2.5

1. Jan 18, 2012
    It´s an awesome game for who likes games as Resident Evil, Silent Hill or Siren. The graphics are great, the voice acting is good and the system in which you is responsible for Amy but uses her to solve puzzles or for other things is very interesting, as the contamination system is. for a $9.99 game, my score is 10. I didn't get those bad reviews, Amy is a great game, much better than some disc games...For me, it´s fun, scary and innovator. Expand
  2. Jan 18, 2012
    The game cost only 9,99 euro and it is a very good and scary game with good puzzles, I compare it with silent hill on playstation 2. More then 5 hours of gameplay. I love Amy !!!
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    I bought it on PSN for 1 euro and something. It was totally worth it, the story is short and lack on animation but at least it was scary and had challenging puzzles. Not a masterpiece but sure had fun playing it.
  4. Jun 21, 2012
    I gave Amy a score of 6. Fairly sure most people aren't interested given the critical reception but if my opinion is being sought by a survival horror gaming fan then I'm happy to give it;
    + Nice overall visuals and atmosphere
    + Sparse but good soundtrack, there's some sombre stuff similar to Silent Hill and some nerve-wrenching drum pieces that let you know you need to run as fast as
    you can
    + Good character models (comparable to Siren) and some nice animations (also uses Siren engine I believe)
    + Fun puzzles, forcing you to be aware of your environment
    + Good relationship between the two characters
    + Unique use of psychic powers and contamination for different situations
    + Refreshingly challenging (One hit kills from certain enemies, inventory resets per chapter)
    0 The combat is pretty bare bones, a certain degree of jank but it does the job fine - there are
    some unique animations mixed in there for different kills (The 0 means I don't like or dislike it)
    0 The voice acting is neither good nor bad, it does the job
    - The save/checkpoint system is brutal, most people will be put off by this. I took it as a challenge!
    - You need to turn the gamma setting to maximum to be able to see anything, and even then it's dark
    - Camera is perfectly fine for the most part, can play up a little in tight spaces
    - There is a mixture of comic book style cutscenes and normal cutscenes, the former leaves a little to be desired
    - The framerate is a mess, there is screen tearing
    - The ending falls directly into a sequel of which there will probably never be, which is a shame

Basically I think it's got some nice ideas, and I found the puzzles and gameplay compelling despite all of the performance problems
    I recommend it to survival horror fans who can deal with the horrendous framerate
    The painfully low scores are a disservice to the challenge the game does provide (which is all but gone this generation) Fans of old school survival horror will find something from Amy, it's obscured by it's flaws, but it does more right than it does wrong, for me, and that makes the game worth playing - especially for the bargain price you can grab it at!
  5. Jun 10, 2013
    I believe alot of these reviews must have been given BEFORE the patch for this game. I never played the game pre-patch, but when I installed and started it, it got the patch, and I can honestly say, this game is NOT worthy of the extremely negative and terrible reviews, UNLESS they were pre-patch reviews and the game really was messed up before the patch...

I dont really like this genre
    of game very much, but the game was $1.99 on PSN so I gave it a shot...Overall pretty nice looking game, feels fine, its a little scary(!!!), and the sound/music is pretty good.

