Assassin's Creed III PlayStation 3

6.9

1. Feb 9, 2015
    When you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turnedWhen you first start off playing Assassin's Creed 3 you have to go through a few hours of linear, story-driven gameplay that acts as the tutorial. Outside of the sterile and lifeless protagonist you are forced to start off with it's not that bad. However it's not long until you begin to crave the sense of freedom the series is known for. Once the game finally opens up I found it turned into one of the best experiences I've had with this series.

The first thing I noticed was just how gorgeous the game is. Outside of some rare moments (mostly during some cutscenes) where bland textures and awkward animations make things look dated it's one of the best looking games I've ever played on PS3. It all helps add to world that feels alive.

The story is excellent. The fantastic historical setting let's us participate with some of the most memorable events of the American Revolution. The characters are brought to life by fantastic performances and fleshed out motivations. The modern day story gets kind of lost in sci-fi mumbo jumbo at times and lost my interest long ago. But those who've stick with it should love the conclusion to the story that started so long ago, even if they might not like the actual ending.

Tons of new additions, subtle improvements, and grand scale make this the most ambitious AC I've played yet. Ships battles are a blast and tons of new side-quests help you feel connected to the world in new ways. I wasn't a fan of liberating sections of cities being tied to obscure objectives not mentioned on the map, but overall that's a minor complaint. The modern day sections finally let Desmond see some action and gives gamers a taste of how an AC game set in the modern-day would be like.

Multiplayer adds a few new features and game modes. The experience makes it harder to pick out who the real people among the AI are provided they aren't being totally obvious. This may make it harder to get kills, but once you get used to it things feels the same. If anything the extra added effort you'll have to put into finding your targets make it more like being an actual assassin.

AC3 improves and expands upon what came before in the series. It tries new things with series and succeeds because of it. However even with the new features it is still an Assassin's Creed game and feels like it. It's both fresh and familiar.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Everything (that we've learned to love and hate) is here. Gameplay, graphics, mechanics, we all know what to expect. Does this mean A3 is more of the same? No. And this is why I'm giving it a positive review. A3 is a breath of fresh air, even though it's pretty much the same game from before. It's the small tweaks that made the difference. The environment (finally leaving old Europe) isEverything (that we've learned to love and hate) is here. Gameplay, graphics, mechanics, we all know what to expect. Does this mean A3 is more of the same? No. And this is why I'm giving it a positive review. A3 is a breath of fresh air, even though it's pretty much the same game from before. It's the small tweaks that made the difference. The environment (finally leaving old Europe) is gorgeous, with a beautiful scenery and an open world that reminded me of Red Dead Redemption. The whole concept is fantastic as well (the assassins and the templars involved with the American Revolution). The new character, Connor (it's impossible to write his Indigenous name) is an interesting one, with a charm of his own; and it's great to play with someone else then Ezio. Another great addition are the naval battles, which function as the best mini-game in the series so far. I don't know where Ubi is taking this franchise but this time, at least, they really offered something with a new taste. And, for me, gave the series some lifetime to burn. Not the best game in the world (and not the best game of 2012) but a great game nevertheless. Must not be missed. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2014
    Pursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds andPursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds and thick fog to hide your attack, liberty is on the line, so unleash your killing power in Assassin's Creed 3. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2012
    i love this game it so good more little side quest and main character is british dude which frankly sound little like patrick stewart from american dad anyways it has good killing moves but overall the controller bit meh. The was glitches in game that they could fix.

