6.9

1. Oct 30, 2012
    a lot of technical error harm this great game the graphics very good and sound tracks impressive and the story not as good as the last 4 games but still very good and must by for ps3 owner
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    AC3 is a all new AC Experience, it has a Read Dead Redemption feeling and the best things that you love on AC series. You watch the trailers, demos and theres no surprise, it is amazing like you saw by Ubisoft. Maybe GOTY 2012.
  3. Mar 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't say that I was expecting much from new "Assassin's Creed". Neither I can say that all previous games in the series were bad. At some point they had their problems that made me wish to see the credits rolling. New changes that we could see in the trailers were fascinating. Ship sequences, new protagonist, wild life, new to the series environment and, of course, new time period and setting made fans wonder what the game would be. Playing as two protagonists, who were on the opposite sites of conspiracy gave a fresh look on the main story. Connor, a native citizen of new world, is as good character as Ezio in AC II, but yet Connor manages to let player understand hate and moral choices more than you could image earlier in the series. Storyline of 18th century is mixed with gameplay in the future, that finally became as important and interesting as any other in the game.
    Gameplay was significantly rebuild adding some new features like quick death scenes using different animation from time to time. Fighting scenes became very cinematic not letting you take eyes of your screen. During the game you will also have to command a group of soldiers that are defending their line.
    Other important part that should be mentioned is warship navigation. Although there are only few sea fights in the game, and it is not a flaw, they are the ones you can't forget because they are epic.
    The first thing that comes to mind when I think of AC III is Connor running with his axe in the grass, suddenly appearing behind enemy soldiers and assassinating them. This memory is so strong that it is easy to forget about some minor bugs that appeared during walkthrough. I would even say, that AC III is the buggiest game in the series (after some flaws in first AC), although these bugs were never critical, but they took me out of the game to realize that I was back on my coach. Probably they all were fixed in following patch that I never installed.
    "Assassin's Creed III" is a must buy game for each AC fan and any gamer who likes detailed and original world of a game. I have to add that 3rd big installment of assassin is in my top 5 games list that were released in 2012.
  4. May 18, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III.
    Note: I have decided to include 2 new segments to this review, because there are some things that I can't consider good, or bad.
    Good Points: + The Period of time, the American Revolution is a great time to explore how an assassin and templar brotherhood could have installed there. Haytham Kenway, he's an excellent character and just impossible not to like. The
    Assassin's Creed III.
    Good Points:
    + The Period of time, the American Revolution is a great time to explore how an assassin and templar brotherhood could have installed there. Haytham Kenway, he's an excellent character and just impossible not to like. The comeback of more than 1 city (although you had Capadoccia in Revelations, you practically played all in Constantinople) and the different characteristics of each individual place. The Frontier and the addition of animals and hunting is amazing. The Seasons, now you can have snow and is just beautiful. Climbing trees, it is very useful when you have to scape from something or you just don't want to go on the snow (or whatever reason you find). The Length of both, the story and all side quest, which gave a lot of fun hours. Naval Battles, all (even those who rated this game with a 0) know that this is a TRULY good point. The vast inventory (including heavy, small, normal weapons and also a lot of range weapons). The American Assassin Brotherhood; This time they gave importance to how you meet them and why they decided to join the Brotherhood, giving each Assassin a different background. The Present Day gets really fun on this one, by giving you missions to retrieve power sources. Soundtrack, I always say it's amazing, but I have no word for this one IT'S BRILLIANT. (sorry for that). The Forts, it's really fun to liberate them and take away all Red Coats. Noah Watts and Adrian Hough, they make and incredible voice acting giving it emotion and a really interesting atmosphere. Benedict Arnold missions are just OK and we're lucky that they're free because I wouldn't recommend them if you had to pay for it. The Assassin Suit, is definitely the best Assassin outfit so far. The outstanding graphics, this is visually the best AC game so far. The AnvilNext Engine, it makes the game more realistic and powerful than before (it is also a bad point, check why)
    Bad Points:
    - The Game truly starts at Sequence 8 (considering you unlock New York, the final location, in this sequence), which is a shame, because you don't get full liberty until half of the game. Sequence 1, memory 3 is way to long, there was no necessity of making the ship travel so long. The pacing of the story is very slow and you'll probably get bored in some part of the story. Making board games as part of 100% synchronization, it's awful! Nobody wants board games obligatory. The game is "in parts" you have to buy 1 DLC (Hidden Secrets) to have the full game. Horse Riding, is horrible and in the frontier worst; Red Dead Redemption succeeded to make and incredible horse riding, why can't this game?. One of the most bugged games I have seen, why couldn't they delay the game to make it without any bugs or glitches or leave it with just a few?. The AnvilNext Engine, it was overwhelming for the game in some moments, like now there's a lot of people in the city, but they disappear mysteriously while they're walking (I mean, what?). Stealth, it is totally gone, you kill a guard and the whole city knows it. There's no background music while you're not currently in a mission, and you're just playing for fun, and it helps getting you bored.
