6.9

1. Nov 2, 2012
    i love this game it so good more little side quest and main character is british dude which frankly sound little like patrick stewart from american dad anyways it has good killing moves but overall the controller bit meh. The was glitches in game that they could fix.

but still overall 10 out of 10
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with
    the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    Assassin's Creed III takes everything that worked well in previous titles, sprinkled in a touch of Red Dead Redemption, tweaked thecombat to be as smooth as Batman: Arkham City, borrowed the cinematic and character development of Uncharted 2, and polished it all off to be one of, if not the very best, game of 2012.
  4. Nov 2, 2012
    It's sad really, it's sad how people troll games that compete with thier favourite games, Yes, this game isn't perfect, Yes, Connor (the protagonist) isn't really that good compared to Ezio/Altair, but it's the best game this year along with Max Payne 3 and that is obvious imo, if you deny that you're simply a biased fanboy for another series, i gave this a 10 to counter all those negarive 0's from trolls, my real score is 8.5/10. Expand
  5. Sep 28, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed III" en mi opinión el mejor de la franquicia; es porque ésta vez todo es totalmente mejorado: los gráficos, la historia, las ciudades, los personajes son más interesantes y demás. Sería un juego perfecto, pero solo le resté un punto por su final, si bien no es malo, es de todas maneras muy insatisfactorio.
  6. Oct 31, 2012
    People need to stop trolling, it's really makes me sad seeing trolls giving this game 0's without even stating one valid reason, this game isn't perfect but it's the best this year, way better than other rushed games that surprisngly, got better scores than this for some reason. :/
  7. Nov 5, 2012
    I have to say, I was rather impressed with this game. After the inherent failure that was Revelations, Ubisoft made an ambitious but risky leap into a whole new world with Connor and the American Revolution. The story crafted around this period is a little less exciting the fighting the Pope under the Vatican, but it does present opportunities to take part in events and meet characters that no other game does. The plot itself is a little shaky, with various holes in the storytelling, however it still has the intricate Ubisoft feel and is told magnificently throughout the game, and yet again leaves us with many questions at the end of the game. The game-play itself has changed, in some ways for the worst and in some ways for the better. The game is more fluid and has a better constructed combat than before, but the linear missions take away the freedom we had in previous Assassin's Creed titles, which is disappointing. The expansive world created for the game is not only breathtaking but alive as well, which means there will always be more to do, and the side missions have gotten even better. The game is plagued by several irritating bugs, which can get in the way of game-play experience, but hopefully future patches will correct this. To conclude, both Assassin's Creed and non-Assassin's Creed fans will love this game, but it is not the 'next-gen' title Ubisoft hyped it up to be. Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3 is the best game I've ever played in my whole entire life. That's all I really have to say about this title. You can see details from other reviews.
  9. Oct 30, 2012
    AC3 is a all new AC Experience, it has a Read Dead Redemption feeling and the best things that you love on AC series. You watch the trailers, demos and theres no surprise, it is amazing like you saw by Ubisoft. Maybe GOTY 2012.
  10. Oct 31, 2012
    I'm about to laugh at all the negative reviewers because I think they just need to calm down. The introduction of the game is about 2 hours and yes it "forces" you through a lot of stuff, but AC3 wasn't designed for idiots with no patience. AC3 is for those die-hard fans who love the plot, and so these 2 hours are putting you through plot that you MUST endure if you have followed the story previously. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED THE OTHERS. And if you're impatient and lazy and stupid then just don't bother. You will love the graphics and gameplay because the devs have put blood sweat and tears into those domains, but the game is mostly for the plot and the love. It's deep and will keep getting deeper. AC 4 LYFE!!! Expand
  11. Mar 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't say that I was expecting much from new "Assassin's Creed". Neither I can say that all previous games in the series were bad. At some point they had their problems that made me wish to see the credits rolling. New changes that we could see in the trailers were fascinating. Ship sequences, new protagonist, wild life, new to the series environment and, of course, new time period and setting made fans wonder what the game would be. Playing as two protagonists, who were on the opposite sites of conspiracy gave a fresh look on the main story. Connor, a native citizen of new world, is as good character as Ezio in AC II, but yet Connor manages to let player understand hate and moral choices more than you could image earlier in the series. Storyline of 18th century is mixed with gameplay in the future, that finally became as important and interesting as any other in the game.
