. Keep you going for hours and hours and hours.
  12. VahndD.
    Oct 24, 2005
    Funny and happy game... that's he first time i saw it. suitable for whole family, even for a granny. the soundtracks are good, original, and sound happiness. best puzzle game i've ever met since the tetris and the puzzle bubble. good job. thanks for the developers!
  13. PaulB.
    Aug 25, 2005
    I've been playing the Japanese version for four days now, and can safely say it's an even better game than the original. The stages are more varied and inventive (and there are more of them), the graphics are more detailed, and the music is just as fantastic. I can't wait for the U.S. release to figure out what the King is actually saying...
  14. DeanaD.
    Jun 13, 2007
    Probably my favorite game of all time!! Surpasses the original because it adds different elements to the rolling (getting brighter, rolling up dollar amounts, etc). Even once you complete all the levels, there is endless amusement in inspecting all the objects you've collected, taking pictures and putting them in your photo album, just rolling around and exploring at your leisure, Probably my favorite game of all time!! Surpasses the original because it adds different elements to the rolling (getting brighter, rolling up dollar amounts, etc). Even once you complete all the levels, there is endless amusement in inspecting all the objects you've collected, taking pictures and putting them in your photo album, just rolling around and exploring at your leisure, etc. I wish there was more merchandise available related to the game! I would buy everything! If anything, though, the lack of "official" merchandise has left the door open for all sorts of unique fan-created items to be bought and sold. Expand
  15. Jun 8, 2013
    A sequel to the original and bonkers Katamari Damacy (that never received a PAL release) We Love Katamari represented Europe’s first opportunity to meet the King of the Cosmos.

This time around said King has destroyed/lost most of the planets in the galaxy having had a little too much to drink. In order to replace them he charges his little prince to collect objects from Earth and fire them into space. That’s were the player comes in. Within each of the games levels you start with a sticky ball (of varying sizes) that will collect anything you roll it over. The more objects collected the bigger the ball gets which in turn allows you to roll over and collect ever larger items. There is a great variety from level to level, some see you gathering objects from around a bedroom whilst another ends in the hoovering up of entire continents. In order to keep players on their toes extra challenges such as time limits or instructions to collect particular items are introduced as the game progresses but these are rarely that difficult to meet.

If you managed to play the first title in the series this We Love Katamari may seem a little familiar, for anyone else however it provides one of the most unique video game experiences in the last decade.
  16. Aug 22, 2012
    I'm giving it a 9 because I think the controls in the katamari games are awkward.

But it's still a great game!!

Is there anything more fun then rolling up the sun with a huge sticky ball?!
  17. Oct 3, 2015
    Que puedo decir de We Love Katamari ? que es Original , divertido , estraño , bizarro y que es el juego más alegre del mundo de la PlayStation 2 y que ! no te dejes engañar por su aspecto infantil ! , cuando juegas vas descubriendo que este loco juego es para adultos .
  18. Jun 8, 2013

#57 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. Albeit shorter than an average game We Love Katamari is excellent all the way through. If you loved the first game there is no doubt that you’ll laud We Love Katamari.
  2. netjak
    "Katamari Damacy" is still on my short list of favorite games of all time. It's an incredible game, and I'm not giving up my copy for anyone. But We Love Katamari has managed to beat it, hands down, in almost every single way.
  3. Consistently surprising and full of unexpected delights even for players who squeezed the last drops out of the first game; it takes the concept that we loved so much and asks "I wonder what else we can do with this" with a huge cheeky grin on its face and a pocket full of Class-A drugs, Party Rings and bathroom cleaning products. [JPN Import]