AMY PlayStation 3

2.8

1. Jun 21, 2012
    I gave Amy a score of 6. Fairly sure most people aren't interested given the critical reception but if my opinion is being sought by a survival horror gaming fan then I'm happy to give it;
    + Nice overall visuals and atmosphere
    + Nice overall visuals and atmosphere
    + Sparse but good soundtrack, there's some sombre stuff similar to Silent Hill and some nerve-wrenching drum pieces that let you know you need to run as fast as you can
    + Good character models (comparable to Siren) and some nice animations (also uses Siren engine I believe)
    + Fun puzzles, forcing you to be aware of your environment
    + Good relationship between the two characters
    + Unique use of psychic powers and contamination for different situations
    + Refreshingly challenging (One hit kills from certain enemies, inventory resets per chapter)
    0 The combat is pretty bare bones, a certain degree of jank but it does the job fine - there are
    some unique animations mixed in there for different kills (The 0 means I don't like or dislike it)
    0 The voice acting is neither good nor bad, it does the job
    - The save/checkpoint system is brutal, most people will be put off by this. I took it as a challenge!
    - You need to turn the gamma setting to maximum to be able to see anything, and even then it's dark
    - Camera is perfectly fine for the most part, can play up a little in tight spaces
    - There is a mixture of comic book style cutscenes and normal cutscenes, the former leaves a little to be desired
    - The framerate is a mess, there is screen tearing
    - The ending falls directly into a sequel of which there will probably never be, which is a shame

Basically I think it's got some nice ideas, and I found the puzzles and gameplay compelling despite all of the performance problems
    I recommend it to survival horror fans who can deal with the horrendous framerate
    The painfully low scores are a disservice to the challenge the game does provide (which is all but gone this generation) Fans of old school survival horror will find something from Amy, it's obscured by it's flaws, but it does more right than it does wrong, for me, and that makes the game worth playing - especially for the bargain price you can grab it at!
  2. Nov 29, 2012
    I bought it on PSN for 1 euro and something. It was totally worth it, the story is short and lack on animation but at least it was scary and had challenging puzzles. Not a masterpiece but sure had fun playing it.
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    I believe alot of these reviews must have been given BEFORE the patch for this game. I never played the game pre-patch, but when I installed and started it, it got the patch, and I can honestly say, this game is NOT worthy of the extremely negative and terrible reviews, UNLESS they were pre-patch reviews and the game really was messed up before the patch...

I dont really like this genre

I dont really like this genre of game very much, but the game was $1.99 on PSN so I gave it a shot...Overall pretty nice looking game, feels fine, its a little scary(!!!), and the sound/music is pretty good.

If I was a fan of the genre I would probably go up to 7 on this game, altho its very short!(10 hours or so)

1. Games Master UK
    Apr 3, 2012
    Sadly, the gameplay is drab and badly paced, with lots of fetch quests and a few uninspiring puzzles. [May 2012, p.89]
  2. Play UK
    Mar 4, 2012
    The stealth sections are quite possibly the worst designed section of any game that we've ever seen. [Issue#215, p.85]
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Feb 14, 2012
    Amy has all the survival horror elements, but the execution is so poor that the result is a poisonous chimera. [March 2012, p.113]