but still overall 10 out of 10
  5. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AC3 is a all new AC Experience, it has a Read Dead Redemption feeling and the best things that you love on AC series. You watch the trailers, demos and theres no surprise, it is amazing like you saw by Ubisoft. Maybe GOTY 2012. Expand
  6. Dec 22, 2013
    While Assassin's Creed III has great combat, a visually stunning world, and a lot to do, the game has some huge, fatal flaws that detract from the enjoyment. Slow pacing, bad story, and an overwhelming amount of content hold Assassin's Creed III back from the greatness the previous entries achieved.
  7. Nov 1, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a good game, it's probably the best in the series. The game looks great and the controls are smooth. I found a few bugs,but nothing too serious. It pretty well improved on almost every aspect. Although they improved on many things, it still feels like the same game as before,which isn't a problem but it's more of a been there done that. Then again it's hard to findAssassin's Creed 3 is a good game, it's probably the best in the series. The game looks great and the controls are smooth. I found a few bugs,but nothing too serious. It pretty well improved on almost every aspect. Although they improved on many things, it still feels like the same game as before,which isn't a problem but it's more of a been there done that. Then again it's hard to find originality today anyway. This game reminded me a bit like Red Dead Redemption, and I shouldn't have to explain why, then again it's not a bad thing. The game still looks great,sounds great and plays smooth, I give it an 8 because I have played better games than this which are more fun. This game IS fun but I do not think it deserves a perfect score. The negative reviews on this game do not make any sense. A game where it controls bad,looks awful and isn't fun, should get a low score. This game has all the elements for a good game,there is nothing wrong with it in terms of playability. I found the game to be a little ont he easy side, but then again, most games today like to cater to the casual gamer anyway. It is really a personal preference, but by no means does this game deserve a 0-6 or even a 10. It's just a solid game and it's worth a look. If you loved the other AC games, then you will love this one even more. If you did not like the other AC games, then you wont like this one either.... 8/10 - Great! Expand
  8. Dec 7, 2012
    Finally, Assassin's Creed gets some renovation. After 2 COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY half-sequels, half-add-ons a full-scale part of the franchise is out. But does it live up to the expectations of the grand ending of the trilogy? Not quite. Firstly, the story. AC3 introduces a new era - American Revolution, and with it, a new character - Connor Kenway (who also has some long unpronounceableFinally, Assassin's Creed gets some renovation. After 2 COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY half-sequels, half-add-ons a full-scale part of the franchise is out. But does it live up to the expectations of the grand ending of the trilogy? Not quite. Firstly, the story. AC3 introduces a new era - American Revolution, and with it, a new character - Connor Kenway (who also has some long unpronounceable Indian name) The main plot is quite alright, with Ubisoft actually fulfilling the promise not to make the game pro-american. It's not, you have to fight against the patriots as well as the redcoats and the Founding Fathers aren't idealised at all, with George Washington himself being shown as a weak leader and a poor tactician. I personally don't have problems with the main character (and I certainly don't find him worse than the overrated Ezio Auditore), but one thing can't be denied - when compared to his own father (who serves as a secondary protagonist for like, 4 hours of gameplay), he lacks his charm and charisma. If Ubisoft decides to make another annual half-baked "sequel" (and they will, everyone loves money), they should definitely devote it to Haytham's backstory. However, as for the modern-age plot with Desmond struggling to save the world, things are not as bright. Desmond's missions are stupid and boring, and the ending is totally underwhelming, it's not an ending in fact, just an open gate for a sequel of some kind. I was hugely disappointed by that, since I liked Desmond's story before. Now to the technical part of the game. It looks just beautiful - AnvilNext provides some beautiful scenery, especially the Frontier. The protagonist's animations have been remade, and now just watching Connor climb the trees and jump over fences is a joy. The game suffered from some glitches in its 1.0 version, but that didn't ruin the game for me. Anyway, to the gameplay. It's still the AC gameplay you're all used to, no revolution here, sadly, just a few tweaks. Same lame "stealth", ending with you forced to go into an open fight 9 out of 10 times, basically the same combat system (with one change - you don't need going into the blocking stance to counter, so it's a bit faster and smoother) One welcome addition is the sea battles. Connor takes the role of the Captain of the Aquila, the Assassins' fleet flagship, and crosses the seas, fighting other vessels, while boarding some of them. One thing that I'd like to mention, is the soundtrack. Ubisoft somewhy didn't hire Jesper Kyd for it, so Lorne Balfe took his place. While the main theme is memorable, most other tunes are not, and that is a shame, since Jesper Kyd's music helped a lot to dive into the atmosphere of a particular age. To sum up, it's a good game, neither much better nor worse than AC2 in my opinion, mostly improving over its predecessor. One thing that it shows is that the franchise doesn't need to go Call-of-Duty-like annual. It's the first game in the franchise since AC2 that I actually enjoyed. Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with

