6.9

1. Jun 30, 2015
    A new main character and a new setting was exactly what AC games needed. Ezio had run his course and it was time to make a change. Along with the new main character Ubisoft completely changed the gameplay. But this was a good thing since the historical setting also changed.

I honestly can't understand the hate for this game. The new gameplay mechanics are great and the story is actually good once more. And the game is long enough again. A lot of variety goes to the gameplay, there are the typical city areas familiar from the previous games and there is the Frontier: a big forest area where you can go about your business. Where in the city you can climb and run on rooftops, in the Frontier you can climb and run on trees. The climbing mechanics are really smooth. Though some players might prefer the old slower climbing mechanics from AC II and Brotherhood.

The present day stuff is an improvement from AC Revelations, but it's still a bit lacking.

(I played this game when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  2. May 8, 2015
    People need to stop whining about this game. Maybe it doesn't have the best controls or the least bugs or the most memorable characters, but dashing through the snow evokes such a great and adventurous feeling. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, but little things like the drumming when you're approaching the redcoat soldiers are done so perfectly it's criminal. It also hadPeople need to stop whining about this game. Maybe it doesn't have the best controls or the least bugs or the most memorable characters, but dashing through the snow evokes such a great and adventurous feeling. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, but little things like the drumming when you're approaching the redcoat soldiers are done so perfectly it's criminal. It also had much more interesting side missions than it's predecessors through the form of homestead missions that I can tell will create so much nostalgia a few years from now. Also, online is awesome! Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2015
    When you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turnedWhen you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turned into one of the best experiences I've had with this series.

The first thing I noticed was just how gorgeous the game is. Outside of some rare moments (mostly during some cutscenes) where bland textures and awkward animations make things look dated it's one of the best looking games I've ever played on PS3. It all helps add to world that feels alive.

The story is excellent. The fantastic historical setting let's us participate with some of the most memorable events of the American Revolution. The characters are brought to life by fantastic performances and fleshed out motivations. The modern day story gets kind of lost in sci-fi mumbo jumbo at times and lost my interest long ago. But those who've stick with it should love the conclusion to the story that started so long ago, even if they might not like the actual ending.

Tons of new additions, subtle improvements, and grand scale make this the most ambitious AC I've played yet. Ships battles are a blast and tons of new side-quests help you feel connected to the world in new ways. I wasn't a fan of liberating sections of cities being tied to obscure objectives not mentioned on the map, but overall that's a minor complaint. The modern day sections finally let Desmond see some action and gives gamers a taste of how an AC game set in the modern-day would be like.

Multiplayer adds a few new features and game modes. The experience makes it harder to pick out who the real people among the AI are provided they aren't being totally obvious. This may make it harder to get kills, but once you get used to it things feels the same. If anything the extra added effort you'll have to put into finding your targets make it more like being an actual assassin.

AC3 improves and expands upon what came before in the series. It tries new things with series and succeeds because of it. However even with the new features it is still an Assassin's Creed game and feels like it. It's both fresh and familiar.
  4. Jan 18, 2015
    I loved this game same with ezio's games.It changes many things from faster climbing to easier but better and more challenging battle.Also it is the first ac game which introduce naval battle.Connor and the story were pretty cool but many hate it.
  5. Dec 21, 2014
    Ac3 is a great game but has some performance issues on ps3 like framerate, but overall this game has so many new mechanics to a formula getting way to old like revelations. The whole forest climbing worried me at first but it works SO WELL!!! it is so fluent. They have added in ranged weapons which are pretty basic and all work the same way and personally I thought the bow was prettyAc3 is a great game but has some performance issues on ps3 like framerate, but overall this game has so many new mechanics to a formula getting way to old like revelations. The whole forest climbing worried me at first but it works SO WELL!!! it is so fluent. They have added in ranged weapons which are pretty basic and all work the same way and personally I thought the bow was pretty disappointing as I expected it to be completely silent but it attracts as much attention as a flintlock pistol. The game overalls story is pretty assassins creed like but some of the characters feel unique unfortunately the main character Rattonhake:ton/ Connor has a very annoying generic robot American voice which kinda sucked, and his character felt like some badass incapable of talking to someone like a normal person like Ezio. The time period this game is set in is very unique having tribal things mixed in with old time british stuff with ships and muskets, and it works fine. You also have a homestead and you can craft pretty cool stuff. I think this game is great for any fan of the series. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2014
    This Assassins Creed game is different than the others, this set in the America's independence, and make a revolution of the genre, it have one of the best history's i have ever seen in a video game, the game play is very cool and the mechanic its very surprisingly good.
  7. Oct 19, 2014
    Pursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds andPursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds and thick fog to hide your attack, liberty is on the line, so unleash your killing power in Assassin's Creed 3. Expand
  8. Sep 20, 2014
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  9. Sep 12, 2014
    I liked the first one at the time, very disappointed with the second one while it remains the favorite of a lot of fans, did not expect too much with Assassin's creed III and I was extremely surprised. The game is less repetitive, exploring woods and going at sea feels great, the story is excellent, I loved it.
  10. Aug 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III
    Game-play:It has been improved with more fluid combat and better climbing but there are some glitches that are really annoying,the counter mechanic is very well made and makes the game fun but it also makes the game very easy,the best part of the game is the ship battles which are well made and really fun
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but
    Assassin's Creed III
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but the characters in the game are boring even Connor the only interesting character in the game is Haytham,but the story out side the animus is better than ever
    Graphics:At last we have an improvement at graphics which they are really good
    Notes:The game has a lot of weapons like bow and tomahawk which is fun to play,i like that the game has 2 cities and a big forest it was really fun to play there,most of the side missions are well made and fun,i recommend getting this game worth full price but it is still far from the AC2
  11. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here it is- the reason that we play Assassin's Creed. The grand end to Desmond's arc and the most advanced entry since II. The Ezio trilogy is finished, after two great, if uninnovative spin offs. Revelations began to show cracks in the once pristine formula of AC, but now that formula has been renewed for more entries from the most popular historic action game in our industry. I just want to add one more thing before I get into the meat of the review- screw you haters. Those who give this game 0s and 1s. Sure, it's buggy, but so is the critically acclaimed Skyrim and I had more problems with that than this (stupid crashes). Lack of innovation? What do you call advanced combat, parkour, crafting, economy... This list goes on. Now that I've ranted, let's talk.

Once again, the story is remarkable. It kicks off with Desmond, who gets a nice slice of content in this game. I was actually looking forward to the present day sections this time around and even if numerous glitches arise throughout his four main adventures, I still loved his greater focus on stealth and the story is nowhere near as confusing as it was in Revelations (first person puzzles are absent thank god!). Over in the Animus, the real action kicks off with Haytham Kenway. The main gameplay mechanics are experienced through him and while his section feels like a 3 hour tutorial, the story telling is remarkable and builds up to a killer final act that ends in a killer twist. Fast forward a few years and we're with Rahok- no I'm not even gonna try pronouncing his name. It's pronounced Rah-ha-doo-n-a-gay-doo and he is the main protagonist. We stick with him for the rest of the game, but the first three hours are spent playing as him in his youth. He later changes his name to the more pronouncable Connor Kenway and embarks on an epic quest to free America and bring justice. So no redemption or revenge themes, but something completely different. NIce! He is a little bland and one dimensional, but this change is welcome after three games with Ezio. The ending on both sides is suitable. Connor has a little bit more resolution to his conclusion, while Desmond leaves us with more questions... but at least they are new!

Gameplay wise, this takes plenty of leaps forward. Stealth is back, with new hiding places, the ability to take cover and plenty of cool takedowns. Combat is more offensive, with attacking placed over defending. Dual Takedowns are spectacular and brutal. Parkour is a whole lot more advanced, with vaulting, crawling and tree climbing introduced to great effect. The brotherhood mechanics are highly refined with multiple useful objects and a highly advanced crafting and trading system will confuse you at first, before making you realise how great this game is. A dynamic weather system, hunting and more variation in environments are three things that help this game to stand out and the graphics are amazing with the Anvil Next Engine. The new Homestead is full of distractions and will suck you in for hours.

Along with the main campaign, there are plenty of collectibles and side missions, with naval gameplay a new feature that will amaze you. It's deep and advanced, the water is lifelike and while you only take to the wheel in missions, there is a sense of freedom to be had. And the action is remarkable! In fact, this is probably the most explosive Assassin's Creed, with plenty of set pieces and great moments. Multiplayer returns as well, with new coop and customisation features that make it a bit more of an attractive feature. It is only natural for assassins to team up...

In the end the game does have plenty of bugs and not even three years of work can cover these. But I didn't have too many problems and the pros far outweighed the cons. This is a brilliant game and one of my favourite games of all time. It also helps that it is the perfect jumping on point for people new to the series, with the new character and recap being great for new fans. If you have any intention of buying ACIII, don't wait- get it immediately!
  12. May 11, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno sin duda los que digan que es malo se equivocan es bueno destaca en todo pero no tanto como los otros assassins creed y se retoma lo mejor que caracterizo la saga aparte de la historia
  13. Dec 22, 2013
    While Assassin's Creed III has great combat, a visually stunning world, and a lot to do, the game has some huge, fatal flaws that detract from the enjoyment. Slow pacing, bad story, and an overwhelming amount of content hold Assassin's Creed III back from the greatness the previous entries achieved.
  14. Dec 17, 2013
    To put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is veryTo put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is very rewarding. I enjoyed the campaign as well (though admittedly I didn't quite finish it). My main complaints with the game are the sometimes inconsistent climbing, the perhaps under-developed sailing sequences, and a few glitches here and there which don't really detract from the gaming experience. Expand
  15. Nov 19, 2013
    The game itself is addicting for it's multiplayer and it's campaign, this game much resembles more on killing sprees actually, and the campaign became a large good bloody effort. But overall, the game is much more on killing then stealth where Connor has more abilities and tools to assassinate.
  16. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with

Sound: The games theme fits with the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  17. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks thatFantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand
  18. Oct 27, 2013
    I got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In allI got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In all another good assassins creed game much needed after the disaster of revelations> if you want to see a bad assassins creed game, just look at revelations. Expand
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III doesn't exceed all my expectations, but it's a no-brainer that it is a deep experience. It's distinctly a visual marvel with the excellent design and beautiful environments, making the exploration a joy and immersive. It improves on combat; taking down enemies with a long variety of weapons, especially with the sweet tomahawk. it's rewarding. And it makes for a goodAssassin's Creed III doesn't exceed all my expectations, but it's a no-brainer that it is a deep experience. It's distinctly a visual marvel with the excellent design and beautiful environments, making the exploration a joy and immersive. It improves on combat; taking down enemies with a long variety of weapons, especially with the sweet tomahawk. it's rewarding. And it makes for a good challenge of using strategy to defeat heavy enemies.
    Parkour feels realistic with the countless of animations added to the character's movements and wandering around trees is an unique pleasure. And, I heard a lot of people saying that climbing was degraded, but that's not the case, because it's fluid and fun.
    Also, adding to the experience is the addicting multiplayer. It's unique, upgraded and a powerful addition to the game, raising up the score. Manhunt is the new mode that requires teamwork instead of selfishness.
    However, the flaws lower the score dramatically. Disappointingly, the stealth mechanics aren't up to par, because of the frustrating enemy AI detecting the player immediately. It's a shame, because rather than feeling like an assassin, you just feel like nothing special.
    Technical issues are almost everywhere in this game, considering how huge this game is. It constantly looses it's great imerrsivness values because of that.
    Focusing on story, I feel that the ending wasn't a nice conclusion and that Connor is a bore to listen to. But, fortunately, the story is well-written and decent.
    What I find average is the naval battles. While cinematic and epic, I don't find them enjoyable enough. But, if they improve the controls of it, make it more challenging and if they add exploration, I would be more than satisfied.
    Assassin's Creed III is a flawed, but deep experience that dares to put many different elements in one game. While no way revolutionary, it's great. (Final Score: 8.40)
  20. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been playing the Assassin's Creed games from the beginning and I'd have to say this one is probably my favorite. I've loved the whole idea behind the AC series and I've really enjoyed the story line. It probably helps that I'm somewhat of a history fan, so being able to virtually walk around New England during the Revolutionary war time is pretty freaking sweet. Also, being a ship captain is one of the most fun parts of the game as well. I'm one of those gamers that will stop and read all of the info pop-ups that appear when you're near a historical site in the game. I guess I'm just nerdy like that. Expand
  21. Sep 28, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed III" en mi opinión el mejor de la franquicia; es porque ésta vez todo es totalmente mejorado: los gráficos, la historia, las ciudades, los personajes son más interesantes y demás. Sería un juego perfecto, pero solo le resté un punto por su final, si bien no es malo, es de todas maneras muy insatisfactorio.
  22. Aug 21, 2013
    AC III truly speaking in the beginning I was disappointed with the game and I didn't want to play but as I spent time and completed the story it became interesting and interesting. UBI Soft has change a lot of things that made the game a new game and difficult as well. some of the new concepts are very difficult like convoy trade etc. I admit the game has some glitches but it is AC weAC III truly speaking in the beginning I was disappointed with the game and I didn't want to play but as I spent time and completed the story it became interesting and interesting. UBI Soft has change a lot of things that made the game a new game and difficult as well. some of the new concepts are very difficult like convoy trade etc. I admit the game has some glitches but it is AC we should ignore little thing behind this big game. I Love AC all versions and AC II as well. The one who like the game in the same conventional manner, they couldn't like this version but as you see the game era is 1700 to 1799 so time time change and the weapons has change. You cannot use all conventional weapons in this era. You have to consider the time as well. I suggest you all to play a bit and spend some time with it and I'm sure you'll definitely like it. Expand
  23. Aug 10, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3! I am a big fan of the AC series, but this...I was blown and surprised for the FIFTH time! Ubisoft did another great game and this time it was their master piece.

