6.9

1. JonH.
    Jan 24, 2010
    Army of Two the 40th day once again puts us back into the shoes of Rios and Salem, this time with bigger explosions and bigger guns. I will make this short, AoT 40th day is not the most epic adventure out on the gaming market, I do not think it is a epic adventure at all, but if you have a friend to play this with, it will give you a whole lot of fun. If you are all alone without friends Army of Two the 40th day once again puts us back into the shoes of Rios and Salem, this time with bigger explosions and bigger guns. I will make this short, AoT 40th day is not the most epic adventure out on the gaming market, I do not think it is a epic adventure at all, but if you have a friend to play this with, it will give you a whole lot of fun. If you are all alone without friends and no online connection, you will probably get pretty frustrated and furious more than once in the game. Still it bings solid shooting and the best co-op experience ever been made in a third person shooter. The weapon customization is stunning even though it is a shame that there are no feature for this in the online versus which is alot of fun when you manage to enter a server. Army of Two the 40th day deserves much more attention than what it currently has and i would recommend it to every 3rd person shooting fan. Expand
  2. gregs
    Jan 16, 2010
    a solid fun game, excellent co op game for friends. multiplayer can be a little laggy, but its intense action. i recommend this game, its also short, like 8 hours for the campaign, but if you like the first one, you'll love this one. check it out
  3. DenisG
    Jan 15, 2010
    Honestly, just an amazing action game...the tension is great throughout the whole game. Gameplay is fluid and very fun! A game that deserves to be seen for what it is!...mindless fun ride!
  4. Sep 18, 2011
    this is hands down the best game out there if you want to play with a friend or you have a sibling that you fight with about who gets to play. ill start off by saying that you must play this game with someone else or you wont enjoy it as much because your partner in single player is pretty stupid. this game has so much replay value since it also has online mode as well my only problem withthis is hands down the best game out there if you want to play with a friend or you have a sibling that you fight with about who gets to play. ill start off by saying that you must play this game with someone else or you wont enjoy it as much because your partner in single player is pretty stupid. this game has so much replay value since it also has online mode as well my only problem with the online is that you cant play split screen on that as well. the story doesnt really pull you in and the characters you meet are forgettable but it has good graphics amazing sounds and enough people to shoot at that you will play it over and over again as well you can invite a friend through playstation network and you can play the campaign and online with them. if you have a sibling or a friend to play this with then this game is a must have especially since the price has dropped down to below 20$ Expand
  5. simonw
    Jan 19, 2010
    The 40th Day is not a serious soulless war sim (like the dull Modern Warfare 2). It is instead a compilation of Bad Boys, Die Hard, Under Siege and LethalWeapon. Yeah it's throw away and the campaign will be done and dusted in 4hrs, but it is seriously fun and you will play through it again. What a way to start 2010.
  6. MattR
    Jan 25, 2010
    This was an excellent game. I didn't care much at all for the story and the only problem I had with the game was I had connection problems with a friend and it took almost forever to join after restarting our Internet. So a solid 8; two points taken off, one for story, the other for the connection issues.
  7. Gradydays
    Jan 15, 2010
    a great co-op game, havent tried the multiplayer but it doesnt matter.
  8. Feb 2, 2011
    the game story is interesting. it didn't treally build off of the 2nd one. so it's not a sequal to the first. this game is very fun. the combat system and the AI are superb. it is short but that makes it more replayable. this game is a treasure for shooter fans. if you liked the first one you should love this addition. although even on the easy levels you are still challenged and mediumthe game story is interesting. it didn't treally build off of the 2nd one. so it's not a sequal to the first. this game is very fun. the combat system and the AI are superb. it is short but that makes it more replayable. this game is a treasure for shooter fans. if you liked the first one you should love this addition. although even on the easy levels you are still challenged and medium and hard a almost impossible. great game. Expand
  9. May 5, 2012
    It took me a long time to realize, but this game is better than average. In fact, I think it can compete with any of the Gears of War games. There is great gameplay, with quite a bit of strategy required.
  10. Feb 28, 2013
    Just did a play through on a very used copy. Totally enjoyable. I am a third-person fan and this is fun, only downside is short length. Characters are awesome, great weapons, totally enjoyed it. No super frustrating points and great saves. Just fun!
  11. Jul 2, 2012
    Personally I like play Army of Two with my brother, its much better than play with computer, and that's why I rate it that high. I have only play it once with the computer as my partner, it was OK, but with a friend, its much better.
  12. Dec 17, 2013
    About the same as the first one. Not much has changed. The 3rd game should improve some more though.
    What really bothers me in games these days is that when you play campaign you never know when a game is saved or not. And I hate to play things over and over again. This is a comment not just on this game but on a lot off recent games.
  13. May 12, 2013
    The game has generic gameplay, and a generic story. But you're not here to play it for those thing's you here because of the co-op. If you try playing alone "you're gonna have a bad time." So if you don't have a good social life you shouldn't bother because the AI that is you're partner is down right retarded.
    One of annoying things is that you can't do drop in drop out co-op. you have to
    One of annoying things is that you can't do drop in drop out co-op. you have to make different files, and while this sounds like a nit pick. I can be boring when you're far into the story while "playing with yourself," and then someone wants to play so you have to replay the story.

1. It's not the most progressive or technically impressive game on PS3, but the morality system, weapon customisation and online co-op elevate it, and it's one of the best cover-to-cover shooters on PS3. [Jan 2010, p.68]
    A disaster movie in a game package, Army of Two: The 40th Day capitalizes on its co-op play to deliver an awesome action experience that's incredibly fun to play. Co-op moments feel more natural.
  3. EA Montreal delivers a rich, over-the-top buddy experience that provides intelligent choices and a tough but fun Die Hard-like vibe that helps lighten the game's dark, gritty atmosphere. [Feb 2010, p.80]