8.9

1. May 25, 2016
    WWE SmackDown Here Comes the Pain is the best wrestling game on PS2, not to mention WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2011 . Not really good graphics, but many different wrestlers and one ofthe best gameplay in WWF/WWE Series . This is first WWE Games (WWF not to mention) . On Cover for this game Brock Lesnar . Amazing wrestling game .
  2. Aug 28, 2010
    Wow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary inWow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary in all the wrestling games is terrible and the games weakest point,but to this day I play it and love it the best of all my wresling games,I give it a 9.5 Expand
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    Without a doubt my favorite WWE game and i played a lot of WWE games across the ps2, ps3 and the psp. This had a big variety of characters a decent creator mode and a big variety of matches, we had even more possibilities of matches in this game than the latest ones (Fight in the back stages, in the car park, etc). I spent long hours playing this game with friends and my sister, this wasWithout a doubt my favorite WWE game and i played a lot of WWE games across the ps2, ps3 and the psp. This had a big variety of characters a decent creator mode and a big variety of matches, we had even more possibilities of matches in this game than the latest ones (Fight in the back stages, in the car park, etc). I spent long hours playing this game with friends and my sister, this was my second favorite ps2 game (first was GTA: SA). I laughed a lot with this game and will never forget it, and i still play it and enjoy it. Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2014
    Still the best wrestling game ever created. The character creator & character customization modes are chock-full of content. There are so many battle modes to choose from, and the controls are impeccable, it blows my mind.
  5. Nov 13, 2013
    This was like three years of my life, no joke all I played in middle school was this Here comes the pain, Pokemon Gold and that s really it. WWE SmackDown Here comes the pain is the best!!!!! I really do think this is one my favorite games of all times list. Like I easily put in over one million hours into this game and I never knew the whole time I played this game that the wrestlersThis was like three years of my life, no joke all I played in middle school was this Here comes the pain, Pokemon Gold and that s really it. WWE SmackDown Here comes the pain is the best!!!!! I really do think this is one my favorite games of all times list. Like I easily put in over one million hours into this game and I never knew the whole time I played this game that the wrestlers where real people.....I'm not joking. The music was epic and to this day I still have the whole soundtrack memorized and I also still feel that this game has the best create a wrestler mode out of all other wrestling games I have played. The story mode is awesome but I have to admit after the first time you become the WWE Champion it isn't the same game. Your the best out of over fifty wrestlers and none of them can touch you. Another thing that kinda is broken about this game is that if you spend about fifty hours making a create a character with perfect skill points you can copy him and make a tag team that is perfect and can never lose. My one regret is that I never made my own WWE with perfect wrestlers and had them fight for my honor(that would of been so cool). I will never forget my hundred of hours that I spent hitting half naked dudes with metal chairs and sledgehammers. This is one of my fondest gaming memories and no game other than Pokemon Gold will ever be better. Expand
  6. Jul 17, 2015
    Already spent about 12 years but this game still manages to be one (of all wrestling games) that gives me more pleasure and nostalgia playing.THe incredibly long , but very cool to play, Season Mode contrasts with the dull General Manage Mode . The Exhibition mode is very simple: choose a wrestler and fight but becomes a lot of fun when played with a friend . The trips to places likeAlready spent about 12 years but this game still manages to be one (of all wrestling games) that gives me more pleasure and nostalgia playing.THe incredibly long , but very cool to play, Season Mode contrasts with the dull General Manage Mode . The Exhibition mode is very simple: choose a wrestler and fight but becomes a lot of fun when played with a friend . The trips to places like behind the scenes , the locker room and abroad and the utilization of virtually all materials that are at our disposal make this a fantastic game. Expand
  7. Jan 1, 2016
    BEST WRESTLING GAME EVER!! not joking its better than any 2k 15,16 i still play it with it on party,s and its amazing.its felling nostalgic.its good and bought it at very low price.
  8. Sep 4, 2014
    Probably the best wrestling game ever.Hell, it aged so damn well. Great roster, exciting gameplay. Really an epic and also a revolutionary game at that time. There hasn't been any wrestling game since "Here Comes The Pain" that was better and more fun than that. A difficult wrestling game to top.
  9. Jan 9, 2013
    CLASSIC i didnt get this game when i was young so i always saw videos and heard it was the best i thought it might not be ture bcuz i was obsesses with the first sd vs raw but this game is AMAZING great backstage areas, TIMES SQUARE and very addictve gameplay and a great roster overall this is the best wwe game ever!
  10. Nov 13, 2013
    KYR was fun, JBI was good, SYM was great, but HCTP was and always will be the Greatest Smackdown! Game of all time. Everything was awesome in this game.
  11. Jul 30, 2012
    This game maybe addictive but this game does have some flaws to.Like first of all the CAW part of it is only great if you wanna create an old school wrestler or a cartoon.i tryed creating CM PUNK and tyler black and it didn't work out for me.also the legends don't have there own music so....Your gonna have to go to moveset to get a theme that fits all of them.but all tho the game is a funThis game maybe addictive but this game does have some flaws to.Like first of all the CAW part of it is only great if you wanna create an old school wrestler or a cartoon.i tryed creating CM PUNK and tyler black and it didn't work out for me.also the legends don't have there own music so....Your gonna have to go to moveset to get a theme that fits all of them.but all tho the game is a fun and really good game.But it sucks how shut your mouth had commentary and this didn't.Like seriously! Come on THQ. Expand
  12. May 5, 2016
    All hail Season Mode, the ONE thing that made wrestling games GOOD and
    amplified an endless amount of replay value.
    Furthermore, if you're a huge fan of the Brand Extension, RAW and SmackDown!, and the Ruthless Aggression Era (like myself), especially during its early start of 2002-03? Then this is by far the most enjoyable wrestling game that you will ever come by. With the
    All hail Season Mode, the ONE thing that made wrestling games GOOD and
    amplified an endless amount of replay value.