In AC3 you play as Connor, an entirely new assassin. He is born in a Native American village where you start off as a kid. You learn how to track, hide, hunt, climb and many more. After being threatened by Charls Lee, you swear that you will find him and kill him.
    The game does a great job of introducing you to the characters. You quickly get attached to Connor as you play trough the story. Your heart will constantly be going crazy while exploring or just watching the cutscenes.

The controls of the game are very nice and smooth. You can quickly switch between targets in a fight which make combat that much dynamic and brutal. The new tree climbing is simply one of the best things in the game. You will find yourself jumping from tree to tree, hang people with your rope dart and fight many enemies while at the same time avoiding being shot. The dynamic fights will make you want to love this game even more! The way animations work is stunning.
    2-3 enemies at a time can attack you at the same time and you will often find your self doing really bada*s moves to counter them in cool ways that feel so natural. You can quickly switch from enemy to enemy with flick of an analog stick. You can counter one enemy while fighting another and the coolest part is that you can quickly change to the weapon you want kill the target with that weapon when you counter them.
    While combat is great and fun, climbing is improved SO MUCH that you will never want to see a horse in your entire time playing, except maybe when chasing people. It feels so natural that you feel like you can do this even in real life. Climbing trees and rocks will change your AC gaming experience so much that you wouldn't ever want to move away from this game.

The game also has ships in it. That's right...SHIPS! The way they've made their new engine work is very good. The water, wind, battles all those things are incredibly well done. It feels realistic and you can really feel like a sailor. The physics in the game are great. Being able to command and improve your own ship is an aspect of the game the polishes it.

Besides some glitches here and there with the lipsynching, posters sinking into the walls (these have happened only once in the 30 hours I've played) and somewhat boring side missions although they can be really fun at times, the game is just beautiful. Parkour, assassination, hunting, board games, well done cutscenes, different languages, great voice acting, great graphics, amazing story line, likeable characters, trading, sailing, fort infiltrating and many more.

My final score is 9/10 just because of those side missions. They had to work a little bit more on those. In previous games the side missions were very fun and a good way to have nice laugh, but here you will find yourself carrying some sick people to a doctor, defending farmers or simply beating up some bullies. There are of course things to collect which makes you explore even more the big world of AC3. But please somebody beat up the idiot that thought of putting in such a bad picklocking mechanic.

This is by far the best Assassin's Creed game yet. Let's hope Ubisoft can keep that up.
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, but a score less than 8 is a complete joke, It is hate, whether it be towards AC for being succesful with yearly releases like they hate COD for or they are anti America and simply hate the game for its American setting and pro American story.
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming generation and in my honest opinion, the best.
    A must have.
  25. Jul 10, 2013
    It is visually striking and there is always something to do. I am a total huntress in life, and that is probably why I spend at least one hour hunting. I find that the historical value of it is mostly high school textbook, only with the assassin imbedded. If you plan on playing the game to compare it to its predecessors, then do plan on being disappointed. It has a completely differentIt is visually striking and there is always something to do. I am a total huntress in life, and that is probably why I spend at least one hour hunting. I find that the historical value of it is mostly high school textbook, only with the assassin imbedded. If you plan on playing the game to compare it to its predecessors, then do plan on being disappointed. It has a completely different take than the other previous Assassin's Creed games. Which for most people I have noticed disappoints them. Expand
  26. Jun 19, 2013
    This game came so close to being better than number 2 for me. It they just decided to not care about people who didn't play the others (sorry about that) the game could have been perfect. Some game-play decisions in the story could have been better, mainly sequence 5,7,8. Some minor decisions like capacity got me mad but besides that I enjoyed this game, to all you bashing it, screw off,This game came so close to being better than number 2 for me. It they just decided to not care about people who didn't play the others (sorry about that) the game could have been perfect. Some game-play decisions in the story could have been better, mainly sequence 5,7,8. Some minor decisions like capacity got me mad but besides that I enjoyed this game, to all you bashing it, screw off, don't buy it, its funny how this was one of the most selling game of 2012. Expand
  27. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AC3 is a nice game to learn the hisory and be a part of the revolution. But killing a major character like Desmond Miles is a BS. The gameplay is a little different but better than the previous games. The multiplayer feels a little different than Revelations.
    I give AC3 a deserved 9/10
  28. Jun 14, 2013
    The story mode obiovusly isn't the focal point of this game. The naval missions are horrid and some of the full synchronization objectives makes you wanna shoot yourself in the face. And I didn't feel myself bonding as much w/ Connor as I did w/ Ezio. However, the combat is the best in the series, and free-roaming and open world aspect is amazing. Colonial America is breathtaking, the bestThe story mode obiovusly isn't the focal point of this game. The naval missions are horrid and some of the full synchronization objectives makes you wanna shoot yourself in the face. And I didn't feel myself bonding as much w/ Connor as I did w/ Ezio. However, the combat is the best in the series, and free-roaming and open world aspect is amazing. Colonial America is breathtaking, the best map being the frontier w/ plenty to explore. Expand
  29. May 18, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III.
    Note: I have decided to include 2 new segments to this review, because there are some things that I can't consider good, or bad.
    Good Points: + The Period of time, the American Revolution is a great time to explore how an assassin and templar brotherhood could have installed there. Haytham Kenway, he's an excellent character and just impossible not to like. The
    Assassin's Creed III.
    Good Points:
    + The Period of time, the American Revolution is a great time to explore how an assassin and templar brotherhood could have installed there. Haytham Kenway, he's an excellent character and just impossible not to like. The comeback of more than 1 city (although you had Capadoccia in Revelations, you practically played all in Constantinople) and the different characteristics of each individual place. The Frontier and the addition of animals and hunting is amazing. The Seasons, now you can have snow and is just beautiful. Climbing trees, it is very useful when you have to scape from something or you just don't want to go on the snow (or whatever reason you find). The Length of both, the story and all side quest, which gave a lot of fun hours. Naval Battles, all (even those who rated this game with a 0) know that this is a TRULY good point. The vast inventory (including heavy, small, normal weapons and also a lot of range weapons). The American Assassin Brotherhood; This time they gave importance to how you meet them and why they decided to join the Brotherhood, giving each Assassin a different background. The Present Day gets really fun on this one, by giving you missions to retrieve power sources. Soundtrack, I always say it's amazing, but I have no word for this one IT'S BRILLIANT. (sorry for that). The Forts, it's really fun to liberate them and take away all Red Coats. Noah Watts and Adrian Hough, they make and incredible voice acting giving it emotion and a really interesting atmosphere. Benedict Arnold missions are just OK and we're lucky that they're free because I wouldn't recommend them if you had to pay for it. The Assassin Suit, is definitely the best Assassin outfit so far. The outstanding graphics, this is visually the best AC game so far. The AnvilNext Engine, it makes the game more realistic and powerful than before (it is also a bad point, check why)
    Bad Points:
    - The Game truly starts at Sequence 8 (considering you unlock New York, the final location, in this sequence), which is a shame, because you don't get full liberty until half of the game. Sequence 1, memory 3 is way to long, there was no necessity of making the ship travel so long. The pacing of the story is very slow and you'll probably get bored in some part of the story. Making board games as part of 100% synchronization, it's awful! Nobody wants board games obligatory. The game is "in parts" you have to buy 1 DLC (Hidden Secrets) to have the full game. Horse Riding, is horrible and in the frontier worst; Red Dead Redemption succeeded to make and incredible horse riding, why can't this game?. One of the most bugged games I have seen, why couldn't they delay the game to make it without any bugs or glitches or leave it with just a few?. The AnvilNext Engine, it was overwhelming for the game in some moments, like now there's a lot of people in the city, but they disappear mysteriously while they're walking (I mean, what?). Stealth, it is totally gone, you kill a guard and the whole city knows it. There's no background music while you're not currently in a mission, and you're just playing for fun, and it helps getting you bored.
    (+ New Segment) Middle Points:
    Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor), I can't say if he is either a good or bad point, because he is so complex and it is up to you to tell if he is a good or bad character. But before, I most tell you something: Ratonhnhaké:ton had the worst imaginable life and I can't say much more without spoiling you anything; before you judge him you most know that people who get that trauma turn to be really bad people. HomeStead Crafting and sending caravans, I don't know if you're going to like it, but for me it was an easier and most interactive way of winning money and trading things than previous Assassin's Creed Games. The Ending, I can't explain how is it a middle point without spoiling, just know that there's a 50 that you like it and 50 you don't. Synchronization ranks; now is more than 1 synchronization objective, so it's sometimes frustrating and sometimes a nice challenge. Simplified Gameplay, now the game has simplified the buttons and for expert AC gamers is boring at times, though if you're a newcomer you'll probably have a great time.
    (+ New Segment) Personal opinion:
    I think this game was awesome, but had flaws like Ratonhnhaké:ton smiling 3 or 4 times in the game, or the game being so slow. The Ending was very shocking for me and I didn't know how to deal with it. Gameplay mechanics we're simplified and that I didn't like.
    Final Score:
    Assassin's Creed III is the biggest, ambitious and inmersive AC game, telling an interesting story and adding some cool things. However, the game didn't fully completed it's ideas and somethings we're changed way too much. The Graphics, design, story are beautiful.
    Average Score: 8.2
  30. May 1, 2013
    AC3 is the best Assassin's Creed game yet, at least that's what I would be saying if the story was better. That is the main thing that was wrong with this game. The gameplay is much better with lots more variety and I love the naval side missions but the story and pacing are the let down here. I find Connor alot less interesting than Ezio and the game tells a good story in the univers ofAC3 is the best Assassin's Creed game yet, at least that's what I would be saying if the story was better. That is the main thing that was wrong with this game. The gameplay is much better with lots more variety and I love the naval side missions but the story and pacing are the let down here. I find Connor alot less interesting than Ezio and the game tells a good story in the univers of AC but Connor as a character just isn't as good. The pacing is also an issue, you don't actually get to play as connor with his full abilities until sequence 6 which is a shame. Multiplayer has improved again with wolfpack mode being very fun if you get good teamates. This game is good but has a lot of potential Expand
  31. Apr 30, 2013
    It is a nice game. the graphics are awesome the story is great. the gameplay mechanics are better compared to other assassin's creed games. The ship sections are amazing. Only the missions are a little bit repetitive and it is only limited to 2 city's and one wood's. lot's to do but replay ability is less.
  32. Apr 25, 2013
    PLOT HOLES NOT FILLED SOME BUGS HEAD-**** PLOT-TWISTS AND SOMETHING ABOUT AN ASSASSIN TURKEY!!!!!!!
    GOOD COMBAT SYSTEM NOT STABBY ENOUGH AVERAGE STEALTH USE!!!!!!!!!
  33. Apr 16, 2013
    I love the AC series everything about it is so fun this one is no different a great storyline good combat graphics and characters a must buy for any AC fan
  34. Apr 5, 2013
    Excellent game. The first AC game I actually enjoyed. I loved the old colonial Boston and New York. as well as the frontier. Overall it is a great open-world game.
  35. Mar 25, 2013
    Not a fan boy of the AC series as this is the first game I have played in the series. I will definatly be getting some of the older titles off the back of this one. As such my review is purely based on my experience of this game and not how it compares to the previous. I loved it. Graffics are cutscenes are great. So much to do apart from the main storyline. Battle system is wonderful.Not a fan boy of the AC series as this is the first game I have played in the series. I will definatly be getting some of the older titles off the back of this one. As such my review is purely based on my experience of this game and not how it compares to the previous. I loved it. Graffics are cutscenes are great. So much to do apart from the main storyline. Battle system is wonderful. Only real issue if you can called it that is that it is far to easy to make money and nothing really to spend it on. Expand
  36. Mar 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't say that I was expecting much from new "Assassin's Creed". Neither I can say that all previous games in the series were bad. At some point they had their problems that made me wish to see the credits rolling. New changes that we could see in the trailers were fascinating. Ship sequences, new protagonist, wild life, new to the series environment and, of course, new time period and setting made fans wonder what the game would be. Playing as two protagonists, who were on the opposite sites of conspiracy gave a fresh look on the main story. Connor, a native citizen of new world, is as good character as Ezio in AC II, but yet Connor manages to let player understand hate and moral choices more than you could image earlier in the series. Storyline of 18th century is mixed with gameplay in the future, that finally became as important and interesting as any other in the game.
    Gameplay was significantly rebuild adding some new features like quick death scenes using different animation from time to time. Fighting scenes became very cinematic not letting you take eyes of your screen. During the game you will also have to command a group of soldiers that are defending their line.
    Other important part that should be mentioned is warship navigation. Although there are only few sea fights in the game, and it is not a flaw, they are the ones you can't forget because they are epic.
    The first thing that comes to mind when I think of AC III is Connor running with his axe in the grass, suddenly appearing behind enemy soldiers and assassinating them. This memory is so strong that it is easy to forget about some minor bugs that appeared during walkthrough. I would even say, that AC III is the buggiest game in the series (after some flaws in first AC), although these bugs were never critical, but they took me out of the game to realize that I was back on my coach. Probably they all were fixed in following patch that I never installed.
    "Assassin's Creed III" is a must buy game for each AC fan and any gamer who likes detailed and original world of a game. I have to add that 3rd big installment of assassin is in my top 5 games list that were released in 2012.
  37. Feb 19, 2013
    The story would have been almost perfect had Ubisoft not jumped through the story so fast, I enjoyed the new assassin Connor with the new features such as better firearms, cover, and weapons but I must admit, there were a few plot-holes that made me a little disappointment, nevertheless it made a good ending to the Assassin's Creed game series
  38. Feb 18, 2013
    Bottom Line: Given the amount of options and exploration, there are many ways to both love and loathe Assassins Creed 3. The good news is with so much variety, a player can craft the perfect story that provides the best game play experience.

