3.5

1. Feb 12, 2013
    Where do I even begin. Did Gearbox even TRY when they worked on this hunk of crap? The graphics are awful. The gameplay is clunky as hell. The story is just pathetic. They nailed the sound of the game for the most part, but that's the only thing I'm going to give credit to. This was just a cheap gimmick to cash in on the Alien name. Listen to me when I say, STAY AWAY. I wouldn't even wait for it to hit the bargain bin. Don't support the developers when they give us something this awful. Expand
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    Fantastic game! Will play daily. Its refreshing to see other publishers follow THQ's successful business model of great quality games for fans. Cutting out a big part of the single player to sell as DLC will be well received and can't wait to buy that too.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    The graphics are dated, and the gameplay is like every other FPS I've played. The story seems abit interesting but is in no way on par with the films. Licensed games don't usually do that well, but after the Arkham Series and with Gearbox's name on the game I figured I'd not listen to the "professional" reviews and just get it anyway. If you're getting this game to play SOLO then you are waisting your money, but if you're getting it to play with friends I can guarantee you that you'll have a blast. The multiplayer is fun as hell, and if you set the difficulty to Ultimate Badass on the campaign with four friends you'd pretty much have to have no pulse to not have fun. Is it the best game I've played this year? No way, but it is in no way shape or form a 3 or 4 out of 10. It's graphics are horrible sure, but I'll take having a blast with four friends any day over graphics.
    It's got some glitches, but none that ruined the experience or hindered the amount of fun that I had. Having played it for several hours (SP and MP) I can definitely say with confidence that if you go into the game not expecting it to blow your mind or redefine the FPS genre and have a few friends with mics to play with you WILL have a blast.
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    A low moment in what started as quiet a promising year, with low res textures, screen tear and some minor game halting glitches, Aliens Colonial Marines is not the game fans have been waiting for. An average story line with bland characters and a very basic AI (a lot of the time i was shooting at Aliens/Marines just standing behind things) the games only highlight being that Co-Op makes the campaign bearable and that the sound design is top notch, i can only really recommend this game to hardcore fans of the series. Expand
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    There is nothing worse then being conned. And that's exactly what happened to me I was conned into buying this game based on 11 minuets of supposedly "in game footage" released by the devs in 2011 showing a vibrant and gripping game. The graphics where rich, the story looked inviting and action in it sent adrenalin flowing though my veins. Come to 2013 and the game is finally here. I planned an all-nighter to finally play a game I've spent years looking forward to. Palms sweating, heart racing I clicked "Play" and that's right about where all the fun ended. What I got was more then a far cry from what I sold me into buying this game. In fact everything I was looking forward to that I had seen in "Gameplay footage" never appeared. The rich graphics were replaced by flat polygons with low-res textures slapped on. The story was nothing more then a overly vague and childish journey to help NPC's that I cared nothing about; and the Adrenaline rush I was promised was replaced by slow ooze of Melatonin (The sleep hormone for those of you who failed biology) as the action consisted of nothing more then effortlessly gunning down wave after wave of predictably stupid A.I enemies. Expand
  6. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is horrible do not buy it. I am currently returning my special edition. This game is plagued by horrible controls for Aliens in multiplayer, also they never win because of this.
    Graphics are horrible, this could be excused but isn't possible with all the other flaws.
    A.I is rubbish both marines and aliens. I'm no fanboy but the original AVP or 2 is way better than this.
    I
    played multiplayer and singleplayer, not co-op there was no need the flaws were enormous.
    Save your cash or get dead space 3 instead or xcom they rock compared to this.
  7. Feb 12, 2013
    Easy enough overpass the awful reviews if you ARE an Aliens' fan.

That game might not look great, that's a fact, but what it lacks in graphics, makes up for it in fun in multiplayer and overall atmosphere Customization is deep, ranging from laser sight for your good old pulse rifle to mutations for aliens (regeneration, speed, less likely to appear on a radar thanks to a special body,
    etc) there's a LOT of things, and you'll play for a long time until you've unlocked everything for every gun and class.

4 DLC packs have been announced for the season pass, plenty enough to make the online viable for months !

Definitely the most fun I've had on a multiplayer game for a long time, especially in Escape mode, where you need to evac asap with your marine bros, within the time limit. You like the Alien franchise GO FOR IT Don't trust biased reviews don't trust COD players trust Alien fans
  8. Feb 12, 2013
    5 years in the making.... Oh dear the gameplay,graphics everything about this game looks 5 years old.... Fox backed this game and if I was exec at Gearbox I'd be firing people in the morning...
    Truly bad ...
    I'm gutted after 5 years of waiting that a shoddy FPS looks and plays this bad....
    It lasted 4 hours in my PS3. Before I returned it to the store demanded my funds back.. Go get
    Deadspace 3 instead folks... LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS GARBAGE 4/10 and gutted.. Expand
  9. Feb 12, 2013
    Campaign is scary. Graphics feel slightly dated, but gameplay is fun. Basically an Aliens version of Left 4 Dead. Lots of mechanics like having to pull up a motion tracker (making you unable to shoot) are nice and induce lots of tension when hunting for bugs.
  10. Feb 14, 2013
    0/10 Spoiled the game of their burzhui hands! Drunk all polymers! Demo and it was better! Ansha Abdul brothers! Read the Biboran! Chu chu chu chu chu chu chu!
  11. Feb 12, 2013
    I have searched the internet for a positive review about this game, and surprisingly I haven't found one. This made me feel slightly nervous for the game as I was getting it today. Upon playing the single player campaign, I was a little bit disappointed. There was a lot of unnecessary grinding involved. However i then played Multi-player and too say the least, I was pleasantly surprised. The multi-player was a fantastic part of the game. As a marine you were constantly on the lookout, and as a Xeno you were stealthily navigating the map to pounce on your prey. It was very fun. Overall the game could have been better but still is in my opinion a keeper. In some ways it reminds me of the first ever resistance on PS3. Expand
  12. Feb 13, 2013
    Like many i'm sure, I have been counting down the weeks and days to this game. I've been so exited for it that when I read an early review, I was absolutely gutted to learn that it was negative. I never usually listen to the "professional" critics as I find they are way too picky, but in this case I just wanted to take a sneaky peak at what they had to say. I am pleased to say that whoever gives this game a review is talking bollocks!!! If you are a die hard fan of the Alien franchise, there is no way that you will be dissapointed with Aliens :Colonial Marines.

Graphics: The graphics are not as polished as some other first person shooters, but it is no way as bad as some of these other pricks are claiming. It is a good looking game.

Sound: The sound effects are absolutely awesome. You will wet your pants the first time you open fire with your pulse rifle. The music makes you feel like you are in the movie! And they have enlisted the original voice talent of Hicks, Hudson, Apone and Bishop!! Brilliant.

Gameplay: Brilliant. Aliens crawl on cellings, walls, out of vents and once you've despathed those, it goes deadly quite and all you can hear is the tense music and clicking of your motion tracker as you walk through locations from the movie, waiting for your next close encounter. Absolutely amazing.

Multiplayer: AWESOME!!! loads of fun. fully customisable marines and aliens. Awesome team base objective play.

I am a massive fan of the series and want to give the most honest review possible.

Negative points:

sometimes the A.I. can be a bit thick. taking cover where I can still see them or somtimes just stand there. I came across some glithes that maybe a brand new game shouldn't have. The aliens in multiplayer are really hard to use and may put alot of people off.

If you are a real die hard fan of the Alien franchise, you will be able to overlook these minor negative points and ultimately enjoy what is an awesome, fun experience in the world of Aliens.
    The very negative reviews are completely unfair.
  13. Feb 13, 2013
    An honest review. This game is a lot of fun to play. Is it perfect? No, not by a long shot. But if you have any love for the film series do yourself a favor and pick this game up. I am currently playing online Co-Op on Ultimate Badass, and I recommend you do the same. This play setting takes away your HUD and makes the Aliens more agressive and also makes their acid blood come into play. The multiplayer also is a great surprise, I bought the game for its CO-OP modes, but found that the multiplayer is a blast. Playing as a Marine is tense and exhilarating, having to rely on you're tracker to find incoming Aliens, their is no RADAR. It is really too bad how many people are slamming this game, and how many people really don't understand the essence of the Aliens franchise. Tight quarters, narrow pathways and a sense of being overwhelmed and out numbered. Like I said before, this is not a perfect game, but it is fun and would recommend this game to any Aliens fan. Expand
  14. Feb 12, 2013
    I got this game on Saturday, and must say, its not a top job considering the hype and years spent on this title. They could have nailed it with a little more effort/love. Having said that I love what I have played. Like most who will buy this title after the reviews, I love the 1st two Alien movies. The graphics are fitting for the scene and im yet to see any slow down or tearing (I've been looking). The sound and music are outstanding, the atmosphere equally. If I wasnt such a big fan of the franchise or I was looking for this to be the best game since sliced bread........I would have scored it at 5/10, but as it stands, im just loving the game as a jump in and play for what it is. A solid 8/10 from me, but thats just my opinion, but as it its my cash paying for the game.......that's all that counts I guess. Lol. Expand
  15. Feb 13, 2013
    Do not buy! The final game is NOT the same as in the footage shown pre-launch. But don't take my word for it, Google it!

