8.9

1. Jul 16, 2017
    Great career,roster,so fun and addicting.Really good mechanics, one of the best wrestling games of all time! Suggest you to play that game if you are a wrestling fan, NOW!
  2. May 26, 2017
    I think 90% of the people start their PS2 experience by this game only. Classic game. Royal rumble system is a little too fast for the liking, but still, it is fun. And also, anything with tornado tag is fun.
  3. May 25, 2016
    WWE SmackDown Here Comes the Pain is the best wrestling game on PS2, not to mention WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2011 . Not really good graphics, but many different wrestlers and one ofthe best gameplay in WWF/WWE Series . This is first WWE Games (WWF not to mention) . On Cover for this game Brock Lesnar . Amazing wrestling game .
  4. Jan 23, 2016
    We have now 2016-and this games is even now in best 3 wrestling games ever!!!Cool unique modes,best rooster and great atmosphere!!!Great sound,matches,rooster, and modes!!You can have realistic matches or unrealistic matche for example in the middle of the street.
  5. Jan 1, 2016
    BEST WRESTLING GAME EVER!! not joking its better than any 2k 15,16 i still play it with it on party,s and its amazing.its felling nostalgic.its good and bought it at very low price.
  6. Jul 17, 2015
    Already spent about 12 years but this game still manages to be one (of all wrestling games) that gives me more pleasure and nostalgia playing.THe incredibly long , but very cool to play, Season Mode contrasts with the dull General Manage Mode . The Exhibition mode is very simple: choose a wrestler and fight but becomes a lot of fun when played with a friend . The trips to places likeAlready spent about 12 years but this game still manages to be one (of all wrestling games) that gives me more pleasure and nostalgia playing.THe incredibly long , but very cool to play, Season Mode contrasts with the dull General Manage Mode . The Exhibition mode is very simple: choose a wrestler and fight but becomes a lot of fun when played with a friend . The trips to places like behind the scenes , the locker room and abroad and the utilization of virtually all materials that are at our disposal make this a fantastic game. Expand
  7. Sep 4, 2014
    Probably the best wrestling game ever.Hell, it aged so damn well. Great roster, exciting gameplay. Really an epic and also a revolutionary game at that time. There hasn't been any wrestling game since "Here Comes The Pain" that was better and more fun than that. A difficult wrestling game to top.
  8. Mar 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. still the best wwe game ever would like this to be recreated for latest consoles with moderrn graphics same here comes the pain roster with latest added members 2014 and same fast gameplay with latest updated moves for analog controls voice and commentary and entrance all updated wold be a dream game if that happens hope all agree and like it Expand
  9. Mar 24, 2014
    Still the best wrestling game ever created. The character creator & character customization modes are chock-full of content. There are so many battle modes to choose from, and the controls are impeccable, it blows my mind.
  10. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is the best wwe game.The game play 100%.The sound 100%.The music in the background is the best and way better than commentary.The sound is 100%.The only one thing bad about it and most users would have said it.There was no Jeff Hardy or Hulk Hogan.Most of the character overalls were not that good.The season mode was the best thing about it.The season mode was about 1 year longThis game is the best wwe game.The game play 100%.The sound 100%.The music in the background is the best and way better than commentary.The sound is 100%.The only one thing bad about it and most users would have said it.There was no Jeff Hardy or Hulk Hogan.Most of the character overalls were not that good.The season mode was the best thing about it.The season mode was about 1 year long and it was fun.You could make your own character and move-set.You could even play season mode with your character.The music made in this game was the best.Commentary is useless.In every wwe game they should make music.I really hope they make another game like this.
    Thanks
    Owaisqadri100
  11. Nov 13, 2013
    KYR was fun, JBI was good, SYM was great, but HCTP was and always will be the Greatest Smackdown! Game of all time. Everything was awesome in this game.
  12. Nov 13, 2013
    This was like three years of my life, no joke all I played in middle school was this Here comes the pain, Pokemon Gold and that s really it. WWE SmackDown Here comes the pain is the best!!!!! I really do think this is one my favorite games of all times list. Like I easily put in over one million hours into this game and I never knew the whole time I played this game that the wrestlersThis was like three years of my life, no joke all I played in middle school was this Here comes the pain, Pokemon Gold and that s really it. WWE SmackDown Here comes the pain is the best!!!!! I really do think this is one my favorite games of all times list. Like I easily put in over one million hours into this game and I never knew the whole time I played this game that the wrestlers where real people.....I'm not joking. The music was epic and to this day I still have the whole soundtrack memorized and I also still feel that this game has the best create a wrestler mode out of all other wrestling games I have played. The story mode is awesome but I have to admit after the first time you become the WWE Champion it isn't the same game. Your the best out of over fifty wrestlers and none of them can touch you. Another thing that kinda is broken about this game is that if you spend about fifty hours making a create a character with perfect skill points you can copy him and make a tag team that is perfect and can never lose. My one regret is that I never made my own WWE with perfect wrestlers and had them fight for my honor(that would of been so cool). I will never forget my hundred of hours that I spent hitting half naked dudes with metal chairs and sledgehammers. This is one of my fondest gaming memories and no game other than Pokemon Gold will ever be better. Expand
  13. Jun 19, 2013
