• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Sep 20, 2005
8.9

1. Jun 8, 2013
    A sequel to the original and bonkers Katamari Damacy (that never received a PAL release) We Love Katamari represented Europe’s first opportunity to meet the King of the Cosmos.

This time around said King has destroyed/lost most of the planets in the galaxy having had a little too much to drink. In order to replace them he charges his little prince to collect objects from Earth and fire
    them into space. That’s were the player comes in. Within each of the games levels you start with a sticky ball (of varying sizes) that will collect anything you roll it over. The more objects collected the bigger the ball gets which in turn allows you to roll over and collect ever larger items. There is a great variety from level to level, some see you gathering objects from around a bedroom whilst another ends in the hoovering up of entire continents. In order to keep players on their toes extra challenges such as time limits or instructions to collect particular items are introduced as the game progresses but these are rarely that difficult to meet.

If you managed to play the first title in the series this We Love Katamari may seem a little familiar, for anyone else however it provides one of the most unique video game experiences in the last decade.
  2. Aug 22, 2012
    I'm giving it a 9 because I think the controls in the katamari games are awkward.

But it's still a great game!!

Is there anything more fun then rolling up the sun with a huge sticky ball?!

1. Albeit shorter than an average game We Love Katamari is excellent all the way through. If you loved the first game there is no doubt that you’ll laud We Love Katamari.
    "Katamari Damacy" is still on my short list of favorite games of all time. It's an incredible game, and I'm not giving up my copy for anyone. But We Love Katamari has managed to beat it, hands down, in almost every single way.
  3. Consistently surprising and full of unexpected delights even for players who squeezed the last drops out of the first game; it takes the concept that we loved so much and asks "I wonder what else we can do with this" with a huge cheeky grin on its face and a pocket full of Class-A drugs, Party Rings and bathroom cleaning products. [JPN Import]