    Gameplay was significantly rebuild adding some new features like quick death scenes using different animation from time to time. Fighting scenes became very cinematic not letting you take eyes of your screen. During the game you will also have to command a group of soldiers that are defending their line.
    Other important part that should be mentioned is warship navigation. Although there are only few sea fights in the game, and it is not a flaw, they are the ones you can't forget because they are epic.
    The first thing that comes to mind when I think of AC III is Connor running with his axe in the grass, suddenly appearing behind enemy soldiers and assassinating them. This memory is so strong that it is easy to forget about some minor bugs that appeared during walkthrough. I would even say, that AC III is the buggiest game in the series (after some flaws in first AC), although these bugs were never critical, but they took me out of the game to realize that I was back on my coach. Probably they all were fixed in following patch that I never installed.
    "Assassin's Creed III" is a must buy game for each AC fan and any gamer who likes detailed and original world of a game. I have to add that 3rd big installment of assassin is in my top 5 games list that were released in 2012.
  12. Jan 13, 2013
    I don't understand why this game is getting such bad reviews. Let me cut to the chase, the game is simply outstanding and some people are just not realizing that. For me, I am more of a "history" kind of person, so I enjoyed the game very much. I consider this game the best of the franchise, not the worse. With more positives than negatives for this game, I am going for another positive here. Some people are in the middle, or undecided about the game almost, for me, I'm not. The game had everything in it that made it both fun, and suspenseful. I got my hands full whenever the twists of the game began, whenever I saw some parts of the game, I was completely mind-boggled, and wanted to keep playing more and more. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  13. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand
  14. Dec 17, 2013
    To put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is very rewarding. I enjoyed the campaign as well (though admittedly I didn't quite finish it). My main complaints with the game are the sometimes inconsistent climbing, the perhaps under-developed sailing sequences, and a few glitches here and there which don't really detract from the gaming experience. Expand
  15. Jun 19, 2013
    This game came so close to being better than number 2 for me. It they just decided to not care about people who didn't play the others (sorry about that) the game could have been perfect. Some game-play decisions in the story could have been better, mainly sequence 5,7,8. Some minor decisions like capacity got me mad but besides that I enjoyed this game, to all you bashing it, screw off, don't buy it, its funny how this was one of the most selling game of 2012. Expand
  16. Nov 1, 2012
    Let me start of by saying Assassins Creed II was one of my favorite games because it was such a step forward from Assassins Creed 1. . I Hated brotherhood and revolution because i felt like they where the same game. And they didnt change much at all compared to AC2. I was worried that this might happen for AC3. Apsolutely not.! the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is amazing and they are after changing alot of things about this game. i would mark it a 10 but i find one thing wrong with this game. it sometimes lags a bit ! but other than that. Perfect Expand
  17. May 11, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno sin duda los que digan que es malo se equivocan es bueno destaca en todo pero no tanto como los otros assassins creed y se retoma lo mejor que caracterizo la saga aparte de la historia
  18. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I wanted to write a short review, but there's too much to say about AC3. There must be said that it was one of the most hyped games of the year, so the expectations were high, leading some to disappointment. There must be said that Ubisoft took chances introducing new characters and gameplay mechanics in a well stated franchise. And, above all, it must be said that people don't know what they want. If a game is pretty much the same than its predecessor, people complain saing that the developer lacks ideas and only want to milk the gamers. If the game differs too much, people complain as well stating that they sacrificed the good points in the previous game and replaced it with bad points.
    That said, I must say that, indeed, AC3 was a bit disappointing, but it doesn't fail to deliver a fun gameplay, engaging story, sweet graphics and an overall really great experience. The game starts slow. This is a point that, for some, may drag down the experience of the game as a whole. But that slow start server to the purpose of introducing the story. You'd be lost if weren't for the first "slow" hours of the game. You're introduced to the new gameplay features in the first hours too. So, you can't skip it.