Very disappointed and want my money back.
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    Unfortunately I think the expectation level for this game will be its undoing. I am indeed a huge Alien Aliens fan and could not wait for this game. Having been so dissapointed with previous efforts I had lost all hope of playing a decent Aliens based game. I read various consumer reviews and today the first few critic reviews my heart sank. Could it really be that bad It would have to be near impossible to play if reviews were to be believed, a total shambles of a game Well, although my enthusiasm had been dampened a little to say the least, I still got a rush of excitement when I got home this morning to find I had received my PS3 copy. I loaded the game up and ok the graphics are nothing to write home about but the music takes over, the Aliens logo comes into view and it works. I feel like a kid again. My excitement to play the game is back The story for me is actually ok, it does a job. For me, the most important part of this game is the overall look, the atmosphere and the sound and for me it says ALIENS. The music is superb. Aliens through and through, brilliant in fact. The weapon sounds are spot on. The Alien models themselves have received a lot of bad press for their A.I. and animation. I actually think they are great until they stand. The way they move seems realistic, the way they crawl along walls and ceilings mean you have to constantly check in all directions, it keeps you on your toes and as such keeps the tension up. The atmosphere is all created by the lighting. Various warning lights, broken ceiling lights swinging and casting shadows in the claustrophobic corridors and rooms really create a good tense Aliens feel to the game. There are many people saying the Aliens die too easily. Well try cranking the game up to a harder level. Simple. I really enjoyed playing through the game. It is for me, the best Aliens game ever. Anyone who disagrees is talking b******s. They seem to be bashing the game for not being the AAA title it should and could have been. Fair enough, we're all dissapointed its not a genre defining fps set in the Aliens world but don't go overboard and make out it's a s**t game. It's not by any means. If you like Alien Aliens then you'll love the game. If you dont then its probably an average shooter. I bought it because of the Aliens tie in and love it because of it. Rose tinted glasses Probably but I bought AVP and hated it because it did not convince me that I was in that world. This game does. I will be honest I wanted this game to be the original dead space but in the Alien s world. That would be truly amazing Expand
  17. Feb 12, 2013
    Its the worst game i have ever played in my life. Just plain awful, the graphics look like crap and also runs like crap. How did gearbox make something this bad yet borderlands is amazing and was in development for 5 years i just can't see how this is possible.
  18. Feb 12, 2013
    The game is just terrible: there is no sign of AI at all, graphics are very poor, difficultly is low and there is absolutely no tension going. I guess the biggest disappointment is that aliens are so dumb and harmless that they can only take down the player only if the player went to a toilet or to take a bite. It's nowhere near to AVP and AVP2, where aliens were really frighting, they could take down you in couple of hits even on easy level. I bought the game before reviews starting going out and this game is one of the worst games I played recently. The local co op is a disaster, game keeps throwing stupid bugs at you and graphics are even more terrible with a lot of freezes.
    Gearbox you did a very poor job and you can consider yourself as one of game makers that want to cut some easy money on fans.
  19. Feb 13, 2013
    I respect each that everyone has there own opinion. So with that in mind, this is my own.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is not a bad game, not by any means, if anything it only lacks focus of what it wants to be. It's a shooter, no doubt about that, and in my opinion a very solid one, the gameplay runs smoothly and shooting the xeno's is better than ever. I'll now delve a little deeper.

The story is what let's Colonial Marines down as it lacks focus and character progression, I won't go any deeper than that because I don't want to delve into spoiler's, all the player need's to know is that this game tells the tale of what happened in between Aliens and Alien 3 and will answer some of the unanswered question's you may of had. It's follows a group of Colonial Marines responding to a distress call form Dwayne Hicks from Aliens. They head to LV-426 and find the USS Sulaco in it's orbit which was reportedly moved. The rest of the game is set in motion when they find the Xenomorph infestation. It's a decent enough plot line but like I said it lacks focus on what story it wants to tell, it can't decide what it wants to focus on and that leads to what feel's like a rushed story which never stops to focus on one thing before it introduces another.

Aliens has a solid game in place, the Ranking system work's well and the customization of the games weapon's is fairly deep and rewarding for the most part. The ranking system spans 60 levels across both the Story and Multiplayer which in my eyes is how a single player ranking should work because it gives the casual player a chance to rank up without playing a whole lot of multiplayer. The multiplayer also gives the player the chance to play as the Xenomorphs which also has it's separate ranking system which I believe also spans up to 60 but unlike the single player can only be achieved in MP. The MP also has a deep Character customization for both the Marines and Xenomorphs, which you can create your own unique Marine and Xenomorph, which you unlock parts for while ranking up and completing story and multiplayer challenges. The multiplayer has 4 modes: Team Deathmatch, Elimination, Escape and Survivor. The modes span across multiple maps that allow for varied gameplay for both Marines and Xenomorphs. The Xenomorph’s can seem underpowered against the marines but if you manage to get the drop on them they will go down quick and easy. It's a decent enough multiplayer, which you can have fun on if you enjoyed the single player. On the gameplay side Aliens runs like a typical FPS, you can do most things an FPS does, shoot, aim down sight, duck into cover, throw grenades and all that jazz. If you've played an FPS before you know what to expect. The A.I on the other hand, is another matter, this is where Aliens lacks again. They shoot Xenomorphs well enough but other than that, they are un-killable stand in's that only offer to open doors that the player cannot open themselves, the Alien A.I fairs a little better by acting basically how a Xenomorph would. They'll crawl around the walls jump out of vents and try and get you from the back, they will however, just run right at you like mindless beasts which, as we've seen from the movies, is not the case, they are suposed to always attack from the shadows, but hey ho, can't do much about that. Then there is the Weyland-Yutani PMC soldiers, who...do not fair any better, they will be dead accurate when they want to be but during that time they will just be standing in the line of fire, which is a little unrealistic.

The last main topic I am going to touch on is the Graphics. The graphics are a little old school but it looks like the world James Cameron created, it looks like you are back in Hadley's Hope, The Sulaco and on LV-426. The environments look the part, which is obviously what Gearbox set out to do. The character models look decent enough, the Xenomorphs look like Xenomorphs. The one thing that bugs me is that the lip sinking is not great and really noticeable in the Pre-rendered cut scenes. An odd choice is that your A.I companions don't exist in-game, quite literally, you can walk right through your A.I companion 's which is rather odd, I'm glad they put in no colide but to walk right through them is just plain strange. In the end the graphics may be a little out dated but as a gamer I know that it's the story and gameplay and story that matters. Even if Aliens may lack some of that.

In all Aliens: Colonial Marines is a solid shooter that I still unsure of what it wants to be, It's a solid shooter with a less than perfect story that lacks focus. If you're a fan of Aliens I think you may enjoy that's being offered here, it's a chance to see what happened in between Aliens and Alien 3. If you are a FPS fan and are looking for a good shooter with solid and fun gameplay, load up your pulse rifle and give this a shot. But if you want an Aliens game with a deep and enriching story, it's game over man, game over.
  20. Feb 13, 2013
    Terribad!! Don't be fooled by the marketing of the Gearbox name. When publishers and as a result, developers position to the least common denominator (crappy consoles) this pile of feces is what we get. For a visual and step by step representation of the utter dishonesty of "in game footage" during development, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6lGXDM3LGnk

Do yourself a favor.
    Don't spend $60 for this game. It is worth $15 on a steam sale at best. Expand
  21. Feb 12, 2013
    What the hell have they done? Dubstep and "lets aim for the title of the biggest mother**** in the universe HURR YEAH" in an ALIEN game, seriously? Gearbox butchered the franchise trying to pander to god know who when its only obvious that this piece of garbage has nothing to do with with ALIEN universe at all except featuring xenomorphs. Not even gonna mention terrible graphics and gameplay because it's only obvious when you try to make a piece of and hope "gamerz" will gobble it up like another Cowadoodie part.
    The previous game in Alien universe, "Alien vs Predator" was extremely mediocre but this is taking it to a whole new level.
  22. Feb 14, 2013
    After reading the negative press, the majority of it is fair and the rest of it is B.S. to put it blunt this is a 6 or 7 game nothing less and nothing more. The highlight of the experience is multiplayer and the saving grace which I will get to last. First of all this is a AVERAGE shooter that does nothing to standout while taking zero chances which is a disappointment considering the source material. You would expect from an ALIENS titled game to have suspense, scares, tension and sadly none of that is there. What you get is a linear action movie set experience with a narrative that unfortunately raises more questions than it answers. The good in singleplayer and all throughout the game is the Aliens atmosphere. This game sounds 100% like the movie from the guns, music and original actors. Also worthy of a mention are the fantastic settings that seem like they were ripped right out of the movie and that goes for both offline and multiplayer levels. I would also like to mention the weapons and gadgets you use are fantastic and an Alien fans dream. So while it may look and sound like an Aliens movie thats where it ends. As previously mentioned the storyline just flatout sucks. I wont get into the story maybe you would like it but to me it was very disappointing considering how long they had on this project. To make singleplayer even worse are the AI that are so poorly programmed that you would think they came straight out of 1986! This is not a challenging game at all due to the AI behavior even on the hardest setting you can breeze through this. Graphics are also a major problem in all aspects of the game. One moment you can be looking at some eye candy and the very next see textures that look almost as if they were created in a kindergarten class by two year olds. Finally there are a quite a bit of glitches you will find the majority of which for me occur with the games animation system, im talking very awkward movements occasionally. Now its a real shame that almost every review I have read neglects the multiplayer mode. Online play is FUN! I cant stress it enough, the games competitive modes simply work and are a blast to play. Not to mention the DEEP customization options that are offered are unparalleled in any other shooter currently released. Nothing like customizing my marine from head to toe with the gear I want him to wear and then customize his guns with alot of nerdy Alien tech gear! Aside from the Marine gameplay you have the main selling point for multiplayer when you play as a killing machine, the Aliens. Nothing comes close to stalking a group of marines from the roof, leaping onto the floor and wrecking havoc. There are only two flaws which need to be fixed for the multiplayer modes. The first would be the lack of any kind of host migration, if you kill the host to many times if he quits out match is over. Secondly the up and down graphics transition to multiplayer but for the most part are better however there is one level in particular that looks so so bad until you roam around the map and load all the textures in up close. Honestly there is a decent amount of lag as well online and could be match killing depending on the host. In closing Aliens suffers from trying to please the mainstream to much, if only it would have stuck to its hardcore fans we would have the ideal Aliens game... hopefully we can get a proper sequel to this game and the Aliens franchise if gearbox/sega do not get dumped. Expand
  23. Feb 12, 2013
    Pure brilliance in this game. Multiplayer is extra-ordinary. Sure singleplayer isn't that great but nothing can be perfect. For those people complaining about the graphics i think they need to get their eyes checked.
  24. Feb 12, 2013
    Game is pretty awesome if you like aliens and left for dead. Hard to get used to but once you do it's worth it.
    The one thing I will say is the graphics and glitches could be dealt with a little better.
  25. Feb 13, 2013
    I gave this game a 9, not because its a better FPS than titles such as MW3 or BF3 but because its a fun, involving game experience, that succeeds in recreating the atmosphere of the original film. Reviews on this game I read years ago, told how it would be a strategy/FPS where you would prepare the facility for the alien night onslaught much like in the film (which sounded great). From what I have seen so far, this is not that game. In truth the graphics are not where they should be for a title that has been this long in development or for one being released this late in the life-cycle for PS3. But letting go of the expectations, what Gearbox has achieved is a really great game experience that faithfully reproduces the sense of claustrophobia and tension of the original two aliens films. It has great characters, voice acting and environments that are also true to the original films. If like me, you have been waiting over 20 years for a competent sequel to Aliens, then in my opinion, its finally here. Expand
  26. Feb 13, 2013
    I ALSO just registered to leave my first score here... The first thing I am disappointed is that Steam doesn't do refunds... £29.99 months of anticipation and what do we get....?! THIS?? Did they mix the beta files with the supposed "final release" or what the hell happened?!
    The rest of comments build a proper picture of what this game is really like.
    I just went on it's facebook page
    and it is full of dissatisfaction as well. Some people defending it for SOME reason, but they can't be the fanboys right..?
    Like all of us who have bought this crap, I just feel insulted and very disrespected as a customer/gamer/Aliens fan.
  27. Feb 14, 2013
    The game had its ups and downs. The graphics weren't that great. I would say for taking a long time to create this game was good, but they didn't make it a game were we could stand up and applaud. Their was twitches in the game. They shouldn't of added when you fight he humans that sucked. Another thing I probably would of enjoyed it more if they didn't even make this game. So if anybody wants this game then probably don't buy this game it was dumb. The storyline to this was horrible to. Expand
  28. Feb 18, 2013
    Its funny this guys say bla bla graphics old...crysis 2 its more or less recent and have history not mencion borring game, not to say any play doom 3,halo,half life say omg they take ideas from all and do crysis...Game need be score for HISTORY,GRAPHIC,SOUND AND GAMEPLAY this is for all need learn before say a score im say that to magazines to.
    History 9
    Graphic 7
    Sound 9
    Gameplay

