World Series of Poker PlayStation 2

8.2

1. MattMayo
    Oct 5, 2005
    This game is cool but i need some cheats because it is relly hard to win!
  2. PCR.
    Jul 28, 2006
    Very addictive game, good for practicing before playing for real money. Each player can have their own picture via eye-toy + microphone when playing. Would be good to improve graphics slightly, although this would merely be aesthetic improvement of an already excellent game. Personalisation of character good, but not as good as many other games (e.g. TW Golf). Interesting to notice the Very addictive game, good for practicing before playing for real money. Each player can have their own picture via eye-toy + microphone when playing. Would be good to improve graphics slightly, although this would merely be aesthetic improvement of an already excellent game. Personalisation of character good, but not as good as many other games (e.g. TW Golf). Interesting to notice the game has an age rating of 10+ in the US and 18+ in Europe. I wouldn't let my 10-year old child play it, at least not online - speech is free (swearing and occassional abuse), and no one can sensor the pictures sent via eye-toy camera, plus I'm not too sure on the ethics of teaching 10-year olds how to gamble. Great game overall, will definetely be queuing up for any future releases! Best wishes from Lapland, Finland - Land of the Midnight Sun. Expand
  3. TravisLamb
    Sep 6, 2005
    I love video games and playing poker is my "job," I jumped at the chance to get this game. Aside from the fact that there's no money involved, this is a fairly decent game. The AI could be more challenging, as computer opponents will raise and call with hands they have no business even limping into. The length of the tournaments is a pretty fair assessment. It at least gives oneI love video games and playing poker is my "job," I jumped at the chance to get this game. Aside from the fact that there's no money involved, this is a fairly decent game. The AI could be more challenging, as computer opponents will raise and call with hands they have no business even limping into. The length of the tournaments is a pretty fair assessment. It at least gives one the feeling of how taxing playing in a big tournament can be, as you get tired of playing and want to call just about anything. But, other than the wild and questionable computer difficulty and cheesy celebrations, I would recommend this game to anyone who likes playing poker and has some time to kill. Expand
  4. jordanadamson
    Sep 7, 2005
    this game is the best poker game ive ever sean. the graphics are nice, sound is pretty cool, and there is alot of poker ou can play. The thing that you shoud be doing is playing career mode. that is where the fun is. the other things are like playing a worm up to get your mind going. I defanatly recomend you playing world series of poker if you cant gamble yet. the 2 best things aboutthis game is the best poker game ive ever sean. the graphics are nice, sound is pretty cool, and there is alot of poker ou can play. The thing that you shoud be doing is playing career mode. that is where the fun is. the other things are like playing a worm up to get your mind going. I defanatly recomend you playing world series of poker if you cant gamble yet. the 2 best things about world series of poker are the player maker, and the best thing of all........ being able to fast forward through plays. if you take time to notice, when the blinds encrease, the chips will turn to diffrent collors represented at the world series. get this game, the only dissapointing thing is that there is no online toudament mode but other than that, this is one of the poker games to get.......

also get wcp 2 featuring Howard Ledear, WPT, and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!stacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. JoshS.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Really good
    Nov 9, 2005
    If you don't play no limit, it is UNBELIEVABLY slow!! If you play no limit the players are all calling stations. This game is terrible!
  7. DrewM.
    Dec 28, 2005
    I haven't had any problems doing well in tournaments at all (I've finished in the money in several tournaments and took 2nd in a limit hold 'em) I'm trying to decide whether the game is too easy or if maybe I might be pretty good at poker. Is anyone else finding winning too easy?

Aside from the World Series of Poker name and Lon's voice, this game has nothing to do with poker's ultimate event and even fails to compete with poker products of comparable or lesser price. Nuts!
  2. It looks terrible with its blocky graphics and herky jerky animation. The poker gameplay is about as average as you can get. There are better, more realistic poker games available on the net for free.
  3. If you have the PS2 and the EyeToy, you and your opponents can actually set your cameras up so you can see each other while you play; just like you were sitting at the table at Hannah's Casino. That is very cool.