If I was a fan of the genre I would probably go up to 7 on this game, altho its very short!(10 hours or so)
  6. Apr 22, 2012
    This game had lots of hype, tons of publicity, and a lot of high expectations. It failed to deliver on all points. The controls are decent enough and I found the combat to be tedious, the camera angle for the most part is decent, and the story is simply abysmal. While there are a few "gotcha!!" moments, they are far and few between and the Zombies all look alike, there is simply no variety at all. Despite all of its flaws and there are many flaws, I somewhat enjoyed the game and actually found myself caring about the child (Amy) I wish the game had a "save anywhere" option but it doesnt and the checkpoints are very far apart, which means when you die (and you will die) you will have to start over at the last checkpoint and retrace your steps all over again. I really cant say that this is a good game but if you are a casual gamer who normally plays games on easy (you know who you are) then you might actually enjoy this game but if you are a die hard gamer looking for another "Silent Hill" type game then you will absolutely hate Amy. One more thing, the framerate stutters constantly and the vocals do not always match up with the characters lips moving. The update patch helped some but not much and it did'nt include any kind of compass or map so you basically never know where to go or what to do next. Anyway, its not the worst game out there but it certainly doesnt come close to being good, or even mediocre. Try it at your own risk. Expand
  7. Apr 7, 2013
    I have 2 main problems with the game. 1) Inappropriate logic errors occur on at least 2 occasions when a previous checkpoint is loaded. Both of these instances require extremely accurate timing or the character dies. As a result, players will probably be reloading these checkpoints frequently and experience the logic errors multiple times. For the developer to leave these logic errors in the game after so many years is inexcusable. I2) Weapon selection is poor. You usually hold a weak stick or a strong stick. Towards the end of the game you get a metal stick. To add insult to injury you can only hold onto one stick. If you see another stick on the ground you replace the stick you're holding with that stick. The main character is intentionally made to be weak and incapable against more than 1 enemy since the sticks will break after several uses. On the hard difficulty it is nearly impossible to finish the last couple levels because the sticks break frequently. On the positive: the game is graphically good and could have had more promise if the main character wasn't made into an imbecile that can't do anything by herself. While stealth and avoidance are implied factors in the game, the main character is intentionally thrust into situations where she must use combat against multiple enemies with perhaps 1 or 2 sticks to defend herself with. In the beginning, the game encouranges the player to hide under tables and inside cabinets, but in the last levels there is narry a table or cabinet to be seen. The player ends up getting intentionally screwed over by not being given proper tools or alternative methods to defend oneself. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2012
    All I will say is there is far better out there. In fact to be on the harsher side i'd say keep pressing x on your ps3 controller and you'll already have purchased yourself a better game than this. It is really a shame that this game couldn't have turned out better as it looked to be very promising and the concept was fantastic. The problem, the entire execution. Graphics: 3
    Gameplay:2

