Assassin's Creed III PlayStation 3

6.9

1. Apr 9, 2016
    Great fun game it's orignal you play as Haytham until the 4th part where you play as kid connor is teenage and 6 is where he becomes an assassin great game and should be played I recommend it. 95/100.
  2. Feb 7, 2016
    it's a good game. The combat is awesome, it's challenging, and it's fun. The only thing I hate about the game is the multiplayer. The multiplayer sucks, but this is a good game.
  3. Dec 29, 2015
    This is a title like love it or hate it.its graphics are only ok not good and not bad.So sorry Assassin's Creed II you are not in my list of best Assassins Creed.
  4. Oct 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "In your haste to save the world, boy - take care you don't destroy it."

*Minor Spoiler Alert*

First of all, let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of the series. The original game and Assassin's Creed II are both amongst my all-time favourites and most enjoyable gaming experiences I have ever had. I did enjoy Brotherhood and especially Revelations (mainly for its story), but the first two entries were indeed something special. So naturally when Assassin's Creed III was announced I was extremely excited. Bear in mind that I actually played the game in the beginning of 2014 (nevermind the reasons), so I witnessed all of the backlash this game had, while trying not to spoil the story for myself.

While I do understand from where all the hate is coming, I must say most of the things other people hated about this game I seemed to like or even love. For instance - the setting: although both New York and Boston were very similar I really liked the Frontier. It was refreshing to be able to move so freely while climbing almost eveything you can see. Even though it was no Renaissance Italy, I think it was an inspiring setting, one which was really well recreated to reflect the given time period.

About Connor, contrary to popular opinion I really loved his character. He was definitely more conflicted, flawed and therefore more relatable than previous protagonists. Unlike Ezio he lost everything at a very fragile age so it is understandable that he was far more damaged. And despite that he was still very kind and naive, yet furious and brash at times, but still a good person. He was really badass in certain moments and had some pretty memorable lines.

Storywise the game has its ups and downs. I must admit I am not as familiar with American history as I would like to be, but I still thought it was very interesting. AC III definitely is a slow starter as the few hours are some sort of prologue/tutorial while playing as Haytham, but looking back now it had some moments that proved crucial to later character development. However, my main issue with the story was that it was (in my opinion) brutally cut short after sequence 10 in both modern day and Colonial America. Especially Desmond's story which ended to say the least underwhelming. And my problem was not the ending itself, but the way it was handled and trivialized.

Gameplaywise is where I think this game is lacking the most. Although I liked the way they refreshed the climbing and combat, as well as adding some new cool stealth + hunting mechanics. I think they were really underused and that was evident from the terrible level-design. And here comes one of my main gripes about this game - the optional objectives. Like it was not enough before when you had to complete a certain action the way your ancestor did, now you had 2-3 of these to restrict your freedom and imagination even further. Add to that the economic system, board games etc. which really had no impact on the game and you get an inconsistent experience, which leaves you asking for more, when there simply is no more. Although I must admit that the naval missions were really fun and impressive. My second major gripe was the Desmond missions, which really held promise and potential but were massively underdeveloped.

Overall, even though Assassin's Creed III feels rushed and inconsistent at times it is still a good game, It really is sad that it did not live to the hype, but I still think that fans of the series should try the game to see it for themselves. I would give the game a 7, but since I am a long-time fan and I believe the major backlash to be too harsh I will give it an 8. I really think this game has the potential of a true gem, but it is evident that it was not polished and needed some more time before release.

Pros:

- compelling ancestor story

- Connor is a great protagonist
    - good setting, The Frontier is a blast

- fantastic music by Lorne Balfe!!!

- naval combats

Cons:
    - Too restrictive and linear in missions
    - Desmond story handled disappointingly

- glitches and occasional control issues
  5. Sep 29, 2015
    Assassin's Creed 3 updates the franchise formula with some intriguing new elements, namely the combat, stealth and free-running features. While these are welcome changes, there are other elements that don't gel quite as well as previous instalments.

Connor and Haytham's relationship is an interesting extended metaphor of the American Revolution and the pair are fantastic additions to Ubisoft's ensemble of characters.

Naval missions are another significant element that the game brings to the table.

For the most part, AC3 is a fairly divisive game. If you're a fan, you'll enjoy what it adds to the canon. If you're not, you'll have a hard time wrapping your head around the point behind all of this.
  6. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AC3 is a all new AC Experience, it has a Read Dead Redemption feeling and the best things that you love on AC series. You watch the trailers, demos and theres no surprise, it is amazing like you saw by Ubisoft. Maybe GOTY 2012. Expand
  7. Jun 30, 2015
    A new main character and a new setting was exactly what AC games needed. Ezio had run his course and it was time to make a change. Along with the new main character Ubisoft completely changed the gameplay. But this was a good thing since the historical setting also changed.

