8.2

1. May 2, 2011
    This is just another Assassin's Creed game; but that is not a bad thing! Ubisoft have really found a formula that works in their Assassin's Creed games, and you can tell that their budget has severely increased from production of the first game. With a thick plot, long single-player campaign, terrific cut scenes and a wide, dynamic environment - this game is everything you'd expect fromThis is just another Assassin's Creed game; but that is not a bad thing! Ubisoft have really found a formula that works in their Assassin's Creed games, and you can tell that their budget has severely increased from production of the first game. With a thick plot, long single-player campaign, terrific cut scenes and a wide, dynamic environment - this game is everything you'd expect from the next installation into the AC series.
    However, I think it is very possible to go through the game without being killed, and I found the game's combat far too easy at times - with spamming the same kick, slash, slash, kick, slash, slash to win fights, with ten guards being disposed of with ease as they all seem to be scared of actually attacking you and seem to wait for you to dispose of them!

Any Assassin's Creed fan needs to play this, it is unmissable if you are a fan of the franchise.
  2. May 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is one of the best open world games in this generation, next to the original Assassin's Creed. The graphics are a huge improvement, and the story is as amazing as usual. The characters have become more love-able and are really their own, not some cliche characters from other games. I actually was stunned when Mario died, and I was hanging on the edge of my seat when Ezio was shot. The multiplayer is amazing, Ubisoft took the best parts of the Assassins Creed gameplay into the online experience. The maps are diversified and there is multiple opportunities for teamwork, something that has become uncommon in today's gaming world. The only thing that I didn't like was that in the Story Mode, the new combat system made killing enemies way too easy. And in the multiplayer it takes around 7-15 minutes to find a match, and there are always long waiting times for waiting on all the players to synchronize to the online game, and thats an extra 3-5 minutes just to player a 5 minute round, its not worth it. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2011
    If you have played the previous titles, the game play is more or less about the same with a few new features that's not really that ground breaking. I don't see why they don't add something more interesting to the game play such as cover mechanics behind objects and executing things from it. It just feels weird that as an assassin you can only stand up behind something or hand your bodyIf you have played the previous titles, the game play is more or less about the same with a few new features that's not really that ground breaking. I don't see why they don't add something more interesting to the game play such as cover mechanics behind objects and executing things from it. It just feels weird that as an assassin you can only stand up behind something or hand your body on a ledge to avoid detection. Why not allow us to pick up an object and throw it somewhere for distraction? Or maybe allow ranged weapons a manual aim but very difficult to shoot a target in a long distance like a sniper. Perhaps allow us to lie to guards so that they would chase and beat up someone while you slip by. The option to blow up something to create a distraction. These new ideas took all of 3 minutes as I write this to make game play a little more interesting than the previous. Clearly they did not spend much time on game play mechanics. However, this game still deserves a 9 because the setting and story will keep you addicted for hours and hours. I just spent an entire Saturday finding myself unable to put down the controller. Expand
  4. Jun 17, 2011
    This is a great game! The only reason that I didn't give it a ten was because I didn't truly feel as though they needed to add the multi-player mode. The multi-player was fine but unnecessary. The single player is outstanding as always.
  5. Jul 1, 2011
    This game is Amazing, i never played a game with such a good and thrilling story, Usually when I play games I don't care about the story so much, but in this game, everything is detailed and you really feel like you're Ezio. every Character in this game has it's own unique story, The gameplay itself is amazing too, the Parkour system, the fighting system, the AI's, everything is perfectThis game is Amazing, i never played a game with such a good and thrilling story, Usually when I play games I don't care about the story so much, but in this game, everything is detailed and you really feel like you're Ezio. every Character in this game has it's own unique story, The gameplay itself is amazing too, the Parkour system, the fighting system, the AI's, everything is perfect to the little details. the City Rome is a beautiful city and you really feel like you're part of the environment. I suggest you to buy this game!!! the reason I gave it 9 is not because of the great Single-Player, it's because of the Multiplayer.
    the Multiplayer is great too.
  6. Oct 28, 2011
