8.0

1. Apr 17, 2016
    The more time and brain power you invest into this game, the more you will be rewarded when you discover the depth of this game. It's a flawed masterpiece.
  2. Mar 14, 2014
    the game is so **** unfair, the first few fights are so easy and you always **** win then when it gets to the third one (mai valentine) you just get **** raped over and over and over. they give you some hope and just wiggle the tip near your **** for a bit and you think the raping is over and you're about to get away and then they just shove it back in there and watch you cry like a littlethe game is so **** unfair, the first few fights are so easy and you always **** win then when it gets to the third one (mai valentine) you just get **** raped over and over and over. they give you some hope and just wiggle the tip near your **** for a bit and you think the raping is over and you're about to get away and then they just shove it back in there and watch you cry like a little **** i hate this **** game Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2013
    Game of my youth, still love it to this day. Looking back, it was a lot harder to me 9 years ago when I didn't know what the hell I was doing, ai could've used some work, but since it was released in 2003, i'll let it slide.
    GREAT GAME
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    Could be so much better if this "new" engine wasn't so boring, but if you're a die-hard fan of the series you'll enjoy it, just don't expect to love it.
  5. Feb 16, 2013
    At first to be completely honest i was a bit dissapointed when i saw this game wouldnt be playing like the card game, but rather it would be playing like a yugioh and chess hybrid, but once i got into the game, and got used to it, i really enjoyed this twist. it really freshens up the experience, and i found that it helps as well that the game has branching story lines, which helps withAt first to be completely honest i was a bit dissapointed when i saw this game wouldnt be playing like the card game, but rather it would be playing like a yugioh and chess hybrid, but once i got into the game, and got used to it, i really enjoyed this twist. it really freshens up the experience, and i found that it helps as well that the game has branching story lines, which helps with the longetivity, as well as the replayability. The graphics are good as well, nothing to rank home about, but certainly gets the job done rather quite nicely. I really enjoyed how they presented the story putting yugioh characters in the war of the roses. i really thought this was an inovative and interesting story and plot, and it really caught my interest. What truely amazed me with this game however, was the soundtrack. I honestly cant even describe, this games soundtrack is by far within my top 10 video game soundtracks of all time! The soundtrack is at times pumping, at times chilling, at times sad, it captures so many different elements. and some people might not hear it this way, but i personally love this soundtrack. it takes alot of the simple 8bit themes from dark duel stories as well, and revamps them with a fully orchestrated score. overall, i enjoy this game, it certainly isnt the best yugioh game, but i enjoy its new and refreshing twist on the card game, and i enjoy the interesting story, graphics, music, and overall presentation as well. if your a fan of yugioh, this is an interesting game to check out. Collapse
  6. Mar 10, 2011
    As a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! fan I was disappointed with this game, it's not like the dueling you see on the show, it's more like a mix of that and chess, the story isn't all that interesting, graphics are sub par, but voice acting is ok, one good thing is that it does require a large amount of strategy if you hope to win, if your a fan of card games you may like this but I just can't recommend this.
  7. JoshS.
    Jul 9, 2006
    The game is good fun but is very hard sometimes.
  8. SupunW.
    Jun 29, 2006
    This game is very good but I would recomend it to more "proffessional" dual monsters players because of its modified playing system.
  9. ConM.
    Jun 23, 2006
    This game sucks, unless someone can give me the cheat of getting the Gate Guardian Ritual.
