• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2005
8.3

1. Jul 29, 2011
    My first and probably the only one I really enjoyed so far, maybe the reason I didn't liked the (repetition, man how many are ) other WWe S vs R games was because it was the same and lack of new ideas. Sometimes good stuff don't last to much
  2. Apr 24, 2011
    Pros: Excellent graphics and controls; stellar single player and multi-player mode; variety of superstars and matches. Cons: Quirky online play with no voice chat; some of the matches are dull.
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    This is the WWE game that finally fells like your actually playing a WWE game. The superstar roster seems to be very balanced, but I hate some of the ways you have to unlock superstar legends.
  4. Jan 14, 2013
    the second best wwe gaem it is very fun great roster, season mode, good graphics for ps2 great game modes introduced buried alive and your characters finally talk it is a good game the best SVR game of all time
  5. Mar 30, 2014
    This is so far the best WWE game I have ever played. The graphics were great, the controls were good, there are so many different kinds of matches and options and in this game if you are playing as a male super star you don't get f**king disqualified for hitting a diva during a match unlike some of the other WWE games these days (eg WWE 2010 and 2011) . This is the best WWE game to me so far because I haven't played WWE 2K14 yet. Expand

While I'll be the first to admit that the series could still work on its list of recurring problems, there's no other wrestling game since "No Mercy" that offers this much replay, value, or depth.
    Hardcore wrestling fans will find the deepest reservoir of variety ever available, and may even forgive the feeble fighting system long enough to enjoy some theatrics.
  3. Those who bought last year's game might find themselves disappointed by the lack of genuine innovation and new thrills. It's still a truly amazing game, but one that's in need of a freshening up and a different slant before they chuck out next year's version. [PSW]