    Similar to its predecessor in many respects, but includes a plethora of new ideas and tweaks to ACII's engine that more than make up for the familiarity, but lets face it, ACII was amazing, any drastic change to the gameplay would be a huge mistake, but the minor tweaks made do nothing but enhance the gaming experience, Ezio is faster and smoother than ever before and much easier toSimilar to its predecessor in many respects, but includes a plethora of new ideas and tweaks to ACII's engine that more than make up for the familiarity, but lets face it, ACII was amazing, any drastic change to the gameplay would be a huge mistake, but the minor tweaks made do nothing but enhance the gaming experience, Ezio is faster and smoother than ever before and much easier to control. The story is a mixed batch, on the one hand, modern day Desmond and co. have a string of new developments that culminate in the best cliffhanger i've ever seen in a game, but while the plight of Ezio is still fun and interesting to a point, it seems quite unnecessary, given that nothing would have gone wrong if Ezio had simply killed Rodrigo Borgia at the end of ACII, in addition, while ACII was an inspiring quest for revenge, this is more of a flaccid quest to recover the apple (a piece of eden) which leaves much to be desired. The multiplayer is a huge win and will keep you coming back for months to come, rewarding stealth and planning above all and forces you to develop strategy, as a nice bonus, camping, boosting and butchering are all impossible because of the way the game is designed, which amounts to a much less frustrating game experience. But while the multiplayer is amazing and I wouldn't ever dream of trading it in, it does take a sizeable chunk out of the single player game, making ACB about 3/4 the length of ACII. If you can get past that, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is one of the best games you'll play in 2010 Expand
  7. Aug 3, 2011
    The story is not a patch on AC2 but the gameplay (combat) is much improved. The core single player campaign is quite weak - the optional tasks really make it... And there are tonnes of optional side quests! For me, what really makes this game is the multiple-player - such a change to the norm. This game might not be a massive leap from AC2 (as I'm sure Revelations won't be either) but forThe story is not a patch on AC2 but the gameplay (combat) is much improved. The core single player campaign is quite weak - the optional tasks really make it... And there are tonnes of optional side quests! For me, what really makes this game is the multiple-player - such a change to the norm. This game might not be a massive leap from AC2 (as I'm sure Revelations won't be either) but for ubisoft to bring this out 12 months after the original is pretty impressive and we really shouldn't complain! Expand
  8. Aug 12, 2011
    This game is amazing, its like spiderman is an assassin who is taking rome for himself. the motions and the fighting in this game are just astonishing. Story pretty good, ive never play any of the other assasin games so i wasnt familiar, but that didnt really matter, love all the side missions, and the rebuilding part of rome. Very cool to just climb around, also a very long game which isThis game is amazing, its like spiderman is an assassin who is taking rome for himself. the motions and the fighting in this game are just astonishing. Story pretty good, ive never play any of the other assasin games so i wasnt familiar, but that didnt really matter, love all the side missions, and the rebuilding part of rome. Very cool to just climb around, also a very long game which is good. Didnt love the ending though. Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is THE reason I registered here. From start to finish this game shines. Beautiful graphics, incredibly captivating soundtrack, fresh story and interesting characters: everything about this game is so good that I can't rave about this game any more. Once you've beaten the single-player story there's plenty of fun moments left in the multiplayer. New gear, dyesAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood is THE reason I registered here. From start to finish this game shines. Beautiful graphics, incredibly captivating soundtrack, fresh story and interesting characters: everything about this game is so good that I can't rave about this game any more. Once you've beaten the single-player story there's plenty of fun moments left in the multiplayer. New gear, dyes and skill upgrades will keep you playing for months to come. However, there are some minor issues that might throw you away from the game world. First, the single-player is ridiculously easy. Even when surrounded by ten guards, Ezio will beat the **** out of them in a matter of seconds, as they're just waiting for their turn to be killed. Second, Brotherhood introduced this new assassin recruit system, but it feels kind of poorly executed and overall is very unexciting, not to mention that the recruits will just randomly spawn out of nowhere to kill your target and disappear in the same way. Finally, I missed the variety of AC 2 in terms of cities, as Rome stands out as a huge pile of ancient ruins mostly as you little by little renovate the city back to life, but that part of the game didn't really catch my interest anyway. Overall, AC: Brotherhood is a great gaming experience, which continues to refine the franchise with new weapons, heavy infantry and game features, like the innovative multi-player. Some minor faults keep it to not being a masterpiece, but Revelations being just around the corner, we're all hoping those will be thing of the past. Expand
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    A masterclass. Raises the bar significantly from AC1 and AC2. Brilliant storyline and a great, unique multiplayer. Stunning graphics as well.

