7.2

1. Apr 12, 2011
    If your an X-Men fan than you will be able to look past this games flaws, like the bad graphics, and awful voice acting, and the bad AI, but the main problems with it are that you feel underpowered, which is a disappointment considering when you want to play as Wolverine you want to feel powerful, like you can really do some damage with your super sharp claws, but instead you feel like youIf your an X-Men fan than you will be able to look past this games flaws, like the bad graphics, and awful voice acting, and the bad AI, but the main problems with it are that you feel underpowered, which is a disappointment considering when you want to play as Wolverine you want to feel powerful, like you can really do some damage with your super sharp claws, but instead you feel like you attacking enemies with butter knives, and there's the fact that it's just not fun to play, it had some really great ideas but they were poorly handled in this game, a huge let down. Expand
  2. MattH.
    Dec 8, 2003
    This game is a blast! Any x-men fan would absolutely adore this game, and any game fan should be no different. There are some weak points like loose, VERY loose association they try to make with the movie, and the lack of variety to wolverine's basic attacks, but the stealth gameplay and the multi-opponent attacks are a definite plus. Just try and you'll like it!
  3. JonathanF.
    Jul 26, 2003
    Oh yeah this game is way good. Just slightly hard and spooky sometimes but addictive and oh yeah this game is way good.
  4. JimY.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I don't understand the current rating on this site. A "3"?? I know a bad game when I see it, and this is NOT it!! This is a top notch game. Possibly the previous reviewers are under tha age of 30 and can't appreciate it as much as we old folk? X2 offers a semi-linear style of gameplay, which is refreshing. You learn bits and pieces about where you are along the way. It really I don't understand the current rating on this site. A "3"?? I know a bad game when I see it, and this is NOT it!! This is a top notch game. Possibly the previous reviewers are under tha age of 30 and can't appreciate it as much as we old folk? X2 offers a semi-linear style of gameplay, which is refreshing. You learn bits and pieces about where you are along the way. It really potrayed that atmosphere of Wolverine animal desperation (for those old enough to remember and appreciate the comic). The controls flow naturally and have a low learning curve. This game is a definite rental (for those of us with Freedom passes;) or a purchase for the hardcore Wolvie fans. I would have normally given this an 8, but since others judged so harshly....a 9 it is. PS. This game makes Tenchu and others like it a pale shadow. Expand
  5. RobT.
    May 7, 2003
    Best x-men game ever wolverine is a true badass.
  6. JackD.
    Jun 21, 2003
    Fast pased and a laugh. If I was an X-men fan I would give it nine but I'm not. I would recommend this to pationt X- men fans but not to anybody else.
  7. DaveyS.
    Apr 17, 2003
    This game is really bad, the gameplay is flawed, its just not at all fun to play.
  8. NickV.
    May 12, 2003
    To enjoy this game one must be a true X-Man fan does not follow the movie can get frustrating and confusing at times but also can be a exciting edge of you seat game.
  9. DeathS.
    Jan 29, 2004
    Its an o.k game that can be confusing at times but besides the confusing controls I give it an eight.
  10. Aug 7, 2014
    Its not that good as a game, but i still like it.
    when the stealth mode gets in the game, its becoming really interesting.
    I also like it has very few save points, its making it harder and it makes you furious :)

1. Play Magazine
    There are some good ideas here, but the lack of detail, soft collision (Wolvie sinks ankle-high into any raised surface), murky control and low poly counts make Logan a dull boy. [June 2003, p.58]
  2. Game Informer
    Fundamental gameplay mistakes and atrocious designs run rampant through every inch of this miserable PlayStation 2 application. [June 2003, p.104]
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    The fan in me can't help but like this game. Despite some questionable A.I. and repetitive attack animations (surprisingly brutal for a Teen rating), the Stealth mode (activated by awkwardly holding down L2 - another control issue) presents a genuinely cool graphic effect similar to thermal vision. [June 2003, p.108]