Furthermore, if you're a huge fan of the Brand Extension, RAW and

With the biggest roster in WWE's history, emerging superstars were the
    likes of Attitude Era stars, e.g. Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock,
    Triple H and The Undertaker. WCW stars, e.g. Booker T, Kevin Nash,
    Scott Steiner and Goldberg. As well as fresh new talents who would go
    on to become some of the greatest superstars, e.g. Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Randy Orton and Batista.

And not counting out its predecessor, Shut Your Mouth. But Here Comes
    the Pain improved massively on its gameplay.
  13. Jan 23, 2016
    We have now 2016-and this games is even now in best 3 wrestling games ever!!!Cool unique modes,best rooster and great atmosphere!!!Great sound,matches,rooster, and modes!!You can have realistic matches or unrealistic matche for example in the middle of the street.
  14. PillsburyDboy
    Mar 18, 2004
    The best game ever.
  15. SaqibA.
    Nov 7, 2003
    Cool good graphics.
  16. AllenK.
    Dec 21, 2003
    I am the rocks # 1 fan, and this game is the best AND THE ROCK MEANS THE BEST game ever.
  17. KiyoungS.
    Jan 10, 2004
    The worst part about this game is the announcers. It's so boring with no sounds. Also if you beat season mode 1 time the rest will be the same. But, i'm a #1 wrestling fan, so I quite like the game. Oh, and quite a number of wrestlers are missing, especially they should have had Mark Henry or Maven.
  18. [Anonoymous]
    May 4, 2004
    Great.
  19. HeshtHardy
    Jul 5, 2004
    This game is really addictive but the only good legend is the old school Undertaker.
  20. MatthewK.
    Nov 11, 2003
    The best graphics of any wrestling game i've ever played!
  21. JohnM.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Shut your mouth might have been great but here comes the pain is much much more better you have got the likes of elimination chamber bra and panties and first blood also new wrestlers like scott steiner rey mysterio goldberg and many more and the and the best bits of all is chris jerichos highnight reel evolution and kane unmasked one more thing to say if anyone doesn't know what toShut your mouth might have been great but here comes the pain is much much more better you have got the likes of elimination chamber bra and panties and first blood also new wrestlers like scott steiner rey mysterio goldberg and many more and the and the best bits of all is chris jerichos highnight reel evolution and kane unmasked one more thing to say if anyone doesn't know what to get for christmas this is the game for you. Expand
  22. RobertR
    Nov 6, 2003
    It kicks a$$ but needs more like everybuddy thats in the wwe.
  23. HeribertoS.
    Oct 22, 2003
    This sh.t is hot as hell.
  24. PatS.
    Oct 20, 2003
    This game is the best game so far, with the newest characters. The INjury report in the top of the screen gives the players a good idea of were to work on.
  25. StepIn
    Oct 9, 2003
    It is going to be the best game this year. Nothing will amount to it. all sexy ladies heyyyyy.
  26. KennyH.
    Jan 6, 2004
    This is definetely THE best wrestling game ever. *Bra and Panties matches!* There's a great create a wrestler thing in it. And it's not frustrating like ECW Hardcore Revolution.(The worst wrestling game ever) Just a flat out great game.
  27. PeterL.
    Feb 7, 2004
    This is one of the most addicting games for anyone to play. You'll literally spend hours on the game.
  28. PeterG.
    Mar 2, 2004
    This game is the best wrestling game ever in terms of gameplay and graphics. However I feel there are things missing that could have made the game even better. I think there should be more matches at PPVs, I think there should more wrestlers (such as APA), I think storymode should be longer, I they should bring back create a PPV, AND also I think they should pay more attention on the This game is the best wrestling game ever in terms of gameplay and graphics. However I feel there are things missing that could have made the game even better. I think there should be more matches at PPVs, I think there should more wrestlers (such as APA), I think storymode should be longer, I they should bring back create a PPV, AND also I think they should pay more attention on the wrestlers enterance. Other than that I think the game is the TITS. Expand
  29. GaryM.
    Mar 23, 2004
    The only thing bad about this game is u cant brake moves or sumbissions. but the season made is krazy it like real life. its very easy and the finishing moves in this game are incredable. my favorite thing about this game is the running specails rynho and test so easy to do running specails but the other thing about this game is it takes about 5 stunners to take brock lesner down.
    Mar 8, 2004
    Easily the best game in the series. The ultimate game for wrestling fans everywhere.

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

One of the best wrestling games we've ever played...With its ultra-improved gameplay mechanics, enhanced visual engine, smarter career mode, and established create-a-character feature, Yukes and THQ are definitely the track to success.
    How about a Bra & Panties mode where WWE Divas rip off each other’s clothes? It’s the raunchiest Teen-rated action you’ll find anywhere.
  3. PSM Magazine
    An absolutely awesome wrestling experience...Thanks to features like improved graphics, more match types, and an overhauled grappling system, it's definitely the most realistic and rewarding WWE game on the market. [Dec 2003, p.56]