5.6

1. AllenO
    Feb 19, 2009
    This is a cult game, you'll either love it or hate it, I loved every minute, it will be a forgotten classic due to it's low metacritic score
  2. BryanM
    Nov 21, 2008
    Alone in the Dark is so innovative and visually impressive... It may have it's flaws and it may not be for everybody, but it's an excellent game and too many people out there are giving it way too low of a score. I know it doesn't warrant a 10, but the average needs to come up because there are too many unskilled and biased noobs out there who barely know how to use a Alone in the Dark is so innovative and visually impressive... It may have it's flaws and it may not be for everybody, but it's an excellent game and too many people out there are giving it way too low of a score. I know it doesn't warrant a 10, but the average needs to come up because there are too many unskilled and biased noobs out there who barely know how to use a controller and rate this game a 0. Alone in the Dark is epic and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Expand
  3. JohnDoe
    Mar 16, 2009
    The amount of improvements this game has seen makes it beyond just worthy of playing. Do yourself a favor and spend under $20 pick this up and enjoy something a little different for channge.
  4. Czar
    Nov 5, 2008
    I downloaded the demo yesterday (and I used to own the 360 copy, too). And I have to say that it feel pretty good now. The controls are tight and the camera makes sense now, too. I'd give it another go this way, no doubt about it.
  5. DavidA.
    Dec 27, 2008
    To be perfectly honest, Inferno is actuallly a great game. The only problems i had were the controls, which i didnt mind and the graphics could have been better and also vehicle control which felt a little akward, but wasnt a huge thing. Other than that, Inferno has some memorable moments and a story which grips you from the start. Well worth a look, if not a purchase.
  6. Jul 20, 2011
    This game deserves to be played. The game play actually works, and is really interesting to explore the terrifying world. This is the best open world horror game I've ever played, I even played through twice.

1. Alone in the Dark proves that with a little time and patience, a good game can be created from innovative ideas.
    The fixes and changes have dragged Alone In The Dark from being a god-awful game to an okay one. It can’t compete with the likes of Dead Space, but it can cosy up with other mediocrity such as Siren: Blood Curse.
  3. It's definitely clever and fun, though, and Inferno's raft of improvements is enough to finally make Alone worth your attention. [Holiday 2008, p.81]