Assassins Creed 3 is a fun game. The game is not afraid to explore the darker side of the American Revolution. There is a lot to do in the adventure sandbox world of Assassins Creed 3 because the sandbox is littered with thousands of mini-games like hunting game, liberating areas from Templar control, securing trade routes, searching for treasure, etc., etc. The game also includes a new feature that adds an additional dimension of gameplay. This new feature is captaining your own frigate battleship. This additional gameplay mechanic allows players the ability to engage in naval battles against the British red coats. However, given all these options, there is a certain amount of monotony that accompanies these mini-games. The only real reward is money or the ability to make more money. Perhaps a better incentive would be unlocking new missions and content after mastering a mini-game. Until then I am going to avoid the activities that I find tedious. A part of me feels that the developers of Assassins Creed are ashamed of the game’s core mechanics, which are the assassinations of high profile target. So they make numerous mini-games to appease their unwarranted feelings of embarrassment. Don’t be embarrassed Assassins Creed; the assassinations are the best part and at least the story is compelling. In Assassin Creed 3 we get to explore colonial America through the lens of Connor who is the protagonist of this game. For what it is worth Connor is an amazingly compelling character because of his development throughout the game, but I couldn't help but hate him to for all the whining that he does. In addition there are so many moments where Connor fights with the idea of being an assassin and even believes he doesn't need to kill Templars to accomplish his objective. He will soon find that showing mercy is a terrible trait to have for an assassin.
  39. Feb 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give Assassin's Creed III a 10 out of 10 review because, not only did it have and epic open world setting but the campaign was longer then the other Assassin's Creed games and it had an epic twist in the original story. I also thought that the combat was fantastic because not only did Ubisoft choose to make Connor a Dual Wielder but they added some great cinematic combats too. Finally I think that the new Multiplayer modes were Incredible! Expand
  40. Jan 26, 2013
    Easily the game of the year, "Assassin's Creed 3" is a exciting, emotional roller-coaster of a game. The setting and storyline are compelling and the new main character, Conner, has a character arc that equals that of his predecessor in this series, the much-beloved Ezio. The gameplay is top-notch as well, with streamlined combat and free-running. Also, the naval combat (which was theEasily the game of the year, "Assassin's Creed 3" is a exciting, emotional roller-coaster of a game. The setting and storyline are compelling and the new main character, Conner, has a character arc that equals that of his predecessor in this series, the much-beloved Ezio. The gameplay is top-notch as well, with streamlined combat and free-running. Also, the naval combat (which was the element of I was most skeptical when reading about the game) is amazingly fun. Seriously, they could do an entire DLC of just naval mission and I would be happy.

The only things that stop this amazing game from receiving a 9 or 10 from me is the side games, economy, and rewards. In many of the places you go there is the option to play a board game with someone. These games are obscure, boring, and ultimately pointless as they don't really add much to the overall experience. The crafting and selling of goods is terribly cumbersome and takes far too long to get even one trading caravan on the road (a menu redesign for this element is all it would take for the next AC - the idea behind it is solid). The big problem I have with this game, however, is the fact that you have to subscribe to Uplay in order to get the extras that are promised in-game. I don't have a problem with wanting to make some extra money and all, but if you have a slot for Conner to have a new outfit in the $60 package I've paid for, shouldn't the outfit or weapon that goes there be unlockable in that package? I found that aspect to be the most troublesome of all.

These quibbles detract only slightly from the game, however. Assassin's Creed 3 is the game I hoped it would be and I look forward to seeing Conner take part in other events in American history. The war of 1812, perhaps?
  41. Jan 23, 2013
    I enjoyed the game, tho the gameplay and story didn't get me as involved as Assassin's Creed II. The ship battle was excellent, so overall I would consider this game a good one.
  42. Jan 22, 2013
    Amazing!! Never played a game like it and don't think a single game can touch it. The combat made at first make me hate the game but once I got the hang of it I could see the amazing storyline and captivating scenery. Sometimes I would get stuck on a rock but that was rarely the case. Also once I got the Ezio robes I felt like a true Assassin. BUY THIS GAME!!!!
  43. Jan 18, 2013
    Reviewed it for friends long back , hope it helps people here ,

So yeah played & completed Assassins Creed 3 , i guess it took me 14-15 hours to complete the main story alone , Sequences are quite big & some missions are annoying at first till you get the hang of it , so here are my thoughts / review if you will of the game , I'm keeping it spoiler free as much as possible , +ves :
    Reviewed it for friends long back , hope it helps people here ,

+ves :
    - Great environmental graphics , good character models though the graphics for then could be a little better but still they are really good
    -Desmonds missions are quite well done though they lack a map to guide but navigation is relatively simple so not a biggie
    -The ending ties the story together very well so you don't find any lose ends to criticize
    -Haytham is an awesome character introduced in the series , stole the show for me
    -Audio is class , feels like you are living the revolution
    -Rope darts are a joy to use , purchasable weapons help , swords , axes are really useful to killing big commanders in case there is no ammo or rope dart is used up

-ves :
    -Weak individual character build up except a few characters who are really nailed spot on , some characters storyline seem to take a odd turn and while not bad at all they aren't digestible
    -Hunting is poorly inspired , they could have done so much better , the QTE events just take the fun right out of it
    -Naval combat is a interesting concept & while it does work good to the point of no serious issue , complains do arise due to tight handling of the ship & navigating & defending the ship amidst of a enemy attack while rotating a confused camera is a annoying job
    -The world doesn't encourage you much, to explore it's beauty , and it still feels like jumping from one sandbox to another
    -Tomahawk is a overrated weapon , weapons available for purchase are overpriced
    - Tree climbing is not a very helpful skill that it could have been & if not properly skilled the player is slowed down , and finding the 2-3 specific types of trees in a situation of danger is troublesome

Overall for a first outing by a 3rd person open world game set in colonial America it does a real good job of capturing all the important events while keeping you entertained , some of it's flaws aside , this is one game that any open world enthusiast and above a conspiracy theory nut should not miss , considering the ending i am glad this is my first assassins creed game purchase :p