Presentation:3
    Lasting Appeal: 1
  9. Jan 19, 2012
    This is game sounded good in previews, trailers and the original info for it, but this game is a complete disaster. The issues can even be seen in the opening scene where the voices are very bad, the character animations are amature and the scene lags. Second problems are in game, the checkpoint system is very bad and it is not fair at all. You die, your doing about 2 hours worth of gameplay... AGAIN. I would recommend burning your game system instead, at least its better then this horrible game burning your eyes out. I mean, i will rate this better IF they fix the issues with this crap title. Do a full update like what happened to Hydrophobia... Then maybe... Totally wasted 9.99. Im sorry wallet. Expand
  10. Jan 19, 2012
    First of all, what's with the "for only 10 bucks, it's good" comments? A dog's turd on the street costs even less and yet I don't see you playing with it. Also, have you seen what kind of awesome other games are available for the same price? I won't get into detail here, all the flaws have been mentioned in other reviews, but I just wanted to add that the game is NO horror game, okay? Horror, for me, means it should be scary. It is not, not at all. If anything, it's laughable and ridiculous. Just look at screenshots of the monsters ... However, the background sounds are kind of good, that's about it. Personally, I deeply, deeply regret having purchased this, even for "just ten bucks", especially since the developers decided to go the defensive route and claim on the facebook page the game wasn't bad but "hard" because they wanted to provide a challenge. Nice way to insult both possible customers and those wh bought the game and are pointing out the flaws. "Oh, no, the framerate is supposed to drop there, we wanted to make it harder to win that fight." Yes, sure. To say something nice about the game, I think the character design and graphics for both Lana and Amy are really good. Expand
  11. Mar 13, 2012
    This title is far from good. Its terrible. I have always played Horror games and seen many terrible games, and guess what? This is the worst game ive ever played and the worst money spent. First off, right off the bat the opening train scene is lagging. Then, animations are VERY amateur and mediocre. Also, the subtitles. Turning subtitles on is a must for some players who cant even understand what these horrible poorly done voice work is saying, however, the subtitles are not even right. Such as in subtitles, names are not spelled right, or some random name entirely. Example: "Mary, Lets call Regina". Neither of those names are even in this title. Next, Combat is broken completely. Hitting an enemy will be a 40/100% chance of working, due to faulty animations and broken configuration files. Save game points are terrible. Most chapters are about 1 hour long, and you die one time during it, YOUR STARTING THAT WHOLE CHAPTER OVER. 1 HOUR OF GAMEPLAY LOST! Some other issues is the game has HORRIBLE AI. Amy wont respond or come to you at times. Monsters sometimes just stand there like there mental. Then, here comes more! Theres a few areas in the game that have Mines. When this is bad. Because it takes alot of health away from you, and you need one of Amys powers for it, however a largely known bug causes that power to completely be removed from the power menu, making it impossible sometimes to use powers. The replay value of this title is TERRIBLE, and you dont even want to play anymore after 10 minutes of this poorly done BROKEN game. The controls are broken, clunky and very uncomfortable, so bad its unplayable for more then 1 hour before becoming disabled in your hands. The voice acting is poorly done, and is terrible. The graphics and visuals are better ON A EARLY ps2 game then this crap. So my final score? Graphics: 1/10, Sound: 3/10, Gameplay: 1/10, Replay value: 0/10. I do NOTTTTTT recommend you buy this game at all, in fact, i suggest you shoot your self in the face before you do. Like several other reviews said, $10 on your console of choice, can get you Hydrophobia, a fantastic survival horror game on a ship, you for $10 on PSN, you can get PRIMAL another fantastic horror title. So i suggest you go to your service... AND KEEP PRESSING THE FOWARD BUTTON, whatever you land on, no matter the price, im 100% sure its better then... AMY. Final notes: I WILL CONSIDER CHANGING MY SCORE IF THE DEVELOPERS FIX THE TITLE IN UPDATES. UNTIL THEN, IM GONNA WARN EVERYONE ON EVERY GAME FORUM I EVER GO TO, TO NOT BUY THIS GAME. VECTORCELL DOES NOT DESERVE THAT MONEY THEY GOT FROM PEOPLE WHO WERE SUCKERED INTO BUYING THIS GAME, AND THEY SHOULD BY LAW BE REQUIRED TO REFUND EVERYONE SINCE THIS GAME IS NOT WORKING RIGHT. SONY AND MICROSOFT, DO SOMETHING NOW! TAKE IT OFF THE STORE! Expand
  12. Apr 16, 2013
    They took a good idea...talked about it...and then totally and utterly destroyed it. This might possibly just be one of the most BORING games I've ever played. I really was hoping this could have been much better. It sounds cool in concept, but in reality, it's just not worth your money.
  13. Apr 12, 2014
    People told me this game was bad. I didn't listen. I bought this game for £2 and so far all I can say is that I would have much rather bought a useless costume pack for LBP than this game having now played it. The controls are bad, the game play is bad, the story is bad, virtually everything about this game is bad.
  14. Feb 14, 2012
    For the first time ever, I will never ever buy a downloadable game that has the acronym AMY on it. Sure, It's a survival-horror game, unfortunately it's a lame ass rip-off between Alan Wake, Resident Evil, and Dead Rising. The reason why you're gonna spend $20 bucks on a wasteless PSN game is of the terrible voice acting, an overdose of bad gameplay, and ridiculous puzzles that you want to wait way too long to survive the dead zone. I got two words for AMY: You Suck. AMY is one of the worst games of the year. Save your money for Lollipop Chainsaw or Resident Evil 6. Expand
  15. Jan 18, 2012
    Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.Very bad game.
  16. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is so bad, screen tearing, framedrops, lipsyncing issues, the difficulty, the graphics. It doesnt deserve even 10 cent. Waste of resources and energy.
  17. Jan 22, 2012
    It being '$10' does not make up for the fact that it is only a 5-hour game (renting a disk-based game would be cheaper), nor does it make up for the mediocrity of it. Bringing no originality to the zombie genre of video games, played out as they are, with the only horror aspect being the act of playing it in the first place.
  18. Aug 16, 2012
    Oh my god. This is seriously the worst game of all time. Its a disaster and the sounds/graphics are brain bursting bad. Come on! If you cant make a game, dont try. Simple.
  19. Oct 28, 2014
    Una pérdida de tiempo y dinero. Solo costó un euro y aún así creo que pagué demasiado. Gráficos tan malos que casi marean y unos controles bochornosos, en serio, el juego podría haber sido simplemente entretenido pero es que tiene demasiados fallos como para sacarle un mínimo de provecho. Totalmente fuera de lugar.

1. Apr 3, 2012
    Sadly, the gameplay is drab and badly paced, with lots of fetch quests and a few uninspiring puzzles. [May 2012, p.89]
  2. Mar 4, 2012
    The stealth sections are quite possibly the worst designed section of any game that we've ever seen. [Issue#215, p.85]
  3. Feb 14, 2012
    Amy has all the survival horror elements, but the execution is so poor that the result is a poisonous chimera. [March 2012, p.113]