This game its not for fan it for people like FPS,love fun and...im in time start with atari and spectrum not like this noobs play playstacion II and quad core pcs think know all about games and put because of graphics low low score and this is not fair.
  29. Feb 12, 2013
    The previews looked really good but honestly the gameplay is horrible and the plot is embarrassingly dumbed-down. Also, the graphics only look good in the advertising. There are tons of glitches. The coop is actually okay but that's about it.
  30. Feb 15, 2013
    Who decided this was a good idea? It wasn't. Terrible graphics, check. Boring story, check. Lame sound, check. DLC that should have been part of the whole game, check. Skip this.
  31. Feb 12, 2013
    Multiplayer have a lot fun! atmospheric, legendary sci-fi action for fans of old-school first person shooters,
    little scares but this is not a horror game!!!! The graphics are good but i felt the graphics could have been pushed more to its limits also the textures lightly impact some areas of the campaign
  32. Feb 14, 2013
    Campaign: Not worth to mention: Broken AI. Story is illogical garbge. It's running in circles and shoot aliens. Let's move to the Multiplayer: Matchmaking: No dedicated Servers. "Host leaved the game" every few minutes. Not much more to say Feeling: (Alien) Switching to the third person view may be a good descision for making gameplay more smooth, but the lack of proper animations and the fact that the alien moves like your put a stick up his and now pulling some strings absolutly ruins it. Feeling: (Marine) It's ok. I'm missing some kind of distant radio. I had a guy with his micro not muted and i could hear the dampened gunfire while catching up with the group. It was actually pretty cool. Otherwise the game lacks a proper envoirement sound set. If you spawn after death somewhere you can't hear nothing. It's so peaceful, you may settle down and have a picnic with a nearby spitter. Also the guns feel somehow cheap, like made out of lego bricks. To be honest all the models feel like i bought a 14,99 Indie game. Maps: The maps i played so far are uther rubbish. Sorry envoirement artist and level designers, but did you play your maps once? There's no tatic. It's just "find the best spot to sit on" and stay there and shooting the aliens coming from two directions. Forget vents, they're placed almost randomly without strategic purpose. Season Pass: You expect me to pay 30 bucks for you to maybe fix this, really? There are some things cool about this game but it doesnt compensate the games overall cheap feeling and bad, bad, bad, BAD map design. Just my personal opinion on this. Expand
  33. Feb 14, 2013
    Biboran should read instead of to play this Ansha Abdul forward for Abduloverovaniye! The unique ray of light is Biboran. Biboran National force public authority release from all this nasty thing, truth! The good will win! Right on it we will surely win against our business! Our force in the Truth in Good! Instead of in Abdulov's penalty which always awakes to go! That's it we Good we live justice!
    We Abdulovtsa the best sons from Abdulov
    REMEMBER IT!
    Both speak and you are proud of that that Abdulovets!
    Do good Ansha Abdul!
  34. Feb 15, 2013
    This is by no means the terrible game others would have you believe, and just goes to show how spoiled we are as gamers. This is a solid game that can be a lot of fun solo, co-op, or versus if you overlook an uninspired storyline and somewhat dated textures and animations. I dont understand the vitriolic, often mean-spirited reviews for what is essentially an unpolished gem, and I have been enjoying running around with customized weapons in environments true to the films. Their are plenty of genuinely thrilling and even scary moments and even without the top of the line graphics it is not "ugly" by any means. Clearly this was lovingly crafted by gearbox and I think they have every right to be proud of a video game that is fun to play despite its inconsistencies and missteps. I think most people are reviewing this game based on what it isn't and what they wanted it to be.. as a lifetime gamer and fan of the franchise I was slightly disappointed, but still found a great deal to enjoy in ACM and if you think you might too please don't let the negative reviews scare you away. I signed up for metacritic just because I dont think this game is being treated fairly and honestly I believe a lot of bloggers and even legitimate reviewers are jumping on the bandwagon and picking apart everything bad about the game without giving credit to all the good fun and tense moments, thanks to great sound design, decent voice acting for an admittedly underwhelming storyline, a nice arsenal that you can constantly earn upgrades for, and the chance to play in an Aliens video game theme park. Vastly superior to the most recent Aliens vs. Predator game, and definitely worth a play if you even think you might like it. Don't be chased away by reviewers trying to drop their cleverest glib one-liner based on quotes from the film, if you wanna have fun playing Aliens: Colonial Marines, you will. Expand
  35. Feb 17, 2013
    While the Aliens franchise tends to play it safe, Timegate was especially brave with its shepherding of the Aliens brand with Aliens: Colonial Marines. Including its patented co-op mode along with multi-player and other hidden goodies, it wasn’t afraid to break the mold of the traditional sci-fi shooters. Now it’s taking a step further, but is this journey into the unknown worthy of the Aliens name?

At certain points you’re asked to make some tough decisions, and these choices have huge consequences. Characters live or die and each decision comes with heavy ramifications that you will only realize later, and this unpredictability combined with an already-arresting base story will keep you guessing until the end. There are many different endings, and you’ll have to play it multiple times to see every possible story arc and conclusion.

A branching story dictates that the campaign structure is at least somewhat flexible, and this is accomplished via in-mission decision making and the brand new rank levels. At certain points you’re given a choice of which direction to go, and each path leads to a completely different scenario. The paths ultimately reconnect, but it adds some latitude and replayability.

The level design stays true to the Aliens formula. Tightly-controlled corridor sections give way to massive, open battlefields that give you some room to maneuver. In a series first, you’re also able to choose your loadout before each mission, allowing you to build a relationship with your favorite armaments.
  36. Jun 20, 2013
    Aliens: Colonial Marines............ah.................I liked my experience playing it. I don't know, the weapons reminded me of the movies and the models of the Xenomorphs are quite accurate. Also, I loved playing co-op with my friends, even with the glitches taking effect (it might have actually made it more enjoyable.) This game, it's not a good game. But it is VERY nostalgic. The environments are nice, actually quite beautiful on the PC version. But the paper thin story and HORRIBLE voice acting does infuriate me. Not to mention the terrible animations. Xenomorph gameplay is quite satisfying, however. I'm going to say it: this game is below sub-par, but just above bad. This game is like the Forbidden Fruit of the gaming community. You'll have a decent experience but will be shamed. SHAMED!!! Expand
  37. Feb 13, 2013
    This is my single player review of Aliens: Colonial Marines. First off I had high expectations for this adaptation of this great franchise Aliens. For me this game fell short of a acceptable pass. Graphics needed more time to be polished although most of the game takes place in dark mist rooms/areas. Storyline has a simple take to it as does the movies so no big surprise. Voice acting could have been better (mouths don't resemble words coming out of mouth). Characters are unknown and really don't make me fall in love with any of them. Might have been better if they used character from previous movies. The positives are: I love the motion scanner for a gadget, weapons sound authentic, new type of Aliens, if you like rankings this game has it and creepy atmospheres. Another reason for me not to get excited for FPS. Maybe the game license to this franchise needs to be changed for a better result. Expand
  38. Feb 13, 2013
    TRUTH SEEKERS MUST READ--------
    I usually only play a campaign once (I'm not easily enough amused to allow another unless it has branching story lines/character customization such as an RPG) and I enjoyed this one. I would probably want a friend and a few beers if I was to enjoy occasionally play through it again, easily enough since it allows you to fully coop the campaign split screen
    or online.

