8.2

Jan 6, 2005
    BEST!!!
  2. AndrewC.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Ouch...this here sequel to one of my favorite RPG's ever is a steaming pile of feces. The gameplay is terrible, the voice acting practically ruined, the great soundtrack missing, the cutscenes uninspiring, and worst of all it just doesn't look good. Very, very disappointing.
  3. zero_teenthao
    Feb 20, 2007
    I just play this game and i really like this game. i really hope part 3 is just as good as part to but with more action.
  4. AkeemG.
    May 7, 2007
    Xenosaga Episode 2 is a hell of a lot better than episode 3 but just as good as episode1.This game has a very nice sci-fi atmosphere with a very futuristic feel to it.I really enjoyed doing the Global Samaritan (GS) missions because they were very amusing to me, my favorite mission is the one where you had to return to old mitia to aquire the memory locket from that white monster.The Xenosaga Episode 2 is a hell of a lot better than episode 3 but just as good as episode1.This game has a very nice sci-fi atmosphere with a very futuristic feel to it.I really enjoyed doing the Global Samaritan (GS) missions because they were very amusing to me, my favorite mission is the one where you had to return to old mitia to aquire the memory locket from that white monster.The voices ofall the charecters for this game was also very nice because the voices suited the apparence and design of the charecters ,so I would really appreciate it if I didn't have to read any more reviews with complaints about how horrible the voice acting is voice because they really aren't half as bad as people are always trying to make them seem, especially momo's voice.Xenosaga episode 2 also has the most fun battle system that I have ever experieced although it wasn't as cool as episode ones battle system it still wasn't as lame as episode three's,in addition to that out of all the xenosagas episode 2 has the best battle music,I dont care for the music that plays during boss battles but only for the one that playes when you're fighting minor enemies.Anyway if you want to get a true challenge from the game you should try beating every boss in the game with out using the break system like I did,believe me when I say it's no walk in the park.On top of every thing the replay value for this game is very hig,youll' be playing this game again and again for a while after you've beaten it. Expand
  5. JeffK.
    Jan 9, 2006
    The game was great, loved the cut scenes and the story line was awesome. But, there is a few things i did not like. There was no stores to purchas items, etc. Plus I was realy looking forward to playing in the Casino and kicking @$$ on the Card game. I was so disapointed. On a good note they improved on the AWG's. All in all is a great RPG.
  6. GregS
    Jan 2, 2010
    What is consistent throughout the trilogy is the amazing story. It tells a narrative unparalleled in any other video game, and is just as strong in Episode II as in the other two. Unfortunately, the story is the only thing that kept me playing the game. The battle system, excluding the E.S. segments, is one of the worst I've ever seen, with an encounter with even the most minor of What is consistent throughout the trilogy is the amazing story. It tells a narrative unparalleled in any other video game, and is just as strong in Episode II as in the other two. Unfortunately, the story is the only thing that kept me playing the game. The battle system, excluding the E.S. segments, is one of the worst I've ever seen, with an encounter with even the most minor of enemies taking a ridiculous amount of time. However, the battle system is nothing compared to this game's worst travesty. There is a complete lack of any shops anywhere in the game. Running low on items and need to stock up on some before going somewhere? Well too bad. That being said, if you liked the first one, buy and play through this one, because you're going to want to play Episode III. Expand
  7. Mikey
    Jan 30, 2005
    XS1 was a good game, but intricate plotlines and religious references does not a great game make. I expect more of the same from 2, maybe slightly better, but my hopes aren't up. But god help me, the idea of not seeing more of this story doesn't seem possible.
  8. Fourni_Pa
    Feb 24, 2005
    I found the episode II pretty interesting. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one is marvelous. the added stuff like double attacks, ether combos and the switch command are really solid improvement. However, the story doesn't advance much and that's pretty annoying. I watched all those videos for what... nothing at all, the story didn't really moved. Actually, I found the episode II pretty interesting. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one is marvelous. the added stuff like double attacks, ether combos and the switch command are really solid improvement. However, the story doesn't advance much and that's pretty annoying. I watched all those videos for what... nothing at all, the story didn't really moved. Actually, that's my opinion. Even though it still worth a try !!! Expand
  9. MartR.
    Feb 25, 2005
    Having long finished the Japanese version of this game, I borrowed the English version to give it a spin. It's all mostly been maintained. It is of course a strictly hardcore RPG, with its killer cutscenes and obscure storyline that seems to make no sense much of the time, but pulls itself together nearing the end. I enjoyed the Japanese version tremendously and here is why the Having long finished the Japanese version of this game, I borrowed the English version to give it a spin. It's all mostly been maintained. It is of course a strictly hardcore RPG, with its killer cutscenes and obscure storyline that seems to make no sense much of the time, but pulls itself together nearing the end. I enjoyed the Japanese version tremendously and here is why the English version feels so dull: the voice acting is dreadful. In a game where one will be hearing hours upon hours of dialogue, this is quite important and the English voice actors have really messed up here. Some characters are easily maintained (chaos, Junior and Shion), but then there are guys who sound like whining schoolgirls compared to their magnetic counterparts in the Japanese version. KOS-MOS is the biggest douche here, but Ziggurat and MOMO are also cursed by this impossibly bad acting that seems to plague the English-speaking world. The two points get counted off because of the killer voices, the rest is all there and then some. Expand
  10. PekkaT.
    Feb 3, 2005
    Better than Episode 1. Screw other reviews, this game truly is what I expected.
  11. StephenC.
    Mar 22, 2005
    Rpg this, Rpg that, what it comes down to in the end is how good the story is. here xenosaga does not fail. the story is so good that you forget baout the quirks of the new edition. sit back and enjoy.
  12. ChrisP.
    Mar 29, 2006
    I thought that this game was a very good sequel to episode 1, and it leads you to start to think about what might happen in the next one. Episode three is going to be the premature ending to the xenosaga series. This can be a trilogy set right behind Star Wars in the record books.
  13. AnsonG.
    May 27, 2006
    Well, all i have to say is BEST xenosaga series, it is better then episode 1. The story is quite of this game and those E.S Robots was improved alot then AGWS. But i disappointed is u dont have a money to buy items nad a shop. Well, if namco goin to make xenosaga episode 3, they should make shop so can buy items. So i have to wait for next episode to release and i hope will be pretty much awsome.
  14. Aug 10, 2011
    With the second installment, the Xenosaga series sees some changes... some good, some questionable. The good is that they toned down the overly "cute" anime look, upgraded the graphics, revamped the battle system, streamlined character leveling and most importantly, increased focus on characters and story. It's worth noting that the story is actually really interesting this time around andWith the second installment, the Xenosaga series sees some changes... some good, some questionable. The good is that they toned down the overly "cute" anime look, upgraded the graphics, revamped the battle system, streamlined character leveling and most importantly, increased focus on characters and story. It's worth noting that the story is actually really interesting this time around and you'll actually see the cast develop into captivating individuals. Other changes are simply odd... like the choice of new voice actors for a few of the returning characters who really aren't any better than previous ones and the removal of a money/equipment/bartering system. But some things remains the same- the game still feels slow and tedious, puzzles are simplistic yet laborious, the battle system still contains too many variables and the difficulty remains inconsistent. The improvements are welcome but the game still feels lackluster. It's a more enjoyable experience than the first game though, mainly thanks to the accelerated story and character development (but it is a bit short; the main quest only lasts about 20-25 hours long). Expand
  15. Feb 24, 2014
    In a moment of insanity Namco/Ban Dai thought UK/Europe should get Xenosaga Episode II, but not Episodes I or III. To that end, this game came shipped with a 4 hour DVD featuring FMV from Episode I. Subsequently, Episode III was not released here in blighty leaving me unable to play the sequel (and a premature end) to what is one of my favourite games ever. Xenosaga is JRPG meets anime inIn a moment of insanity Namco/Ban Dai thought UK/Europe should get Xenosaga Episode II, but not Episodes I or III. To that end, this game came shipped with a 4 hour DVD featuring FMV from Episode I. Subsequently, Episode III was not released here in blighty leaving me unable to play the sequel (and a premature end) to what is one of my favourite games ever. Xenosaga is JRPG meets anime in space. Sometimes you'll be fooled into thinking you're watching a film: you will be watching cutscenes for a half hour at a time. Like with most JRPGs the combat is the main draw, Xenosaga's takes while to learn but once mastered you can take enemies apart very quickly. No random encounters - joy! The game is not annoying! Some of the puzzles and "side-quests" *Global Samaritan Campaign* can be a pain at times, but the upshot is there's no random battles constantly annoying the crap out of you whilst you're doing them. Expand
  16. May 30, 2013
    Xenosaga Episode II. A flawed masterpiece. Yes, the load times are longer, yes the voice actors have changed, but underneath it all is an intelliegent, rich, emotional tale with an extremely deep (Albeit hard.) battle system.