AssassinS Creeds 3 >>> 8/10
  44. Jan 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game, but its without a doubt, the worst in the series. As a stand alone game, it feels more like a GTA sandbox than an AC one, with a protagonist of grayish morality that works with many factions (Assassins, Templars, British, Patriots), without developing a significant bond with any of them, each one represented by a set of quirky or interesting NPC that give you an errand, even the "traitor figure", the one that is friendly at first, introduces you to the world, betrays you and is confronted in the end (Dimitry, Gary, etc), can be seen in Charles Lee. To this, one must add the more horizontal focus on the game and the fact that the horse is your main transportation method. ENVIROMENT and SETTING: the colonial period as a setting is a bad choice, since firearms have been introduced in previous games, the time period brings nothing new, the architecture is the same in both Boston and New York, specially when it comes to viewpoints as they are the same goddamn church, and the only variation is the mast in beacon hill. The frontier can feel claustrophobic and slow at times specially during winter, since you are surrounded by vertical elements that you cant always climb. There are places that look gorgeous, like the fields of New York, but the game doesnt encourage their exploration, they are dead space. Even as a history element, it could be argued that Desmond and company must search in america because they are pinned there, but they seem to change locations with ease.
    MAP: the map has its problems, as certain mission only show up when discovered, and it is difficult to distinguish an explored place from an unexplored one. COMBAT: The main innovation is regenerative health and the different strategies for different enemies, however health only goes up outside of combat, and most enemies can only be attacked in one way, leaving no room for variation of combos. WEAPONS: Unlike previous AC games, most weapons are unlocked since the begining for you to buy, in the end you realize that the best weapons are acquired early on, and are even cheaper than most of them. Your FISTS are FREE and are EQUALLY EFFECTIVE. STEALTH: The AC franchise is known for the ability to blend in the crowd, but in this installment all the variety introduced in the last 3 games seems pointless, when your are chased by guards and decide to hide in a bench, well, or haystack, one will always stay behind and search your hiding spot, eventually finding you if you dont kill him, and if you do the others might see you, thus making it more effective to just kill them all in place. You can cross through whole buildings to evade platoons, but chances are there is another one on the other side, and such places require you to stop and look for them. You can pass near "Vigilantes" to stop them, but they are few and far in between. Only one NPC is required to blend. The detection rate has gone up so climbing rooftops can be hard withouth alerting the whole city. SHOPS: Since AC 2 there have been plenty of different shops each with its own merchandise, however in AC3, they all share the same inventory, and have to be discovered by entering them, all the shops in the world are basically one. SIDE-MISSIONS: These are the core gameplay of a free roaming game, and its where AC3 fails hard, as they interconect and the pacing of their introduction render some pointless, mainly due to relying on the crafting system which really only progresses with the story, for example Almanacs must be chased after, normally with a conga line of red arrows, collecting them unlocks RECIPES with high requirements and when you craft them they are DECORATIVE INVENTIONS, that you cant use in any way. Overall, the unlocks consist in outfits, but most of them dont carry the Assassin theme. In summary it feels that they build the game around the crafting, hunting and naval mission systems, rewarding you with the activity itself rather than a final prize. STORY: This game learned nothing from its predecesor, having instead 3 protagonists, the intro confuses more than anything and only shows how little development Desmond has, his sections are walking from one cutscene to another, where the delivery come from an obviously evil "ghost"?, they made the terrible mistake of using a character from a tie-in comic as a pivotal one, mr Cross, whose appearence is sudden and everyone seems to know him, and a lil' wiki check on him only comes up with better material for possible games. Haytham and Connor's history is disjointed and shallow in importance, the first one isn't the antagonist, an exists solely for a plot twist in the begining and to reinforce the templar/assassin dichotomy, as for the latter, he shifts both his alliance and his hatred of his situation so much that he just seems hateful for no reason.
  45. Jan 13, 2013
    I don't understand why this game is getting such bad reviews. Let me cut to the chase, the game is simply outstanding and some people are just not realizing that. For me, I am more of a "history" kind of person, so I enjoyed the game very much. I consider this game the best of the franchise, not the worse. With more positives than negatives for this game, I am going for another positiveI don't understand why this game is getting such bad reviews. Let me cut to the chase, the game is simply outstanding and some people are just not realizing that. For me, I am more of a "history" kind of person, so I enjoyed the game very much. I consider this game the best of the franchise, not the worse. With more positives than negatives for this game, I am going for another positive here. Some people are in the middle, or undecided about the game almost, for me, I'm not. The game had everything in it that made it both fun, and suspenseful. I got my hands full whenever the twists of the game began, whenever I saw some parts of the game, I was completely mind-boggled, and wanted to keep playing more and more. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  46. Jan 8, 2013
    Every single person who vote this below 9 is an unbelievable retard! Before trying out this one I thought... yeah... Assassins Creed again... tryied the first one, second one and the other series... they are just Assassins Creed... you ALWAYS know what the game is about, do the same thing and know that every single mission in all the past Assassins Creed series are actually all the sameEvery single person who vote this below 9 is an unbelievable retard! Before trying out this one I thought... yeah... Assassins Creed again... tryied the first one, second one and the other series... they are just Assassins Creed... you ALWAYS know what the game is about, do the same thing and know that every single mission in all the past Assassins Creed series are actually all the same and the is BORING. I wanted to give this one a try and.... hhhh... I never felt this feeling before. I only had this feeling when I tried World of Warcraft Classic, Burning Crusade and Fable 1 and that's years ago!!! Those days were so GOOD addicting... Those games were sexy games and I loved them :D and you won't believe this.. Assassins Creed 3 is JUST LIKE THEM! The story is actually epic and cinematic just like Uncharted 2 and the gameplay feels facking relaxing just like World of Warcraft Classic and the RPG elements feels just as original as Fable 1: The Lost Chapters. In few words this game is insane and addicting with this relaxing feeling you probably had when you tried the first series of World of Warcraft role-playing games. Why? In Assassins Creed 3 they changed EVERYTHING from start to scratch. They even changed the way you use the buttons. They even changed the health bar and the sound effects. This is not Assassins Creed 1, 2 or the expansions... this is a brand new one which doesn't even remind about the old ones. It's a whole new project WAY different from the other ones. The graphics looks like Uncharted 2 and way more improved than the old Assassins Creed games. You don't hang around the streets everytime and searching for those Eagle Eye buildings to do sidemissions everytime. For the first time the game is actually telling the story just like they do in movies. This time it's DEFINITELY not about running on roofs and killing people. No... Maaaaaan this is a very bad review by me :D sorry about that buy I just can't explain it. It's just too much... it's wonderful! I couldn't explain how good World of Warcraft Classic was at the beginning because it's was good in every perspective you look at. It's a monster because it feels like a real roleplaying-game just like Warcraft 3, Diablo 2... maaaaan... try this out. This game can't be described in words. And no I'm not a nerd :D This is just too much perfect. Expand
  47. Jan 6, 2013
    Here's what you need to know about AC III: it is a good game. There are some gameplay and visual issues here and there, but it is by no means a broken or bad game. The problem with it being a "good" game is that we were promised something revolutionary and spectacular, and Ubisoft did not deliver in that respect. If you enjoyed the other games in this series, there is still enough fun toHere's what you need to know about AC III: it is a good game. There are some gameplay and visual issues here and there, but it is by no means a broken or bad game. The problem with it being a "good" game is that we were promised something revolutionary and spectacular, and Ubisoft did not deliver in that respect. If you enjoyed the other games in this series, there is still enough fun to be had with AC III. Expand
  48. Jan 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think this game is cool because it got cool warfares and fighting moves but too bad...i had nocticed that MOST of the Assassin's Creed series have endings that ended with u unexpected and a feeling of not enough explanation. (Also, AC series doesnt like boss fight or huge warfares at the end) I always loved how the story goes, like there is Present Day and back to the animus. Too bad for wat? Well, i think its too bad that the game is such a great invention but so short. Sleeping Dogs will be the example of Assassin's Creed III. I thought there will be a long way to play after Desmond plug in the power sourse and we will get back to Connor. Well, we DID. YEAH, AFTER THE CREITS. Everytime i finished a AC game, i HAVE to do research for wat the hell happened at the end or wat s gonna happen. I DID NOT expect touching a ball will be the end of Desmond and all. But the reason why i gave a very high score, is because the warfares and fighting are very fun. I remembered that there are canon warfares and ship warfares but...i think they place the warfares on the wrong spot. Expand
  49. Jan 3, 2013
    Assassins meet Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted, and Skyrim. EXCELLENT game with some forgivable glitches. I was not a fan of the previous titles in this series. I played AC II and while I enjoyed it, I couldn't get into it. ACIII has me hooked however.

The open world format is incredible, and seeing Boston brought to life is absolutely amazing. I love the fact that I can climb on buildings that are still standing today. The crafting is handled in one of the best ways I've seen yet. No more of this 'my character does it all' (fight/explore/blacksmith/leatherman, etc.), but rather, these things are managed by you but w/ a quite an explicable backdrop whereby you are recruiting others to do the work for you, while you're off saving the world. The free running through the forests and trees is phenomenal but this is where some of the glitches come to light. As I said, this is forgivable as one takes in how much the dev's accomplished with transferring the style to the forests, as if the cities weren't cool enough. Well done! The horseback riding is similar to Red Dead Redemption but doesn't flow quite as well especially over and around some of the rocky terrain.