There are some negatives...The story isnt going to blow anyone's hair back, it has a pretty straight forward delivery that is not quite the circus showmanship that the "what about the story" buffs gravitate to. The graphics look like they are 4 years old and there is not a whole bunch of John Woo/Michael Bay type sliding/double jumping/bullet time fancy effects...It is however dark and moody, so such things would ruin the gritty atmosphere and grim action/horror that the game succeeds at, despite the occasional clipping graphics. I can see how single player buffs that ignore multiplayer and just fanboy out on the campaign and presentation, playing it over and over again collecting every little speck of dust hiding behind a urinal, might ho hum, then turn their nose up.

I watched the Alien movies and enjoyed them, especially the first two, which probably adds to the enjoyment as they provide additional context to the story throughout the game's numerous tie-ins during the campaign, so my view of the single player experience might be a bit more positive than those who haven't, but, what so many people, including IGN seem to be completely failing to realize is that...

This game's multiplayer is COMPLETELY FREAKING AWESOME and is really the main course of the meal here. Scoring this game based soley upon its single player experience is a crime because it is the most fun, unique, and actually team work oriented multiplayer game I have played since the Left 4 Dead games. I will be honest, I was turned off a bit by the reviews myself, so I cautiously gave this a test rent. I have been addicted ever since it slid into my disc drive (and that RARELY happens to me). I am buying it tomorrow and I whole heartedly recommend it to all Alien buffs and/OR multiplayer fans.

I would offically say the camaign is a 6.5 and the multiplayer is a 9.
  39. Feb 15, 2013
    Yea, yea, yea. Same Aliens game but this one is absolutely a huge blow to fans of the Aliens movies. I thought this was going to be a decent shooting game, but after I saw the bad reviews, no way I won't have to go to GameStop and spend much money to put this in the bargain bin. Colonial Marines, one of the 2013 terrible games just like WarZ that needs to get a bull hammer. I bet Wade Barrett could use his move and smash this game into bits. Expand
  40. Feb 27, 2013
    I'm glad I rented this game, because Gearbox were lazy jerking off while making this game. This game took like what? Under 5 years to make?!?! So, the gameplay is just bland as hell and the hitmarkers are just weird. The storyline takes place after the movie "Aliens" and it's an ok storyline to take place after Aliens (the movie) The graphics, oh gosh, the graphics are like playing a Wii game on a PS3 System, Seriously?!?!?! 2013 and developers are this lazy?!?! The game is also buggy as hell, and is just really terrible. But with the customization with guns, attachments and more can make the gun whatever you want so that's nice what Gearbox did. The multiplayer is decent, you have TDM, Extermination, Survivor and Escape. You can pick Xeno's between Solider, Spitter and Lurker. The multiplayer is actually fun and can make you rage a bit, but it's actually better then Campaign. So, what I think about this game is about a 2/10. Expand
  41. Feb 25, 2013
    I wasted $60 of my hard earn money and 30 mins of my life.I was expecting this game for many years so it comes up with such a great disappointment. The kills don't look realistic, there are motion glitches on the aliens, repetitive game play, terrible multiplayer system. The thing i enjoyed was a big alien startling me and being cautious at the sewers, of course reviving the places of the movie; but after that, its predecessor aliens vs predator, its way much better than this huge mistake that will sink the aliens franchise Expand
  42. Feb 12, 2013
    As a Alien fan i loved this nostalgic ride but as a gamer i felt the game could have strongly done with some more time and i feel Gearbox had really rushed the final process of this game, i just hoped it didn't end up like Duke Nukem Forever. The ideas were all there on the table but they came up short big time in some key areas especially for any gamer new to the Alien Franchise. The pros for this game is easily the nostalgic vibes sent through the whole game which will easily capture the attention of most Alien fans from the remastered score to the precise duplicate of sound effects from the original Alien movie inserted into the game. The plot kept its consistency throughout most of the game besides the end and characters kept their dialogues sharp with witty humor and macho rants also i felt the characters were nicely developed but lacked a bit of depth. As for the cons well A:CM sure didn't break barriers, it delivered what it promised which was a Alien experience but it fell short in some big areas. The moments that should have defined Aliens felt extremely short and forced, one major being the difficulty of killing a Xeno, it is much too easy and it sure took away a lot of fear momentum throughout the game. They surprise us with cheap scares but fail to keep the fear alive throughout the game because of how mediocre the AI was built and how easily they can be killed. The graphics are not too bad but i felt the graphics could have been pushed more to its limits also the textures lightly impact some areas of the campaign. As for Multiplayer, its fun but even better with friends, controlling a Xeno can be difficult at times but is extremely fun when you get the hang of it all in a game mode called Escape, i feel the Multiplayer does give the game a more positive outlook but the match making can be really annoying at time. So here's my final statement for anyone reading, its a decent game for Casual gamers a definite disappointment for faddish gamers and a great game for Alien fans. Expand
  43. Mar 25, 2013
    It's a real shame about this game. We all wanted a cool Aliens game. We didn't get one Simple. Characters are dull and unrealistic. The story slides along at a horrible pace, and the gameplay is so repetitive you may as well watch it on a video. The interesting thing about this though, is that the main complaint about this game is the graphics being severely outdated. Although I feel this is the games only standing point. The lighting is used in such a way that makes you feel 'alone in the dark' if you will. You really get some intense moments, but unfortunately you are always taken out of that stress filled experience by some other sloppy piece of game design. So you never really get that full package at any point in the game. I find myself going back to this one, even after I've finished the campaign and played a hefty amount of multiplayer because it really is the only playable Aliens game out there. Which is sad because it was so disappointing. This game has been floating around the developer world for years and the amount of companies that had their hand on this, it turns out Gearbox hardly made a damn thing. So to Gearbox, we have faith in your game making ability still, but you lose -5 respect points for splashing your name over the box. As you did with Duke Nukem Forever. This game as a whole is around a technical achievement of 5, but as for the asking price of 90 bucks and the terrible lies with the tech demo... I'd have to say 4/10 Expand
  44. Feb 23, 2013
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best graphics and gameplay i have ever seen on a console and pc to! All of my friends have say at me just: just one word: Epic! I can not belive why people say,t this masterpiece game is to hard for me and they have fear because the horror scenes are verry verry strong! [for most people to strong] Gearbox I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THIS GAME! GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!! I This is a game that we never forget and i hope the mp life forever! Epic! Expand
  45. Feb 15, 2013
    I am shocked how this game ended up after 6 years of waiting for a good aliens game, the game is a goddamn travesty the campaign is half assed,buggy and glitchy gameplay,Only 4 HOURS! and the Xenomorphs don't lurk around corners or jump at you to surprise you either instead they run at you out in the OPEN! alot of the missions include shooting humans in an aliens game seriously a huge waste of time and hype the only good thing about the game is the sound effects,multiplayer average,and awesome environments,dated graphics especially on the consoles, the E3 gameplay in 2011 looked amazing it made me so excited aliens moved like aliens graphics weren't untextured i would rather play that rather then this. i am also a huge aliens fan it's my favorite sci-fi to date i always wanted to know what it would feel like to play an aliens game with your friends trying to survive and having fun, This game has none of those elements at ALL! overall the game is a huge mess don't buy this game stay far away especially if you're a fan this game deserves a 4/10 Collapse
  46. Feb 16, 2013
    They cut out a part of the single player and are selling it to you as dlc even though you already bought the $60 game.. Rent it like I did if you really must play; You'll understand soon enough.
  47. May 28, 2013
    IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY; STAY AWAY. IF YOU ARE A DIE HARD FAN OF THE FRANCHISE; STAY FAR AWAY. EVEN BORROWING IT FROM SOMEBODY WILL MAKE YOU FEEL CHEATED, I KNOW I DID. THE ONLINE/OFFLINE MULTILAYER IS THE ONLY FUN YOU WILL GET, AND THE CAMPAIGN CO-OP WITH A FRIEND CAN BARELY SOFTEN THE PAIN YOU WILL INFLICT ON YOURSELF FOR GOING THROUGH THIS ATROCITY CALLED A STORY.
  48. Mar 7, 2013
    I won't waste time retreading the same ground everyone else and point out one simple fact, it's made by Gearbox.

Gearbox is and always has been a mediocre game developer. Their big claim to fame is borderlands which is essentially if you put world of warcrafts boring quest system into a wasteland, put it in first person mode, then tout how it has millions of guns but the fact is 1 out
    of 10,000 are actually an upgrade (repainting the same crummy pistol 5,000 times doesn't make 5,000 different guns) and finally start pimping DLC for the game before it even releases and then keep releasing more to nickel and dime your customers to death by turning a 60 dollar turd into a 100 dollar turd. They also made duke nukem forever which as we all know is a giant steaming pile of you know what and is a god awful abortion from start to finish. The best games they actually made were the brothers in arms games which aren't as terrible as those other two games but its still incredibly sterile, generic and uninspired. BIA is your basic mediocre WW2 shooter and nothing else. They have a few other games under their belt but they are all titles no one really cares about and faded into obscurity as soon as they were released. Bottom line is Gearbox is a terrible game maker and this is a terrible game.

Now for a quickie about colonial marines.

The story is nothing short of fan fiction written by someone who cannot write but still posts to their blog and believes themselves to be a great writer. It's kind of like how a young girl will take pictures of furniture sitting in a shadow in black and white and then think they are really deep and brooding for taking such artistic photographs when in fact it's just garbage. They tried to wink at the fans so hard their eyes have fallen out because of it. Everything about it feels very amateur, boring and forced. It feels more like they did a sci-fi channel original aliens movie, or something that went direct to video.

