• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2001
6.8

1. BryanM.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Not even good. you can only pick one title to go after that the seasons is done. they only made this game so they could make some $$$. don't buy this game i would't take this game if someone gave me $5 maybe $30 but not 5.
  2. RamiW.
    May 15, 2006
    Since its the first on the PS2 its really not that bad for a start.
  3. JohnT.
    Jul 7, 2004
    The season really sucks...even smackdown one season is better than smackdown jbi. After winning the title, the season is bloody over and where is the Royal Rumble season?, I was waiting for that, now I have to play the royal rumble on the exibition mode...really sucks...I'm moving to RAW..., you winners stay here on smackdown...
  4. Twoboz
    Jul 22, 2002
    This game's season mode needs improvement.
  5. BogMan
    Jul 17, 2002
    An improvement except in the career mode, it blows. It's too repetitive in what happens.
  6. EoinO.L.
    Jul 15, 2002
    After the moderately entertaining SmackDown 2, this game is unforgiveably bad.
  7. Kevin
    Jun 16, 2002
    Simply the best game ever. I am buying a ps2 this summer but I have rented one twice and wwf smackdown jbi and it rocks. the first game i'm getting!
  8. Rikku
    Jun 13, 2002
    Overall good game. I didn't like the commentary, they sounded like robots. And they really needed to update the wrestlers outfits.
  9. F.Retes
    Jun 8, 2002
    Best!
  10. EdW.
    May 2, 2002
    Average in every way, those who think better r dumber than the wrestlers themselves.
  11. C.Morrow
    Mar 27, 2002
    This game has everything a wrestling fan would like.... BUt the only down flaw is that it does not have any blood. Other than that it is by far the best wrestilng game I have played.
  12. PhilW.
    Mar 5, 2002
    It's a great multiplayer game, no bones about it. It the best thing in the world to put your mate through the top of a steel cell! However lets not be blind to the bad points. 1 player mode is absolute cack. Why did they not put any effort into it. It is kinda samey to Smackdown 2. Where's RVD? In conclusion, great with your mates, not a game for a lonely night in.
  13. NeB=)
    Feb 8, 2002
    This game is so much fun, the graphics are great, the game play is pretty fast and is fun, but the roster is out of date, the physics suck and the story sucks (too shallow), overall it's lots of fun (excellent for parties and 4 having friends over) but this would be better named Smack Down 2.5 rather than 3.
  14. Kain
    Feb 8, 2002
    All it needs is the career mode, and it'd be better than its predecessors and rivals put together.
  15. DanP.
    Feb 4, 2002
    This game looks great. The wrestler entrance scenes are great and the controls are o.k but the gameplay is very poor. Once you have unlocked the hidden items the game loses its charm very quickly. The season mode in smackdown 2 is better than the story mode in this game, and THQ sold the game on the merit that the story mode was the best ever. Well sorry guys but you will have to try This game looks great. The wrestler entrance scenes are great and the controls are o.k but the gameplay is very poor. Once you have unlocked the hidden items the game loses its charm very quickly. The season mode in smackdown 2 is better than the story mode in this game, and THQ sold the game on the merit that the story mode was the best ever. Well sorry guys but you will have to try again because it is lame at best. Expand
  16. C.Nelson
    Feb 3, 2002
    A step down from smackdown 2 in every way except graphically.
  17. KeithS.
    Jan 17, 2002
    Game play, graphics and sound are fine. Story mode needs to be expanded. It would also be nice to hear the Rock and the rest speak for themselves.
  18. BynonW.
    Jan 13, 2002
    This game is awesome the inferno match is so realistic it's heartstopping when someone gets burned.
  19. Superfly
    Jan 9, 2002
    Amazin!!!
  20. TaylorN.
    Jan 2, 2002
    It's an ok game, but I've had a lot of memory problems. It also has a horrible story mode. I went back to playing Smackdown 2. So stick with Smackdown 2 if you have it.
  21. WrestlingFan
    Dec 30, 2001
    This game is out of this world! A really brilliant game that just can't be missed.
  22. MarshalM.
    Dec 23, 2001
    It is exactly like Smackdown 2 which really sucked...don't even bother with this game.
  23. JohnB.
    Nov 27, 2001
    This is the best wrestling game I have ever played.
  24. RobbieS.
    Nov 26, 2001
    The best of the best.
  25. TahaK.
    Nov 21, 2001
    Here is what I gave it briefly: Gameplay: 10 Graphics: 7 Sound: 8 lasting appeal: 7.
  26. AlfonsoR.
    Nov 20, 2001
    A must for any wrestler fan.

1. Sets a standard all subsequent wrestling game will have to meet.
  2. It can be amazingly fun at times, and the production value, laden with WWF panache, is top-notch.
    An excellent wrestling game offering enhanced creation tools, excellent graphics, fast paced action and a ton of new (and old) gameplay modes.