But those are minor things for a game that has added some pretty phenomenal stuff to the mix. When I played Uncharted 2 and 3, I envisioned how cool a game like that would be with a Ninja or Assassin; now I have it. Excellent game world to lose yourself in for hours upon hours.
  50. Jan 1, 2013
    This is one of the games which i've been looking forward to for like the entire year. AC 3 came back to what made AC 2 as good as it was, the major storyline was very refreshing since it was not set in Italy but the entire indian thing did not exacly work for my. The main protagonist Connor lacks most of the epicness which Ezio had in the previous parts of AC. Where I think people mightThis is one of the games which i've been looking forward to for like the entire year. AC 3 came back to what made AC 2 as good as it was, the major storyline was very refreshing since it was not set in Italy but the entire indian thing did not exacly work for my. The main protagonist Connor lacks most of the epicness which Ezio had in the previous parts of AC. Where I think people might want to be Ezio, they probably were annoyed by certain things Connor does. But there were also a lot of stronger points in AC 3. I liked the graphics and the environment pretty much and the brand new animals in the game. Than there is mister Kenway who made the start of the game rather confusing for me because I expected to play Connor. It ended up that Haytham Kenway was like the character i'd wanted to play in stead of Connor, he makes the player doubt the assassins and he shows what the templars are. Even though the game wasn't as good as i expected it would be, it still was a pretty decent game. I might recommend to most of my friends who'd like AC but the epicness is mostly putten away by Connor. Expand
  51. Dec 30, 2012
    Best AC game in the series. It may not have the freedom of AC I, but it more than makes up for it with some returning aspects like eavesdropping and new stealth elements. Connor is an amazing Protagonist and the setting is beautifully done. nothing like Italy, but that`s why I love it. It never aspired to be the vivid environments of Venice or Florence. It was on it`s own and it made theBest AC game in the series. It may not have the freedom of AC I, but it more than makes up for it with some returning aspects like eavesdropping and new stealth elements. Connor is an amazing Protagonist and the setting is beautifully done. nothing like Italy, but that`s why I love it. It never aspired to be the vivid environments of Venice or Florence. It was on it`s own and it made the best with the Colonial American setting. Best Story, Great Combat and welcome distractions such as the homestead and Naval combat. definitely worth every penny Expand
  52. Dec 27, 2012
    Being the first Assassins Creed game ive played this game is magnificent. The story flows so well in the game. The combat is pretty good and i like the hunting part of the game. The only thing that i thought was bad was one of the character not moving its lips when he talked. The game is a lot of trial and error for me and that is what makes it fun (but can irritate me too).
  53. Dec 21, 2012
    Everything (that we've learned to love and hate) is here. Gameplay, graphics, mechanics, we all know what to expect. Does this mean A3 is more of the same? No. And this is why I'm giving it a positive review. A3 is a breath of fresh air, even though it's pretty much the same game from before. It's the small tweaks that made the difference. The environment (finally leaving old Europe) isEverything (that we've learned to love and hate) is here. Gameplay, graphics, mechanics, we all know what to expect. Does this mean A3 is more of the same? No. And this is why I'm giving it a positive review. A3 is a breath of fresh air, even though it's pretty much the same game from before. It's the small tweaks that made the difference. The environment (finally leaving old Europe) is gorgeous, with a beautiful scenery and an open world that reminded me of Red Dead Redemption. The whole concept is fantastic as well (the assassins and the templars involved with the American Revolution). The new character, Connor (it's impossible to write his Indigenous name) is an interesting one, with a charm of his own; and it's great to play with someone else then Ezio. Another great addition are the naval battles, which function as the best mini-game in the series so far. I don't know where Ubi is taking this franchise but this time, at least, they really offered something with a new taste. And, for me, gave the series some lifetime to burn. Not the best game in the world (and not the best game of 2012) but a great game nevertheless. Must not be missed. Expand
  54. Dec 17, 2012
    I just finished playing through the campaign and must say it's been a hell of a ride. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the game and there were no moments where I wanted to put down my controller, with the exception of spending too many hours playing. I wasn't too huge a big fan of the series, but this game won me over. This game has beautiful animations, great story telling and funI just finished playing through the campaign and must say it's been a hell of a ride. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the game and there were no moments where I wanted to put down my controller, with the exception of spending too many hours playing. I wasn't too huge a big fan of the series, but this game won me over. This game has beautiful animations, great story telling and fun gameplay with many different things to do around the world. The difficulty is not very hard unless you try to complete all objectives. Would highly recommend for all gamers or anybody who just wants a great story. Expand
  55. Dec 16, 2012
    AC III is a controversial game. It's obvious that it will be percieved through the prism of latest games in the series. The Revolutionary War feels epic but the new protagonist in the middle of it is more likely catalyst of action, rather than main revolutionist of the plot. Just like Altair, to be fair, during The Third Crusade. Connor, new assassin, is not quite dull as it seems. He is aAC III is a controversial game. It's obvious that it will be percieved through the prism of latest games in the series. The Revolutionary War feels epic but the new protagonist in the middle of it is more likely catalyst of action, rather than main revolutionist of the plot. Just like Altair, to be fair, during The Third Crusade. Connor, new assassin, is not quite dull as it seems. He is a pride Mohawk, weighing every word. At the end of the game he is 18-19. Ezio was at the 19 when he became an assassin. Altair was 24. Maybe Connor isn Expand
  56. Dec 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I came into this with much baggage, thinking the team had gone too far in implementing an era that didn't really suit the previous chapters. How wrong I was! This period in time was sublime, fitting and engaging for almost all of the game. It does take a while to warm up, but once it does, the characters, environments, story and voice acting swallow you in for one amazing open world ride. Although the engine is aging, AC3 looks stunning almost all of the time, especially during the naval missions. My only gripes revolve around it's lacklustre protagonist, it's occasionally sketchy combat mechanics and...it's bland, bland ending. If you think Mass Effect 3's was a letdown, wait till you see this brain fart! But at the end of the day, you're still left with one of the best titles of the year, and one that will be a thrill for anyone who appreciates a game that isn't riddled with the ADD swamped fury that our consoles have been plagued with a la FPS. Expand
  57. Dec 7, 2012
    Finally, Assassin's Creed gets some renovation. After 2 COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY half-sequels, half-add-ons a full-scale part of the franchise is out. But does it live up to the expectations of the grand ending of the trilogy? Not quite. Firstly, the story. AC3 introduces a new era - American Revolution, and with it, a new character - Connor Kenway (who also has some long unpronounceableFinally, Assassin's Creed gets some renovation. After 2 COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY half-sequels, half-add-ons a full-scale part of the franchise is out. But does it live up to the expectations of the grand ending of the trilogy? Not quite. Firstly, the story. AC3 introduces a new era - American Revolution, and with it, a new character - Connor Kenway (who also has some long unpronounceable Indian name) The main plot is quite alright, with Ubisoft actually fulfilling the promise not to make the game pro-american. It's not, you have to fight against the patriots as well as the redcoats and the Founding Fathers aren't idealised at all, with George Washington himself being shown as a weak leader and a poor tactician. I personally don't have problems with the main character (and I certainly don't find him worse than the overrated Ezio Auditore), but one thing can't be denied - when compared to his own father (who serves as a secondary protagonist for like, 4 hours of gameplay), he lacks his charm and charisma. If Ubisoft decides to make another annual half-baked "sequel" (and they will, everyone loves money), they should definitely devote it to Haytham's backstory. However, as for the modern-age plot with Desmond struggling to save the world, things are not as bright. Desmond's missions are stupid and boring, and the ending is totally underwhelming, it's not an ending in fact, just an open gate for a sequel of some kind. I was hugely disappointed by that, since I liked Desmond's story before. Now to the technical part of the game. It looks just beautiful - AnvilNext provides some beautiful scenery, especially the Frontier. The protagonist's animations have been remade, and now just watching Connor climb the trees and jump over fences is a joy. The game suffered from some glitches in its 1.0 version, but that didn't ruin the game for me. Anyway, to the gameplay. It's still the AC gameplay you're all used to, no revolution here, sadly, just a few tweaks. Same lame "stealth", ending with you forced to go into an open fight 9 out of 10 times, basically the same combat system (with one change - you don't need going into the blocking stance to counter, so it's a bit faster and smoother) One welcome addition is the sea battles. Connor takes the role of the Captain of the Aquila, the Assassins' fleet flagship, and crosses the seas, fighting other vessels, while boarding some of them. One thing that I'd like to mention, is the soundtrack. Ubisoft somewhy didn't hire Jesper Kyd for it, so Lorne Balfe took his place. While the main theme is memorable, most other tunes are not, and that is a shame, since Jesper Kyd's music helped a lot to dive into the atmosphere of a particular age. To sum up, it's a good game, neither much better nor worse than AC2 in my opinion, mostly improving over its predecessor. One thing that it shows is that the franchise doesn't need to go Call-of-Duty-like annual. It's the first game in the franchise since AC2 that I actually enjoyed. Expand
  58. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here is my review of the game, first the graphics, the graphics in this game are really detailed and beautiful, the character models and the environments are great and when you reach a highpoint, you will not want to go down just because you want to apprecciate the scenery, especially in the frontier, now the gameplay, this is your typical ac gameplay but with some cool tweaks, the controls have changed, now you counter with o or b in ps3 or xbox, you knwo have double counters and combos which feel great , it is also dual wielding , the combat if done right you can teke out large groups of enemies like a boss because of the dual wielding you can now kill cleanly and quickly, it also has a greater stelath feature with some new itmes like the bow or the rope dart, and some other new functions that meake the steakth easier and cooler, you also have hunting, where you can hunt animals and sell their pelts at a certain cost based on the way you killed the animal, which is really cool and interesting, you also have club challenges which are also fun to complete, the naval warfare is good, ot is fun and keeps the game fresh, and you can also upgrade your ship, all of the gameplay is a ton of fun, the only minor problem I had though was the crafting interface, at the beggining it was confusing as **** characters: the characters in this game are really likeable and well done, i almost cried when achilles and haytham died, connor for me is in par with ezio as a character and all of the characters are really deep and they make you care about them, at least for me, i wanted every memeber of the templar order to die , and at the same time i was worried of what would happen to connor and his companions throughout the story.
    story, it is a direct sequel to assassins creed revelations you start the game as desmond where he and his friends find a crypt but then desmond starts to have allucinations and he eventually faints, i'm not going to say anymore to don't spil anything more than i did, but the story is so well done that i never wanted to stop playing, and i LITERALLY dodn't want too, if i had to pee i would say to myself **** IT!! i want to know what happens next.
    Overall in MY opinion it is a 10 out of 10, it has some minor issues and bugs but i think it raises the bar so high that it doesn't deserved any pints of. Peace
  59. Nov 27, 2012
    This game is absolutely AMAZING!!! After the second game, assassin's creed kind of went downhill but now its right back on course. I wasn't particularly impressed with brotherhood and revelations but this time I got that fresh feeling I got when I played ACII for the first time. The graphics are awesome and there is so much to do. So many side quests. I also found the story better than theThis game is absolutely AMAZING!!! After the second game, assassin's creed kind of went downhill but now its right back on course. I wasn't particularly impressed with brotherhood and revelations but this time I got that fresh feeling I got when I played ACII for the first time. The graphics are awesome and there is so much to do. So many side quests. I also found the story better than the previous games. Connor is the best protagonist yet with a sense of honor and his story threads are very thoroughly explored. All in all, Assassin's creed III is the best assassin'screed yet and definitely (in my opinion) the best game of 2012. It is a must buy for any TRUE assassin's creed fan Expand
  60. Nov 25, 2012
    This title is my Game of the Year. While a few bugs do exist, they were expected knowing that this is a brand new engine. However, none of the glitches are "game-breaking" which is definitely good news. Quite frankly, there is so much to do with this title, it's bound to keep you busy for weeks, if not months. Graphics are gorgeous. Controls work well. And running around inThis title is my Game of the Year. While a few bugs do exist, they were expected knowing that this is a brand new engine. However, none of the glitches are "game-breaking" which is definitely good news. Quite frankly, there is so much to do with this title, it's bound to keep you busy for weeks, if not months. Graphics are gorgeous. Controls work well. And running around in Revolutionary America is a whole lot of fun. You cannot go wrong with this game. Expand
  61. Nov 23, 2012
    First of all, the gameplay is truly awesome and the changes made into the mini-games and mostly into the combat system are for the best. The new engine provides us fresh graphics and the story is great (even if it's a bit hard to follow). Now, on the downside: so many glitches! You truly can't have a whole gaming session without being attacked by guards even if incognito or getting stuckFirst of all, the gameplay is truly awesome and the changes made into the mini-games and mostly into the combat system are for the best. The new engine provides us fresh graphics and the story is great (even if it's a bit hard to follow). Now, on the downside: so many glitches! You truly can't have a whole gaming session without being attacked by guards even if incognito or getting stuck into a mountain! So overall it's great if you can get passed the bugs and I'm looking forward for patches. Expand
  62. Nov 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall, the game was great. The fights were more fluid and the facial expressions, while unnecessary, were nice. With the ability to easily climb up trees and through forests, it was fun to hunt prey, human or animal. The Homestead missions and Peg Leg missions were fun, but felt long and pointless even for Assassin's Creed. The trading aspect was interesting, but again pointless. You never had any use for it except for the dual pistol holder. The language, society, and technology of the time was represented well. Beginning with Haythem was a nice touch and the fact that it turned out he was a Templar was surprising to say the least. And even when you later joined up with Haythem as Conner. The liberation side missions were the perfect thing to get away from the drag the main story could become if you're anal about 100% sync. The story was quite enjoyable with interesting twists and decisions. Desmond sacrificing himself to save the world was surprising and leads one to wonder, "What's next?" The game was definitely lacking in overall joining of all the elements within the game, but it did not distract from the overall enjoyment of the game. Expand
  63. Nov 20, 2012
    I have revised. As the game progresses becomes increasingly good. The only hero I do not like it, but otherwise perfect. also the best of the new things in the game, the community, to become bigger and bigger. The best of the AC. If you exclude the hero and the era of the game.! As for the long haul. there are icons for fast travel. And i forget the great hunting, and epic naval battles
  64. Nov 20, 2012
    Hours and hours of gameplay, great history, great naval battles, Great characters, and hunting... VARIETY!! Of course it will not please everybody, but... HEY!! IT'S VERY FUN!!
  65. Nov 20, 2012
    Great game, BUT.....
    First of all the game have some fantastic scenarios and the fact that you can climb trees, hunt beers and what have you, is very entertaining.
    The rest of the game is as you would expect from Ubi-soft, except for all the bugs and there's A LOT of bugs. I thought AC:R was bad but this takes the ticket. First of all the mouth of the people in the cutscenes in the
    Great game, BUT.....
    I thought AC:R was bad but this takes the ticket.
    First of all the mouth of the people in the cutscenes in the beginning of the game wasn't even moving. The horses looks horrible compared to earlier games and they move in mysterious ways.
    This might seem like small things but it's just so.....1995, and it ticks me off, hence dragging the whole experience down.
    With that said, it is AC after all, and it does give me the AC feeling, the AC challenges and the AC experience, so I will go for the platinum even for this game, I just think Ubi-soft would be better off if they had held for a couple of months more.
  66. Nov 19, 2012
    As a big fan of the AC series, I am incredibly pleased with the awesomeness that is this game. It has come a long way from it's clunky great-great-grandfather, Assassin's Creed I. This game is full of exciting moments, great character development and solid gameplay. I was worried that using the trees instead of rooftops would bog down the free-running mechanic, but I was so so wrong. ItAs a big fan of the AC series, I am incredibly pleased with the awesomeness that is this game. It has come a long way from it's clunky great-great-grandfather, Assassin's Creed I. This game is full of exciting moments, great character development and solid gameplay. I was worried that using the trees instead of rooftops would bog down the free-running mechanic, but I was so so wrong. It makes it better. The only thing that holds this game back from knocking AC II off of its pedestal as the greatest AC game is that the protagonist, Connor, is pretty bland and uninteresting, but I really hope that he has a chance to develop in later instalments of the franchise. The other thing that bogs this game down is the ending. It is incredibly confusing and just plain bad. So, overall this game is a must buy for any fans of the series, I had fun with it, and I'm sure most of you will too. Expand
  67. Nov 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ah...Assassin's Creed, how I love this series.
    Unfortunately, I can't call AC 3 the best of the series, or even my favorite.
    But that doesn't mean it is a bad game, oh no! The start of our Assassin's story begins with quite a twist! ...But I wouldn't spoil to much about it.
    It was interesting to see the story from the point of view from a character who isn't an Assassin though. But after the start it quickly follows the old AC formula, kill these Templars (in an interesting way) to progress with the story, meet interesting people from history and do some free-running. Not that the formula is bad, it's one of the reason I enjoy the games! But there are some things about it that just piss me off, Connor has a chance to kill one of the major Templars on more than one ocassion...But doesn't! Even after the bastard left Connor to die/fend for himself everytime he left! That pissed me off a little... he has his reasons of course, but whatever. Another thing I truly loved were the missions on sea.
    Not only did the ocean look beautiful on a clear sunny day, and terrifying during storms, the combat between ships was some of the most fun I had while playing. Sinking pirate ships, boarding ships and fighting the crew on deck and simply sailing around was tons of fun! I hope Ubisoft makes use of the engine they used for AC 3 to make a pirate game! But let's continue with this review. Though I enjoyed the sailing side-quests (I promise to shut up about them now) I didn't really bother with the rest of the side-quests. You can chase and collect Almanac pages (which frustrated the hell out of me), collect feathers (which I only did in the turtorial mission), hunt, brawl, Frontier mysteries, take Assassination contracts and so much more... Honestly, to me it seemed like all that stuff was just there to pad out the game. Then again, solving some of those Frontier Mysteries was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the music they used for the Brawls! The rest I didn't really do. As for the Homestead? I can't say that I hated it.
    I generally liked building up the village and as I did more missions, I felt closer to the people living there. There is this one mission where the abusive husband of one of the women living in your Homestead tries to break into her home and take her back, or beat her up or whatever...I wasn't really paying attention because I really hated that guy and was filled with glee as my fellow villagers and I stomped the **** out of him and his friends. But, unfortunately, in most of the missions you have to do for them to make your village grow and gain more crafting material (more on that later) it feels as if they are to lazy to do it themselves (even though some have good reasons, like being a deserter for example) or that you have to hold their hand while you are doing it. Another part of the Homestead is the whole crafting/trading buisiness.
    ...I can honestly say that I did very little with it. I crafter a few weapons, and traded maybe three or four times in the entire game. It just seemed like something else to pad out the game with, and not really an all that usefull future... But I'm sure there are some people who enjoy micro-managing this sort of stuff. Now to our two main characters.
    Desmond: Honestly? When I first heard of this game I thought that we would finally get to play as Desmond. Jumping around exploring modern cities to find clues left behind by the First Civ that could help save the world, while fighting Abstergo as they are hot on their heels. And maybe finally build up a real relationship with his team through real conversations and fighting side by side, instead of the short talks we get when we leave the Animus (and the e-mails you recieve). But no, even though we do get some short (and pretty fun) missions with Des, I never really got to know him. Or cared for him as I did for Altaïr, Ezio and even Connor. Connor: I liked Connor, but not as much as the previous Assassins. Through Ezio and Altaïr we really got to know what the Assassins stood for, the history of their order in their homeland and why they fought. Connor does have a pretty good reason for wanting to fight the Templars, I give him that. But you never really seem to see him as an Assassin. We only hear about the dissapearance of the Brotherhood through short talks and an entry in the database, and we don't see much of his training either. I still liked him, even though he didn't express much emotion (aside from the occasional angry outburst.).