The game is buggy as you can get. I've flown out the side of things and floated high in the air stuck. I've had allies that would stick in walls. Hell I found out in section you were supposed to be stealthy starting out and I just ran past every alien and once I passed them they forgot about me and I finished a level without firing a shot. I see environmental objects get stuck in things and so on.

All the pretty and cool looking screenshots and videos I've been seeing for over a year from now weren't from the same game they released. You can easily find comparison videos showing the game released looks just awful compared to the "in game footage" they showed in the past.

Multiplayer is very sterile and pretty much what you'd expect. It's so boring in fact that multiplayer will be a ghost town in 2 months.

The game play its pretty much call of duty. It's just a mix of "it's the last stand....again" and "quick run through fast as you can" with some boring corridor stalking in between.

I could go into great depth, I could go on and on naming other things I didn't like but you can read other Amazon reviews and see exactly what I've got to say.

So really if you must play this, wait till its 10 dollars. Trust me it won't take very long before it gets there. And next time, don't pay full price for a Gearbox title.
  49. Feb 16, 2013
    Do you really readind reviews like this The critics are getting PAID Try the f*cking game and if you like it buy it P.S. Its not a bad game its around 5-6/10
  50. Feb 18, 2013
    I'm a independent reviewer, and I was sooooooooooo hyped for this. So much potential. How the hell do you manage to mess this up? The previous game was a average game, wouldn't they learn from mistakes there, but obviously not. Whats the biggest thing? There is a whopping, 3 missions with aliens in. WHAT THE The rest is fighting against some humans, I understand why you fight them, but damn isn't this a "ALIENS" game? This has become a generic first person shooter, why? This is just like my drinks, I wouldn't want coke in my orange juice, just like I don't want my CoD/BF3 mixed with my Aliens. Another criticism is the damn smart gun. Just as iconic as the Pulse Rifle, this should have been, the badass weapon hidden in the game in each mission, but no, get this guys, the Smart Gun is in the game for a total 15 minutes. Whipee. Although there is a positive side like the awesome collectibles like the marines special weapons, and the game looks Meh, its got slightly above graphics, with exceptions with particles and the damn alien spawners, they have no texture. The game has INSULTING A.I as aliens will walk by and sometimes just watch you like "Don't give a So this brings me to a verdict, this game lands a 4/10 which is below average. I will list these reasons.
    Positive
    ======
    - Game looks good, with exceptions
    - Some good moments, like running from a alien unarmed.
    - Easy to get used to controls.
    - Collectibles
    Negative
    =======
    - Dumbest A.I since Daikatana.
    - 15 minutes of the smartgun?!?
    - Useless allies, (See negative 1)
    - %95 of the game is a generic FPS.
    - Human enemys? In Aliens?!?
    - No replayability.
    - I dread playing this when not with a friend in coop.
    - Boring gameplay
    - Dated paticles.
    - No textures on some surfaces?
    - Wait he's alive? (Weird plot twist)
    - Let me revive him! Get out the way!! (See negative 3_ Frank Signing off
  51. Feb 18, 2013
    A really poor game, the graphics look like a PS3 game, the Aliens are not in the least bit scary..spending most of the time derping about all over the place.
  52. Feb 19, 2013
    Let’s start off with the mechanics of the game. A:CM is your typical F.P.S which any veteran player can get used to real quick. The game itself has a simplified custom system which pays homage to the 80′s classic movie, however you would think there would have been some slight adjustments to make it a more smooth combat system. In campaign when using the D-pad, you can switch between weapons and flash light. Since this is campaign I would of assumed they gave you a better melee for xenomorphs other than using your fist. However that came to light as to why when you have to face off against enemies. The whole game is treated as if you are in multi-player since it is a drop in/drop out co-op game with a score streak that can be displayed when you hit select or back button depending on the system you are on. The atmosphere of the horrific scenes against the Xenomorphs is amazing and definitely gives you chilling feeling as your motion radar pings to something nearby. The problem is that once you achieve that quick scare the Alien enemies do not give you that much of a challenge. It takes an even bigger hit once the game brings in the humanoid threat of the corporation or what I see it as, “The rival baseball team” to combat against. They are entirely stupid compared to the xenomorphs as one stood in front of cover that was not proper cover or standing on the edge of a corner believing they were covered. I figured I up the difficulty to see if they would improve, but all it caused were weird kamikaze situations. It was as if I was fighting a horde of Leeroy Jenkins at one point.

In the end Gearbox what were you thinking? I mean granted this game does make a good, not great fan service to those that loved the movies. However it was poorly executed and you take away the thrill of being hunted too soon in the game. In a video game the possibilities of “Sh*t can happen” is unlimited. I expected some serious frightening things to go on and what is worse is the final boss fight that really gave us a big middle finger with a “Na Na Na Na, you brought our game!” kind of taunt at the end. Aliens: Colonial Marines is a serious PASS for me and at $65.31, it is a true slap to the face. I would wait for this to drop at $20 or even rent it just to try out it. If you are a fan more power to yea, but this fan was not impressed.

Thank you all for checking out this review and if you are still interested, Aliens: Colonial Marines is out now for mutli-platforms, but buy with caution. Trade in value is only $23 bucks, so wait for it to be used and take it back once you are done. Stay frosty gamers!
  53. Feb 23, 2013
    Everything about this game is terrible can't even start with it I seriously think the creator didn't even try to make this game good by far the worst game I have ever played.
  54. Mar 9, 2013
    Introduction: The Alien franchise has been seen as a classic horror movie in our generation. Whether you have seen the original "Alien" and "Aliens" movies or not, these movies are one of the original and one of the best horror movies ever created about aliens. With that being said, the games have never lived up to the hype of the movies. That was until Aliens: Colonial Marines was announced to officially be released in February. The game had been on development since 2001 and hopes for a fun action/survival horror were high for this game. Unfortunately, Aliens: Colonial Marines become another Duke Nukem Forever.*

Presentation: Although the original ideas for Aliens was clever and entertaining thoughts, the finished product was much less creative then we originally had hoped for. The story seemed simple enough but also seemed like you had to know a lot about the movies themselves to understand the game. I have seen Alien but never the second movie, Aliens. Because of this, I had difficulty understanding some of the story. The game should have been able to tell its story well enough that you wouldn't need to watch the movies the understand the game fully. For the most part, the story was understandable but it wasn't anything special and it was presented in a way in which everything was expected. Even surprises the company thought were good were ridiculous. 5/10

Graphics: The graphics in Aliens: Colonial Marines were good. They were no where close to great but the graphics were good enough. The biggest issue with the games graphics came from glitches, lag and frame rate issues. Many things in the environment would turn extremely plain at random points. The detail would disappear and the ground would look like a gray blob of matter. The character design was terrible as well. Most of the characters looked completely idiotic. The games graphics would have been good enough to get a 6/10 as it was but the games many graphical issues makes its lower. 4/10

Sound: The music for the game was authentic. According to many, the music itself was one of the games only good features. Apparently the music matched well with the movie music and some of it was cool. At other times, I believed the music sucked. Regardless, the voice actors/actresses of the game sucked. The crappy one liners and horrible casualness made the characters completely unlikable (This is partly do to terrible writing on the writers part). Not one of the voice actors were good. All seemed to be forced. 5/10

Gameplay: The gameplay itself was not unplayable. In fact, most of the time it operated like any First Person Shooter. The problem I had with the gameplay was the aiming issues throughout the game. The aiming made it to were many times you would have the sights on an enemy firing at them but it would still not hit the enemy. Besides this, the gameplay itself was just like any cliched fps. One thing worth praise was the weapon custimization idea. Although it could have been fleshed out more, I found it interesting to complete different challenges and gain more upgrades to make my guns more powerful. 6/10

Entertainment: The cliche shooter felt as if it continued to be a continues loop of the same level, save a couple interesting missions that had you run from giant aliens or had you move slowly and stand still in front of exploding aliens. The final boss battle was the most boring boss I have ever fought...literally. Every now and then (very rarely) I found myself having what seemed like fun but after half of the game, I found myself more excited for the game to get over then I was to play the game itself. Entertainment was very rare. 3/10

Replay Value: As a single player experience, this game is barely worth finishing. As a mulitplayer experience, the game seemed to do some things right. Although all I played was the single player, I have heard from different sources that the multiplayer seems entertaining for a day or two. This tells me that the replay value of the multiplayer is very little as well. HOWEVER there is said to be DLC coming for this game in 4 different packs. The DLC is said to add more to multiplayer and single player. With hopes that this will give the game a little more replay value, the final rating for replay is 3/10

Verdict: This game is easily forgettable and ultimately dumb. The developers could have done so much more with this game considering it was developed by Gearbox Software (Borderlands series) and published by Sega. The game seemed to do some things right but not enough to save this game from its failures. 4.3/10

Suggested Price: DO NOT SPEND OVER THE PRICE OF THE FIRST TWO MOVIES ON THIS GAME. YOU WILL GET MORE ENTERTAINMENT OUT OF EITHER OF THE FIRST TWO MOVIES THEN OUT OF THE WHOLE GAME COMBINED. SPEND $10 MAXIMUM ON THIS GAME OR RENT IT IF YOU ARE AN ALIEN(S) FAN. IF YOU AREN'T A FAN AND YOUR LOOKING FOR A GREAT GAME, AVOID THIS GAME.
  55. Mar 12, 2013
    I actually pre-ordered this game not expecting a whole lot from it. Ultimately that is what I got, I got something that didn't have a lot going for it beyond the Aliens license. When I first stepped into the game, I saw a brief glimmer of hope, for the game, as you put on your helmet and load your gun. It was at that moment that I do actually recall being my favorite moment in the game. Beyond this however sadly it is just another generic, buggy game that ultimately should have been canceled when it went silent for all that time.