  10. DragonKnight
    Apr 27, 2006
    Horrible grid combat with extreme difficulty settings that their eleven year old audience may not be able to play it. I couldn't bare to play it for too long. The graphics are rarely seen and when they are, they aren't bad. The sound is unmemorable and the story is just as forgettable. Don't get this for yourself or anyone. The gameplay could be pretty decent if it Horrible grid combat with extreme difficulty settings that their eleven year old audience may not be able to play it. I couldn't bare to play it for too long. The graphics are rarely seen and when they are, they aren't bad. The sound is unmemorable and the story is just as forgettable. Don't get this for yourself or anyone. The gameplay could be pretty decent if it wasn't so hard and didn't expect so much from you so quickly. Expand
  11. MarikI.
    Feb 24, 2006
    Duelist of roses is a great game however when you play Yu-gi-oh capule collisum the graphics are better, you get the actual voices from the show and they talk befor-during and after the duel which is a great thing. I wish that they could take Yu-gi-oh dofAnd Yu-gi-oh cc and do this... take the card game from duelist of roses and put it in Yu-gi -oh cc that way you got better graphics, Duelist of roses is a great game however when you play Yu-gi-oh capule collisum the graphics are better, you get the actual voices from the show and they talk befor-during and after the duel which is a great thing. I wish that they could take Yu-gi-oh dofAnd Yu-gi-oh cc and do this... take the card game from duelist of roses and put it in Yu-gi -oh cc that way you got better graphics, better action and attacks instead of playing a chess like game you got the card game also of them being so lame because when you play yu-gi-oh cceverything is so much better and the characters dont have weird names or come from a weird century like 1875 like in duelist of roses. all the characters didn't even have their real names. When I played Yu-gi-oh capsel collisum even was so much better including action,music, graphics,attacks, and they even had in Odian, Marik, Bakura, and all the others from battle city tournament like in the show. The only thing that wasn't good was that it was like a chess/checkers game. Expand
  12. SKULLOMANIAW.
    Dec 22, 2004
    This is a pretty good game. Without a doubt the easiest game besides Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man games. After awhile it gets boring and you just don't wanna play it anymore. I'm trading mind back in, but it did keep me up at night a couple times but it does not derserve a 10 or 9. It should only get 8's and 7's certainly not a 59 or 40. Poor Yu-Gi's crying right This is a pretty good game. Without a doubt the easiest game besides Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man games. After awhile it gets boring and you just don't wanna play it anymore. I'm trading mind back in, but it did keep me up at night a couple times but it does not derserve a 10 or 9. It should only get 8's and 7's certainly not a 59 or 40. Poor Yu-Gi's crying right now. Don't cry crazy haired fool. Expand
  13. lollol
    May 9, 2004
    It's a great game and more than 85 cards.
  14. KrisB.
    Feb 8, 2004
    This game kick ass.I my self also play the card game its fun an plus the cards that came with it really improve my deck cause i can finely speical summon Valkuron the magna warrior:) i like the way the monsters come to live:)
  15. Ton
    Jan 27, 2004
    It's very good and challenging for a fan like me.
  16. CATMan
    Dec 23, 2003
    This games graphics blow i bought the game for ps2 and played for 1 or 2 hours and beat the whole game the sound is ****'d up it frezzez all the time and that ot only on my ps2 i tried it on my friends also and it freezez so it is the crapiest game ever.TIP: DONT BUY IT
  17. AndrewC.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This game stinks. It a stupid card game for 3 year olds the only people who like it haven't played any real games like prince of persia.
  18. Cat
    Oct 22, 2003
    You must buy this awesome game.
  19. GabrielG.
    Jul 25, 2003
    This Game was sweet But The only thing that was n`t cool were the decks. If I had the cards I Wanted, Like Red-Eyes Black Dragon I could Beat All the monsters including Blue-Eyes White Dragon Because it has 3400 Attack points Because It gets A Bonus 1000 Points extra since It is A 1st edition monster. This is probably my 2st Faviorite Game, my favorite game is Splinter Cell.
    Jul 25, 2003
    Quit whinin' like every1 else has probally told ya thge way i see it is that the only reason u ppl give it a 4 is bcuz u don't have a good stratagy,ever think that that would be wut is making the game seem so hard?
  21. VincentL.
    Jun 5, 2003
    This Game Is Great! But I dont seem to see all the cards yet :P
  22. QuvannyG.
    May 6, 2003
    I love this game, at first i didn't to much reading in the beginning of the game. hint "used CG" i thought i was going to **** but when i started to paly i couldn't put i down. first day - 14h. 2nd 11h and still playing it.