Highly recommended.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    There is a good improvement on the game play mechanics compared to AC2. But the story is kind of **** an acceptable game.Maybe I expected a little too much.
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    This game did not disappoint, I got my money's worth. Packed with tons of content and a surprisingly lengthy campaign, Brotherhood will please fans of Assassin's Creed II. My only complaint with the PS3 version is the noticeable screen tearing, frame rate issues, and pop-up. At this point, the game is showing its age, but it's excusable on the grounds that it's just so much fun to play.This game did not disappoint, I got my money's worth. Packed with tons of content and a surprisingly lengthy campaign, Brotherhood will please fans of Assassin's Creed II. My only complaint with the PS3 version is the noticeable screen tearing, frame rate issues, and pop-up. At this point, the game is showing its age, but it's excusable on the grounds that it's just so much fun to play. Highly recommended. Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2011
    this game is good but not great which means that is isn't great but after all it is not bad, not even average, its just good, because the story isn't as gripping as AC2s
  14. May 15, 2014
    A great continuation of AC:II, now set in a single level, rather than the typical smaller, multiple levels as the series has had up until now. Though, this single level - Rome is huge, and well designed, with a great sense of traditional, historical Italy.
    A much appreciated new feature of being able to ride horses within the town, means the travel is far more enjoyable than previous games, as while free-running across rooftops is great fun, after many many hours, being able to just ride the horse between two distant points is far more efficient and enjoyable.
    This is even more appreciated when you realise that, for reasons unknown, time limits have been added to many of the levels. In order to reach 100% synchronisation with the different missions, you must complete them within a few short minutes, and while this isn't too challenging, many levels involve a tomb-raider style climb and jump around various abandoned buildings, and if you fall, you will probably die.
    Another 'new feature' is Shop Quests, and 'items'. Personally I found these to be a nuisance and a 'cluttering' of the game. Instead of just getting money from chests, you will now also get random items, from minerals, to various fabrics. These are mostly useless, except for being able to complete a few shop quests.. which give you weapon and armor type unlocks, and honestly I found completely unnecessary for the rest of the game. There are far better to unlock with various side missions.
    This is still a fantastic game, and despite being a 'minor version' game release, is extremely large and feels like major game, with lots of plot development and character development.
  15. Apr 3, 2014
    AC Brotherhood is the third title in the Assassin's Creed series, and a direct follow-up to the fantastic Assassin's Creed II, developed by Ubisoft.

Story: Directly after the events of AC II, Ezio finds himself threatened by a new enemy, Cesare Borgia, son of AC2 antagonist Rodrigo Borgia. Now, Ezio heads to Rome, aiming to finish the Borgias once and for all. To cut a long story short, Brotherhood fails ti live-up to ACII's standards, relying more on cool and explosive set-pieces than on its script, which tends to fall short compare to AC2 or AC1. Thankfully, it begins and ends in a blast, and features some good development for Ezio and Desmond's characters. 7/10

Graphics: Using the Anvil engine, Brotherhood looks great and features some outstanding art design. Animations, however, are sometimes buggy and there are several technical hiccups. 9/10

Sound: Beautiful soundtrack and superb voice-acting, even if it falls to shame due to AC2's superior soundtrack and voice acting. 9/10

Gameplay: For the most part, it's AC 2.5, having a somewhat more polished climbing and fighting systems. BH's new feature is to sends Assassin recuits to eliminate guards and targets. While it is an overall nice add-up to the whole game, particularly for its story, the recuitment feature makes the game way more easy, and since the enemies in the game are not the smartest around, BH is a very easy game to beat. Still, I can't truly rage at the iconic combat system of AC. 8.5/10.

Multiplayer: Wow, just wow. While the single-player may not be the AC standard, BH's new multiplayer mode is amazing, unique and brings new life into the series. It's a very tactic and punishing experience, and may not appeal to all, but it's nice to see in fresh ideas for multiplayer modes every time in while. 9.5/10

Lasting appeal: Huge. Really, really huge. Tons of stuff to discover and complete, even if the story missions are so easy you can finish the whole game in a day or so. Multiplayer adds a lot of playtime to those who willing to spend their time within it and master their tactics. 9.5/10.

Verdict: Brotherhood may fail to reach the heights set by the legendary AC 2 due to weak story and dumbed-down difficulty, but it is netherless a great game with a superb multiplayer mode and beautiful art design.
    Final score: 8.8/10
  16. Jan 10, 2013
    Another amazing entry into the "Assassin's Creed" series. The adventures of Ezio continue in the vast, perfectly realized city of Rome. Though the game, in the end, doesn't offer much in the way of interface, combat, or general gameplay upgrades it doesn't hurt the game since it feels like a genuine continuation of Ezio's story. The ability to recruit new assassins and send them onAnother amazing entry into the "Assassin's Creed" series. The adventures of Ezio continue in the vast, perfectly realized city of Rome. Though the game, in the end, doesn't offer much in the way of interface, combat, or general gameplay upgrades it doesn't hurt the game since it feels like a genuine continuation of Ezio's story. The ability to recruit new assassins and send them on missions is a fun and welcome addition to the franchise, though it would have been nice if their missions had a more direct effect on the game. As it is, it simply feels like a fun little diversion instead of a cruicial game element.