    Without a doubt my favorite WWE game and i played a lot of WWE games across the ps2, ps3 and the psp. This had a big variety of characters a decent creator mode and a big variety of matches, we had even more possibilities of matches in this game than the latest ones (Fight in the back stages, in the car park, etc). I spent long hours playing this game with friends and my sister, this wasWithout a doubt my favorite WWE game and i played a lot of WWE games across the ps2, ps3 and the psp. This had a big variety of characters a decent creator mode and a big variety of matches, we had even more possibilities of matches in this game than the latest ones (Fight in the back stages, in the car park, etc). I spent long hours playing this game with friends and my sister, this was my second favorite ps2 game (first was GTA: SA). I laughed a lot with this game and will never forget it, and i still play it and enjoy it. Expand
  14. Jan 9, 2013
    CLASSIC i didnt get this game when i was young so i always saw videos and heard it was the best i thought it might not be ture bcuz i was obsesses with the first sd vs raw but this game is AMAZING great backstage areas, TIMES SQUARE and very addictve gameplay and a great roster overall this is the best wwe game ever!
  15. Jul 30, 2012
    This game maybe addictive but this game does have some flaws to.Like first of all the CAW part of it is only great if you wanna create an old school wrestler or a cartoon.i tryed creating CM PUNK and tyler black and it didn't work out for me.also the legends don't have there own music so....Your gonna have to go to moveset to get a theme that fits all of them.but all tho the game is a funThis game maybe addictive but this game does have some flaws to.Like first of all the CAW part of it is only great if you wanna create an old school wrestler or a cartoon.i tryed creating CM PUNK and tyler black and it didn't work out for me.also the legends don't have there own music so....Your gonna have to go to moveset to get a theme that fits all of them.but all tho the game is a fun and really good game.But it sucks how shut your mouth had commentary and this didn't.Like seriously! Come on THQ. Expand
  16. Aug 28, 2010
    Wow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary inWow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary in all the wrestling games is terrible and the games weakest point,but to this day I play it and love it the best of all my wresling games,I give it a 9.5 Expand
  17. BryanM.
    Jun 5, 2007
    This game rocks just by having Goldberg in it makes it a 8, but they could have done better in the season mode that is why it stays a 9 and not a 10.
  18. Blizzardbob
    May 15, 2006
    The best wrestling game ever!!!!!!
  19. BobD.
    Mar 28, 2006
    It should be on PC.
  20. ShaneM.
    Aug 9, 2005
    I think that out of the smack games i think that this one is the best. i think that the legened characterisc was the best they did to make the game good.
  21. ErikR.
    May 18, 2005
    I own every smackdown game and this is by far the best. better gameplay and smoother graphics. i recommend this game to anyone even if you dont like wrestling.
  22. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Awesome awesome awesome the best game i have. looks like the real smackdown and raw i,d reccomend this game 4 any1 who loves wrestling and luvz 2 snap people best game ive ever played.
  23. B.Rantala
    Aug 19, 2004
    Having played pretty much all the Smackdown games to come before, I can say with some confidence that in pure gameplay, this is the best. The fighting system is as good as anyone could really expect it to be and leads to matches that are as fun to watch as they are to play. HOWEVER-- 1) The new system where you must "level-up" a created wrestler to make him championship-quality needs Having played pretty much all the Smackdown games to come before, I can say with some confidence that in pure gameplay, this is the best. The fighting system is as good as anyone could really expect it to be and leads to matches that are as fun to watch as they are to play. HOWEVER-- 1) The new system where you must "level-up" a created wrestler to make him championship-quality needs tweaking. Players determined enough to fight all the way to the heavyweight title will have to endure many unavoidable beatdowns on their character along the way--there's no way a brand new character, or even a mildly experienced character, can face the likes of Triple H or Brock Lesnar in this game and hope to survive. It would be nice to at least have a chance in these situations--the way they've done it, it's just frustrating. 2) The music is utterly horrible, especially when you are trying to build your own wrestler. 3) Any sort of entrances for the "Wrestling Legends" are not included. This is annoying, being that it takes many hours of play to unlock them and a player should get what he earned. Expand
  24. Batman
    Jul 13, 2004
    This is the best wrestling game...the only problems are...you can't hit people when they are doing submissions and you have to do season mode for like 4 years before u can max out a created character...and the create a wrestler mode isnt as cool as wrestlemania xix...
  25. HeshtHardy
    Jul 5, 2004
    This game is really addictive but the only good legend is the old school Undertaker.
  26. EvanM.
    Jun 23, 2004
    This game is incredible. Best WWE game out there. Good graphics, the smackdown dollars are cool, and the grappling system is awesome.The legends are cool except that they don't have they're theme songs. HBK, Goldberg, Edge, Eddie Guerrero...you guys rule. This is a MUST HAVE for ps2
  27. BenS.
    Jun 23, 2004
    This game is one of the best games i ever had.
  28. ShelbyA.
    May 9, 2004
    It is really cool! The only problem I have with it is that I dont know how to use the people I create! But, other then that the game is great! If anyone knows how to use the people they create please e-mail me at rubberducky022792@hotmail.com.
  29. [Anonoymous]
    May 4, 2004
    Great.
  30. Ratm818
    Apr 15, 2004
    Great game, but i think they should have done more work on the legends. I think they should have there own songs. I also think they should have included people like x-pock and mick folly. SUCK IT!!!!!!

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

One of the best wrestling games we've ever played...With its ultra-improved gameplay mechanics, enhanced visual engine, smarter career mode, and established create-a-character feature, Yukes and THQ are definitely the track to success.
    How about a Bra & Panties mode where WWE Divas rip off each other’s clothes? It’s the raunchiest Teen-rated action you’ll find anywhere.
  3. PSM Magazine
    An absolutely awesome wrestling experience...Thanks to features like improved graphics, more match types, and an overhauled grappling system, it's definitely the most realistic and rewarding WWE game on the market. [Dec 2003, p.56]