One of the first things I noticed about the game after a brief moment were the dated graphics. I have never really been one to complain about graphics and that is not really my gripe, the game is running on an engine from 2008 after all. My gripe is however with the constant glitches I encountered throughout both the single and multiplayer campaigns. The most severe of these glitches was the pulse rifle that after the third level didn't work for the rest of the game. The gun literally didn't show up. Considering there are only four or five different guns in the entire game and the pulse rifle was one of three default weapons, the other two being a pistol and shotgun, which had little ammo. I was forced to suffer through the game without the iconic weapon which was also the best of the weapons they actually give you. I also encountered many other glitches like falling through the level forcing me to restart and also enemies that were stuck in the walls, among many other smaller glitches. I can forgive crappy graphics but for as long as this was in development I would expect a slightly more polished game. The story and characters were very forgettable falling into typical action hero cliches that get irritating very fast. I also noticed that the AI controlled characters seem to hate the walls in the game as they frequently turned to flip the walls off, perhaps there were aliens inside I don't know. Compared to the likable characters from the aliens movies this rag tag group of morons fails in comparison. In the couple of matches of multiplayer I played, was basically a bad copy of Left 4 Dead. You have a group of four marines, or a team of six or eight, depending on which game mode you play, versus player controlled special aliens much like Left 4 Dead. You have a spitter, cleverly call a spitter and a hunter like class as well as a couple of others that are relatively worthless. In short I was unimpressed with the multiplayer too. Ultimately this is not the worst game out there however it really isn't that great. Don't let the Aliens license fool you this is a straight up shooter, there is very little horror. I will give credit where credit is due though, the developers did clearly love aliens it was ultimately just due to poor development that the game fails had they taken the time to test the game fully then it would have just been a mediocre shooter, instead we have a glitch filled mediocre game that is quite honestly a piece of shovelware that will be quickly overshadowed by other, more deserving games.
  56. Mar 17, 2013
    Ok, so you want an Alien shooter right. That's why you bought the game. What you get is a very blocky and rushed finish to the first person shooter. What we need is a Battlefield 3 with Aliens, instead we get a Battlefield 2 with improved graphics. Its un-smooth and feels dated. SEGA have this habit of making a game, just not good enough. The online multiplayer feels low rez too, the Aliens which you get to play are only available in a 3rd person view, which ruined the experience of a (hang on??!!) FIRST person shooter. I felt it defiantly needed to be more like AvP for PS3, but better than that. It was supposed to be the ultimate shooter for Aliens... It was a flop. Like one of those games that comes out towards the end of a consoles life (expecting Playstation 4 next year) that's a last money grab opportunity. Very disappointed after spending £40 on it. Expand
  57. May 7, 2013
    WTF is this? Did Sega and Gearbox release a long lost PS1 title? The game play and graphics look and feels like it. This is without any doubt the worst game I have ever played on my PS3, not even my kids Hanna Montana is this bad. I wonder if this is made just to have Duke Nukem look fantastic.. My advice is, do NOT buy this game, not even if it's on sale for 1
  58. Jun 14, 2013
    never bought this game, I rented it instead. I thought Alien was suppose to be a scary series. This game wasn't scary, the only part where it was scary was when you had to be quite and if you made noise the aliens would come at you. The AI would get in your way and either not shoot, or not follow you. I had many times where the stupid AI would block me from getting by and not even shoot the aliens. The atmosphere for the game is there, but it just feels like they rushed this game because of the movie release. I new going in that this wasn't going to be a good game, that is why I rented it so I could see for myself. Do not buy this game, you probably will not be happy with it. If you simply must try it, then by all means rent the game. The only thing fun with this game is if you get out the beer and every time the AI does something stupid you have to drink. You will be very drunk, I suggest you buy a case of 48 just to be sure you wont lack any beers.. Expand
  59. May 25, 2013
    I waited 6 years for this game to come out and all I have to say is: WTF!!! Its almost as if Gearbox had no idea what the they were doing with game! Terrible story, A.I., graphics, and MP! This game is a complete disaster from beginning to end and Gearbox should have the kicked out of them for ruining one of the best franchises in history! this game!
  60. Aug 10, 2013
    Aliens! There is no way to that up. People don't listen to those bad reviews.
    Aliens: Colonial Marines might not look very well, but the atmosphere, sounds, weapons, customization, drop in, drop out co-op, background music, background views and the new xenos make this game good.

The game itself doesn't have very good characters nor a good story. The dark corridors and xeno sounds will
    make you stop and feel the shivers on your back as you approach the corner. The way xenos move and navigate has been improved and they are now more dangerous and creepy than ever. The way they jump out from somewhere makes you go "WTF! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!" and the way lurker xenos move behind you to attack is unexpected, because you are too busy fighting the soldier xenos that charge into you with deadly melee attacks and a lot of health.

The weapons that have been added to the game are original and amazing. They fit right in the Alien universe.

While characters might not be very interesting, the story is. It's not good, but it does keep you busy and you kinda start liking it until you get to the end.

The coop and multiplayer is easily the best thing in the game that makes it great. The customization is deep and good and it transfers from single player to multiplayer. You level up as a marine and a xeno and gain points which you can then use to purches different buffs for the xeno and different weapon attachments for the marines.

Despite people saying this game is bad I say it's good not because I think it has a good story, but simply because you can have a fun time playing the game. Some good scares, a few laughs and bada*s marines make this game good.

My final score is 7/10.
  61. Sep 17, 2013
    I am a huge Aliens fan but after seeing the reviews for this game I avoided the hell out of it and only picked it up when it was on sale on PSN for $9. Well Gear Box must have did some major patch work because what I played wasn't that bad. Now mind you it's still not a great game but it's not to bad I did enjoy it. Though it does if it's issues. First off graphically it looks very dated some thing I would expect from the first year of the PS3 Also why on earth I am fighting soldiers at ALL! Fighting the Aliens is great and a lot of fun especially in co op but fighting lame enemy soldiers in a Aliens game is not. Granted you do fight the aliens more but It should be all aliens and it would have been nicer for a bigger variety. Also the health system sucks When on the easiest settings you can die with in one second from a soldier is just whacked even if u have full health. The story isn't bad picking up 17 weeks after the movie needed and you will recognize some voices. The gun selection is great and spot on and upgrading your guns is also a nice touch. The sounds and music is spot on and gives it that aliens feel. The motion tracker kinda feels useless most of the time since u have to switch back and forth between that and your gun so I found my self rarely using it. The AI which I heard was a major problem in this game must have been fixed because the aliens are fairly good the soldiers how ever are dumb as a box of rocks. The battle with the queen alien also felt a little anticlimactic with you basically just doing button pressing. I mean come on I want to shoot her dead with my guns. The online though is good bit of fun with marines vs aliens and it switching up every match so you get a turn at each plus you get all kinds of upgrades and can unlock different alien types to play as. All in all Aliens CM isn't that bad since all the patching. I would say if you had my position and did not wAnt to touch the game Ny where near $60 when you heArd all the horror stories about it which I am sure they all were true when this game came out. I would say now is the time to give this game a chance. Expand
  62. Mar 11, 2013
    Whilst Aliens: Colonial Marines refuses to be anything more than a bog standard FPS, it's a serviceable one. Using Aliens' signature weaponry feels authentic, and there are slight moments of unease, especially when using the motion tracker. It's just a shame that the atmosphere feels watered down by dull-if-authentic environments and some very weak textures. In the end the failure of Aliens to stand apart in a swarming genre of familiarity, Aliens can't find room to create its own sense of enjoyment. Expand
  63. May 13, 2013
    Aliens: Colonial Marines is a disappointing game from Gearbox Software. There are some good things about this title however. The sound design and general art direction hits Jame's Cameron's masterpiece directly on the head. The game has been made with an obvious love of it's source material; there are a lot of little touches and references that will bring a smile to any Alien fans lips. Agonizingly, the few of the game's levels (most notably an unarmed stealth section and any mission that takes you through the alien derelict) are excellent and display potential that the game should've capitalized on. Unfortunately, Aliens: Colonial Marines is mired with faults. First are the famously bad graphics. More often than not, this looks like an upscaled PS2 game or a PS3 launch title at best. There is no excuse for such a shoddy looking game this late in a console generation. The plot is a complete disaster too. Considered cannon by 20th Century Fox, it's guaranteed to make any true Aliens fan groan with dissatisfaction. Jame's Cameron must be spinning in his grave... And he's not even dead! Worst of all, though, is the unbelievably bad A.I. Simply put, there is none. You can shoot an enemy in the groin and he won't make for cover. He'll just stand there like a dumb fence post. And as for the Alien queen! My experience of one boss battle was the queen just standing still in the center of the map, while I pumped every bit of ammo I had into her (ineffectually, I might add). She didn't attack or even move a muscle. What the hell?! So, don't expect good boss battles here, because you won't get them. The last piece in the Colonial Marines puzzle is the online multiplayer. The competitive options are actually really good fun. The graphics and A.I don't impact this portion of the game, and it's undoubtedly good fun to launch an alien across the map and maul off a marine's face. Likewise, it's fun to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with a buddy and stave off a bunch of aliens. Good fun, then. The story co-op makes for a decent time as well. All the faults of the single player are carried over, of course, but with a friend in tow they're less annoying. At the very least, you can laugh at that stupid alien queen together. So... Aliens: Colonial Marines. Fun in multiplayer or with a friend but VERY disappointing in single player. Expand
  64. Jun 16, 2013
    Not a great game, but still pretty fun. Was fairly short. Its worth playing if you're a fan of the franchise, seeing a game version of Lance Henrikson was awesome.
  65. Feb 19, 2013
    This has to be one of the most heartbreaking reviews I've ever written. But here goes. Aliens: Colonial Marines is average. It plays like a low-graphics Call of Duty with xenomorphs stitched onto it like a circus freak act. Single player should have been epic on a scale of the movie but detailed references here and there don't make up for a lazy, hashed campaign. Aliens sometimes just run at you on Hardened difficulty. What happenned to the promising and intelligent AI we were shown at E3? Multiplayer is the redeeming factor, otherwise I'd give this game a 3. Its damn fun to play as a xeno with three different character classes, and marines can be compulsive too. Pity that there is some SERIOUS lag going on in pretty much every game I played. It hurts me to say this, really it does. This game was so eagerly awaited by aliens fans such as myself, and it just freaking disappointed. Dont waste your money. Expand
  66. Jul 3, 2013
    I do honestly believe that, though this isn't a particularly good game (AT ALL), it isn't as bad as the people say. Though it isn't good, it's average at worst. I think that 3.3/10 is a little bit under expectations, and I think it's because people were expecting more from the game. I think people got over-excited, and as a result they are having a little bit more of a negative reaction. This is by NO MEANS a good game, but it isn't as bad as people say. Sure, the graphics are bad, there are some glitches, and O'Neal is a tosser, but apart from that it's nothing more than a rather generic science fiction FPS. Expand
  67. Feb 19, 2013
    this game is not good but why is evryone bashing tens of these kinda games have comeout and been mediocre this does not suck this is avrage at all corners the ps3 version is average and xbox version suks
  68. Apr 11, 2013
    If this game wasn't called Aliens colonial marines you could be tempted to leave it be and play something better. However.. This game IS called aliens colonial marines and is the licensed sequel to the movie aliens my personal all time favourite. So even with its multitude of glitches and frustrations I am giving the game a ten. Only because I want the franchise to continue. Having said that I would hope that developer gearbox never ever ever again gets their clumsy digits on a top shelf product. A better dev would have been ubisoft or activision god forbid perhaps even Bioware or the devil incarnate Ea. Anyone in fact just not Gearbox, their company slogan should be 'Gearbox, whatever goes in will get mangled beyond recognition'. Expand
  69. Feb 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Graphics: First off, Id say the game is pretty decent, the aliens look really good, the areas that were infested were very well done, and gave you that "gota keep looking over my shoulder" feeling, overall Id say the feel of it was pretty good, I did notice where some sections were repeated, such as one starewell that I found in both the ship portion, and in hadly's hope sections, but this was minor