    (+ New Segment) Middle Points:
    Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor), I can't say if he is either a good or bad point, because he is so complex and it is up to you to tell if he is a good or bad character. But before, I most tell you something: Ratonhnhaké:ton had the worst imaginable life and I can't say much more without spoiling you anything; before you judge him you most know that people who get that trauma turn to be really bad people. HomeStead Crafting and sending caravans, I don't know if you're going to like it, but for me it was an easier and most interactive way of winning money and trading things than previous Assassin's Creed Games. The Ending, I can't explain how is it a middle point without spoiling, just know that there's a 50 that you like it and 50 you don't. Synchronization ranks; now is more than 1 synchronization objective, so it's sometimes frustrating and sometimes a nice challenge. Simplified Gameplay, now the game has simplified the buttons and for expert AC gamers is boring at times, though if you're a newcomer you'll probably have a great time.
    (+ New Segment) Personal opinion:
    I think this game was awesome, but had flaws like Ratonhnhaké:ton smiling 3 or 4 times in the game, or the game being so slow. The Ending was very shocking for me and I didn't know how to deal with it. Gameplay mechanics we're simplified and that I didn't like.
    Final Score:
    Assassin's Creed III is the biggest, ambitious and inmersive AC game, telling an interesting story and adding some cool things. However, the game didn't fully completed it's ideas and somethings we're changed way too much. The Graphics, design, story are beautiful.
    Average Score: 8.2
  5. Jan 26, 2013
    Easily the game of the year, "Assassin's Creed 3" is a exciting, emotional roller-coaster of a game. The setting and storyline are compelling and the new main character, Conner, has a character arc that equals that of his predecessor in this series, the much-beloved Ezio. The gameplay is top-notch as well, with streamlined combat and free-running. Also, the naval combat (which was theEasily the game of the year, "Assassin's Creed 3" is a exciting, emotional roller-coaster of a game. The setting and storyline are compelling and the new main character, Conner, has a character arc that equals that of his predecessor in this series, the much-beloved Ezio. The gameplay is top-notch as well, with streamlined combat and free-running. Also, the naval combat (which was the element of I was most skeptical when reading about the game) is amazingly fun. Seriously, they could do an entire DLC of just naval mission and I would be happy.

The only things that stop this amazing game from receiving a 9 or 10 from me is the side games, economy, and rewards. In many of the places you go there is the option to play a board game with someone. These games are obscure, boring, and ultimately pointless as they don't really add much to the overall experience. The crafting and selling of goods is terribly cumbersome and takes far too long to get even one trading caravan on the road (a menu redesign for this element is all it would take for the next AC - the idea behind it is solid). The big problem I have with this game, however, is the fact that you have to subscribe to Uplay in order to get the extras that are promised in-game. I don't have a problem with wanting to make some extra money and all, but if you have a slot for Conner to have a new outfit in the $60 package I've paid for, shouldn't the outfit or weapon that goes there be unlockable in that package? I found that aspect to be the most troublesome of all.

These quibbles detract only slightly from the game, however. Assassin's Creed 3 is the game I hoped it would be and I look forward to seeing Conner take part in other events in American history. The war of 1812, perhaps?
