8.5

1. GeorgeL
    Nov 7, 2008
    This game is actually worse than I thought it would be. Being an X-Men fan (I watched all 3 movies and also the TV shows), I hoped this game would be pretty good. It was an ok experiance when I played. You get to play as several different characters and you can choose your team most of the time in the game (which is cool, as you can create your dream team of X-Men legends. No punThis game is actually worse than I thought it would be. Being an X-Men fan (I watched all 3 movies and also the TV shows), I hoped this game would be pretty good. It was an ok experiance when I played. You get to play as several different characters and you can choose your team most of the time in the game (which is cool, as you can create your dream team of X-Men legends. No pun intended). However, since I bought this game after other RPG superhero games like JLH and MUA have already came out, I can't help but see a whole bunch of flaws in the game that have long been improved by the more recent RPG games. This game basically suffers from the same thing MUA does, and that is that the 4-man team typically can kill pratically anything that stands in your way rather easily, making this game much too easy for its own good. And, since most of my friends aren't X-Men fans, I had to play through this by myself, which sucked bigtime. And, it lacks some of the features that MUA had, so we have a lamer version of MUA, which was already pretty lame. Overall, X-Men Legends was a great game at its time, but now, there are better RPG superhero games to play. Collapse
  2. RamiW.
    Mar 3, 2006
    the game is okay but the only problem is the graphics but my brother loves it.
  3. HERO
    May 17, 2005
    Quite possibly the best PS2 game I have ever played.
  4. CloudStrife
    Mar 17, 2005
    I didnt like the game at all. Camera sucks, All mutants make the same moves when they punch and kick ,except some characters like Storm, and graphics are vey bad! the only good thing is thepowers but without putting any astonishing effects are losing their magic... This game wasnt as good as they promised to be... :(
  5. Tru
    Jan 27, 2005
    I thought it was one of the better games from the RPG series and that they made it to come out as if you were right there during the whole thing. So I give it two thumbs up.
  6. AndrewJ.
    Dec 28, 2004
    I didn't love this game as much as I'd hoped. maybe I was comparing it to Freedom Force, but this one just didn't seem to have the interest level I'd hoped for.
  7. SKULLOMANIAW.
    Dec 22, 2004
    This game is really good, but the flaws in it made me give it a 9 instead of a perfect 10. I promise you, you won't be disappointed though, so go get it, JACK!
  8. JonA.
    Nov 7, 2004
    It is quite a nice game but could seriously have been loads betta. i feel like the activision crew have not tried to put in their best in it. but the game definitely has its merits, the cool grafix are certainly to the spirit of the game and the game play is very good as well, the game lost its mark because of the not-so-good storyline and bad camera motions, all in all, it gets what itIt is quite a nice game but could seriously have been loads betta. i feel like the activision crew have not tried to put in their best in it. but the game definitely has its merits, the cool grafix are certainly to the spirit of the game and the game play is very good as well, the game lost its mark because of the not-so-good storyline and bad camera motions, all in all, it gets what it deserves- to be bought fast! Expand
  9. MarcD.
    Nov 3, 2004
    A flawed but brilliant attempt at capturing the essence of the X-men. Great stuff.
  10. JoaoM.
    Oct 19, 2004
    Great game for x-men fans and newbies to this world... controls are smooth, graphics are adequate and has much to do. tends to be a little repetitive and the map isn't very clear when you decide to use it.
  11. DonV.
    Oct 3, 2004
    This game is the best thing since Champions of Norrath.
  12. BrentS.
    Sep 23, 2004
    I've only played it for one day, but it was the first game since Diablo II that forced me to stay up waaaaaaaay past my bedtime. Loads of fun! Has a very cartooney feel about it, yet at the same time has a smooth flow that sucks you in. It was a pain to put the controller down.

1. The combat system has a depth that allows you to learn new moves and string together long combos for some slick fighting while the vivid comic book style goes some way to explain the occasionally basic look of some of the sections.
  2. All in all, this is a really simple gauntlet style title, but it’s a good one, and worth playing with three of your friends.
  3. Super hero games have a particularly bad reputation among most gamers. For every rare decent licensed game there are always a slew along the lines of the abysmal Aquaman Now that I’ve succeeded in sending shivers down your spine, I am pleased to announce that X-Men Legends most definitely does not suck.