Anyway, this was my review!
    Despite some negativety on my part, I really liked it! I still have some pet peeves (like how everyone politely waits, and attacks one at a time, in combat. Waiting to be slaughtered) but I'm running out of words. All I wish to say is that I enjoyed this series, and hope to see more of it! (Which is pretty damn likely, considering the sequel bait at the end of the game!)
  68. Nov 17, 2012
    Great game, Connor isn't Ezio but still he's a very appealing character, I haven't beat the game yet because I'm doing all the secondary missions which are also very entertaining. The difficulty of the game has improved because previous assassin's games were rather easy.
  69. Nov 16, 2012
    Ce jeu est tout simplement incroyable!!! Rien à dire le mode en ligne est énorme, le mode en solo pareil. Et le graphisme n'en parlons pas, tout simplement merveilleux!!!
  70. Nov 16, 2012
    I got AC3 on the lunch day oct 31 and from that day i am lost in great immersion that this game creates. I was absolutely blown away with graphics and i think that scenes at the ships are some of the most gorgeous scenes i ever seen in the video games. AC3 truly brings next-gen experience to current gen. One more thing that is great about AC3 are the sessions. All those details that changeI got AC3 on the lunch day oct 31 and from that day i am lost in great immersion that this game creates. I was absolutely blown away with graphics and i think that scenes at the ships are some of the most gorgeous scenes i ever seen in the video games. AC3 truly brings next-gen experience to current gen. One more thing that is great about AC3 are the sessions. All those details that change from winter to spring etc. Some locations become so much different and in my 20 hours of AC3 i never had a thought of repetition or visiting same locations. They really did a great job with frontier. My thought was that cities in AC3 will be more village like and this is where Ubisoft really surprised me. The cities are not just big, they are also so diverse and i literally took 2 hours of my game just walking the streets and admiring the view. Combat is also great in the AC3. I really liked combat in previous games but this is just mind blowing. Connor has more weapons then ever including rope dart, bow and arrow (my favorite) and the tomahawk. You would think that stealth would be put on this side with all of this combat technics but you would be wrong. Stealth is better than ever. They included moivng haystack and frontier gives us ability to hide in the bushes. There is few minor AI bugs but nothing game breaking how some other people were saying. AC3 is a great game that i was waiting a long time ago and it definetely delivers everything and more that i was expecting. Because of that i can forgive few graphical glitches and bugs. It is really a great game and as i said it makes such a immersion that you can literally get lost in that if you are not too care-full. 9/10 Expand
  71. Nov 15, 2012
    Hold your breath! Assassin's Creed III is better than "Revelations" hands down! But sadly isn't quite as epic as Assassin's Creed II. It still falls prey to same glitch effects like the previous' and at times you'll get annoyed and think umm what just happened? Don't worry it's just the animus, it's just the damn animus!!!........But away from the negative for a while. The game perfectlyHold your breath! Assassin's Creed III is better than "Revelations" hands down! But sadly isn't quite as epic as Assassin's Creed II. It still falls prey to same glitch effects like the previous' and at times you'll get annoyed and think umm what just happened? Don't worry it's just the animus, it's just the damn animus!!!........But away from the negative for a while. The game perfectly captures the essence of the American revolution and the whole new update of graphics from the engine make the Italian Renaissance from Assassin's Creed II look like Prototype. Story is fine (Not cliched, nicely original) but Connor's character is a tad annoying, and it's development is often confusing. The game's scenes are also quite fast paced, you'll often feel like your watching a movie at times than playing a video game but aside, overall the environment and red dead redemption inspired hunting makes the replay value quite pleasing. Great game! could have been longer with more game play throughout the story. Expand
  72. Nov 15, 2012
    Take what has made the series great so far, and give it a face lift, then tweak the combat. Toss in a killer multi-player, and sprinkle in some good story points and you have this game. Its not without faults. I have had a few visual glitches with the environmental as well as a main character talking in a cut scene without there lips moving. But over all, the combat is what shines thru.Take what has made the series great so far, and give it a face lift, then tweak the combat. Toss in a killer multi-player, and sprinkle in some good story points and you have this game. Its not without faults. I have had a few visual glitches with the environmental as well as a main character talking in a cut scene without there lips moving. But over all, the combat is what shines thru. The enhancements to the flow just feel right. I so far have greatly enjoyed this game and would recommend even if you have skipped a few or not played any at all. Expand
  73. Nov 15, 2012
    Great game. Love the time period and how much fun they made waxing redcoats. I don't recall another game going into the colonial period in the US like this but it's a fun departure.
  74. Nov 14, 2012
    I would give this game a 8.5 if metacritic would let me.. Originally after seeing IGN gave it a 8.5 I felt offended, I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and although I feakin' loved Ezio, I was excited for the introduction of the new assassin Connor... Alas Connor ended up being the biggest dissapointment behind the many bugs of the game. After coming away fromI would give this game a 8.5 if metacritic would let me.. Originally after seeing IGN gave it a 8.5 I felt offended, I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and although I feakin' loved Ezio, I was excited for the introduction of the new assassin Connor... Alas Connor ended up being the biggest dissapointment behind the many bugs of the game. After coming away from Revelations with Ezio, Connor made me realize how much personality Ezio contributed to the overall game. Connor is in a terrible situation in AC III and yet it feels like he's a push-over. But aside from this and the bugs I loved how massive the game was, although sometimes frustrating to get 100% synched... AC 3 is really the largest AC game there has ever been and it definetly is the best overall, it's just not 100% what I was hoping for. I didn't really focus on any of the side mission stuff while playing the game because they make it too easy to fast travel. I'm planning on giving liberation a shot now that i've completed III, I really hope they turn this series around and find a new exciting Assassin, hopefully one can measure up to Ezio. Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2012
    First I'd like to say that I enjoyed playing this game. But it was not quite what I had expected. The game is fun, sure, but it has the same flaw most games nowadays have: repetativity. There are some new features, building your village and hunting, but that's it. Like every AC, I really enjoyed it, but it just missed something that would make me Ooh and Aah!. Last negative point; theFirst I'd like to say that I enjoyed playing this game. But it was not quite what I had expected. The game is fun, sure, but it has the same flaw most games nowadays have: repetativity. There are some new features, building your village and hunting, but that's it. Like every AC, I really enjoyed it, but it just missed something that would make me Ooh and Aah!. Last negative point; the story doesn't interact too well with the open world. If two enemy's from the storyline walk past eachother out of a mission, the don't do anything. Also, the guys you help in the story will arrest you as quickly as your enemy out of a mission. Multiplayer is fun, but nothing new. I'd buy this game if you had a good time with other AC's, you'll enjoy playing this one. But don't expect anything overwhelming. Expand
  76. Nov 13, 2012
    Well, first off making any game play this well (at times it is excruciating in close quarters) but overall balls out **** amazingly well, is so difficult at this scale it defies words. I would seriously have bought this game if it was for the sailing ship captaining portion alone. THIS IS SO VERY GOOD, THE DYNAMICS ARE FLAWLESS. Let alone everything else you get in the package. This gameWell, first off making any game play this well (at times it is excruciating in close quarters) but overall balls out **** amazingly well, is so difficult at this scale it defies words. I would seriously have bought this game if it was for the sailing ship captaining portion alone. THIS IS SO VERY GOOD, THE DYNAMICS ARE FLAWLESS. Let alone everything else you get in the package. This game demands all time you have to vest in it. The only thing that left me angry was the nature of the way the ending was handled. I can't explain how ecstatic I was when we found out whom the celestial old beings were in AC2m, literally one of the best gaming moments I have ever enjoyed. Taking all of that excitement and ending the way it did was supremely disappointing. I give the dev team and the programers as well as artists an 11 for this great work, script writers responsible for the main storyline get a paltry - fukc youz. Expand
  77. Nov 13, 2012
    awesome game. very entertaining. the combat system is exciting. Not much of assassinations anymore, just hit a group of soldiers and run. i am not particularly satisfied with the story though. Plot is kinda weak and weird. Personally, i like Haytham better than Connor. Connor is an idealist, some of his principles sound simple and naive. I think this game could be better if it adds moreawesome game. very entertaining. the combat system is exciting. Not much of assassinations anymore, just hit a group of soldiers and run. i am not particularly satisfied with the story though. Plot is kinda weak and weird. Personally, i like Haytham better than Connor. Connor is an idealist, some of his principles sound simple and naive. I think this game could be better if it adds more dramatic plot between Haytham and Connor , and also, get player more involved in the revolutionary war. Expand
  78. Nov 12, 2012
    It takes a little while to get into (the story doesn't really "start" until you're halfway through, which is a little odd I admit). But once Connor's story starts rolling, and the game is finally opened up, boy is it great. It's easily (very easily) the best AC yet.

I've heard some people say they don't like Connor which baffles me. Sure he is a little one-note, but the guy epitomizes courage and an unwavering determination. The difference between him potentially dying, and doing the right the thing, doesn't exist. If something needs to be done, he's going to do it any way he can. I suppose that isn't really a unique trait in a video game hero, but because this story is so steeped in history it dawns on you that a guy not unlike this probably did exist.