I honestly can't understand the hate for this game. The new gameplay mechanics are great and the story is actually good once more. And the game is long enough again. A lot of variety goes to the gameplay, there are the typical city areas familiar from the previous games and there is the Frontier: a big forest area where you can go about your business. Where in the city you can climb and run on rooftops, in the Frontier you can climb and run on trees. The climbing mechanics are really smooth. Though some players might prefer the old slower climbing mechanics from AC II and Brotherhood.

The present day stuff is an improvement from AC Revelations, but it's still a bit lacking.

(I played this game when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  8. May 8, 2015
    People need to stop whining about this game. Maybe it doesn't have the best controls or the least bugs or the most memorable characters, but dashing through the snow evokes such a great and adventurous feeling. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, but little things like the drumming when you're approaching the redcoat soldiers are done so perfectly it's criminal. It also hadPeople need to stop whining about this game. Maybe it doesn't have the best controls or the least bugs or the most memorable characters, but dashing through the snow evokes such a great and adventurous feeling. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, but little things like the drumming when you're approaching the redcoat soldiers are done so perfectly it's criminal. It also had much more interesting side missions than it's predecessors through the form of homestead missions that I can tell will create so much nostalgia a few years from now. Also, online is awesome! Expand
  9. Feb 9, 2015
    When you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turnedWhen you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turned into one of the best experiences I've had with this series.

The first thing I noticed was just how gorgeous the game is. Outside of some rare moments (mostly during some cutscenes) where bland textures and awkward animations make things look dated it's one of the best looking games I've ever played on PS3. It all helps add to world that feels alive.

The story is excellent. The fantastic historical setting let's us participate with some of the most memorable events of the American Revolution. The characters are brought to life by fantastic performances and fleshed out motivations. The modern day story gets kind of lost in sci-fi mumbo jumbo at times and lost my interest long ago. But those who've stick with it should love the conclusion to the story that started so long ago, even if they might not like the actual ending.

Tons of new additions, subtle improvements, and grand scale make this the most ambitious AC I've played yet. Ships battles are a blast and tons of new side-quests help you feel connected to the world in new ways. I wasn't a fan of liberating sections of cities being tied to obscure objectives not mentioned on the map, but overall that's a minor complaint. The modern day sections finally let Desmond see some action and gives gamers a taste of how an AC game set in the modern-day would be like.

Multiplayer adds a few new features and game modes. The experience makes it harder to pick out who the real people among the AI are provided they aren't being totally obvious. This may make it harder to get kills, but once you get used to it things feels the same. If anything the extra added effort you'll have to put into finding your targets make it more like being an actual assassin.