  6. Dec 16, 2012
    AC III is a controversial game. It's obvious that it will be percieved through the prism of latest games in the series. The Revolutionary War feels epic but the new protagonist in the middle of it is more likely catalyst of action, rather than main revolutionist of the plot. Just like Altair, to be fair, during The Third Crusade. Connor, new assassin, is not quite dull as it seems. He is aAC III is a controversial game. It's obvious that it will be percieved through the prism of latest games in the series. The Revolutionary War feels epic but the new protagonist in the middle of it is more likely catalyst of action, rather than main revolutionist of the plot. Just like Altair, to be fair, during The Third Crusade. Connor, new assassin, is not quite dull as it seems. He is a pride Mohawk, weighing every word. At the end of the game he is 18-19. Ezio was at the 19 when he became an assassin. Altair was 24. Maybe Connor isn Expand
  7. Feb 18, 2013
    Bottom Line: Given the amount of options and exploration, there are many ways to both love and loathe Assassins Creed 3. The good news is with so much variety, a player can craft the perfect story that provides the best game play experience.

Assassins Creed 3 is a fun game. The game is not afraid to explore the darker side of the American Revolution. There is a lot to do in the adventure sandbox world of Assassins Creed 3 because the sandbox is littered with thousands of mini-games like hunting game, liberating areas from Templar control, securing trade routes, searching for treasure, etc., etc. The game also includes a new feature that adds an additional dimension of gameplay. This new feature is captaining your own frigate battleship. This additional gameplay mechanic allows players the ability to engage in naval battles against the British red coats. However, given all these options, there is a certain amount of monotony that accompanies these mini-games. The only real reward is money or the ability to make more money. Perhaps a better incentive would be unlocking new missions and content after mastering a mini-game. Until then I am going to avoid the activities that I find tedious. A part of me feels that the developers of Assassins Creed are ashamed of the game’s core mechanics, which are the assassinations of high profile target. So they make numerous mini-games to appease their unwarranted feelings of embarrassment. Don’t be embarrassed Assassins Creed; the assassinations are the best part and at least the story is compelling. In Assassin Creed 3 we get to explore colonial America through the lens of Connor who is the protagonist of this game. For what it is worth Connor is an amazingly compelling character because of his development throughout the game, but I couldn't help but hate him to for all the whining that he does. In addition there are so many moments where Connor fights with the idea of being an assassin and even believes he doesn't need to kill Templars to accomplish his objective. He will soon find that showing mercy is a terrible trait to have for an assassin.
  8. Feb 19, 2013
    The story would have been almost perfect had Ubisoft not jumped through the story so fast, I enjoyed the new assassin Connor with the new features such as better firearms, cover, and weapons but I must admit, there were a few plot-holes that made me a little disappointment, nevertheless it made a good ending to the Assassin's Creed game series
  9. Mar 25, 2013
    Not a fan boy of the AC series as this is the first game I have played in the series. I will definatly be getting some of the older titles off the back of this one. As such my review is purely based on my experience of this game and not how it compares to the previous. I loved it. Graffics are cutscenes are great. So much to do apart from the main storyline. Battle system is wonderful.Not a fan boy of the AC series as this is the first game I have played in the series. I will definatly be getting some of the older titles off the back of this one. As such my review is purely based on my experience of this game and not how it compares to the previous. I loved it. Graffics are cutscenes are great. So much to do apart from the main storyline. Battle system is wonderful. Only real issue if you can called it that is that it is far to easy to make money and nothing really to spend it on. Expand
  10. Nov 20, 2012
    Great game, BUT.....
    First of all the game have some fantastic scenarios and the fact that you can climb trees, hunt beers and what have you, is very entertaining.
    The rest of the game is as you would expect from Ubi-soft, except for all the bugs and there's A LOT of bugs. I thought AC:R was bad but this takes the ticket. First of all the mouth of the people in the cutscenes in the
    Great game, BUT.....
    I thought AC:R was bad but this takes the ticket.
    First of all the mouth of the people in the cutscenes in the beginning of the game wasn't even moving. The horses looks horrible compared to earlier games and they move in mysterious ways.
    This might seem like small things but it's just so.....1995, and it ticks me off, hence dragging the whole experience down.
    With that said, it is AC after all, and it does give me the AC feeling, the AC challenges and the AC experience, so I will go for the platinum even for this game, I just think Ubi-soft would be better off if they had held for a couple of months more.