Branching off that, the biggest draw for me is the story (and always has been with the AC series). It's wonderful. The overarching story is great, and how it connects and parallels the modern day Desmond story is really very clever. I wish I could put this into my own words but GameInformer managed to say exactly how I felt about the main story as it's truly one of the best I've played in any game. "The storytelling that weaves through these many threads is stellar. Rather than hiding from the complex themes of freedom versus control at the heart of the series, Assassin
  79. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed III, well I will start saying this is the most epic and most fun game in the hole franchise, I have them all and this has been the best. I'm really sad that Desmond is dead but I understood that they needed that in the story after 5 epic games they finished his story. There we're problems and some little things not very nice but people who gave a 0 rating on this game are stupid or ignorant, they can dislike the game but, have you seen all the work that ubisoft spent in this game? 3 years, 3 **** years and they made for this game the greatest thing. The animals, the fire weapons, the hidden blade as a knife, the bow (which I think it should been from the first game), climbing trees, getting into battlefield, 1,000 characters on screen, climatic changes (snow, breeze, rain, sunny days, etc), whole new combat system better than the others, enemies atack all at the same time, hunting, naval battles, and lots and lots more, even though it has it defects and I didn't like very much the ending for all the work I give it a ten and a recommendation for all to buy it. Cause Assassin's Creed III is the best on the market. Expand
  80. Nov 11, 2012
    I used to be one of those people who used the Metacritic site to find out whether I should consider buying a game or not. But it seems that's not reliable at all anymore, and the site's been overrun by trolls. Sure, the game has some strange bugs and glitches (like Achilles multiplying in his house, and me walking into the room finding about 30 Achilleses saying hello (or whatever he says)I used to be one of those people who used the Metacritic site to find out whether I should consider buying a game or not. But it seems that's not reliable at all anymore, and the site's been overrun by trolls. Sure, the game has some strange bugs and glitches (like Achilles multiplying in his house, and me walking into the room finding about 30 Achilleses saying hello (or whatever he says) in union, or commands suddenly not working, making it impossible to get the kill unless you reload to the last checkpoint, or riding on horseback till your horse gets stuck forcing you to abandon it), but I still really enjoy this game.There are open areas to explore, and hunt in, there are missions at sea where you have to commandeer a ship, there's a decent amount of sidequests in comparison to the length of the main storyline, the "special" climbing Ezio did in AC2 (he had to learn it from that thief-chick) is in this game aswell, but he does it automatically now, riding through town on horseback knocking people down is now their fault being in the way of the horse, running into people doesn't make you fall over all annoyingly like it did in 2, and the game just looks as awesome as always, so all in all, fun ! If I were to name a downside.it's too bad the maps aren't a bit bigger, especially the Frontier area. Expand
  81. Nov 11, 2012
    This is gonna be short and sweet this is by far more superior of a game then all the other assassins creed games they took out all the crap that sucked in the other games and added a **** load of cool features sure there are a handful of bugs but for a game this good and this big its a small price to pay so you people that always **** and complain deal with it or just go sell your copyThis is gonna be short and sweet this is by far more superior of a game then all the other assassins creed games they took out all the crap that sucked in the other games and added a **** load of cool features sure there are a handful of bugs but for a game this good and this big its a small price to pay so you people that always **** and complain deal with it or just go sell your copy some of gamers and critics game of the year games have more bugs then this so my hats off to UbiSoft for a great job oh and I'm surprised one of you complainers haven't said something stupid yet like oh I don't like this game because its not like call of duty lol Expand
  82. Nov 11, 2012
    First of all, the negative reviews on this game are sick and tiring. Everything in this game is incredible, and everything about this game is epic. Let me get all of the minor flaws out of the way first. Yes, this game does have a few hiccups, but so what? It's not like the game of the year last year (Skyrim) wasn't full of bugs, right? Wrong. Other than that, Desmond's face looks aFirst of all, the negative reviews on this game are sick and tiring. Everything in this game is incredible, and everything about this game is epic. Let me get all of the minor flaws out of the way first. Yes, this game does have a few hiccups, but so what? It's not like the game of the year last year (Skyrim) wasn't full of bugs, right? Wrong. Other than that, Desmond's face looks a bit like a prehistoric monkey, so I suggest him wearing the hood is much cooler, but that's about it. The technical achievements in this game is mind-blowing. The vast open-world is full of things to do, from hunting, to side missions to just exploring the living and breathing world. The weather affects in this game are magnificent, whether it's the snow glistening brightly in the sun, or the lavish leaves and tree branches, or the foggy rain pouring down, it is all beautiful. The weather takes an important toll on gameplay as well. For example, if you are trudging through snow, it will make it easier for you to decide to navigate through the trees instead. Speaking of navigation, this game is flawless. The free-running is the best the series achieved, and climbing through trees is even more flawless and free than navigating your way through the city's rooftops. The graphics in this game are outstanding. The motion capture makes it very realistic and brings you even deeper into the story. The character models as well are fantastic and are almost all very diverse. Just looking at the fantastic view of the wilderness is breath-taking... even looking at what the city has to offer (namely Boston) is incredible. The crowds are significantly updated and improved upon as well. They will take note of your action, excuse themselves when bumping in to you, and so on. Each individual person is all doing their own thing, which is cool. This time around, there are kids in the game. Some of their character models can be the same, but that's not the main problem there. They are plainly annoying. They all have the same laugh and will not stop bothering you unless you throw money at them. However, if they notice you are thieving quite well, then they will send you on missions or give you tasks to complete. The voice acting in this game is superb and brings memorable moments just as memorable as the faces you see and will come to remember. The animals in this game, such as bears, deer, elk, moose, goats, dogs, cats, rats, foxes, rabbits, hares, sheep, etc. are all very different in both the way they act and the way you act to them. For example, if you see a pig you can't kill it but you can feed it, and if you see a domestic dog you can pet it. But bears, on the other hand, let's just say you should try to kill it before they kill you... oh and I forgot to mention wolves.... yeah, they're dangerous as well. Foxes will just scatter away. Performing air assassinations on animals is just as fun and fulfilling as performing them on redcoats. New weapons, such as the rope dart, tomahawk and bow and arrow are all thrilling to use. The feeling of sitting there in a bush an knowing that at any given time you can assassinate either an animal or a person is awesome. The bow and arrow works very well, and feels very realistic. The rope dart is probably the most fun weapon to use, as you can list people up to trees or lever them closer to you for an assassination, sort of like the inverted takedown or the bat-claw in Arkham City except here you can kill. The story is also extremely exciting at certain points and jaw-dropping at others. The eye-popping visuals and top-notch voice acting and sound effects contribute to that highly. The Desmond bits in this story are very fun to do, and are always a nice break from the wilderness. Navigating through underground tunnels can be fun at times, but honestly can be a little boring too. Building up a Homestead is fun to do, and you will meet a vast array of characters, each with their own personality along the way. Your brotherhood is acquired through in-depth missions of recruitment, making it more meaningful than in the past. The naval combat in this game is outstanding. Just the feeling of commanding a vessel on the high seas with speedy winds blowing in your face is chilling... never mind destroying other ships with your cannons. Overall, this game is an excellent mix of Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham City and Uncharted with it's courageous own twist on history. This game is not only the best of the series, but the best game of 2012 as well. While I haven't gotten to multiplayer yet, I am sure I will love that just as much, but the fact that I haven't even got to it yet, show you the wealth of gameplay in single-player. Expand
  83. Nov 10, 2012
    C'mon, I really cannot believe you people are judging this game this bad. Okay, AC3 is not the best game in human history, but is not that far away from being such. Gameplay is awesome, combat is fully improved. Now, gamers do not depend in the story of the series- which, by the way, is still pretty awesome - to continue playing the game. The old "counter-to-win" style is not more soC'mon, I really cannot believe you people are judging this game this bad. Okay, AC3 is not the best game in human history, but is not that far away from being such. Gameplay is awesome, combat is fully improved. Now, gamers do not depend in the story of the series- which, by the way, is still pretty awesome - to continue playing the game. The old "counter-to-win" style is not more so significant. The confrontations are more dynamic and the different kinds of missions make the game one hell of a good choice for the GOTY. The few things that can be said about this piece of art are definitely related with its bugs, loading screens, lack of involvement with some characters, and not-that-good ending. AC3 does not follow ME3 terrible ending model, as its almost certain the existence of a sequel for the game, but.... all fans that waited anxiously for the third episode of Desmond's saga won't be truly satisfied with its conclusion. Expand
  84. Nov 10, 2012
    This game is truly a great game!I It is very realistic,everything has improved, especially the moves!! The counters and the climbing are just great and all this combined with great graphics!
  85. Nov 10, 2012
    Assassins creed 3 is great. There is a huge variety of weapons like: muskets, the tomahawk, and flintlock. The sprinting is now a lot faster.. And the game is actually a challenge, The difficulty was normal, but it is considered a challenge compared to the previous AC's
  86. Nov 9, 2012
    Well, it's a little hard to describe AC3. As soon as I saw all the content and bonus stuff it had to offer, I was just about ready to jump on here and give it 10/10. I have to admit that I'm...well, not disappointed, discouraged. The game is absolutely beautiful but that comes as no surprise. The story and character are new but everything else just seems to be the same, and it's quicklyWell, it's a little hard to describe AC3. As soon as I saw all the content and bonus stuff it had to offer, I was just about ready to jump on here and give it 10/10. I have to admit that I'm...well, not disappointed, discouraged. The game is absolutely beautiful but that comes as no surprise. The story and character are new but everything else just seems to be the same, and it's quickly becoming outdated. Connor's voice acting is very stale and cheesy at times. The worst thing about this game is that sometimes it loses fun and feels more like a chore. However, given the sheer number of things to do, and the fact that the old Hidden Blade hasn't yet lost its thrill, I would still say that AC3 is a good game. I just hope that the next one takes a bigger step forward. Expand
  87. Nov 9, 2012
    Great game! The new location is a good change of pace than the rooftop heavy predecessors of the series. Combat and the new techniques have good additions too. Loved the AC series and this is a good step for the assassin.
  88. Nov 8, 2012
    It is definitely a different AC. There are things that are so different that takes away the fun from it, but some of the differences also add to it as well. Whilst recruiting assassins is a little bit more tedious, they make made up for this fact by actually having a back-story. They do feel like real characters. Especially also the characters in the homestead and others that you interactIt is definitely a different AC. There are things that are so different that takes away the fun from it, but some of the differences also add to it as well. Whilst recruiting assassins is a little bit more tedious, they make made up for this fact by actually having a back-story. They do feel like real characters. Especially also the characters in the homestead and others that you interact with. There is definitely a lot more focus on making a more realistic feel to the story. The game-play is good as usual though the combat still repetitive. Expand
  89. Nov 7, 2012
    Like most games, This game hits it on the nail in some areas, and falls short in others. The beginning is boring. I don't just mean the first half-hour either... I mean the first 4 hours will make you feel as though you just wasted every dollar you spent on this game. Luckily, this game is long, and once you reach sequence 6 or so, the game becomes a lot more interesting. The game is atLike most games, This game hits it on the nail in some areas, and falls short in others. The beginning is boring. I don't just mean the first half-hour either... I mean the first 4 hours will make you feel as though you just wasted every dollar you spent on this game. Luckily, this game is long, and once you reach sequence 6 or so, the game becomes a lot more interesting. The game is at its peak at sequences 6-10, but I found the last 2 sequences disappointing. In all, the main storyline is the best we've seen in the series at times, and the worst in the series at times. One moment you're charging across a huge, epic, battlefield on your own looking to kill a Loyalist general, the next you're doing a frustrating, boring escort mission. One moment you're engaging an enemy in a gorgeous, fun, and challenging naval battle, the next you're sighing at a glitch causes 5 city criers to spawn in the exact same spot. One moment your character is in jail, scheming his escape, the next you're on a boat, with nothing to do except dreadfully boring story missions. Also, there were very few classic assassinations (something that I feel Brotherhood and Revelations lacked as well). Some of the best moments in the whole series came during assassin's creed 1 when altair was carrying out assassination missions, and I feel like this is something that could be integrated more in the modern titles. The naval battles, the hunting, the tree-climbing, and certain parts of the campaign are the best parts of the game (seriously, the naval battles are f**king awesome). The plot is good, but not great. Connor is not as likeable as past characters. He is not humble and is extremely rude to his mentor. The game builds up a great deal of doubt to whether or not the assassins are truly on the right ride of things or not, and this weighs on Connor greatly. However, Connor never truly finds the answers to the questions he is looking for. Just as I was, he seemed confused and ungrounded in his beliefs at the game's conclusion. because of this, many people like me will be unsatisfied with the resolution of Connor's story. Connor's story also comes to a rather abrupt end. Desmond's role is much more fun and engaging then before, but it is still short and sweet. The ending of the game in the modern era is.... interesting. No spoilers but Its not exactly a good ending, but I don't think it was terrible either (not like ME3 or anything). It is definitely set up for more sequels which is good (and these sequels will likely take place entirely in the modern era, which will be very interesting). I did not have problems with being chased while incognito like a lot of other reviewers, but the game is still very buggy. I could go on, but you get the point. Must have if you're a fun, strongly recommended if you're not, however, This is not the game of the year material we were all hoping for. Expand