Besides the odd bit off rendering lag when transitioning from one section to another, the game loaded fine, and didnt have any "Pop in" issues

Sound: Okay, the first time I pulled the trigger on the pulse rifle, it gave me chills, the first time I heard the aliens scream as I shot at em, gave me chills as well, voice acting quite well done besides like 2 points that seemed a bit forced, it was really well done, I like the minor touches, such as bringing in some of the original actors to do character voices

Gameplay: Game-play is pretty solid, it handles nicely, doesn't seem to be unresponsive or laggy, some of the quicktime events, what few there are (And thank god for that) don't seem to give you any response as to if your mashing your button enough, and some of the melee animations cause you to warp 5 feet forward, then warp you 5 feet back to where you were standing, overall, Iv seen allot worse, but I have seen a few do it slightly better.

Co-Op is a MUST for this game, playing solo is down right your AI companions don't do much, and sadly to say, are even worse than the Cow-A-Doody squad-mate AI at some points, I care not to recall how many times Id got for a grenade launcher shot, to have them step in-front of me, and make me blow myself up, it also helps to have 3 other guys freaking out with you which you get ambushed in a tight hallway.

I would have preferred it be less liniar, most of the time you can tell where the xenos are going to come from, thankfully not too many jump scares, all of like 3 exist in the game I noticed? I would have preferred a few more "Horde" style moments, where you sit and shoot baddies for a set time limit, now, while they do technically exist, most only last 30 seconds while you wait for a door, there no real 'last stand' moments, like what you saw in the movies, which was a real let down for me.

Finding the collectables is nice, but sadly you have to go into the Vs section to find out the collectables weapon stats, so its hard to know if Hudsons Pulse Rifle, is better than your Deffault, but upgraded with addons, Pulse Rifle.

Another gripe is that some of the weapons are one time use, the flamers you only get right at the end of the game, unless you use one of the under-sling ones on the burst rifle, the "Smart" gun, AKA the light machine gun, is only used on one level, and the collectable version can only be used in the level you find it at, near the end of the level, and by one person, I, sadly, never got to try it, as someone jacked it from me. :(

another downfall is that it doesn't have enough power loaded segments, only 2 exist in the game, one is literally just a "Open that door" segment, the other is more of an arena fight with a "tank" style zeno which lasted all of about 45 seconds for me? they could have put far more into the game.

Story: The store was fine, there were sections I thought would have been better maybe a bit later in the game, and I would have preferred a little more shooting at Aliens, and less at the rest of the things they throw at you, the story feels a bit short overall, some of the missions really don't seem to hold much story too them, you could literally cut out a good 1/3 of the levels and still have the story hold together relatively intact.

Iv heard some say it just ends, I do thing it ended pretty well, it was left rather open, most likely for DLC, and their season pass or whatever they're calling it, which is somewhat sad, they could have pumped far more story and single player missions into it.

Multiplayer:

The game does have 4 modes, TDM, "Left 4 dead" style, free for all I think? and one other, I tried it like once? didnt catch my interest, Im waiting more for their Horde Mode to come out in march, Id recommend giving it a try, but allot of stuff is "Unlockable" based in terms of equipment (Marines) or Evolutions (Aliens) which I can see becoming very unbalanced, Xenos seem pretty Overpowered right off the get go, and you have almost everything in terms of guns for the marines if you've played the Campaign all the way through

Sadly with my lack of playing it, I cant give a rating.

Consensus: slightly over-hyped, but not as bad as most of the vomit they put in game cases these days, I cant say strong ether way if I liked it or not, its kinda that muddy middle ground, My fan-boy liked it, my gamer was okay with it, my critic was a little disappointed
  70. Feb 26, 2013
    Before I begin the review let me say, I wanted to love this game- I mean I really wanted to love it. I've been an avid Alien-series fan since I was little (Alien and Aliens are among my all-time favorite films) and I first read about the existence of this game on GI. Every time some video would upload to PSN I would absolutely download it. Each bit of information served to provide a great deal of anticipation for this title (second only to the soon to come awesomeness of Bioshock: Infinite). I thought, "finally a game actually modeled after the Alien films without the stupid Predator!" With Gearbox the developer of the awesome Borderlands series developing it, I felt it would be a homerun for sure. My apprehension began when my pre-order game in to Gamestop and the clerk informed me it was not faring too well with reviewers but anyone who loved the films will enjoy it. I greeted this information with rationalization, "Game reviewers for some reason like Call of Duty and those games suck" and took it home. It is now February 26th and the game went back to Gamestop today and I left with Dead Space 3. The reason this game didn't last long with me are many and have little to do with graphics. The atmospherics are all wrong for one. Only once did I feel dread through the entire game, in fact for the most part I was bewildered with the Alien AI. Instead of being the creepy, ingenious monsters they are in the first three films, the Aliens have been relegated to jumping out, clearly visible and then attempting a leap of faith. They have several types of Alien in this game but really they should have focused on the three types known to exist (I won't even dignify the films past A3 by including them). A polished AI would have seen the more rough and ready Aliens from the second film attempting a zerg rush (which they do) while the sleeker, stealthier Alien type from the first film assaults from above and below. The runner Alien from the third film could have easily used tight corridors to swarm- the point is with the Alien series there is plenty of material to work with and plenty of ways for gamers to feel deep fear and revulsion. That's another essential ingredient that is notably missing- revulsion. The Alien series has always had a psychological subtext to it that when executed well explains why Ridley Scott and James Cameron have their hallowed places in the series. In this game Alien infection and infestation are not handled well at all- actually, scratch that. Early on they are handled well when you (the player) enters the Sulaco and wanders into a nest to find an already beaten Marine team. I enjoyed some of the set pieces and subtext but really, without a horrifying infection and birthing sequence, it's just not Alien (yes Alien runs on rape- that's right, it's true). Instead a truly psychological horror experience is dumbed down to little more than a haunted house ride; this isn't the Aliens I signed up for. The original story is also weak but I did enjoy one aspect of it and that is how it tackles the awful story gap between Aliens and Alien3. I just felt that ultimately Gearbox might have some love for Alien, but this game is an abused stepchild. It was apparently passed from developer to developer and rather than receive loving attention, dev's wanted the license. But to what end? There are many properties which appropriate from Alien (a kind way of saying they rob it blind- Half Life sorry, but you're anything but original) and many of those properties are wonderful and successful- Half Life and Dead Space to name two. The thing is, Aliens formula is no longer unique but does that make the series out-of-date? No! It means you have to handle it with care. If sword and sandals games can be made (without gales of laughter) or samurai games can exist (George Lucas pretty much facehuggered Japanese films and myth) then so can Alien. In fact, given the notable shift from survival horror of Resident Evil (starting with 4) and Dead Space (starting with 2) alongside Silent Hill becoming awful, there is a great opportunity for further development of Alien. To conclude, I didn't spend as much time talking about the game itself as I did my disappointment with the game. That's because as a series fan I expected a lot from this property and I feel like had Gearbox demonstrated the competence and creativity that makes Borderlands so amazing, Aliens:CM could have been excellent. Overall, it's average- the music is amazing (I loved the remixing of the series music but wished chapters had more film-centric music approaches), the action is- not tense or frantic. In fact, you can pretty much let your AI people handle most situations and use your overpowered shotgun otherwise. I didn't finish the game as it was too tedious and I had to let it go. I've heard the multi-player is actually quite fun but I didn't stick around for it because I was too disappointed with the campaign; and that's the best I can say about this title. Expand
  71. Mar 23, 2014
    Ok, lets get one thing out of the way first. I am a HUGE fan of Aliens! It is a great film that really paved the way for a lot of the great sic-fi that we continue to see today! However, i don't really think i was prepared for how big of a disappointment this game was. I wanted so much to like it, but as the game drug on and on with no real engaging story to keep me interested it was hard to keep myself playing. Now there are a few things to enjoy about this game. For one the presentation is not half bad and the easter eggs from the film that you stumble upon every now and again are pretty cool. The game also has a pretty cool opening sequence as well as a horror sequence in which you go without any weapons, which is without a doubt the high point of the experience. In the end if you are a fan of Aliens and you can find this game for five bucks by all means pick it up. Aliens: Colonial Marines is not a completely unplayable experience its just for the most part not a very good one! Expand
  72. Apr 3, 2013
    I don't know what you people are on about, I admit I'm not good at FPS' but and I can't remember anything from the Aliens movies but I think this game is good entertainment with HORRIBLE MULTI-PLAYER!
  73. Apr 25, 2013
    Aliens: Colonial Marines is contrary to seemingly popular belief a pretty great game all things considering. I think lengthy production times often seem to lead to exceedingly lofty expectations that become almost impossible to meet which is what i believe happened here. I've been a fan of this franchise for the better part of my life and while we've fans have had to wade through a sea of terrible games based off this license, A: CM finally bucks that trend. It's my belief that we've become so spoiled on all the Bioshock's and Gears of War and other triple A titles, that we expect a homerun with every product released and that's in my opinion unfair to say the least. This game captures the atmosphere of the film quite nicely. There's little touches and nods peppered throughout for the hardcore fans that make for a solid experience. Yes... the xenomorphs make really odd combat choices and yes... you spend do in fact more time fighting marines than the aliens themselves it seems... and these issues coupled with a few glaring technical hiccups and a half baked online competitive component keep the game from reaching the heights it truly could've attained. Still as the package now stands.. i felt it to be a worthy purchase and a welcome addition to my library. It's a really fun shooter that exists within the universe of an amazing film franchise that once you hookup with a few friends becomes a very awesome experience Expand
  74. Jul 19, 2013
    Ouch. Just ouch. The only thing this game got correct was the sound. If you want a completely true & accurate review, look up Angry Joe on youtube & watch his review.