In all awesome stuff!
  17. Aug 13, 2012
    Had a great experience with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It added new moves, better counter attacks and a cool assassin's recruitment. Still, Brotherhood is not better than It's predecessor, for It's disappointing ending and from some glitches. Despite from those problems, Brotherhood is a must have game for everyone. 88 out of 100.
  18. Jan 8, 2013
    an average game with good and bad points

GOOD: great graphics, stories, gameplay and jumping
    BAD: hard difficulty, small map and repetitive missions

dont get the game
  19. Feb 4, 2013
    This game is would be the greatest assassins creed if it wasn't for a few annoying design decisions. The game is essentially assassins creed 2.5 as its pretty much the same game but with a new location and a few new mechanics. The brotherhood aspect where you can call on assassins to come help you is great and a worthy inclusion and the fact the game is one large map of Rome make the gameThis game is would be the greatest assassins creed if it wasn't for a few annoying design decisions. The game is essentially assassins creed 2.5 as its pretty much the same game but with a new location and a few new mechanics. The brotherhood aspect where you can call on assassins to come help you is great and a worthy inclusion and the fact the game is one large map of Rome make the game feel more focused. The multiplayer is very fun and unique from your usual call of duty esque games especially with a few friends. Only problem is most of the problems with assassins creed 2 remain (which was few but still) and most frustratingly the game decides to do a metroid and start you off by losing all your equipment from AC 2 which is extremely annoying if you got used to being able to waste enemies easily with your dual hidden blades and scale buildings with ease. Other than that though it is a worthy sequel to one of my favorite PS3 games. Expand
  20. Feb 15, 2013
    By far the best Assassin's Creed out there. I recommend this game to those who like shooters and 1st person player games. Thank you Ubisoft for this beautiful piece of Assassin's creed. This game had 3 very simple, overlook-able flaws, and the 1st thing was finding things on your map. In this game, you sadly cannot fast-travel, which made it hard to be running across Rome on your horseBy far the best Assassin's Creed out there. I recommend this game to those who like shooters and 1st person player games. Thank you Ubisoft for this beautiful piece of Assassin's creed. This game had 3 very simple, overlook-able flaws, and the 1st thing was finding things on your map. In this game, you sadly cannot fast-travel, which made it hard to be running across Rome on your horse for 5 minutes trying to repair it. That brings me to the second flaw, rebuilding it and it becomes annoying to find i later found when I was 98% from rebuilding all of Rome, it took me 3 days to find the last bank to repair. Then there's some missions, which were hard to do if you aren't good with mind puzzles, accuracy or speed. I loved Ezio, and all the graphics in this game. It had remarkably great graphics, and it is so fun to call out your assassins. You get to bond so much with Ezio. Unlike Assassin's Creed III with Conner, you don't bond much or get to understand what Conner lives for unless you are planning on hitting the books again. not fun. Here, you can understand what Ezio fights for, and what he lives for. Going in and out through the Animus is fun. When you hit the end though, you cannot exit the Animus, and if you get the game (Which I highly recommend) you will understand. This game's price has dropped, and you should come pick up this game now, and I know this game is staying with me and my Ps3 for a loooooooooooooonnnggg time! Expand
  21. Jun 13, 2013
    Compared to Assassin's Creed II this game was very disappointing in my opinion. The Story was boring and the characters seemed very lackluster compared to its predecessor! However, the addition of a multiplayer mode definitely makes it stand out and at least worth a rental.
  22. May 3, 2013
    Really enjoyed AC:II so I was eager to play Brotherhood unfortunately it was not what I was hoping for. It felt less like an epic story and more like a collection of side quests strung loosely together. Many of the objectives in this game were frustrating and pointlessly difficult. Less challenge, more repeat until success.
    In addition, the camera seemed to have been tweaked in this game
    In addition, the camera seemed to have been tweaked in this game and moved around a lot; resulting in often having the camera behind trees or a building when mid fight which annoyed me no end.
    Still a good game, but not up to the standard I'd hoped given my love for it's predecessors.
