Worms Forts: Under Siege PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Mar 15, 2005
8.0

1. Oct 14, 2015
    Worms Forts: Under Siege isn't a bad game, but it definitely isn't anything to write home about either. I do think it's interesting you're not just crawling around the map blasting the competition for a change. You're in charge of building up fortifications and destroying that of your opponents. The annoying thing is that there are no difficulty settings and the opponents are REALLY tough.Worms Forts: Under Siege isn't a bad game, but it definitely isn't anything to write home about either. I do think it's interesting you're not just crawling around the map blasting the competition for a change. You're in charge of building up fortifications and destroying that of your opponents. The annoying thing is that there are no difficulty settings and the opponents are REALLY tough. What's too bad is that landscape destruction is gone entirely. This obviously had to be done or otherwise you had no room to set up buildings, but it's still a pity. It's one of my favourite things about Worms.

Team 17 went in a whole different direction with this one. And I'd say it's tolerable. It's not a great game by any means. But in my opinion, it's unique-ness amongst the other games in the Worms franchise makes it still worth getting for the collection. It's still classic Worms where you shoot other worms with bazookas, but this time in a different coat. Give it a try, if you like the other Worms games, you might like this one!
  2. Sep 17, 2010
    Worms Forts: Under Siege is an OK game. Good points first: Instead of using your worms to decimate your opponents, you build various buildings like castles, citadels and Science Labs and use mounted weapons like the Cluster bombs and Rhino and then fling them at your enemies. The weapons are really imaginative; the Giant Lazer and the Rocket Launcher are my favourites. You can kit yourWorms Forts: Under Siege is an OK game. Good points first: Instead of using your worms to decimate your opponents, you build various buildings like castles, citadels and Science Labs and use mounted weapons like the Cluster bombs and Rhino and then fling them at your enemies. The weapons are really imaginative; the Giant Lazer and the Rocket Launcher are my favourites. You can kit your Worms with various hats to make them unique. Bad Points: Matches feel slow and I never seem to finish a game against the computer because the matches just drag on. This game fairs best (like all Worms games do) if you play with human players. I prefer the other Worms games in terms of game play. Collapse
  3. CalvinS.
    Dec 4, 2004
    Worms Forts is the best worms game since Worms 3D.There are lots of wepons,stages,missons and items.This game is fun for the whole family.My most fav weapon is the Giant Laser.This is a perfect game for kids.
  4. Sep 17, 2010

#65 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. If you're after a genuinely funny game that features a massive challenge, then if you can overlook its obvious faults, Worms Forts: Under Siege will serve you well. The exploding refrigerators are just a bonus.
  2. I enjoyed it immensely and welcome the new angle that Team 17 has gone for.
  3. Instead of sticking to a formula that is for all intense purposes simplistic genius, Team 17 have decided to go for a game with a remarkably unnecessary amount of complexity.