  90. Nov 7, 2012
    this game has overall great graphics, and great storyline not to mention the new weapons and new moves love it! i would have to say perfect 10 keep it up ubisoft good work
  91. Nov 7, 2012
    This is, definitely, the best Assassin'S CreeD ever. The graphics, movements and narrative are great, and you'll enjoy walking around through the Frontier and kill some templars. Definitely, is a good game.
  92. Nov 7, 2012
    First off - Big Assassin's Creed Fan, so naturally I was waiting for this to hit the shelves since its announcement. In short - It's a game that will not disappoint however in my opinion, hasn't got enough to blow it out of the park. The character development was all too quick (even though the intro was quite long), I just thought Connor went from being a boy to a 'man on a mission' all toFirst off - Big Assassin's Creed Fan, so naturally I was waiting for this to hit the shelves since its announcement. In short - It's a game that will not disappoint however in my opinion, hasn't got enough to blow it out of the park. The character development was all too quick (even though the intro was quite long), I just thought Connor went from being a boy to a 'man on a mission' all to quickly. For example, one second Achilles is going to train him and BAM 6 months later: Master Assassin. Connor himself is a great character but he lacks the charm and likeablilty the Ezio has. He reminds me a little bit of Altair, and to be honest, the game resembles AC-I quite a lot (Long travels in between cities and horse rides that have become not all that fun anymore). The combat however is really good (however it does take some getting used to), new weapons are great, naval missions are superb and hunting is also well executed. This game is by no means a bad game, however I think if it had more elements of Ezio's installments mixed in with these new features, it would of made for a masterpiece. Still a must have in your AC Collection. Expand
  93. Nov 6, 2012
    First things first, I friggin' loved this game, the gameplay feels familiar but also new and fresh and also insanely fun throughout. Visually, it looks great, from trailers and stuff I thought I was looking to be disappointed but now, the world and everything looks beautiful considering that the world is pretty huge and that I played it on Ps3, I'm betting you're getting quite the eyeFirst things first, I friggin' loved this game, the gameplay feels familiar but also new and fresh and also insanely fun throughout. Visually, it looks great, from trailers and stuff I thought I was looking to be disappointed but now, the world and everything looks beautiful considering that the world is pretty huge and that I played it on Ps3, I'm betting you're getting quite the eye candy when the PC version rolls along.. So, gameplay, visuals and sound, all great, but what can I say about the story without using any spoilers? Well, if the story would have finished up nicely it would have been a solid 9 or even a 10, but now I have to give this game a 8/10, barely... The story is actually not bad, but towards the end it feels pretty rushed and it doesn't offer a satisfying conclusion for Desmond IMO, one would have expected something more than a cliffhanger as the ending to Desmond's AC trilogy, but it's clear that Ubisoft intends to push this franchise forward for a long time. To say the least, I was disappointed, sure it could've been worse but it could've been a lot better. I also didn't think Connor's story was that necessary, sure they do offer a reason why we play him but for me they could've focused all their energy on Desmond. Just didn't feel that balanced with two characters with such major roles. Still, as a finishing statement I do wish to say that AC3 is one of the strongest titles to be released this year, the gameplay and the tons of content (side missions/activities) kinda do make up for a lacking conclusion, so I can easily recommend this game to everyone. Even the ones bored about when Revelations came should be able to find value in this game. Expand
  94. Nov 6, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3 is the best game I've ever played in my whole entire life. That's all I really have to say about this title. You can see details from other reviews.
  95. Nov 5, 2012
    alright lets see... im going to start this out with a rating of 9/10 because i was super pumped for this game ever since it was first announced. but.... the only reason such a high score is that i found the gameplay to be interesting; i really appreciated the visually pleasing graphics that were added into this and the main story line was flawless (almost like a movie). that said, i doalright lets see... im going to start this out with a rating of 9/10 because i was super pumped for this game ever since it was first announced. but.... the only reason such a high score is that i found the gameplay to be interesting; i really appreciated the visually pleasing graphics that were added into this and the main story line was flawless (almost like a movie). that said, i do believe that the game was too much of "a movie". it seemed as if every 5 minutes there was another cinematic taking over my gameplay. and taking away from my experience. now i did LOVE the open world and the home front and homestead etc... i found it to be a great place to have fun and learn how to perfect your free-running skills and mess around with the entirely re-built combat system. i did like the combat system, though difficult to handle i loved the new moves that just kept coming, it seemed as if every other fight i was finding all new finisher moves for example this is one i just found, i went to ambush a platoon of redcoats on the road and i laid trip mines on front of them and when it went off i ran in with my tomahawk and cuts a mans throat and threw my rope dart into someones heart leaving him standing and bleeding out prefusley :D. it blew my mind. but back to it, i do remember hearing about 2 dozen different animals that you are to be able to hunt? i only killed about 7 or 8 of them regularly and most of the time you only see either a fox, rabbit, deer, or bear, a cougar on one occasion but that was it :/. i was disappointed with that outcome. but mainly the only reason this game is not a 10/10 is simply because there are just too many glitches. on too many occasions have i been walking and my whole upper body freezes stiff or people are stuck in trees or the cinematic s are making it so the characters mouths dont move or my personal favorite, the one where when you are in a cinematic and the voices get ahead of the characters actions according to what they are saying. it is not only confusing but also extremely aggravating. this is an amazing game but Ubisoft could've probably paid more attention to detail. Expand
  96. Nov 5, 2012
    I have to say, I was rather impressed with this game. After the inherent failure that was Revelations, Ubisoft made an ambitious but risky leap into a whole new world with Connor and the American Revolution. The story crafted around this period is a little less exciting the fighting the Pope under the Vatican, but it does present opportunities to take part in events and meet charactersI have to say, I was rather impressed with this game. After the inherent failure that was Revelations, Ubisoft made an ambitious but risky leap into a whole new world with Connor and the American Revolution. The story crafted around this period is a little less exciting the fighting the Pope under the Vatican, but it does present opportunities to take part in events and meet characters that no other game does. The plot itself is a little shaky, with various holes in the storytelling, however it still has the intricate Ubisoft feel and is told magnificently throughout the game, and yet again leaves us with many questions at the end of the game. The game-play itself has changed, in some ways for the worst and in some ways for the better. The game is more fluid and has a better constructed combat than before, but the linear missions take away the freedom we had in previous Assassin's Creed titles, which is disappointing. The expansive world created for the game is not only breathtaking but alive as well, which means there will always be more to do, and the side missions have gotten even better. The game is plagued by several irritating bugs, which can get in the way of game-play experience, but hopefully future patches will correct this. To conclude, both Assassin's Creed and non-Assassin's Creed fans will love this game, but it is not the 'next-gen' title Ubisoft hyped it up to be. Expand
  97. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I wanted to write a short review, but there's too much to say about AC3. There must be said that it was one of the most hyped games of the year, so the expectations were high, leading some to disappointment. There must be said that Ubisoft took chances introducing new characters and gameplay mechanics in a well stated franchise. And, above all, it must be said that people don't know what they want. If a game is pretty much the same than its predecessor, people complain saing that the developer lacks ideas and only want to milk the gamers. If the game differs too much, people complain as well stating that they sacrificed the good points in the previous game and replaced it with bad points.
    That said, I must say that, indeed, AC3 was a bit disappointing, but it doesn't fail to deliver a fun gameplay, engaging story, sweet graphics and an overall really great experience. The game starts slow. This is a point that, for some, may drag down the experience of the game as a whole. But that slow start server to the purpose of introducing the story. You'd be lost if weren't for the first "slow" hours of the game. You're introduced to the new gameplay features in the first hours too. So, you can't skip it.
    As the story develops, you come across several sidequest, as in the previous titles. In the city, among the woods, farms, etc. The addition of the naval missions was the highest point in the game, in my opinion. It works so well and it is so fun and smooth you can't stop playing. They almost reached perfection simulating sails and stuff. The game is smooth like butter when you're exploring the woods. Climbing the trees, hiding in bushes, hunting, everything works just fine. I don't know about other players, but I found the gameplay in the cities very glitchy. The parkour is sometimes confusing and you end up climbing or jumping in places you don't want to. This is serious, once almost the entire game is based in parkour. I failed several missions because of a failed jump or a ledge. I don't even have to mention riding a horse in the cities. Not only in the cities, actually. It's painful. The horse just get stuck for no reason, and controling it can be a pain. Plus, there's the guards sometimes starting to chase you for no apparent reason, even when you are incognito. Besides, there are moments when animals or people get stuck in trees or walls. It's kind of funny a AAA game such as Assassin's Creed shouldn't have such silly glitches.The combat has changed a little from the previous titles. There's now a counter button, when an enemy attacks you. But it seems sloppy, because Connor hits the air so many times I can't count, but still the enemy is damaged. It's an aesthetic glitch, and I don't like it.
    About the graphics, there's nothing to complain. Is simply amazing. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. As I said, the framerate in the woods is smooth. In the city, there's occasional drops and screen tearing, specially in the pursuits.
    Now, the disappointing part. The Assassin's Creed series got me so engaged because of its complex story, involving history, religion, apocalypse, and so many other interesting things mixed up together. AC3 was supposed to be the climax of the story built upon the 4 previous titles, closing it up in a unbelievable way. Well, in fact, the ending wasn't what I expected, and it isn't a good thing. They put too little effort closing the story and (BEWARE OF THE SPOILER) just killed everyone. I think with myself that this was the inevitable way that the story would end. The first civilization, with all their powers and resources did not prevent the world from "ending", who would say the humans would do. But it seems like the effort from the assassins throughout the games were pointless. I say it again, I don't think that prevent the end of the world was possible, but I expected something far more dramatic and elaborate, just like the whole series.
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a kickass game, and as a fan, I can assure it's a great game. But the glitches prevent you of enjoying the game in full. The ending is not so bad in my opinion, but could've been better. Perhaps Ubisoft will release patches fixing the glitches in the next weeks or months. When it happens, the game take a 10 from me. Right now, it's a 9.
  98. Nov 5, 2012
    This game is the best version of Assassin´s Creed series. Obviously the game has some problems, like many bugs and inconsist frame rate, but the history is absolutely brilliant, ship batles are great, good multiplayer .. .whatever, great job from Ubisoft.
  99. Nov 5, 2012
    AC3...is a great game. It is a bit slow but that shouldn't be a fault. The twist at the beginning and giving the character depth isn't something that should be frowned upon. That being said the gameplay is very slick. Performing multiple assassinations, while moving nonetheless, feels great. Running and jumping through the cities, and the trees, feels great. The hunting is fun and, in myAC3...is a great game. It is a bit slow but that shouldn't be a fault. The twist at the beginning and giving the character depth isn't something that should be frowned upon. That being said the gameplay is very slick. Performing multiple assassinations, while moving nonetheless, feels great. Running and jumping through the cities, and the trees, feels great. The hunting is fun and, in my opinion, better then Read Dead Redemption. The combat is actually somewhat challenging, enemies won't wait to attack and you cannot heal during a fight, Notoriety has been improved with each level being harder then the last, compared to the other AC games where if you were notorious all they would do is look then come over. Essentially what I am saying is this is a very good game and I don't understand why the score isn't in the 90's. Expand

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.