  23. May 1, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood takes what AC2 did well and makes it even better. The story isn't better than 2 but on par with it but the better gameplay more than makes up for it adding a crossbow for stealth and assassin recruits for backup in a fight as well as chaining kills together in combat. There is no better feeling than putting a chain of 20 enemies together in a single combo. TheAssassin's Creed Brotherhood takes what AC2 did well and makes it even better. The story isn't better than 2 but on par with it but the better gameplay more than makes up for it adding a crossbow for stealth and assassin recruits for backup in a fight as well as chaining kills together in combat. There is no better feeling than putting a chain of 20 enemies together in a single combo. The graphics are as good as ever and mission replay with better armour and weapons is awesome and adds replay value. A great game! Expand
  24. Jun 12, 2013
    I enjoyed a lot of this game. The story is amazing and almost has big has the one from AC II. The characters are just amazing with a lot of personality especially your mentore Ezio Auitore. Still I found this game a bit boring after a while maybe because the mains missions and some side missions were always the same...the cutscenes are very good, still in this game there are a lot ofI enjoyed a lot of this game. The story is amazing and almost has big has the one from AC II. The characters are just amazing with a lot of personality especially your mentore Ezio Auitore. Still I found this game a bit boring after a while maybe because the mains missions and some side missions were always the same...the cutscenes are very good, still in this game there are a lot of collectibles, the battle system is the same as the previous game, so there's nothing to talk about that, the graphics are good and I love the building the city stuff, at a certain time I had a lot of money are no were to spend. This is an amazing game. Expand
  25. Jun 19, 2013
    It may have not been the best story wise, but to me it was my favorite to play up until AC3 The combat has finally been establish and not instead of reworking they can move forward. i love all the additions they added to the game. But sadly I wasn't as captivated with the story like I was in 2. The world of Rome is amazing but the story lacked a little.
  26. Jun 22, 2013
    nice game, well plot, the multiplayer is very very bad and boring, the game is little short and its rapeat on himself in the story missions and in the side missions,
    the gameplay is very good
  27. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is amazing it takes everything we love about assassins creed and pulls it out and makes it even more amazing and yes we have realised bugs but not any that takes you out of this masterpiece of an experience with an amazing rival the story really pushes through and the graphics in this game are amazing and my oh my Rome is one hell of a city with branching rooftops that glimerThis game is amazing it takes everything we love about assassins creed and pulls it out and makes it even more amazing and yes we have realised bugs but not any that takes you out of this masterpiece of an experience with an amazing rival the story really pushes through and the graphics in this game are amazing and my oh my Rome is one hell of a city with branching rooftops that glimer against the dawning sun as your assassin runs and jumps Ezio the main charcter is better than ever he is still charsmatic but now he has a more straight and understanble purpose.....To take back Rome from the Borgias The Gameplay is heavly fixed but still has its touches you can now upgrade towns get all new kinds of weapons and the replay value is shocking. Weapon animatons have been inproved remarkably and so does the entire gameplay of fighting Now since Desmond is always in the AC games we need to touch on his Partition in this time round its not get into seat and play you have to go find batteries for the animus go through the sewers and such and as well see things from the past And let me tell you AC like their cliff hangers and Brotherhood is no exeption Finally Ezio can use his assains to aid him they can use axes knifes crossbows and guns you also need to manage and send them on to missions across the world to win back assassin land but also level them up to unlock weapons and such This game is amazing and a must buy Expand
  28. Aug 21, 2013
    this game was overall the best one so far, everything about this game was just absolutely mindblowing, the story was the best part about this game and gameplay ect was also really great
  29. Sep 28, 2013
    Ezio vuelve en "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" para luchar otra vez más con la orden templaria, en mi opinión la franquicia se mantiene gracias a que Ubisoft ya tiene bien claros nuestros gustos. Además, hablando del juego, es todavía mejor que la segunda entrega. Assassin's Creed se está luciendo mucho últimamente.
  30. Nov 19, 2013