Sound: The games theme fits with the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  10. Aug 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III
    Game-play:It has been improved with more fluid combat and better climbing but there are some glitches that are really annoying,the counter mechanic is very well made and makes the game fun but it also makes the game very easy,the best part of the game is the ship battles which are well made and really fun
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but
    Assassin's Creed III
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but the characters in the game are boring even Connor the only interesting character in the game is Haytham,but the story out side the animus is better than ever
    Graphics:At last we have an improvement at graphics which they are really good
    Notes:The game has a lot of weapons like bow and tomahawk which is fun to play,i like that the game has 2 cities and a big forest it was really fun to play there,most of the side missions are well made and fun,i recommend getting this game worth full price but it is still far from the AC2
  11. Oct 31, 2012
    Assassin's Creed III takes everything that worked well in previous titles, sprinkled in a touch of Red Dead Redemption, tweaked thecombat to be as smooth as Batman: Arkham City, borrowed the cinematic and character development of Uncharted 2, and polished it all off to be one of, if not the very best, game of 2012.
  12. Nov 2, 2012
    It's sad really, it's sad how people troll games that compete with thier favourite games, Yes, this game isn't perfect, Yes, Connor (the protagonist) isn't really that good compared to Ezio/Altair, but it's the best game this year along with Max Payne 3 and that is obvious imo, if you deny that you're simply a biased fanboy for another series, i gave this a 10 to counter all those negariveIt's sad really, it's sad how people troll games that compete with thier favourite games, Yes, this game isn't perfect, Yes, Connor (the protagonist) isn't really that good compared to Ezio/Altair, but it's the best game this year along with Max Payne 3 and that is obvious imo, if you deny that you're simply a biased fanboy for another series, i gave this a 10 to counter all those negarive 0's from trolls, my real score is 8.5/10. Expand
  13. Sep 28, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed III" en mi opinión el mejor de la franquicia; es porque ésta vez todo es totalmente mejorado: los gráficos, la historia, las ciudades, los personajes son más interesantes y demás. Sería un juego perfecto, pero solo le resté un punto por su final, si bien no es malo, es de todas maneras muy insatisfactorio.
  14. Feb 7, 2016
    it's a good game. The combat is awesome, it's challenging, and it's fun. The only thing I hate about the game is the multiplayer. The multiplayer sucks, but this is a good game.
  15. Oct 31, 2012
    People need to stop trolling, it's really makes me sad seeing trolls giving this game 0's without even stating one valid reason, this game isn't perfect but it's the best this year, way better than other rushed games that surprisngly, got better scores than this for some reason. :/
  16. Nov 5, 2012
    I have to say, I was rather impressed with this game. After the inherent failure that was Revelations, Ubisoft made an ambitious but risky leap into a whole new world with Connor and the American Revolution. The story crafted around this period is a little less exciting the fighting the Pope under the Vatican, but it does present opportunities to take part in events and meet charactersI have to say, I was rather impressed with this game. After the inherent failure that was Revelations, Ubisoft made an ambitious but risky leap into a whole new world with Connor and the American Revolution. The story crafted around this period is a little less exciting the fighting the Pope under the Vatican, but it does present opportunities to take part in events and meet characters that no other game does. The plot itself is a little shaky, with various holes in the storytelling, however it still has the intricate Ubisoft feel and is told magnificently throughout the game, and yet again leaves us with many questions at the end of the game. The game-play itself has changed, in some ways for the worst and in some ways for the better. The game is more fluid and has a better constructed combat than before, but the linear missions take away the freedom we had in previous Assassin's Creed titles, which is disappointing. The expansive world created for the game is not only breathtaking but alive as well, which means there will always be more to do, and the side missions have gotten even better. The game is plagued by several irritating bugs, which can get in the way of game-play experience, but hopefully future patches will correct this. To conclude, both Assassin's Creed and non-Assassin's Creed fans will love this game, but it is not the 'next-gen' title Ubisoft hyped it up to be. Expand
  17. Nov 8, 2012
    It is definitely a different AC. There are things that are so different that takes away the fun from it, but some of the differences also add to it as well. Whilst recruiting assassins is a little bit more tedious, they make made up for this fact by actually having a back-story. They do feel like real characters. Especially also the characters in the homestead and others that you interactIt is definitely a different AC. There are things that are so different that takes away the fun from it, but some of the differences also add to it as well. Whilst recruiting assassins is a little bit more tedious, they make made up for this fact by actually having a back-story. They do feel like real characters. Especially also the characters in the homestead and others that you interact with. There is definitely a lot more focus on making a more realistic feel to the story. The game-play is good as usual though the combat still repetitive. Expand
  18. May 1, 2013
    AC3 is the best Assassin's Creed game yet, at least that's what I would be saying if the story was better. That is the main thing that was wrong with this game. The gameplay is much better with lots more variety and I love the naval side missions but the story and pacing are the let down here. I find Connor alot less interesting than Ezio and the game tells a good story in the univers ofAC3 is the best Assassin's Creed game yet, at least that's what I would be saying if the story was better. That is the main thing that was wrong with this game. The gameplay is much better with lots more variety and I love the naval side missions but the story and pacing are the let down here. I find Connor alot less interesting than Ezio and the game tells a good story in the univers of AC but Connor as a character just isn't as good. The pacing is also an issue, you don't actually get to play as connor with his full abilities until sequence 6 which is a shame. Multiplayer has improved again with wolfpack mode being very fun if you get good teamates. This game is good but has a lot of potential Expand
  19. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here it is- the reason that we play Assassin's Creed. The grand end to Desmond's arc and the most advanced entry since II. The Ezio trilogy is finished, after two great, if uninnovative spin offs. Revelations began to show cracks in the once pristine formula of AC, but now that formula has been renewed for more entries from the most popular historic action game in our industry. I just want to add one more thing before I get into the meat of the review- screw you haters. Those who give this game 0s and 1s. Sure, it's buggy, but so is the critically acclaimed Skyrim and I had more problems with that than this (stupid crashes). Lack of innovation? What do you call advanced combat, parkour, crafting, economy... This list goes on. Now that I've ranted, let's talk.

