• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 31, 2002
8.6

1. Nick
    Oct 3, 2003
    The BEST wrestling game ever good job THQ And those who think wrestling is fake they dont know sh*t! Dudes the NFL is fake not WWE!
  2. DaleB.
    Dec 8, 2002
    this is an awesome game i haven't played it yet but by the commercial it looks like the best one out of the total package!
  3. HussainJ.
    Oct 30, 2003
    I just want to say i love the game.
  4. SandyC.
    Feb 28, 2003
    Is so kool.
  5. KarlP.
    Dec 17, 2002
    Amazin game beter than smackdown 3 by a long shot. (phil)
  6. MikeF.
    Mar 24, 2003
    Perfect 10.
  7. JohnK.
    Apr 10, 2003
    Great game, vince sucks in this game.
  8. Taker12
    Jul 6, 2003
    This is a f***in awsome game.
  9. BrianC.
    Jan 4, 2004
    It waz off the hook and better than the first 4 keep it up.
  10. MattD.
    Nov 22, 2002
    Although this game does have its minor hang-ups its still my favourite game released this year along with MOH:Frontline. graphics vastly improved and incredibly replayable. although season mode only lasts two years it still works out at over 120 events (Raw, Smackdown Pay per Views) every time you play in season mode. CAW has been improved greatly. you can choose whether you want the Although this game does have its minor hang-ups its still my favourite game released this year along with MOH:Frontline. graphics vastly improved and incredibly replayable. although season mode only lasts two years it still works out at over 120 events (Raw, Smackdown Pay per Views) every time you play in season mode. CAW has been improved greatly. you can choose whether you want the crowd to love you or hate you depending on what decisions you make during season mode. And finally the inclusion of voodo child for hogans entrance tops the game off very nicely. If your a Wrestlin fan YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME!!! If you're a wrestlin fan but have say an X-Box sell it, buy a PS2 AND GET THIS GAME. cheers! Matt Expand
  11. ErnieA.
    Nov 22, 2002
    This is the best smck down game ever created! if you like wreseling you will enjoy this game. it has one of the best graphics, and it has almost everyone!
  12. MarcusC.
    Dec 16, 2002
    The best game there is there was and there ever will be.
  13. FudgeH.
    Dec 27, 2002
    This game is a true hoot that every wrestling fan should own. I for one am buying 4 copies just in case the other 3 break. ;) -Fudgy
  14. JoshuaB.
    Jun 28, 2003
    I know I don't have this Game but Iknow its very cool Because it has brockAnd Stone Cold it better than WWF Smackdown 2 on Play Station 1.
  15. DevonC.
    Jul 14, 2004
    This is the coolest and for the guy who gave it a 0 he is WRONG!!!!!!
  16. AnonymousMC
    Jan 8, 2003
    This game is pretty damn sweet! I played it for like half an hour and was like playing SD1 for the first time! It feels different and is harder than the previous installments. But I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm just glad I picked this game up! If you are a Smackdown fan go get this game now!
  17. EvanM.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Why is Rico a character? Where in this game is the blood. Other than that this game is a cool game. nWo, you are the best. Continue to make good Smackdown! games.
  18. RyanB.
    Mar 14, 2003
    SMACKDOWN! better than ever.
  19. Jun 8, 2016
    Another one of my childhood favourites. I remember this having one of the better storyline combinations than its predecessors and the gameplay was funny and entertaining. Loved playing outside of the arena and Hell In A Cell matches. Okay, graphics wise it wasn't awesome but it was made ages ago so you need to take that into account. Great game.
  20. Mar 29, 2017
    This game was just quality when it first released. This was a must buy for all wrestling fans. They even added in the at the time draft lotto into the game so you could draft your own rosters for Raw and Smackdown. Quality game for the time.
  21. JasonF.
    Jan 4, 2003
    This game is great, but no rey mysterio, 3 minute warning, eric bishoff, paul heyman, team angle 2 beat the crap out of, no scott steiner, scott hall, bill demott, dawn marie, or al wilson to run into in the hall. no velocity arena.a game that would be cool is the won that has confidential.hulk hogan doesnt rip his shirt, stone cold doesnt drink beer,and there should be talking and notThis game is great, but no rey mysterio, 3 minute warning, eric bishoff, paul heyman, team angle 2 beat the crap out of, no scott steiner, scott hall, bill demott, dawn marie, or al wilson to run into in the hall. no velocity arena.a game that would be cool is the won that has confidential.hulk hogan doesnt rip his shirt, stone cold doesnt drink beer,and there should be talking and not words. besides that this game is the best i've played!!!!!!!!! Expand
  22. AndrewA.
    Aug 9, 2005
    I agree with one person is that you can`t get weapons when in the other games you can.
  23. Gilbert"Hulk"Mulroneycakes
    Dec 2, 2002
    Title confirms my suspicion that all pro-wrestlers are efeminate and sterotype-camp underneath. Looking forward to WWE - Smackdown: "Oo, You Bitch" and WWE - Smackdown: "I'll Scratch Your Eyes Out, Sister". It's a good game, as well - best wrestling game for a while.
  24. DarthG.
    Nov 14, 2002
    It loses a point for not having a Women's Belt and Women't eligibility for Season Mode, and another point for not having Superstar's face and body parts in the Create a Wrestler mode... but other than those nitpicky things, this is a VAST improvement of "Just Bring It"...
  25. Dec 30, 2012
    A solid WWE game that covers an interesting time period for the sport. A good roster and solid gameplay...well worth the price used today. SYM is leagues better than current gen WWE offerings.
  26. EhsanF.
    Aug 1, 2004
    I gave this game a 7. Thats becouse: u cannt get any wepons from the audience for example:chairs, baseball bats these stuff. i think its ok that theirs no blood. but it could have better graphics i must say!
  27. RJblake
    Sep 7, 2003
    thq should of made it easier to win the extra stuff and shuld of gave mare wrestlers like scott stiener and the one leged wrestler. i hope they come out with a nother smackdown may be i can rate that on a 10.
  28. MatiasP.
    May 8, 2003
    The Worst game ever. This is the Truth.

#20 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#42 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. While SmackDown is still quite a long way from matching the visual peaks reached by other highly popular fighting series (Tekken, DOA, Soul Blade…), there have been massive strides in the right direction with this fourth instalment from the THQ/Yule team.
  2. The greatest next-generation wrestling game on the market and completely makes up for the control issues that THQ foisted upon us last year in "Just Bring It."
  3. The best PS2 wrestler there is, largely thanks to Yuke’s success in mimicking the cheese that oozes from every pore of the WWE.