    Ubisoft's great move on making like an expansion pack of a story into a large new engine and a new experience of a stealth action fighting game. Although they share large influence in AC2, they modify it with the 2010's engine, but the story itself requires like an Assassin's Creed 2 game, where it is a direct sequel, but they can addict the fans of assassin's creed by this game. This gameUbisoft's great move on making like an expansion pack of a story into a large new engine and a new experience of a stealth action fighting game. Although they share large influence in AC2, they modify it with the 2010's engine, but the story itself requires like an Assassin's Creed 2 game, where it is a direct sequel, but they can addict the fans of assassin's creed by this game. This game defines the meaning of assassin. Expand
  31. Nov 16, 2013
    Pretty much the same as Assassin's Creed II with a new location (Rome) and a new big feature, which is in the game's title you get to manage a brotherhood of assassin's. Overall loads of fun.
  32. Nov 14, 2013
    This felt like an expansion to Assassins Creed II but it was still almost nearly perfect for my playstation 3 and I gave this game a 9.8 out of 10, it was still amazing.
  33. Nov 19, 2013
    Es idéntico a la segunda entrega, pero mas repetitivo, mas lento en la trama, es un gran juego, pero aun así...deja mucho que desear...muy mejorable, un titulo que no le gana en nada el 2..algo muy malo...ya que se supone que debería ser mejor, eso si, una trama excepcional, mundo sandbox, excelente jugabilidad y gráficos, pero como dije, muy mejorable, ojala lo hubieran pulido mucho mas yEs idéntico a la segunda entrega, pero mas repetitivo, mas lento en la trama, es un gran juego, pero aun así...deja mucho que desear...muy mejorable, un titulo que no le gana en nada el 2..algo muy malo...ya que se supone que debería ser mejor, eso si, una trama excepcional, mundo sandbox, excelente jugabilidad y gráficos, pero como dije, muy mejorable, ojala lo hubieran pulido mucho mas y hubieran innovado mas el juego. Expand
  34. Jan 4, 2014
    10 OUT OF 10. For me, it's the best of the franchise, improved gameplay of the old AC titles, good ambientation, good characters, good history, and the Assassin outfit of this game is awesome.10.
  35. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ezio really shined to me in AC2 up until the end, where all of his efforts to accomplish his revenge mission was all for nothing. That´s when I really disliked him. And this entry didn´t help at all. He wasn´t funny anymore, he seemed blank, and I facepalmed at his excuse of why he didn´t kill the Pope. If he had killed the Pope, Cesar Borgia wouldn´t have been informed by him of the location of the Assassin Order (Monteriggioni), he wouldn´t have stolen the Piece of Eden, AND he wouldn´t have killed Mario in the first place! It dont´t matter if the Pope wasn´t dead at that time according to history, you could have taken liberties, a complete different universe where history was rewritten! Anyway, enough of Ezio´s talk. The story is pretty much the same as AC2: a family member is killed, you go get your revenge, except less memorable and more sillier. Secondary characters are mostly from AC2, but not good as they were previously, with perhaps the exception of Bartolomeo and a little bit of Claudia. Gameplay has taken steps backwards, with a fighting system that is ridiculously easy, and while parkour can still be fun, especially when you go to the highest point of the Roman Colosseum, it´s not as rewarding as Venice or Florence. Assassin´s Guild is completely pointless, because you won´t ever need help in combat. And the game ends on a sour note, clearly copying AC2´s horrible ending in a horrible fashion. The multiplayer, though, is really fun, a refreshing change from first-person shooter multiplayers, with abilities and a deep progression system. Now I would give Brotherhood a red rating, but I give it credit for having a fun multiplayer, decent graphics and a very few fun missions. But overall, it falls behind AC2. Expand
  36. Aug 13, 2014
    This is an amazing game that's an improvement on every aspect over its predecessor (except the framerate which is the only real problem). The plot is much easier to follow, the missions are more fun and they've actually improved the graphics, particularly the lightning during dusk, sunset and night. The music is actually audible here and it's amazing. Free DLC is pretty short but fun, andThis is an amazing game that's an improvement on every aspect over its predecessor (except the framerate which is the only real problem). The plot is much easier to follow, the missions are more fun and they've actually improved the graphics, particularly the lightning during dusk, sunset and night. The music is actually audible here and it's amazing. Free DLC is pretty short but fun, and multiplayer is great (there are some server problems though). This beats AC 1 and 2 by a long margin and it's a must buy. Expand
  37. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 9.5 (rounded up to 10).

