5.3

1. Apr 23, 2012
    One of the best JRPGs on the PS3. Cutscenes are in the traditional way (text box and sometimes voice acting). It has a variety of endings that depends on your choices. Graphics are simple, but the illustrations are very well made in anime style. Battle system is cool and the characters are charismatic. I read some reviews saying that a negative point about this game is that it's pervert. Well, it is pervert, but what's the problem? There are a lot of games out there with intense violence, dirty language and bad manners. And they don't get lower grades by it, so what's the point? Pervert is a bad thing? Stop with false moralism. Anyway, why did I give a 4? Well, it has a serious problem that is being ignored by the publisher: constant freezing in the battles. You can enjoy the story, but when you get in the battle... that's when you start crying. It's impossible to fight without lags, low frame rate ou whatever you wanna call. The screen keeps freezing all the time and there's nothing you can do about, unless someday they release a patch fixing it. Otherwise... focus on the story and forget the fun of the battles. You can beat the game even with the freezing, but be aware that you will not be fully excited about it. Expand
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    Well, battle system isn't too interesting, game content is kinda odd in Japanese style, some might like it but this game is IMO just perverted and that's why not for all. I mean for example person makes such spell in which she turns someone to cake and her clothes vanish in that process that is kinda we are dealing with here, I can take it as joke tho kinda but seriously not cool... Luckily other of game isn't as stupid like that at least so there is some content that is not useless even if rather silly still all the time. Still no way I am finishing this game, it is not for me but I will give it some points still as it's by means not terrible and there is audience for this game for sure, even if I don't find terribly much to like here. Expand

1. Oct 26, 2011
    There's always more to learn of the characters in all sorts of ways, and underneath the goofiness, there was still a thick layer of strong narrative and character development that kept me invested through sixty hours. I don't know if JRPGs will ever return to their previous prominence, but if Ar Tonelico Qoga is any indication, they still have a lot to offer.
  2. May 9, 2011
    Ar Tonelico Qoga is the third and final installment in the saga. It does have what it takes to satisfy the fans, but it's not impressive enough to reach a bigger audience.
  3. Apr 27, 2011
    With all the technological bells and whistles driving this sequel, it ended up halting rather than evolving the series. Great animations set against clunky backgrounds, too much repetition in both the combat and music, and the lack of difficulty hold this JRPG back from being something truly special.