Once again, the story is remarkable. It kicks off with Desmond, who gets a nice slice of content in this game. I was actually looking forward to the present day sections this time around and even if numerous glitches arise throughout his four main adventures, I still loved his greater focus on stealth and the story is nowhere near as confusing as it was in Revelations (first person puzzles are absent thank god!). Over in the Animus, the real action kicks off with Haytham Kenway. The main gameplay mechanics are experienced through him and while his section feels like a 3 hour tutorial, the story telling is remarkable and builds up to a killer final act that ends in a killer twist. Fast forward a few years and we're with Rahok- no I'm not even gonna try pronouncing his name. It's pronounced Rah-ha-doo-n-a-gay-doo and he is the main protagonist. We stick with him for the rest of the game, but the first three hours are spent playing as him in his youth. He later changes his name to the more pronouncable Connor Kenway and embarks on an epic quest to free America and bring justice. So no redemption or revenge themes, but something completely different. NIce! He is a little bland and one dimensional, but this change is welcome after three games with Ezio. The ending on both sides is suitable. Connor has a little bit more resolution to his conclusion, while Desmond leaves us with more questions... but at least they are new!

Gameplay wise, this takes plenty of leaps forward. Stealth is back, with new hiding places, the ability to take cover and plenty of cool takedowns. Combat is more offensive, with attacking placed over defending. Dual Takedowns are spectacular and brutal. Parkour is a whole lot more advanced, with vaulting, crawling and tree climbing introduced to great effect. The brotherhood mechanics are highly refined with multiple useful objects and a highly advanced crafting and trading system will confuse you at first, before making you realise how great this game is. A dynamic weather system, hunting and more variation in environments are three things that help this game to stand out and the graphics are amazing with the Anvil Next Engine. The new Homestead is full of distractions and will suck you in for hours.