    As the story develops, you come across several sidequest, as in the previous titles. In the city, among the woods, farms, etc. The addition of the naval missions was the highest point in the game, in my opinion. It works so well and it is so fun and smooth you can't stop playing. They almost reached perfection simulating sails and stuff. The game is smooth like butter when you're exploring the woods. Climbing the trees, hiding in bushes, hunting, everything works just fine. I don't know about other players, but I found the gameplay in the cities very glitchy. The parkour is sometimes confusing and you end up climbing or jumping in places you don't want to. This is serious, once almost the entire game is based in parkour. I failed several missions because of a failed jump or a ledge. I don't even have to mention riding a horse in the cities. Not only in the cities, actually. It's painful. The horse just get stuck for no reason, and controling it can be a pain. Plus, there's the guards sometimes starting to chase you for no apparent reason, even when you are incognito. Besides, there are moments when animals or people get stuck in trees or walls. It's kind of funny a AAA game such as Assassin's Creed shouldn't have such silly glitches.The combat has changed a little from the previous titles. There's now a counter button, when an enemy attacks you. But it seems sloppy, because Connor hits the air so many times I can't count, but still the enemy is damaged. It's an aesthetic glitch, and I don't like it.
    About the graphics, there's nothing to complain. Is simply amazing. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. As I said, the framerate in the woods is smooth. In the city, there's occasional drops and screen tearing, specially in the pursuits.
    Now, the disappointing part. The Assassin's Creed series got me so engaged because of its complex story, involving history, religion, apocalypse, and so many other interesting things mixed up together. AC3 was supposed to be the climax of the story built upon the 4 previous titles, closing it up in a unbelievable way. Well, in fact, the ending wasn't what I expected, and it isn't a good thing. They put too little effort closing the story and (BEWARE OF THE SPOILER) just killed everyone. I think with myself that this was the inevitable way that the story would end. The first civilization, with all their powers and resources did not prevent the world from "ending", who would say the humans would do. But it seems like the effort from the assassins throughout the games were pointless. I say it again, I don't think that prevent the end of the world was possible, but I expected something far more dramatic and elaborate, just like the whole series.
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a kickass game, and as a fan, I can assure it's a great game. But the glitches prevent you of enjoying the game in full. The ending is not so bad in my opinion, but could've been better. Perhaps Ubisoft will release patches fixing the glitches in the next weeks or months. When it happens, the game take a 10 from me. Right now, it's a 9.
  19. Nov 1, 2012
    This game is incredible. To all the people writing negative reviews, are you playing the same game? Or is it that I just don't get mad at things they changed? I think some people stopped playing and just said it was crap after twenty minutes. But moving along the story of Connor from beginning to end is great and I connected with him more than any other character in the series. Granted this isn't going to win any Oscars but the story I think is the best of the series. He frustrated me at times and in the middle it fell flat for a bit but then picked up again. Overall very good. And the prologue was great, it was a fun lead into the story, predictable but still a nice long intro and set up with a little shock and awe to throw you into the game. I loved it so sorry to those who don't. Definitely did not ruin the game. Now graphics because this one is easy, They are gorgeous. Incredible work on the faces of people, mostly noticeable in cut scenes cuz when else are you looking at faces. The faces are a bit shiny tho, minor nit pick. The Levels are huge, and multiple areas like in ACII. I ran through the main story and left side missions for after and I bet I only uncovered 1/3 or less of the areas, especially frontier. And also gorgeous not only in looks but design, the cities have always been great and the two new ones are no less, the docks are one of my favorite views with all the big ships. And frontier is great with lots of vertical and variation on the map. Really got lost in the woods many times, like skyrim almost, not as large as that of course. That leads into the weather, it just adds that extra layer which I really liked. you are in the same places but they look different and snow slows you down a bit which is a nice touch. Now Gameplay, they have stripped this one down I feel, but I feel for the better, they kept what was good and made it work especially combat. no sprinkle fillers like all the grenades in revelations that I never used. Free running took a bit to get used to with the only one button this time and with all the automated corner peaks and so many things to climb on you will run into frustrations climbing the wrong way or jumping off when you didn't mean to etc but nothing more than in previous games. Running in trees and such in the frontier is super fun, especially I was chasing guy on horseback stood up, jumped into the trees air assassinated and stole a bad guys horse, stood up and jumped into the trees again and rope hung the second guy. That was memorable to me. Then the boats! Oh I love the boats!! freaking pirate style and so much fun. People can complain about them if they want but I personally love every single part about the boats. To wrap it up as I am getting lengthy the only bad things I would say is i which they took stealth a step further, like a crouch/sneak i felt would have helped in some situations. The sneak missions i found to be the most frustrating but once you figure out a path then it works you just might have to try a few times. or twenty. but minor gripe because I did feel accomplished once i finally got the missions done, more so than when i just had to run and kill someone, that's easy! So overall a great game and a great experience, oh music, voice acting and sound 10/10 almost forgot that. But so great in fact i'm going to go play some more, maybe jump into multiplayer which i haven't had a chance to do. By far my favorite in the series and a must buy for any fan. and definitely look into if you are just looking for an amazing game worth more than the $60 you put into it. or more like me i got the limited edition just so i could hang the flag on my wall, and it looks awesome! Expand
  20. Oct 30, 2012
    This game is an amazing new iteration for the Assassin's Creed saga, a worthy successor to its awesome predecessors, and an epic tale where you can enjoy the incredible amount of work that Ubisoft surely invested on it. Here the American Revolution feels alive and fresh, and it comes with a multifaceted and human hero: the memorable Connor.