AC3 improves and expands upon what came before in the series. It tries new things with series and succeeds because of it. However even with the new features it is still an Assassin's Creed game and feels like it. It's both fresh and familiar.
  10. Dec 21, 2014
    Ac3 is a great game but has some performance issues on ps3 like framerate, but overall this game has so many new mechanics to a formula getting way to old like revelations. The whole forest climbing worried me at first but it works SO WELL!!! it is so fluent. They have added in ranged weapons which are pretty basic and all work the same way and personally I thought the bow was prettyAc3 is a great game but has some performance issues on ps3 like framerate, but overall this game has so many new mechanics to a formula getting way to old like revelations. The whole forest climbing worried me at first but it works SO WELL!!! it is so fluent. They have added in ranged weapons which are pretty basic and all work the same way and personally I thought the bow was pretty disappointing as I expected it to be completely silent but it attracts as much attention as a flintlock pistol. The game overalls story is pretty assassins creed like but some of the characters feel unique unfortunately the main character Rattonhake:ton/ Connor has a very annoying generic robot American voice which kinda sucked, and his character felt like some badass incapable of talking to someone like a normal person like Ezio. The time period this game is set in is very unique having tribal things mixed in with old time british stuff with ships and muskets, and it works fine. You also have a homestead and you can craft pretty cool stuff. I think this game is great for any fan of the series. Expand
  11. Nov 25, 2014
    This Assassins Creed game is different than the others, this set in the America's independence, and make a revolution of the genre, it have one of the best history's i have ever seen in a video game, the game play is very cool and the mechanic its very surprisingly good.
  12. Oct 19, 2014
    Pursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds andPursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds and thick fog to hide your attack, liberty is on the line, so unleash your killing power in Assassin's Creed 3. Expand
  13. Sep 20, 2014
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  14. Sep 12, 2014
    I liked the first one at the time, very disappointed with the second one while it remains the favorite of a lot of fans, did not expect too much with Assassin's creed III and I was extremely surprised. The game is less repetitive, exploring woods and going at sea feels great, the story is excellent, I loved it.
  15. Aug 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III
    Game-play:It has been improved with more fluid combat and better climbing but there are some glitches that are really annoying,the counter mechanic is very well made and makes the game fun but it also makes the game very easy,the best part of the game is the ship battles which are well made and really fun
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but
    Assassin's Creed III
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but the characters in the game are boring even Connor the only interesting character in the game is Haytham,but the story out side the animus is better than ever
    Graphics:At last we have an improvement at graphics which they are really good
    Notes:The game has a lot of weapons like bow and tomahawk which is fun to play,i like that the game has 2 cities and a big forest it was really fun to play there,most of the side missions are well made and fun,i recommend getting this game worth full price but it is still far from the AC2
  16. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here it is- the reason that we play Assassin's Creed. The grand end to Desmond's arc and the most advanced entry since II. The Ezio trilogy is finished, after two great, if uninnovative spin offs. Revelations began to show cracks in the once pristine formula of AC, but now that formula has been renewed for more entries from the most popular historic action game in our industry. I just want to add one more thing before I get into the meat of the review- screw you haters. Those who give this game 0s and 1s. Sure, it's buggy, but so is the critically acclaimed Skyrim and I had more problems with that than this (stupid crashes). Lack of innovation? What do you call advanced combat, parkour, crafting, economy... This list goes on. Now that I've ranted, let's talk.

Once again, the story is remarkable. It kicks off with Desmond, who gets a nice slice of content in this game. I was actually looking forward to the present day sections this time around and even if numerous glitches arise throughout his four main adventures, I still loved his greater focus on stealth and the story is nowhere near as confusing as it was in Revelations (first person puzzles are absent thank god!). Over in the Animus, the real action kicks off with Haytham Kenway. The main gameplay mechanics are experienced through him and while his section feels like a 3 hour tutorial, the story telling is remarkable and builds up to a killer final act that ends in a killer twist. Fast forward a few years and we're with Rahok- no I'm not even gonna try pronouncing his name. It's pronounced Rah-ha-doo-n-a-gay-doo and he is the main protagonist. We stick with him for the rest of the game, but the first three hours are spent playing as him in his youth. He later changes his name to the more pronouncable Connor Kenway and embarks on an epic quest to free America and bring justice. So no redemption or revenge themes, but something completely different. NIce! He is a little bland and one dimensional, but this change is welcome after three games with Ezio. The ending on both sides is suitable. Connor has a little bit more resolution to his conclusion, while Desmond leaves us with more questions... but at least they are new!

Gameplay wise, this takes plenty of leaps forward. Stealth is back, with new hiding places, the ability to take cover and plenty of cool takedowns. Combat is more offensive, with attacking placed over defending. Dual Takedowns are spectacular and brutal. Parkour is a whole lot more advanced, with vaulting, crawling and tree climbing introduced to great effect. The brotherhood mechanics are highly refined with multiple useful objects and a highly advanced crafting and trading system will confuse you at first, before making you realise how great this game is. A dynamic weather system, hunting and more variation in environments are three things that help this game to stand out and the graphics are amazing with the Anvil Next Engine. The new Homestead is full of distractions and will suck you in for hours.

Along with the main campaign, there are plenty of collectibles and side missions, with naval gameplay a new feature that will amaze you. It's deep and advanced, the water is lifelike and while you only take to the wheel in missions, there is a sense of freedom to be had. And the action is remarkable! In fact, this is probably the most explosive Assassin's Creed, with plenty of set pieces and great moments. Multiplayer returns as well, with new coop and customisation features that make it a bit more of an attractive feature. It is only natural for assassins to team up...