Among the improvements are new sleek menus, more intense cinematics, a streamlined skill tree system and a wider dungeon variation. However sometimes Episode

However sometimes Episode II's desire to be brilliant holds it back. The sylistic changes in appearance are a matter of opinion, but the lo-res cinematics can look stiff in comparison to the hi-res events and the loading times can be particularly jarring trying to boot the games graphics and sound in battle. This leaves the experience slightly less polished.

That said, if you can master the battle system, forgive the loading times, understand the religious references and lose yourself to the story, then there is hours of addictive role-playing to be had here. Overall, a beautiful Sci-Fi RPG.
  17. Oct 29, 2013
    This was an admirable follow up to the first title, the game play requires a maximum of 1 brain cell or two for some to get the hang of it, it has decent direction and a great storyline. The ether and skills systems get a bit tedious sometimes, but the game's handle and story make up for. It has a decent amount of extras if you choose to side quest. Overall, It's a go for me.
  18. Mar 16, 2015
    While I did certainly enjoy this game, it was certainly a departure from what I appreciated about the first and third games. First of all, I missed the voice actors that portrayed each of the characters. That is a large part of my score for this game. However, the graphics were still great (for the time). The battle system was an interesting upgrade that I often appreciated, however itWhile I did certainly enjoy this game, it was certainly a departure from what I appreciated about the first and third games. First of all, I missed the voice actors that portrayed each of the characters. That is a large part of my score for this game. However, the graphics were still great (for the time). The battle system was an interesting upgrade that I often appreciated, however it was occasionally estoeric. The story is still a huge part of the game and that I believe was still done quite well. Expand

#60 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. Xenosaga Episode 2 seems to top Episode 1 in almost all aspects of gameplay, graphics and sound...If you liked Episode 1, you'll like Episode 2. Speaking more generally, if you like RPGs you'll like Episode 2.
  2. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 8 / 9 - 33 gold [Vol 811; 2 July 2004]
  3. While the game is still decent, it simply isn’t as great as the original installment. Though it still offers spectacular plot, it just isn’t as deep in its character customization as it once was.