• Publisher: Natsume
  • Release Date: Oct 6, 2009
6.2

1. Zoltanz.
    Oct 6, 2009
    Overall a nice package. Afrika viewer alone almost worths the price as an interactive screensaver with the excellent soundtrack. Online photo site is good, too. Using the binocular the animals are really nice and the backdrop is gorgeous.
  2. Jan 18, 2012
    I like the game in theory and the graphics are nice, especially the animals, of course, but to be honest, everything takes MUCH too long and is MUCH to cumbersome to enjoy it. Couldn't bring myself to finish it yet. Controls are kind of amateurish, it feels like no actual game designer was involved, but ''only'' a bunch of people who love animals. On top of it, the photos you shoot lookI like the game in theory and the graphics are nice, especially the animals, of course, but to be honest, everything takes MUCH too long and is MUCH to cumbersome to enjoy it. Couldn't bring myself to finish it yet. Controls are kind of amateurish, it feels like no actual game designer was involved, but ''only'' a bunch of people who love animals. On top of it, the photos you shoot look kind of unclear and low-res. If you have the patience for this game and like the idea - shooting pictures of wildlife - this is pretty good, but personally, I ended up not liking the actual final product. Expand
  3. Jun 7, 2012
    Ok, we meet Viva Piñata of Xbox 360, and the game is funny, pretty, and colorful, now SONY intent repeat the succesful of Microsoft with Afrika, but what happen? The game is BORING. Afrika have great graphics, really cool, the animals look awesome, but the problem comes with the gameplay, is very repetitive, and boring. Sony (or best say Natsume) can do a better thing, butOk, we meet Viva Piñata of Xbox 360, and the game is funny, pretty, and colorful, now SONY intent repeat the succesful of Microsoft with Afrika, but what happen? The game is BORING. Afrika have great graphics, really cool, the animals look awesome, but the problem comes with the gameplay, is very repetitive, and boring. Sony (or best say Natsume) can do a better thing, but with this regular intent the game fail. Expand

1. Afrika is one of the most pleasant, enjoyable and gently engrossing games I've played in a while. It's a shame Sony isn't releasing it here, and it's worth importing. [JPN Import]
  2. If you like it quiet, Afrika's peacefulness and sense of freedom offer something to savour.[JPN Import; Nov 2008, p.116]
  3. Approached with acceptance of its limitations and a willingness to cede true freedom, Afrika can still be a remarkable, memorable experience. [Dec 2008, p.121]