Afrika PlayStation 3

• Publisher: Natsume
  • Release Date: Oct 6, 2009
6.2

1. Dec 31, 2010
    It's a really great game for people, who love animals. I want a second part of it :) I love photographing but I cant go to Afrika. Why dont you like it? :<
  2. EdV
    Jan 11, 2010
    I love to see game developers that step out of the box. To defy the tidal wave of cookie cutter games. It
  3. LarsH
    Jan 4, 2010
    It's a relaxing game that is very different from all my other games this gen. My wife loves exploring and finding new animals. It's a lot of fun to experience Afrika with her. That's not something I can do with many other games.
  4. scotta
    Dec 18, 2009
    so peaceful and relaxing, ign and the othes who complain about it being broken are rong, this 'games' fine as it is, more ground detail would have been nice but all in all its about the critters, no guns no blood now war, perfect to wind down and relax, animal modeling is well done and the camera work is good all in all buy it if you want something different
  5. DanR
    Dec 12, 2009
    To those of you that claim this is not a game... you're right. Afrika is an experience. No run- and- gun, no hack- and -slash, no quick time events, just the "chaacter fulfillment" of being a nature photographer. Ambient and serene, with moments of extreme intensity, this game should be appriciated for both what it is and isn't. Anyone tired of the same ol', same ol' To those of you that claim this is not a game... you're right. Afrika is an experience. No run- and- gun, no hack- and -slash, no quick time events, just the "chaacter fulfillment" of being a nature photographer. Ambient and serene, with moments of extreme intensity, this game should be appriciated for both what it is and isn't. Anyone tired of the same ol', same ol' in their video games should give Afrika a try Expand
  6. RyanW
    Dec 11, 2009
    It's no call of duty but thats the point. It is however a nice change of pace. While the game does spend way to much time loading its worth the wait. Overall I love when developers step outside the box.
  7. JOHNS
    Nov 15, 2009
    I heard that its free roam and i was wondering if you could drive and hit some wildlife. AND are there any hunters.
  8. LaurenC
    Nov 9, 2009
    The game started off limited, full of faults, and rather lame, and then, as if by magic, suddenly sprang into a full-fledged game. The lack of voice acting bothers me a bit, but this game was everything I hoped it would be. If you don't go in with really high expectations, you'll find yourself having a lot of fun.
  9. Johnnynumber5
    Oct 22, 2009
    This game is equal parts education about animals and photography as it is entertainment in the traditional sense. I like this game as it's exactly what I expected it to be: photography. If I wanted to hunt animals I'd have gotten Cabelas Big Game Hunter. This game is kind of like Flower for me. After playing some Demons Souls or Uncharted 2 I'll pop this in for a bit and This game is equal parts education about animals and photography as it is entertainment in the traditional sense. I like this game as it's exactly what I expected it to be: photography. If I wanted to hunt animals I'd have gotten Cabelas Big Game Hunter. This game is kind of like Flower for me. After playing some Demons Souls or Uncharted 2 I'll pop this in for a bit and wind down ... it's a beautiful game, relaxing and informative. People should be more informed about their purchases. How can you hold this game being about photography against it? Thats just dumb. This game isn't for everyone (especially not the add generation) but it's a decent title thats beautiful to look at, fun and believe it or not very challenging. The shame is this is a 2 year old game so it looks dated to the expectations some gamers had. Still, I like the game and I'd recommened it if you are interested in photography or have children that you want to get into taking pictures. We train out daughter on our DSLR (same camera and lense in the game that we have) because it's an expensive piece of professional equipment and this allows her to understand the settings and the camera itself. Good game thats what I call (coined by Joystiq) Edutainment. Expand
  10. ChrisD
    Oct 8, 2009
    If this game is reviewed as such, then that review shouldn't be trusted (ahem... IGN...) For me, this is a chance to relax after work without having to twitch my thumbs and throw the controller.. It's a simulation in relaxation and should be reviewed as such! That said, I thought the animal models were gorgeous and the backgrounds felt true to an Afrikan setting. In a PS3 world If this game is reviewed as such, then that review shouldn't be trusted (ahem... IGN...) For me, this is a chance to relax after work without having to twitch my thumbs and throw the controller.. It's a simulation in relaxation and should be reviewed as such! That said, I thought the animal models were gorgeous and the backgrounds felt true to an Afrikan setting. In a PS3 world where you can sink a hundred hours into a mediocre game, it's nice to have a more casual and idyllic offering every once in a while! Expand

1. Afrika is one of the most pleasant, enjoyable and gently engrossing games I've played in a while. It's a shame Sony isn't releasing it here, and it's worth importing. [JPN Import]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    If you like it quiet, Afrika's peacefulness and sense of freedom offer something to savour.[JPN Import; Nov 2008, p.116]
  3. games(TM)
    Approached with acceptance of its limitations and a willingness to cede true freedom, Afrika can still be a remarkable, memorable experience. [Dec 2008, p.121]