Along with the main campaign, there are plenty of collectibles and side missions, with naval gameplay a new feature that will amaze you. It's deep and advanced, the water is lifelike and while you only take to the wheel in missions, there is a sense of freedom to be had. And the action is remarkable! In fact, this is probably the most explosive Assassin's Creed, with plenty of set pieces and great moments. Multiplayer returns as well, with new coop and customisation features that make it a bit more of an attractive feature. It is only natural for assassins to team up...

In the end the game does have plenty of bugs and not even three years of work can cover these. But I didn't have too many problems and the pros far outweighed the cons. This is a brilliant game and one of my favourite games of all time. It also helps that it is the perfect jumping on point for people new to the series, with the new character and recap being great for new fans. If you have any intention of buying ACIII, don't wait- get it immediately!
  20. Jun 30, 2015
    A new main character and a new setting was exactly what AC games needed. Ezio had run his course and it was time to make a change. Along with the new main character Ubisoft completely changed the gameplay. But this was a good thing since the historical setting also changed.

I honestly can't understand the hate for this game. The new gameplay mechanics are great and the story is actually good once more. And the game is long enough again. A lot of variety goes to the gameplay, there are the typical city areas familiar from the previous games and there is the Frontier: a big forest area where you can go about your business. Where in the city you can climb and run on rooftops, in the Frontier you can climb and run on trees. The climbing mechanics are really smooth. Though some players might prefer the old slower climbing mechanics from AC II and Brotherhood.

The present day stuff is an improvement from AC Revelations, but it's still a bit lacking.