  21. dpc
    Nov 2, 2012
    To say this is not a good game is ridiculous. There are a few technical issues to be sure, which hopefully will be addressed in a patch. But the setting is incredible, the character development is excellent and it is freakin' fun as hell. The beginning is slow, being an excuse to act as a tutorial of sorts, yet the story and action are still very compelling all the same. So I, at least, can forgive that. Once you get to Boston, things pick up. In reality, I'd give it an 8.5, which is still excellent overall. I wanted to offset the idiots who are saying it's a "0". Come on. But being honest, it's also not exactly a 10 either. What it is, however, is a truly unique experience with an amazing chance to play in the world of colonial America. If you're a prissy fanboy tool, don't bother getting it. Everyone else using a 10th of your brain or more will love it. Expand
  22. Oct 30, 2012
    Best assassins creed game by far! Graphics are superb with minor flaws and glitches but nothing unfixable. The story is in my opinion the best I. The series as well, plus with free roam it makes it a must own game for newbies and fans alike! If you have never played AC it doesn't matter you can pick right up no confusion since you get a backstory in the beginning. Highly recommend this game to anyone and everyone! Expand
  23. Apr 16, 2013
    I love the AC series everything about it is so fun this one is no different a great storyline good combat graphics and characters a must buy for any AC fan
  24. Nov 9, 2012
    Great game! The new location is a good change of pace than the rooftop heavy predecessors of the series. Combat and the new techniques have good additions too. Loved the AC series and this is a good step for the assassin.
  25. Oct 30, 2012
    I was worried at first about the setting but its really turned out to be a great experience. The graphics first off are great. Landscape and buildings are good enough to interest you in walking around old america to see the original cities. Combat is fun as expected and guns dont damage it nearly as bad as id expected. Theres plenty of cutscenes to keep you fully interested in whats going on and who it involves so you always want to keep playing just to see more story. It really is an amazing entry to the series and i find myself hoping to see more games come out involving this timeframe.so knowing i walked into this game uninterested and not wanting such a jump in time setting to saying hey this game is a 10 was a shock to me. But i do love it thats for sure. It was well done Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    Well, first off making any game play this well (at times it is excruciating in close quarters) but overall balls out **** amazingly well, is so difficult at this scale it defies words. I would seriously have bought this game if it was for the sailing ship captaining portion alone. THIS IS SO VERY GOOD, THE DYNAMICS ARE FLAWLESS. Let alone everything else you get in the package. This game demands all time you have to vest in it. The only thing that left me angry was the nature of the way the ending was handled. I can't explain how ecstatic I was when we found out whom the celestial old beings were in AC2m, literally one of the best gaming moments I have ever enjoyed. Taking all of that excitement and ending the way it did was supremely disappointing. I give the dev team and the programers as well as artists an 11 for this great work, script writers responsible for the main storyline get a paltry - fukc youz. Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2012
    C'mon, I really cannot believe you people are judging this game this bad. Okay, AC3 is not the best game in human history, but is not that far away from being such. Gameplay is awesome, combat is fully improved. Now, gamers do not depend in the story of the series- which, by the way, is still pretty awesome - to continue playing the game. The old "counter-to-win" style is not more so significant. The confrontations are more dynamic and the different kinds of missions make the game one hell of a good choice for the GOTY. The few things that can be said about this piece of art are definitely related with its bugs, loading screens, lack of involvement with some characters, and not-that-good ending. AC3 does not follow ME3 terrible ending model, as its almost certain the existence of a sequel for the game, but.... all fans that waited anxiously for the third episode of Desmond's saga won't be truly satisfied with its conclusion. Expand
  28. Nov 5, 2012
    This game is the best version of Assassin´s Creed series. Obviously the game has some problems, like many bugs and inconsist frame rate, but the history is absolutely brilliant, ship batles are great, good multiplayer .. .whatever, great job from Ubisoft.