  23. BillyP.
    May 3, 2003
    The game is awesome. The only thing i dont like about it is that thay shuld let you pick more deaks.
  24. JohnJ.
    Apr 27, 2003
    This is a nice game I like it. It is only confusing for the first half hour you are playing it. And it is not that hard as many have said.
  25. DrewS.
    Apr 22, 2003
    This game kicks @$$. If you have half a brain, and a day or two, it isn't that hard to comprened. Oooh, it isn't the same as the card game! Shut the &%#* up!
  26. BradyK.
    Apr 16, 2003
    What are all of you babies whining about? I beat this game in two weeks. Probably could have done it quicker if I had had more time. Anyway, this game is one of the best I've ever seen, so don't go dissin' it.
  27. KayW.
    Apr 16, 2003
    This game has great levels of play and but the graphics and speed of the game really needs to be improved.This game could be good if they spent a bit more time on it. I would still purchase this game.
  28. DanielC.
    Apr 9, 2003
    Stop crying about the hard level of this game,... thats the good thing; what did you want, some stupid game you colud pass in a few weekends? The game is excelent, good graphics, good sound, good tutorial, and the best part: a high level!!!! I'm new at this game, but i really like it, i would appreciate if someone can tell me how can i know wich cards can i mix into one new monster. Thanks.
  29. LouisS.
    Apr 4, 2003
    Awsomelycool3-Dbattles.this game is one of the BEST game I`ve ever seen.
  30. ScottL.
    Mar 25, 2003
    I think this game is awesome. I love everything about it. It's almost exactly like the cartoon. The monsters rock and so do the graphics. I can't wait to play the next one.
  31. B.S.
    Mar 20, 2003
    Lacking multiplayer and passwords (for bring in real cards) this game takes away the options the out of date forbidion memories had!!! But what r u tak'in bout I loved the sounds and the graphics!!! but sigh duel master k acts like hes drunk when I duel him he sucks!!!!!!!!!!
  32. JamesB.
    Mar 14, 2003
    ALL i can say this game Rocks there are no promblems in it at all and you get 3 crads when you bye the game to this game ROCKS DUDE!
  33. EricW.
    Mar 14, 2003
    Game is not very challenging to say the very least. After being a yu-gi-oh fan of the cartoon series but having never played the card game before, it only took me a few games to begin winning every duel. I am an old MTG gamer and know strategy very well, the computer is predictable. The graphics are rather bad considering this is a PS2 game , sound is horrific and one of the more fun Game is not very challenging to say the very least. After being a yu-gi-oh fan of the cartoon series but having never played the card game before, it only took me a few games to begin winning every duel. I am an old MTG gamer and know strategy very well, the computer is predictable. The graphics are rather bad considering this is a PS2 game , sound is horrific and one of the more fun aspects of the game ( fusions, Rituals) are way to time consuming to learn or aquire the cards for the rituals. I beat both sides ( white and red ) in one night of like 4 hours so not nearly worth my 39.99 I paid for this game. Tip: once you aquire a few decent powerful cards, duel yourself in custom duel to spin and get duplicates of those cards. Once I had a few decent dragons and couple mountains you can really own just about anyone in the game, get a couple swordstalkers in your deck as well, they are very helpful indeed. Oh, only reason I continue to play this game is trying to level my deck leader up to get special leader skills. I have played like way over 100 games and yet to get any special abilities for him at all. Expand
  34. Feb 16, 2013

#45 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. GameNow
    As you get deeper into the game, the attack/defense system starts to make sense, and the whole play experience becomes very tense and strategic. [Mar 2003, p.40]
  2. The presentation is terribly stripped-down, and as an odd duck sort of hybrid strategy game, it doesn't offer much accessibility or depth.
    When these sorts of loaded odds are all you get in lieu of a competitive computer player, the whole thing feels like you're being cheated rather than challenged.