WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2006 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 14, 2005
8.3

1. EdT.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Every couple of years we get a wrestling title that's so fun that you wanna keep it as part of your collection rather than trade it after a year. Smackdown vs. Raw 06 is the most fun since Smackdown:"here comes the pain".
  2. JamesC.
    Jan 26, 2006
    this is the best wrestling game ever made it has the more realism to the real thing thats why i gave it the 10 rating coz its just the best.
  3. JohnC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    not bad at all. the 2nd best WWE game for the ps2 next to here comes the pain. the new GM mode is just so cool. and with the spinning belt and every thing alse it is just that good. this is what a wwe should be. and you can actually go for the tag team titles unlike in SvsRaw. so yea that is way cool the champ is here!
  4. JevanieM.
    Jul 10, 2007
    I gave it a 10 because this game is very addicting.some people may not like this game because it's a complecated game and they may not know what to do in some of the matches but non of them is impossible.the general mode is awesome because you could feel like a real general manager by putting people together in matches.and you also get stars in general manager mode.
  5. SumDood
    Nov 21, 2005
    This game is pretty freeakin sweet man i love the story line alot. Only improvemnts needed are a more realistic storyline. I mean Triple H aint tha nice!
  6. L.Smith
    Dec 12, 2005
    this game is cool but the limitations on music 4 create a playa bites.
  7. TonyB.
    Jan 30, 2006
    this is a good wrestling title, still not as good as the n64 wrestling games but good. I havent been watching wrestling for a while so i had no idea who the majority of the wrestler were which sucked the only other draw back about this game is for some reason i could not tip the ladder over during ladder matches is there a possible way or what.
  8. AnonymousMC
    Feb 25, 2006
    it is a good game over all, the creation mode i hard to get the right numbers because it moves to quick.
    The season mode got a bit boring after a while.
    GM mode is great. the new matches are great the best is the buried alive match.graphics is excellent and the new create a entrance is excellent
  9. ChrisM.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Overall I think they did fairly well on this game. One major flaw i saw was in the fight clean/dirty feature. It's a good concept, but doesn't always work. For example, a clean(fan favorite) superstar loses momentum for doing things such as removing a turnbuckle pad or using a weapon. But what about fan favorites such as Sabu or Rob Van Dam who are hardcore wrestlers who Overall I think they did fairly well on this game. One major flaw i saw was in the fight clean/dirty feature. It's a good concept, but doesn't always work. For example, a clean(fan favorite) superstar loses momentum for doing things such as removing a turnbuckle pad or using a weapon. But what about fan favorites such as Sabu or Rob Van Dam who are hardcore wrestlers who constantly use weapons? Expand
  10. RenishH.
    Dec 10, 2005
    This game is so good! I started playing it so much the day I bought it. They could've improved the roster a bit and the storyline is really really awesome. I wish they put in a few more cool match types whent the next Smackdown series is out. This game beats WWE Smackdown vs. Raw and beats all other wrestling games. PS2 Rules!
  11. KieranJ.
    Dec 4, 2005
    I think SD vs. RAW 2006 is the best game that has ever been brought to PS2...
  12. Apr 24, 2011
    Pros: Excellent graphics and controls; stellar single player and multi-player mode; variety of superstars and matches. Cons: Quirky online play with no voice chat; some of the matches are dull.
  13. Jul 29, 2011
    My first and probably the only one I really enjoyed so far, maybe the reason I didn't liked the (repetition, man how many are ) other WWe S vs R games was because it was the same and lack of new ideas. Sometimes good stuff don't last to much
  14. Jan 14, 2013
    the second best wwe gaem it is very fun great roster, season mode, good graphics for ps2 great game modes introduced buried alive and your characters finally talk it is a good game the best SVR game of all time
  15. Oct 26, 2013
    This is the WWE game that finally fells like your actually playing a WWE game. The superstar roster seems to be very balanced, but I hate some of the ways you have to unlock superstar legends.
  16. Mar 30, 2014
    This is so far the best WWE game I have ever played. The graphics were great, the controls were good, there are so many different kinds of matches and options and in this game if you are playing as a male super star you don't get f**king disqualified for hitting a diva during a match unlike some of the other WWE games these days (eg WWE 2010 and 2011) . This is the best WWE game to meThis is so far the best WWE game I have ever played. The graphics were great, the controls were good, there are so many different kinds of matches and options and in this game if you are playing as a male super star you don't get f**king disqualified for hitting a diva during a match unlike some of the other WWE games these days (eg WWE 2010 and 2011) . This is the best WWE game to me so far because I haven't played WWE 2K14 yet. Expand

#36 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#9 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

While I'll be the first to admit that the series could still work on its list of recurring problems, there's no other wrestling game since "No Mercy" that offers this much replay, value, or depth.
    Hardcore wrestling fans will find the deepest reservoir of variety ever available, and may even forgive the feeble fighting system long enough to enjoy some theatrics.
  3. Those who bought last year's game might find themselves disappointed by the lack of genuine innovation and new thrills. It's still a truly amazing game, but one that's in need of a freshening up and a different slant before they chuck out next year's version. [PSW]