7.3

1. Jun 8, 2013
    If you are a fan of the original X-men Arcade game or of Gauntlet Legends style beatem-ups you will absolutely love this game. I'm only wondering why a couple vanilla RPG fans came here to write negative reviews. This is an action game thats fun to play with family or by yourself. Its a must have on the PS2. It is fun to switch characters and level them up. Basically the longer you playIf you are a fan of the original X-men Arcade game or of Gauntlet Legends style beatem-ups you will absolutely love this game. I'm only wondering why a couple vanilla RPG fans came here to write negative reviews. This is an action game thats fun to play with family or by yourself. Its a must have on the PS2. It is fun to switch characters and level them up. Basically the longer you play the more attacks you get. There are some menus, where you can change items, change player skins, and team mates, but you don't have to go into them if you want. The A.I. is generally very good and won't hold you back. The team attacks are really fun to perform (rogue throws Wolverine). The artwork is gorgeous with tons of backgrounds and different enemies. Even the loading screens feature amazing X-men comic artwork. The characterizations and voice acting are dead on. Even Patrick Stewart is back for Xavier. Not the hardest game in the world, but it is fun to play. This is almost a perfect game. One thing is that you should probably have big screen to play it on. These types of games have a lot going on. They also could have made a little bit more back and forth combat where you time attacks. But this is sort of a button masher. You can and will lose team mates mid-way through a level, make it harder, but you can revive them at checkpoints. I liked exploring all of the areas and making sure I had destroyed everything in site. The music of this game is also very cinematic. I'm very critical of my games, but this is definitely a solid 8 rating with high production values. This game was designed to be fun for multiple people, and probably kids. This game was not meant to be X-men Final Fantasy where you watch hours of cutscenes and dork with item menus. Its just great. So pick up this game! Must have Ps2 game. Its still worth playing in 2013. Collapse
  2. Mar 19, 2012
    There is no coherent story and no character development at all in this game. The game is a series of repetitive gameplay. The music is the worst of any RPG out there. The only saving grace is that you get to play as characters from the Marvel universe.
  3. WeaponX
    Nov 23, 2005
    A very fun game and I like the graphics. Too bad in half of the game you will be fighting bugs,but after you're done with them the game will start to get your full attention.
  4. SumDood
    Nov 21, 2005
    This game is vey unique and takes on a different approach to comic book chacters that alone should get this game some points for being so bold! Plus it rocks!!
  5. JoeT.
    Nov 15, 2005
    I think it is a great game and it is a lot of fun.
  6. DeepakB.
    Nov 3, 2005
    this is verest game i have ever played th geaphis are very bad expet for the moves.. if you are a team player you might like it but if you are a single player you will hate it
  7. RobertC.
    Oct 26, 2005
    This game is sweet. Although the sound isn't that special, the great particle effects, huge roster of characters, and amazing character development definiteley make up for it.
  8. EricJ.
    Oct 13, 2005
    Great game, disproves the theory sequels are worse than the original. highly improved from original but maintains enough of the same style to make it extremely playable.
  9. RyanA.
    Sep 23, 2005
    Very addictive with several improvements over the original.
  10. Jun 8, 2013

#43 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. In most respects, the game doesn’t differ much from the first title in the series; but the novelty of teaming up the good guys and bad guys to go after the really bad guys is enough to make this game enjoyable in its own right.
    While the biggest and most obvious addition is the spectacular inclusion of four-player-cooperative online play, the doubled super powers, the playable evil mutants, the streamlined menus and more interactive environments make this sequel a worthy sequel in all respects.
  3. One of the most amazing action-RPG’s of the holiday season. Whether you are a hardcore X-Men fan, an RPG-lover, a single-player, or a multiplayer, this game has something to offer everyone, and with more than 70 branching levels and over 100 potential hours of gameplay, there is a whole lot of X-Men and Brotherhood action just waiting for you to explore.