5.6

1. CurtB.
    Sep 25, 2008
    This game had it's moments. The story was well thought out and the graphics (esp. lighting) are incredible. It also has some original ideas (like the inventory screen and combing items in a new way). The controls on the other hand are terrible. Driving is near impossible and the rest of the game is a chore to get through.
  2. Oct 15, 2014
    It was an OK game. It wasn't an amazing one, though. Terrible controls, confusing game mechanics and bugs are the main problems here, but it did have a good story with some great seat-pieces. Who wouldn't want to drive a taxi during an earthquake in New York?

This game did a solid job of introducing me to Edward Carnby and the franchise. I just wish that it did that job better.
  3. Aug 21, 2013
    this game was overall fair, the reason being is because the game had a bit of problems such as awkward controls and boring cut scenes but the gameplay was alright
  4. Sep 1, 2013
    There has been some trashy games out there, and then there is Alone In The Dark Inferno. This game really got to me. As a fan of the long time series, i've played my share of classic series, and it has had it's up's and downs. This however, is a major down. I couldn't finish it... By the time I got to the awful driving scene.. I gave up. It felt practically broken... I'm sorry, butThere has been some trashy games out there, and then there is Alone In The Dark Inferno. This game really got to me. As a fan of the long time series, i've played my share of classic series, and it has had it's up's and downs. This however, is a major down. I couldn't finish it... By the time I got to the awful driving scene.. I gave up. It felt practically broken... I'm sorry, but this is actually one of the few titles I had to drop and return the same day I got it... A scar in a long time series... The worst part was, I was waiting for this title to release months ahead! Collapse

1. Alone in the Dark proves that with a little time and patience, a good game can be created from innovative ideas.
    The fixes and changes have dragged Alone In The Dark from being a god-awful game to an okay one. It can’t compete with the likes of Dead Space, but it can cosy up with other mediocrity such as Siren: Blood Curse.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    It's definitely clever and fun, though, and Inferno's raft of improvements is enough to finally make Alone worth your attention. [Holiday 2008, p.81]