8.9

1. Aug 28, 2010
    Wow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary inWow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary in all the wrestling games is terrible and the games weakest point,but to this day I play it and love it the best of all my wresling games,I give it a 9.5 Expand
  2. BobD.
    Mar 28, 2006
    It should be on PC.
  3. Nov 13, 2013
    This was like three years of my life, no joke all I played in middle school was this Here comes the pain, Pokemon Gold and that s really it. WWE SmackDown Here comes the pain is the best!!!!! I really do think this is one my favorite games of all times list. Like I easily put in over one million hours into this game and I never knew the whole time I played this game that the wrestlersThis was like three years of my life, no joke all I played in middle school was this Here comes the pain, Pokemon Gold and that s really it. WWE SmackDown Here comes the pain is the best!!!!! I really do think this is one my favorite games of all times list. Like I easily put in over one million hours into this game and I never knew the whole time I played this game that the wrestlers where real people.....I'm not joking. The music was epic and to this day I still have the whole soundtrack memorized and I also still feel that this game has the best create a wrestler mode out of all other wrestling games I have played. The story mode is awesome but I have to admit after the first time you become the WWE Champion it isn't the same game. Your the best out of over fifty wrestlers and none of them can touch you. Another thing that kinda is broken about this game is that if you spend about fifty hours making a create a character with perfect skill points you can copy him and make a tag team that is perfect and can never lose. My one regret is that I never made my own WWE with perfect wrestlers and had them fight for my honor(that would of been so cool). I will never forget my hundred of hours that I spent hitting half naked dudes with metal chairs and sledgehammers. This is one of my fondest gaming memories and no game other than Pokemon Gold will ever be better. Expand
  4. PillsburyDboy
    Mar 18, 2004
    The best game ever.
  5. SaqibA.
    Nov 7, 2003
    Cool good graphics.
  6. AllenK.
    Dec 21, 2003
    I am the rocks # 1 fan, and this game is the best AND THE ROCK MEANS THE BEST game ever.
  7. KiyoungS.
    Jan 10, 2004
    The worst part about this game is the announcers. It's so boring with no sounds. Also if you beat season mode 1 time the rest will be the same. But, i'm a #1 wrestling fan, so I quite like the game. Oh, and quite a number of wrestlers are missing, especially they should have had Mark Henry or Maven.
  8. [Anonoymous]
    May 4, 2004
    Great.
  9. HeshtHardy
    Jul 5, 2004
    This game is really addictive but the only good legend is the old school Undertaker.
  10. MatthewK.
    Nov 11, 2003
    The best graphics of any wrestling game i've ever played!
  11. JohnM.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Shut your mouth might have been great but here comes the pain is much much more better you have got the likes of elimination chamber bra and panties and first blood also new wrestlers like scott steiner rey mysterio goldberg and many more and the and the best bits of all is chris jerichos highnight reel evolution and kane unmasked one more thing to say if anyone doesn't know what toShut your mouth might have been great but here comes the pain is much much more better you have got the likes of elimination chamber bra and panties and first blood also new wrestlers like scott steiner rey mysterio goldberg and many more and the and the best bits of all is chris jerichos highnight reel evolution and kane unmasked one more thing to say if anyone doesn't know what to get for christmas this is the game for you. Expand
  12. RobertR
    Nov 6, 2003
    It kicks a$$ but needs more like everybuddy thats in the wwe.
  13. HeribertoS.
    Oct 22, 2003
    This sh.t is hot as hell.
  14. PatS.
    Oct 20, 2003
    This game is the best game so far, with the newest characters. The INjury report in the top of the screen gives the players a good idea of were to work on.
  15. StepIn
    Oct 9, 2003
    It is going to be the best game this year. Nothing will amount to it. all sexy ladies heyyyyy.
  16. KennyH.
    Jan 6, 2004
    This is definetely THE best wrestling game ever. *Bra and Panties matches!* There's a great create a wrestler thing in it. And it's not frustrating like ECW Hardcore Revolution.(The worst wrestling game ever) Just a flat out great game.
  17. PeterL.
    Feb 7, 2004
    This is one of the most addicting games for anyone to play. You'll literally spend hours on the game.
  18. PeterG.
    Mar 2, 2004
    This game is the best wrestling game ever in terms of gameplay and graphics. However I feel there are things missing that could have made the game even better. I think there should be more matches at PPVs, I think there should more wrestlers (such as APA), I think storymode should be longer, I they should bring back create a PPV, AND also I think they should pay more attention on the This game is the best wrestling game ever in terms of gameplay and graphics. However I feel there are things missing that could have made the game even better. I think there should be more matches at PPVs, I think there should more wrestlers (such as APA), I think storymode should be longer, I they should bring back create a PPV, AND also I think they should pay more attention on the wrestlers enterance. Other than that I think the game is the TITS. Expand
  19. GaryM.
    Mar 23, 2004
    The only thing bad about this game is u cant brake moves or sumbissions. but the season made is krazy it like real life. its very easy and the finishing moves in this game are incredable. my favorite thing about this game is the running specails rynho and test so easy to do running specails but the other thing about this game is it takes about 5 stunners to take brock lesner down.
    Mar 8, 2004
    Easily the best game in the series. The ultimate game for wrestling fans everywhere.
  21. ShelbyA.
    May 9, 2004
    It is really cool! The only problem I have with it is that I dont know how to use the people I create! But, other then that the game is great! If anyone knows how to use the people they create please e-mail me at rubberducky022792@hotmail.com.
  22. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Awesome awesome awesome the best game i have. looks like the real smackdown and raw i,d reccomend this game 4 any1 who loves wrestling and luvz 2 snap people best game ive ever played.
  23. ShaneM.
    Aug 9, 2005
    I think that out of the smack games i think that this one is the best. i think that the legened characterisc was the best they did to make the game good.
  24. Blizzardbob
    May 15, 2006
    The best wrestling game ever!!!!!!
  25. BryanM.
    Jun 5, 2007
    This game rocks just by having Goldberg in it makes it a 8, but they could have done better in the season mode that is why it stays a 9 and not a 10.
  26. JoshT.
    Nov 11, 2003
    This game rocks the world cos that's the bottom line.
  27. CarokA.
    Nov 18, 2003
    This game rocks! elemination chamber is the best!bra and panty match oooooo ya!
  28. Ray
    Nov 21, 2003
    God, look at all these 10's. Well here's another too. This is the best wrestling game out now over Raw 2 and WMXIX PERIOD. Nevermind these other peoples review who rate it a 7 or less they dont know sh.t about a good game it kicks ass.
  29. SiuolG.
    Nov 23, 2003
    This game is just too great...ooh...too hot...!
  30. ZacharyW.
    Nov 26, 2003
    The best graphics ever for a smackdown game.

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

One of the best wrestling games we've ever played...With its ultra-improved gameplay mechanics, enhanced visual engine, smarter career mode, and established create-a-character feature, Yukes and THQ are definitely the track to success.
    How about a Bra & Panties mode where WWE Divas rip off each other’s clothes? It’s the raunchiest Teen-rated action you’ll find anywhere.
  3. PSM Magazine
    An absolutely awesome wrestling experience...Thanks to features like improved graphics, more match types, and an overhauled grappling system, it's definitely the most realistic and rewarding WWE game on the market. [Dec 2003, p.56]