While it did feel like franchise milking when everybody heard about Brotherhood, there is no doubt that it is a polished, enjoyable, innovative product like its two predecessors. The story is once again the most important part of the experience, as it catches on straight after the second game. Ezio has just been contacted by the mysterious god from the First Civilisation and is bewildered by the events at play. After a rollicking first level and a cool title sequence, we are flung into Brotherhood. The next few adventures are stock standard tutorial, but after an intimate scene between Ezio and Caterina Sforza, things heat up, with a massive set piece that is unlike anything in AC history. Ezio's uncle Mario is killed and his family becomes dangerously close to death. The story is just as personal as it was in II and the new villain Cesare is a real dick. He embraces incest and is a real spoilt brat- in other words the perfect Renaissance villain and someone who wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Game of Thrones. Poor old Rodrigo doesn't get much screen time though, as his son is intent on taking all the glory.

This Assassin's Creed embraces spectacle with open arms, unlike it's brothers. Every mission feels unique and the assassinations are brilliant. Even the side missions are great, with well paced, challenging tomb exploration, entertaining tasks for the more evolved factions and brilliant heist set pieces where you must recover a machine for Da Vinci- these range from tanks to cannons and each one is awesome.

As would be guessed, the game is once again large (if not as big as the last one) and the open world is one of the most detailed in gaming. Even if it isn't massive, it feels alive and that is the main thing. With better free running, fast travel and horses, you can get around however you like. Combat is a lot better, even if it is now very easy du to the killstreaks and the new weapons are overpowered if good fun to play around with. The present day sections return, but rarely interrupt your game. The ending is also amazing, with a cliffhanger that leaves you breathless.

This entry has a large innovation int he form of competitive multiplayer. The modes are good fun and I had some great times with Wanted. The mode also has its own Abstergo focused story and this is intriguing, if slightly minimal in its uses. Overall, multiplayer is fun, but it feels slightly tacked on and doesn't really fit the tone of the game.

Brotherhood is a remarkable ride from the breathless beginning, to the deadly ending and i had a great time. Just don't expect too much out of multiplayer and get ready for a smaller open world and you'll hav a good time with the game.
  38. Jul 9, 2014
    Brotherhood keeps the setting and characters from AC2 and expands it with a few new ideas. The game is a lot of fun and doesnt change too many things. I really liked the mechanic of recruiting assassins, leveling them up and sending them all across Europe to earn money and fight the templars. All in all, a fun game that follows the path laid out by AC2
  39. Aug 12, 2014
    A second excellent entry in the series, showing that Ubisoft have nailed the formula. The main new ingredient for the single player is the introduction of assassin friends who can aid you and be sent on tasks. There's also the introduction of multiplayer, which while enjoyable, was never a requirement. May have served better as a meaty DLC for AC 2, but you can't deny the beauty of Rome.
  40. Aug 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Game-play:Same as the AC2 (that's not a bad thing)the climbing is good and the combat very good as well
    Story:The story is not something special but you will not board for 8 to 9 hours Graphics: Not even a small improvement from AC2 Notes:There is only one city in the game,Rome and i think that it looks bad really bad , it never gives you a feeling that
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Graphics: Not even a small improvement from AC2
    Notes:There is only one city in the game,Rome and i think that it looks bad really bad , it never gives you a feeling that you control a brotherhood,the online is good and fun,i recommend to buy it specially when the price drops
  41. Oct 13, 2014
    With a few small game-play changes, the game runs a lot smoother than II. With another gripping story to tell and setting to explore, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood hits the nail on the head when it comes to a good game. Requiestcat in Pace.
    9/10 - Ben Hazelden
  42. Oct 19, 2014
    The critically acclaimed single-player experience of Assassin's Creed is back and better than ever as Ezio returns in an epic struggle against the powerful Templar Order. Now a legendary Master Assassin, he must journey into Italy's greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require notThe critically acclaimed single-player experience of Assassin's Creed is back and better than ever as Ezio returns in an epic struggle against the powerful Templar Order. Now a legendary Master Assassin, he must journey into Italy's greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood that will rally to his side. Only by working together can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies. Expand
  43. Nov 19, 2014
    To be honest, Assassin's Creed 2 left us with a cliffhanger ending. It was nice that Brotherhood continued on from that ending, maintaining a perfect sense of continuity.

The next 20 minutes of gameplay left me gutted in a good way. It's these events that fuel Ezio's actions for the rest of the game. Besides retaining the protagonist and the gameplay of the last game, there are

Besides retaining the protagonist and the gameplay of the last game, there are subtle additions the franchise. The first of which is the inclusion of 'Optional Objectives' that contribute to 100% synchronisation. These add an extra layer of challenge to missions and encourage players to revisit sequences that they didn't fully complete. The next is the multiplayer mode, which is a first for the franchise. And last, but certainly not least, is the ability to recruit ordinary civilians and make them part of your Brotherhood. Once recruited, you can level them up, send them on missions or summon them into battle alongside of you to help even the odds. It's this defining feature that earns Brotherhood it's name.

You may have Rome as your only playground, but it's large enough to accomodate your open-world needs. Also new are the Borgia Towers that divide sections of Rome into districts. Conquer these and you liberate Rome.

It may closely imitate the sequel, but AC: Brotherhood is another good mark on Ubisoft's track record.
  44. Jan 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For their third entry, Ubi-soft had to make changes to the game. First of all COMBAT has ben totaly changed.
    No more waiting for the right moment to laucnh a counterstrike on your enemies, now you can combine your kills, making dealing with 5 or 6 enemies at a time.......too easy!?