The graphics are lazy, the AI is downright stupid and the characters are completely forgetable. On top of all that, your main opponent through the game is going to be...humans!

This game could have been soooooo much more!
  75. Sep 22, 2013
    graphics are ok. the single player is pretty bad. mainly because of the A.I. the best part of the single player is finding the legendary weapons. the multiplayer is much better by comparison. while not the best multiplayer out there. it's alright, and reminds me of DS2 multiplayer, only more fun.
  76. Sep 7, 2013
    Lets keep this short, I'm sure you've read loads of reviews saying it's terrible, but i assure you, it's just people taking out there rage after being disappointed, Yes it was nothing like I expected, but it's not bad. In fact the singleplayer is the only let down, multiplayer has a wide variety of fun game modes with aliens that unlike the avp game, are not overly fiddly. Marine weapons are nice to use, with some good customisation. On the negative side of things, graphics are dull, the plot is poor, and you'll find yourself only liking a couple of the characters. I could talk about co-op campaign but it's nothing special.

A disappointment but worth getting.

Graphics-6/10
    Plot-5/10
    Innovation-6/10
    Gameplay-7/10
    Singleplayer-6/10
    Multiplayer-8/10

A decent game.
  77. Oct 2, 2013
    Where do i begin here....? The plus: aliens. The negative: everything else. I've been looking forward to this game since 2008, and after seeing the E3 2011 demo I was blown away. I believed all the hype behind it and wow, was I dissapointed. When compared to the E3 demo the first thing that was noticeable was the lack of quality. Graphics looked like a N64 game, the lighting effects where absent completely, the sound effects are 100% aliens, the main complaint here is the horrible story and the level design decisions. Without spoiling anything, the story was supposed to be set between Aliens and Alien 3 to tie up some loose ends and it can't even do that. Once you get passed the way the game looks, the buggy final product and unreliable A.I. I felt like I was babysitting my computer partner the whole game, and that's without the frustration of the game glitches and bugs. Bad graphics. level design, weak voice acting, false promises, and broken levels and gameplay make this easily my worst game of the year and the last time I'll believe all the hype behind a licensed product game. Expand
  78. Feb 23, 2014
    I will start off by saying two things 1. By the time I played this the game had been patched multiple times and 2. I did not pay full price (I got it 2nd hand for £5)
    The game was just about o.k for the price I paid if I had paid the full £40 I would be annoyed.
    The game does not look great the AI is buggy as hell freezing in mid air and often doing nothing they very quickly loose there
    fear factor.
    Online co-op has parts where your team mates teleport around the place your npc team mates fire at walls for no reason and some times just flat out abandon you.
    After all the patches and they still can not get it right I would consider suing them to at least for my money back.
    But if you absolutely love the aliens franchise and find it cheap (they are not hard to come by now) it is not a bad way to kill a few hours.

The good- The smart gun say no more
    The bad- Short and a terrible ending
    The ugly- The AI makes these creatures look like you should not fear them but pity them
    4/10 Quite simply not very good.
  79. Dec 22, 2013
    Picked up Colonial Marines Limited Edition for PS3 at £5. After reading the reviews I thought this game was going to be terrible but it isn't. Graphics seem pretty much up there with the best that the PS3 has to offer infact I was very impressed with the graphics. Only played the campaign and it seems true to the Aliens film, personally I found the first mission a bit uninteresting but gets better there after, I'm now at mission 5 and really impressed for what was a panned game. Maybe it's been improved since initial release. A must have for Aliens fans and good for anyone that likes 1st person shooters. Expand
  80. Feb 13, 2014
    I hate this I really hate this. I love aliens and I will not stand for this. Graphics are awful. The AI is brain dead completely. Oh and get humans with guns why? There are 11 missions 1 was suppose to be a tutorial but never got a tutorial at all mission 11 is a 2min "boss" battle 3 are focused to aliens which are the shortest missions too 3 are human focused which are longest 3 are mixed but the aliens die in like 2 seconds so it really this " call of duty : I suck and I ripped you off." Multiplayer is something that ether is a lot of glitches, buggy, low connection, or has one sided maps. Oh and in single player you get grabbed guess what quick time event that is impossible to die from almost. I want to cry right now while I'm typing this. Co-op you don't need it its too easy even then you just feel like 4 gunners not a unit and no changes that would be more interesting also the other 3 players cant talk. I completed this game on the hardest difficulty in 3 hours alone. Ok there are a few good things the collectables are good which include Easter eggs and legendary weapons. Also the soundtrack is awesome that person deserves to be praised. Backgrounds are pretty good I wont lie. They added new weapons that fit perfectly into the arsenal. Yeah that's it nothing else nothing but shame and disappointment. Oh right I forgot to say heat seeking bullets yeah human enemies have those its sad. Also the story sucks. The characters personalities are whiney, oh boo ho, there already dead, and oh no that happened and I'm speaking calmly. Don't buy it just don't. Expand
  81. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Campaign is your average aliens movie tie in game with a loss of horror. There are new weapons never seen on any other aliens media in other words the battle rifle assault rifle semi auto shotgun service pistol grenade launcher rifle thingy. But it also contains weapons from the aliens movie the pulse rifle the pump shotgun the combat pistol smart gun motion tracker and flamethrower. There are also customisation so for the weapons which comes In handy. The game will last from 4 to 5 hours and you can collect dog tags and audio clips, but don't forget about the legendary weapons witch are pickups that stay with you apart from vasquezes smart gun. The locations are also from aliens and your enemies are xenomorphs/aliens and weyland yutani corp mercenaries. You play as winter a colonial marine aboard the uss sulaco the space ship from the movie but you run into a hell full of xenomorphs and mercenaries so you and the crew boarded a drop ship to lv-426 another location from the movie this time a planet. There are 7 xenomorph types you will encounter the soldier witch is the warrior xenomorph that has normal health normal damage and fast speed. The lurker wich is the first xenomorph you will encounter and you will encounter two more times normal health very fast speed special not noisy and very stealthy and can pounce. The spitter witch spits acid and you will encounter on lv-426 low health slow speed special ranged attack. Boilers you will encounter them when you will go to the sewers the can't see but they can hear so don't move or else they will explode acid blood on you like all the others oh and don't be scared when a boiler is touching you when you are still. The others are bosses the queen (final boss) the raven (2nd boss) and the crusher (1st boss). The AI is stupid but if you got the game just now there is a patch that makes the AI better. The graphics look like they where from 2005 and the campaign is a let down but the multiplayer is massive fun and games are about fun not tech so install it on your ps3 steam or xbox360 and get some guys to play with you witch is a rare thing to find since us fans hate this thing (except for me and some others) and there are 4 dlc the best. Being the stasis interrupted dlc and that dlc witch has a new mode called bughunt. So give it a run Expand
  82. Feb 15, 2013

1. As a shooter, you’ve been here a hundred times before. As an Aliens game it suffers the pressure of the legacy on which it’s built, and the story is diabolically woeful. Game over, man. [April 2013, p72]
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    The representation of the xenomorphs is the game’s most damaging failure. They’re just not dangerous enough, reduced by a first mission deluge into a swarm of targets bearing the shape of a familiar, once-horrific symbol of death. But they have none of that pop icon’s grace or deadliness.
  3. Mar 21, 2013
    Buggy, ugly, and somehow unfinished after ten years...A huge disappointment. [Issue#229, p.68]