• Publisher: Konami
  • Also On: PC
8.0

1. SujanV.
    May 5, 2006
    This game is just great. EA should play good football games like this before they decide to release one more FIFA game.
  2. NikolaiC.
    May 12, 2006
    Konami strikes again! Can it get any better than this. The physics engine is unbelievable with realistic bounces, slide tackles, dribbling, shots, etc. Although it still doesn't own all of the licenses, once it does, FIFA will be wiped off the mat for good. The six star setting is a little unrealistic (magic goals for the computer, etc.) but is still worth the challenge. Buying Konami strikes again! Can it get any better than this. The physics engine is unbelievable with realistic bounces, slide tackles, dribbling, shots, etc. Although it still doesn't own all of the licenses, once it does, FIFA will be wiped off the mat for good. The six star setting is a little unrealistic (magic goals for the computer, etc.) but is still worth the challenge. Buying classic players is a gem as usual as well as the access to classic squads. You can change teams around easily, and the Master League mode had gotten more in-depth as the series continues. I can't wait for the PS3 version of this franchise. Well worth the money and time to play the game. Collapse
  3. CozoniW.
    Feb 24, 2006
    Not only the best football....sorry..."soccer" game on the market but one of the best games ever made; if you have even the remotest interest in the sport you NEED this game.
  4. RaulB.
    Feb 8, 2006
    the best soccer game ever!!! hands down. WE9 makes fifa 06 a midiocre game. It's not much of an improvement from WE8 but it's still the king in soccer. WE9 is WE8 but with better graphics and online play. Konami should make bigger improvements because if they don't, some game called fifa is going to come alone and take the lead.
  5. DemetriS.
    Feb 9, 2006
    To a gamer that knows or plays football, WE9 is an improvement over WE8, in terms of ball physics, speed of gameplay, and goalscoring . It's not just better graphics. It is one step closer to simulating the game of football. Every year I buy the new winning eleven, and the changes in the game are worth every penny of the purchase price. Fifa lags far behind unless you like arcade To a gamer that knows or plays football, WE9 is an improvement over WE8, in terms of ball physics, speed of gameplay, and goalscoring . It's not just better graphics. It is one step closer to simulating the game of football. Every year I buy the new winning eleven, and the changes in the game are worth every penny of the purchase price. Fifa lags far behind unless you like arcade style over sim. In my opinion, winnning eleven is the best SPORTS video game, period. Expand
  6. F.Geist
    Jun 5, 2006
    The greatest soccer game on the market! Perfect control, intelligent opponent and teammate AI, and online play help make this game the ultimate soccer experience! You must play the amazing Master League Mode to get the full experience, its RPG elements will have you hooked in a short time! I can't stop playing this game, thank you Konami!
  7. Totti
    Nov 12, 2005
    Sensational.
  8. JasparC.
    Nov 22, 2005
    Awesome game. I play it every day that I can, even if it's just a friendly for 20 minutes. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, as it has improved a lot over WE8. The graphics are superb (much better than Fifa 06), and the gameplay is spot on yet again. A great new feature is the Memorial Match, which saves your record against your friends in multiplayer. It keeps track of all sorts Awesome game. I play it every day that I can, even if it's just a friendly for 20 minutes. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, as it has improved a lot over WE8. The graphics are superb (much better than Fifa 06), and the gameplay is spot on yet again. A great new feature is the Memorial Match, which saves your record against your friends in multiplayer. It keeps track of all sorts of statistics, so you can easily see who is the best player! Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

A scintillating performance, marred only by the odd foul.
    The gameplay is nigh on perfection, the pace is perfect, the shooting has been tweaked subtly and, with the addition of the R2 shooting, it really feels like a new game. This is the first time since WE6 that most die-hard fans will notice a real change and a real sense of newfound enjoyment in the game.
  3. We'd like to see the player rewarded for his skills more, that the game was fairer. There remain plenty of moments in Winning Eleven 9 where you'll scream with frustration not because 'that's football' but because the game does something that's completely out of your control, and for that reason we have to mark it down.