The new combat mechanig, although visualy good, made the game too easy. The only way that most people that played the game died was via desynchronisation or falling from tall buildings with low health.
    This took some of the excitement out of the game.
    The next big edition to the game was the ability to recruit assassins to help you in missions or in free roam. A fun way to lose a couple of hours in the game, but they had minimal connection to the story and the ending of the game.
    The story takes place in Rome, where Ezio must avenge his uncles death and retrieve the POE from the Borgia family. At first the story seamed exciting but soon after you get to a sertain point or the game it gets booring to say the least. Not only there are far lesser assassination missions of key templars, but the missions themselves were dissatisfactory,
    The graphics also seem a bit off. considering that the first two games were great looking. Rome didnt bring me the satisfaction to treverse than Florence, Venice of Jerusalem.

Not only was the story shorter than AC2, but it was dissatisfactional. The main villain seemed like a fussy baby than a evil conquerer. At his confrontation with his father at the end of the game was funny.
    And after that cutscene there was one line that he said repeatedly throughout the mission... "Give me the apple.......It is mine not yours!"... This perticular line made me laught.
    Not the best entry in the series, but not the worst.
  45. Jan 19, 2015
    I found this game much better that the second at the gameplay.The story is pretty good but not as satysfying as ac 2 story.Now u can ride horses inside towns and turn one kill to many something i loved.Side missions are more and u will spend much more time doing them.Now Ezio is wisher and he doesn't only seek revenge but justice too.It is a perfect continue of ac 2
  46. Mar 11, 2015
    i know my opinion will be drowned by hundres of fanboys but here we go:
    i know my opinion will be drowned by hundres of fanboys but here we go:
    the game is okay. what it does best is giving a false sence of achievement. why is this? well the recruits are just iddle minigames based on time. the guards and dificulty is to laught for. the upgrades and damage are meaningles due to how the combat works. money literaly comes out of nowhere, youll never struggle for money in this game. literaly you have to put effort into loosing in fight with 2 guards.
    this is no stealth game, its a sandbox that looks like one. stealth not only is too easy but meaningless (crossbow) ezio can fight 10+ guys no problem so there's no incentive to being silent. the game actualy has to make some mission "lose if detected" because it cant justify a situation where ezio is overpowered by the guards and it just feels like a cheap win condition that way.
    the story is okay ... but not that interesting and to be honest i was more focused in what desmond's plot was about than ezio's ( and because desmond's is segmented along the franchise its just way too short)
    nope ... not that good
  47. Mar 22, 2015
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a small step back from II but it's nonetheless a worthy sequel that will have a hard time being topped. The developers over at Ubisoft made a smart choice continuing the Ezio storyline; he's still as exciting a protagonist as before. The gameplay isn't changed up much so while it may be thrilling for newcomers, it might get a bit boring for veterans. TheAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a small step back from II but it's nonetheless a worthy sequel that will have a hard time being topped. The developers over at Ubisoft made a smart choice continuing the Ezio storyline; he's still as exciting a protagonist as before. The gameplay isn't changed up much so while it may be thrilling for newcomers, it might get a bit boring for veterans. The open world is stunning and the graphics are brilliant but if you want a true experience, you're better off with its predecessor. Expand
  48. Mar 23, 2012
    Truly, this game is a masterpiece. It builds on everything that was great about Assassin's Creed II and makes it the ultimate experience for the series to date (Keep in mind I review this AFTER Revelations has been released).

This is a game that will keep you occupied for countless hours. This story is well thought out and delivered with great cut scenes, the introduction of recruiting and training assssins is a great touch and the wealth of side missions makes the game not only hard to put down, but will have you coming back for more long after the main story has completed.

For anyone into action/adventure/stealth games I highly recommend this title. At a bargain £15 now you really can't go wrong!

Review 9/10.

Follow me on twitter for more reviews and media updates. @VizualDze

1. Jul 8, 2011
    Recommended to fans of the franchise and also to newcomers. While the single player campaign is entertaining and offers a lot of content, the multiplayer mode is only average. It's a nice goodie, nothing more. The atmosphere, the localization and the videos are pretty well done, which let the player forget time and play hours.
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a more than a worthy addition to the series canon. The similar setting of renaissance Italy will trick folks into assuming this is a half-arsed expansion, but honestly, this feels like Assassin's Creed 2.99. Don't be fooled by Brotherhood's cunningly familiar disguise. Mark it as a fresh target, pounce and take it down. [January 2011 p66]