  29. Nov 3, 2012
    Let's be clear here:This game gets a 8.5/10.Nothing below that imo.That is why I chose to rate this 9/10.Now on to the review.
    First of all this game has glitches.Not ridiculous glitches like some other mentioned here but glitches that should not exist in such a game.For example.In the cut scenes,subtitles appear and the person is actually talking,but his mouth is not moving.Also,I have
    experienced a lot of frame rate issues.FPS is ok but only until you reach an area with a lot of people or a lot of objects.Those are the issues I have experienced thus far.Now to the pros.This game just does not feel as boring as AC Brotherhood and (possibly) AC Revelations.AC Brotherhood in my opinion was a copy of AC II,but well,a lot worse.Revelations felt,once again,generic.This game though,feels interesting,fresh.Of course,the story telling in all previous games is better and Connor is not as like able as Ezio BUT,when all other games failed(with the exception of ACII)this game succeded.If you are a lazy person then do not play game like this,where you have a lot of story telling and a lot of cut scenes.The first couple of hours in the game(make it one hour)you will spend doing things such as climbing and the game will let you familiarize yourself with the controls,before you get into the game.I haven't used the multiplayer feature yet so I cannot say anything about that.Please,PLEASE do not fully take into consideration the negative reviews,which,most of the time,are from people who expect way too much from one game.Of course,it is not as good as ACII and it does have some issues,but it deserves your 45-60 pounds because of the hundreds of games out there,this one is definitely worth it. Expand
  30. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here is my review of the game, first the graphics, the graphics in this game are really detailed and beautiful, the character models and the environments are great and when you reach a highpoint, you will not want to go down just because you want to apprecciate the scenery, especially in the frontier, now the gameplay, this is your typical ac gameplay but with some cool tweaks, the controls have changed, now you counter with o or b in ps3 or xbox, you knwo have double counters and combos which feel great , it is also dual wielding , the combat if done right you can teke out large groups of enemies like a boss because of the dual wielding you can now kill cleanly and quickly, it also has a greater stelath feature with some new itmes like the bow or the rope dart, and some other new functions that meake the steakth easier and cooler, you also have hunting, where you can hunt animals and sell their pelts at a certain cost based on the way you killed the animal, which is really cool and interesting, you also have club challenges which are also fun to complete, the naval warfare is good, ot is fun and keeps the game fresh, and you can also upgrade your ship, all of the gameplay is a ton of fun, the only minor problem I had though was the crafting interface, at the beggining it was confusing as **** characters: the characters in this game are really likeable and well done, i almost cried when achilles and haytham died, connor for me is in par with ezio as a character and all of the characters are really deep and they make you care about them, at least for me, i wanted every memeber of the templar order to die , and at the same time i was worried of what would happen to connor and his companions throughout the story.
    story, it is a direct sequel to assassins creed revelations you start the game as desmond where he and his friends find a crypt but then desmond starts to have allucinations and he eventually faints, i'm not going to say anymore to don't spil anything more than i did, but the story is so well done that i never wanted to stop playing, and i LITERALLY dodn't want too, if i had to pee i would say to myself **** IT!! i want to know what happens next.
    Overall in MY opinion it is a 10 out of 10, it has some minor issues and bugs but i think it raises the bar so high that it doesn't deserved any pints of. Peace

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.