X2: Wolverine's Revenge PlayStation 2

7.2

1. MattH.
    Dec 8, 2003
    This game is a blast! Any x-men fan would absolutely adore this game, and any game fan should be no different. There are some weak points like loose, VERY loose association they try to make with the movie, and the lack of variety to wolverine's basic attacks, but the stealth gameplay and the multi-opponent attacks are a definite plus. Just try and you'll like it!
  2. Carlos
    Apr 30, 2003
    The game plays as well as the player. I haven't had much of any problems at all in terms of control and the game is a blast to play. It's not metal gear or splinter cell so don't look to compare it to games of this type. Enjoy it for what it is BUB, an interactive comic.
  3. JonathanF.
    Jul 26, 2003
    Oh yeah this game is way good. Just slightly hard and spooky sometimes but addictive and oh yeah this game is way good.
  4. JimY.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I don't understand the current rating on this site. A "3"?? I know a bad game when I see it, and this is NOT it!! This is a top notch game. Possibly the previous reviewers are under tha age of 30 and can't appreciate it as much as we old folk? X2 offers a semi-linear style of gameplay, which is refreshing. You learn bits and pieces about where you are along the way. It really I don't understand the current rating on this site. A "3"?? I know a bad game when I see it, and this is NOT it!! This is a top notch game. Possibly the previous reviewers are under tha age of 30 and can't appreciate it as much as we old folk? X2 offers a semi-linear style of gameplay, which is refreshing. You learn bits and pieces about where you are along the way. It really potrayed that atmosphere of Wolverine animal desperation (for those old enough to remember and appreciate the comic). The controls flow naturally and have a low learning curve. This game is a definite rental (for those of us with Freedom passes;) or a purchase for the hardcore Wolvie fans. I would have normally given this an 8, but since others judged so harshly....a 9 it is. PS. This game makes Tenchu and others like it a pale shadow. Expand
  5. RobT.
    May 7, 2003
    Best x-men game ever wolverine is a true badass.
  6. DeathS.
    Jan 29, 2004
    Its an o.k game that can be confusing at times but besides the confusing controls I give it an eight.

1. Play Magazine
    There are some good ideas here, but the lack of detail, soft collision (Wolvie sinks ankle-high into any raised surface), murky control and low poly counts make Logan a dull boy. [June 2003, p.58]
  2. Game Informer
    Fundamental gameplay mistakes and atrocious designs run rampant through every inch of this miserable PlayStation 2 application. [June 2003, p.104]
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    The fan in me can't help but like this game. Despite some questionable A.I. and repetitive attack animations (surprisingly brutal for a Teen rating), the Stealth mode (activated by awkwardly holding down L2 - another control issue) presents a genuinely cool graphic effect similar to thermal vision. [June 2003, p.108]