Wipeout Fusion PlayStation 2

8.3

1. AdrickR.
    May 6, 2003
    While I will agree this is a good looking game while racing. It is filled with bugs and crappy load screens that aren't even entertaining. The music is pure class b trance garbage. Also the game centers WAY too much on the poorly designed weapons. I also notice no one mentioning the extremely poor two player mode which is such a let down. The game continued to slow down every time we While I will agree this is a good looking game while racing. It is filled with bugs and crappy load screens that aren't even entertaining. The music is pure class b trance garbage. Also the game centers WAY too much on the poorly designed weapons. I also notice no one mentioning the extremely poor two player mode which is such a let down. The game continued to slow down every time we played a track that had even the slightest bit of advanced graphics. All in all this had the potential to be the next Wipeout XL and did not even come close! I wish the original designers would step in and show these yahoos how to really make a hover racing game. Maybe we can glimmer some hope from the new HSX:hypersonic extreme series. Expand
  2. StevenJ.
    Dec 30, 2002
    I'll agree with Will C. and Cait S. about what they said about this game. However, I will not be as forgiving. The music is crap and it lost its dark industrial feel completely. I too like both these guys was thinking "Pod Racer rip-off". The biggest problem I have is bugs. The game seems to be full of them. It has locked up on me countless times. The disc is brand new and is free of I'll agree with Will C. and Cait S. about what they said about this game. However, I will not be as forgiving. The music is crap and it lost its dark industrial feel completely. I too like both these guys was thinking "Pod Racer rip-off". The biggest problem I have is bugs. The game seems to be full of them. It has locked up on me countless times. The disc is brand new and is free of dirt or fingerprints...so its not that. I mean, I see all these reviews and no one has mentioned this problem. Maybe I have a bad copy of the game or something. Earlier tonight I was TRYING to play this game and it decided to screw up real bad. The shield warning came on at 90% (???) and the ship was STUCK on autopilot. After watching the game play itself for 6 laps or so I got disgusted and shut off the PSX2 when I could not get back control. It seems everyday I play it it locks on me. Yet I keep trying to play it. It is not a bad game...I just wish it had better music and wasn't warmed over "Star Wars Revenge Racer". Anyone else have this problem? Expand
  3. Apr 10, 2017
    Graphiquement très présentable (pour de la PS2) si on le considère avec un oeil de 2013 et très beau si on le considère à son époque (on ne trouvait pas beaucoup mieux dans le genre à dire vrai). D'autant plus dommage du coup, ces **** ralentissements qui viennent ternir le tableau parfois. Ambiance sonore et musicale toujours excellente cependant.

Le gros problème de Fusion, c'est

Le gros problème de Fusion, c'est qu'il est devenu bien trop bourrin et con par rapport aux deux premiers épisodes sur PS1 : concurrents trop agressifs, trop d'armes, trop de violence (!)... un Wipeout c'est surtout des trajectoires et des bonus de vitesse et de précision, ce n'est pas simplement dégommer tous les connards devant soi (non Conan, ce n'est pas un jeu pour toi... enfin normalement). Ce Wipeout est devenu tellement débile qu'il n'est pas rare de finir une course à 2 ou 3 concurrents... c'est n'importe quoi.

#34 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#43 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Taking hairpin turns and navigating loop-the-loops at 500 mph is Wipeout’s equivalent of a boring straightaway.
    There's no next generation oomph that sneaks up and slaps you on the face like that little bald orange man from the old Tango drink ads, no real sense of feeling justified for making that step up from 32- to 128-bit.
  3. The most accessible, fastest, most potent version of the series. It’s arguably the best of the four games that make up the series, but nobody can deny that’s easily the prettiest.