In the end the game does have plenty of bugs and not even three years of work can cover these. But I didn't have too many problems and the pros far outweighed the cons. This is a brilliant game and one of my favourite games of all time. It also helps that it is the perfect jumping on point for people new to the series, with the new character and recap being great for new fans. If you have any intention of buying ACIII, don't wait- get it immediately!
  17. May 11, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno sin duda los que digan que es malo se equivocan es bueno destaca en todo pero no tanto como los otros assassins creed y se retoma lo mejor que caracterizo la saga aparte de la historia
  18. Dec 22, 2013
    While Assassin's Creed III has great combat, a visually stunning world, and a lot to do, the game has some huge, fatal flaws that detract from the enjoyment. Slow pacing, bad story, and an overwhelming amount of content hold Assassin's Creed III back from the greatness the previous entries achieved.
  19. Dec 17, 2013
    To put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is veryTo put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is very rewarding. I enjoyed the campaign as well (though admittedly I didn't quite finish it). My main complaints with the game are the sometimes inconsistent climbing, the perhaps under-developed sailing sequences, and a few glitches here and there which don't really detract from the gaming experience. Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    The game itself is addicting for it's multiplayer and it's campaign, this game much resembles more on killing sprees actually, and the campaign became a large good bloody effort. But overall, the game is much more on killing then stealth where Connor has more abilities and tools to assassinate.
  21. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with

Sound: The games theme fits with the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  22. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks thatFantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand
  23. Oct 27, 2013
    I got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In allI got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In all another good assassins creed game much needed after the disaster of revelations> if you want to see a bad assassins creed game, just look at revelations. Expand
  24. Oct 26, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III doesn't exceed all my expectations, but it's a no-brainer that it is a deep experience. It's distinctly a visual marvel with the excellent design and beautiful environments, making the exploration a joy and immersive. It improves on combat; taking down enemies with a long variety of weapons, especially with the sweet tomahawk. it's rewarding. And it makes for a goodAssassin's Creed III doesn't exceed all my expectations, but it's a no-brainer that it is a deep experience. It's distinctly a visual marvel with the excellent design and beautiful environments, making the exploration a joy and immersive. It improves on combat; taking down enemies with a long variety of weapons, especially with the sweet tomahawk. it's rewarding. And it makes for a good challenge of using strategy to defeat heavy enemies.
    Parkour feels realistic with the countless of animations added to the character's movements and wandering around trees is an unique pleasure. And, I heard a lot of people saying that climbing was degraded, but that's not the case, because it's fluid and fun.
    Also, adding to the experience is the addicting multiplayer. It's unique, upgraded and a powerful addition to the game, raising up the score. Manhunt is the new mode that requires teamwork instead of selfishness.
    However, the flaws lower the score dramatically. Disappointingly, the stealth mechanics aren't up to par, because of the frustrating enemy AI detecting the player immediately. It's a shame, because rather than feeling like an assassin, you just feel like nothing special.
    Technical issues are almost everywhere in this game, considering how huge this game is. It constantly looses it's great imerrsivness values because of that.
    Focusing on story, I feel that the ending wasn't a nice conclusion and that Connor is a bore to listen to. But, fortunately, the story is well-written and decent.
    What I find average is the naval battles. While cinematic and epic, I don't find them enjoyable enough. But, if they improve the controls of it, make it more challenging and if they add exploration, I would be more than satisfied.
    Assassin's Creed III is a flawed, but deep experience that dares to put many different elements in one game. While no way revolutionary, it's great. (Final Score: 8.40)
  25. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been playing the Assassin's Creed games from the beginning and I'd have to say this one is probably my favorite. I've loved the whole idea behind the AC series and I've really enjoyed the story line. It probably helps that I'm somewhat of a history fan, so being able to virtually walk around New England during the Revolutionary war time is pretty freaking sweet. Also, being a ship captain is one of the most fun parts of the game as well. I'm one of those gamers that will stop and read all of the info pop-ups that appear when you're near a historical site in the game. I guess I'm just nerdy like that. Expand
  26. Sep 28, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed III" en mi opinión el mejor de la franquicia; es porque ésta vez todo es totalmente mejorado: los gráficos, la historia, las ciudades, los personajes son más interesantes y demás. Sería un juego perfecto, pero solo le resté un punto por su final, si bien no es malo, es de todas maneras muy insatisfactorio.
  27. Aug 21, 2013
    AC III truly speaking in the beginning I was disappointed with the game and I didn't want to play but as I spent time and completed the story it became interesting and interesting. UBI Soft has change a lot of things that made the game a new game and difficult as well. some of the new concepts are very difficult like convoy trade etc. I admit the game has some glitches but it is AC weAC III truly speaking in the beginning I was disappointed with the game and I didn't want to play but as I spent time and completed the story it became interesting and interesting. UBI Soft has change a lot of things that made the game a new game and difficult as well. some of the new concepts are very difficult like convoy trade etc. I admit the game has some glitches but it is AC we should ignore little thing behind this big game. I Love AC all versions and AC II as well. The one who like the game in the same conventional manner, they couldn't like this version but as you see the game era is 1700 to 1799 so time time change and the weapons has change. You cannot use all conventional weapons in this era. You have to consider the time as well. I suggest you all to play a bit and spend some time with it and I'm sure you'll definitely like it. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3! I am a big fan of the AC series, but this...I was blown and surprised for the FIFTH time! Ubisoft did another great game and this time it was their master piece.