(I played this game when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  21. Nov 6, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3 is the best game I've ever played in my whole entire life. That's all I really have to say about this title. You can see details from other reviews.
  22. Jan 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think this game is cool because it got cool warfares and fighting moves but too bad...i had nocticed that MOST of the Assassin's Creed series have endings that ended with u unexpected and a feeling of not enough explanation. (Also, AC series doesnt like boss fight or huge warfares at the end) I always loved how the story goes, like there is Present Day and back to the animus. Too bad for wat? Well, i think its too bad that the game is such a great invention but so short. Sleeping Dogs will be the example of Assassin's Creed III. I thought there will be a long way to play after Desmond plug in the power sourse and we will get back to Connor. Well, we DID. YEAH, AFTER THE CREITS. Everytime i finished a AC game, i HAVE to do research for wat the hell happened at the end or wat s gonna happen. I DID NOT expect touching a ball will be the end of Desmond and all. But the reason why i gave a very high score, is because the warfares and fighting are very fun. I remembered that there are canon warfares and ship warfares but...i think they place the warfares on the wrong spot. Expand
  23. dpc
    Nov 2, 2012
    To say this is not a good game is ridiculous. There are a few technical issues to be sure, which hopefully will be addressed in a patch. But the setting is incredible, the character development is excellent and it is freakin' fun as hell. The beginning is slow, being an excuse to act as a tutorial of sorts, yet the story and action are still very compelling all the same. So I, at least,To say this is not a good game is ridiculous. There are a few technical issues to be sure, which hopefully will be addressed in a patch. But the setting is incredible, the character development is excellent and it is freakin' fun as hell. The beginning is slow, being an excuse to act as a tutorial of sorts, yet the story and action are still very compelling all the same. So I, at least, can forgive that. Once you get to Boston, things pick up. In reality, I'd give it an 8.5, which is still excellent overall. I wanted to offset the idiots who are saying it's a "0". Come on. But being honest, it's also not exactly a 10 either. What it is, however, is a truly unique experience with an amazing chance to play in the world of colonial America. If you're a prissy fanboy tool, don't bother getting it. Everyone else using a 10th of your brain or more will love it. Expand
  24. Oct 31, 2012
    I'm about to laugh at all the negative reviewers because I think they just need to calm down. The introduction of the game is about 2 hours and yes it "forces" you through a lot of stuff, but AC3 wasn't designed for idiots with no patience. AC3 is for those die-hard fans who love the plot, and so these 2 hours are putting you through plot that you MUST endure if you have followed the storyI'm about to laugh at all the negative reviewers because I think they just need to calm down. The introduction of the game is about 2 hours and yes it "forces" you through a lot of stuff, but AC3 wasn't designed for idiots with no patience. AC3 is for those die-hard fans who love the plot, and so these 2 hours are putting you through plot that you MUST endure if you have followed the story previously. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED THE OTHERS. And if you're impatient and lazy and stupid then just don't bother. You will love the graphics and gameplay because the devs have put blood sweat and tears into those domains, but the game is mostly for the plot and the love. It's deep and will keep getting deeper. AC 4 LYFE!!! Expand
  25. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks thatFantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand
  26. Oct 30, 2012
  27. Mar 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't say that I was expecting much from new "Assassin's Creed". Neither I can say that all previous games in the series were bad. At some point they had their problems that made me wish to see the credits rolling. New changes that we could see in the trailers were fascinating. Ship sequences, new protagonist, wild life, new to the series environment and, of course, new time period and setting made fans wonder what the game would be. Playing as two protagonists, who were on the opposite sites of conspiracy gave a fresh look on the main story. Connor, a native citizen of new world, is as good character as Ezio in AC II, but yet Connor manages to let player understand hate and moral choices more than you could image earlier in the series. Storyline of 18th century is mixed with gameplay in the future, that finally became as important and interesting as any other in the game.
    Gameplay was significantly rebuild adding some new features like quick death scenes using different animation from time to time. Fighting scenes became very cinematic not letting you take eyes of your screen. During the game you will also have to command a group of soldiers that are defending their line.
    Other important part that should be mentioned is warship navigation. Although there are only few sea fights in the game, and it is not a flaw, they are the ones you can't forget because they are epic.
    The first thing that comes to mind when I think of AC III is Connor running with his axe in the grass, suddenly appearing behind enemy soldiers and assassinating them. This memory is so strong that it is easy to forget about some minor bugs that appeared during walkthrough. I would even say, that AC III is the buggiest game in the series (after some flaws in first AC), although these bugs were never critical, but they took me out of the game to realize that I was back on my coach. Probably they all were fixed in following patch that I never installed.
    "Assassin's Creed III" is a must buy game for each AC fan and any gamer who likes detailed and original world of a game. I have to add that 3rd big installment of assassin is in my top 5 games list that were released in 2012.
  28. May 11, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno sin duda los que digan que es malo se equivocan es bueno destaca en todo pero no tanto como los otros assassins creed y se retoma lo mejor que caracterizo la saga aparte de la historia
  29. Dec 17, 2013
    To put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is veryTo put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is very rewarding. I enjoyed the campaign as well (though admittedly I didn't quite finish it). My main complaints with the game are the sometimes inconsistent climbing, the perhaps under-developed sailing sequences, and a few glitches here and there which don't really detract from the gaming experience. Expand
  30. Jan 13, 2013
    I don't understand why this game is getting such bad reviews. Let me cut to the chase, the game is simply outstanding and some people are just not realizing that. For me, I am more of a "history" kind of person, so I enjoyed the game very much. I consider this game the best of the franchise, not the worse. With more positives than negatives for this game, I am going for another positiveI don't understand why this game is getting such bad reviews. Let me cut to the chase, the game is simply outstanding and some people are just not realizing that. For me, I am more of a "history" kind of person, so I enjoyed the game very much. I consider this game the best of the franchise, not the worse. With more positives than negatives for this game, I am going for another positive here. Some people are in the middle, or undecided about the game almost, for me, I'm not. The game had everything in it that made it both fun, and suspenseful. I got my hands full whenever the twists of the game began, whenever I saw some parts of the game, I was completely mind-boggled, and wanted to keep playing more and more. I highly recommend this game. Expand

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.