In AC3 you play as Connor, an entirely new assassin. He is born in a Native American village where you start off as a kid. You learn how to track, hide, hunt, climb and many more. After being threatened by Charls Lee, you swear that you will find him and kill him.
    The game does a great job of introducing you to the characters. You quickly get attached to Connor as you play trough the story. Your heart will constantly be going crazy while exploring or just watching the cutscenes.

The controls of the game are very nice and smooth. You can quickly switch between targets in a fight which make combat that much dynamic and brutal. The new tree climbing is simply one of the best things in the game. You will find yourself jumping from tree to tree, hang people with your rope dart and fight many enemies while at the same time avoiding being shot. The dynamic fights will make you want to love this game even more! The way animations work is stunning.
    2-3 enemies at a time can attack you at the same time and you will often find your self doing really bada*s moves to counter them in cool ways that feel so natural. You can quickly switch from enemy to enemy with flick of an analog stick. You can counter one enemy while fighting another and the coolest part is that you can quickly change to the weapon you want kill the target with that weapon when you counter them.
    While combat is great and fun, climbing is improved SO MUCH that you will never want to see a horse in your entire time playing, except maybe when chasing people. It feels so natural that you feel like you can do this even in real life. Climbing trees and rocks will change your AC gaming experience so much that you wouldn't ever want to move away from this game.

The game also has ships in it. That's right...SHIPS! The way they've made their new engine work is very good. The water, wind, battles all those things are incredibly well done. It feels realistic and you can really feel like a sailor. The physics in the game are great. Being able to command and improve your own ship is an aspect of the game the polishes it.

Besides some glitches here and there with the lipsynching, posters sinking into the walls (these have happened only once in the 30 hours I've played) and somewhat boring side missions although they can be really fun at times, the game is just beautiful. Parkour, assassination, hunting, board games, well done cutscenes, different languages, great voice acting, great graphics, amazing story line, likeable characters, trading, sailing, fort infiltrating and many more.

My final score is 9/10 just because of those side missions. They had to work a little bit more on those. In previous games the side missions were very fun and a good way to have nice laugh, but here you will find yourself carrying some sick people to a doctor, defending farmers or simply beating up some bullies. There are of course things to collect which makes you explore even more the big world of AC3. But please somebody beat up the idiot that thought of putting in such a bad picklocking mechanic.

This is by far the best Assassin's Creed game yet. Let's hope Ubisoft can keep that up.
  29. Jul 23, 2013
    Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, but a score less than 8 is a complete joke, It is hate, whether it be towards AC for being succesful with yearly releases like they hate COD for or they are anti America and simply hate the game for its American setting and pro American story.
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming generation and in my honest opinion, the best.
    A must have.
  30. Jul 10, 2013
    It is visually striking and there is always something to do. I am a total huntress in life, and that is probably why I spend at least one hour hunting. I find that the historical value of it is mostly high school textbook, only with the assassin imbedded. If you plan on playing the game to compare it to its predecessors, then do plan on being disappointed. It has a completely differentIt is visually striking and there is always something to do. I am a total huntress in life, and that is probably why I spend at least one hour hunting. I find that the historical value of it is mostly high school textbook, only with the assassin imbedded. If you plan on playing the game to compare it to its predecessors, then do plan on being disappointed. It has a completely different take than the other previous Assassin's Creed games. Which for most people I have noticed disappoints them. Expand
  31. Nov 27, 2012
    This game is absolutely AMAZING!!! After the second game, assassin's creed kind of went downhill but now its right back on course. I wasn't particularly impressed with brotherhood and revelations but this time I got that fresh feeling I got when I played ACII for the first time. The graphics are awesome and there is so much to do. So many side quests. I also found the story better than theThis game is absolutely AMAZING!!! After the second game, assassin's creed kind of went downhill but now its right back on course. I wasn't particularly impressed with brotherhood and revelations but this time I got that fresh feeling I got when I played ACII for the first time. The graphics are awesome and there is so much to do. So many side quests. I also found the story better than the previous games. Connor is the best protagonist yet with a sense of honor and his story threads are very thoroughly explored. All in all, Assassin's creed III is the best assassin'screed yet and definitely (in my opinion) the best game of 2012. It is a must buy for any TRUE assassin's creed fan Collapse

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.