  11. Nov 11, 2012
    I used to be one of those people who used the Metacritic site to find out whether I should consider buying a game or not. But it seems that's not reliable at all anymore, and the site's been overrun by trolls. Sure, the game has some strange bugs and glitches (like Achilles multiplying in his house, and me walking into the room finding about 30 Achilleses saying hello (or whatever he says)I used to be one of those people who used the Metacritic site to find out whether I should consider buying a game or not. But it seems that's not reliable at all anymore, and the site's been overrun by trolls. Sure, the game has some strange bugs and glitches (like Achilles multiplying in his house, and me walking into the room finding about 30 Achilleses saying hello (or whatever he says) in union, or commands suddenly not working, making it impossible to get the kill unless you reload to the last checkpoint, or riding on horseback till your horse gets stuck forcing you to abandon it), but I still really enjoy this game.There are open areas to explore, and hunt in, there are missions at sea where you have to commandeer a ship, there's a decent amount of sidequests in comparison to the length of the main storyline, the "special" climbing Ezio did in AC2 (he had to learn it from that thief-chick) is in this game aswell, but he does it automatically now, riding through town on horseback knocking people down is now their fault being in the way of the horse, running into people doesn't make you fall over all annoyingly like it did in 2, and the game just looks as awesome as always, so all in all, fun ! If I were to name a downside.it's too bad the maps aren't a bit bigger, especially the Frontier area. Expand
  12. Nov 5, 2012
    AC3...is a great game. It is a bit slow but that shouldn't be a fault. The twist at the beginning and giving the character depth isn't something that should be frowned upon. That being said the gameplay is very slick. Performing multiple assassinations, while moving nonetheless, feels great. Running and jumping through the cities, and the trees, feels great. The hunting is fun and, in myAC3...is a great game. It is a bit slow but that shouldn't be a fault. The twist at the beginning and giving the character depth isn't something that should be frowned upon. That being said the gameplay is very slick. Performing multiple assassinations, while moving nonetheless, feels great. Running and jumping through the cities, and the trees, feels great. The hunting is fun and, in my opinion, better then Read Dead Redemption. The combat is actually somewhat challenging, enemies won't wait to attack and you cannot heal during a fight, Notoriety has been improved with each level being harder then the last, compared to the other AC games where if you were notorious all they would do is look then come over. Essentially what I am saying is this is a very good game and I don't understand why the score isn't in the 90's. Expand
  13. Jan 1, 2013
    This is one of the games which i've been looking forward to for like the entire year. AC 3 came back to what made AC 2 as good as it was, the major storyline was very refreshing since it was not set in Italy but the entire indian thing did not exacly work for my. The main protagonist Connor lacks most of the epicness which Ezio had in the previous parts of AC. Where I think people mightThis is one of the games which i've been looking forward to for like the entire year. AC 3 came back to what made AC 2 as good as it was, the major storyline was very refreshing since it was not set in Italy but the entire indian thing did not exacly work for my. The main protagonist Connor lacks most of the epicness which Ezio had in the previous parts of AC. Where I think people might want to be Ezio, they probably were annoyed by certain things Connor does. But there were also a lot of stronger points in AC 3. I liked the graphics and the environment pretty much and the brand new animals in the game. Than there is mister Kenway who made the start of the game rather confusing for me because I expected to play Connor. It ended up that Haytham Kenway was like the character i'd wanted to play in stead of Connor, he makes the player doubt the assassins and he shows what the templars are. Even though the game wasn't as good as i expected it would be, it still was a pretty decent game. I might recommend to most of my friends who'd like AC but the epicness is mostly putten away by Connor. Expand
  14. Jan 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game, but its without a doubt, the worst in the series. As a stand alone game, it feels more like a GTA sandbox than an AC one, with a protagonist of grayish morality that works with many factions (Assassins, Templars, British, Patriots), without developing a significant bond with any of them, each one represented by a set of quirky or interesting NPC that give you an errand, even the "traitor figure", the one that is friendly at first, introduces you to the world, betrays you and is confronted in the end (Dimitry, Gary, etc), can be seen in Charles Lee. To this, one must add the more horizontal focus on the game and the fact that the horse is your main transportation method. ENVIROMENT and SETTING: the colonial period as a setting is a bad choice, since firearms have been introduced in previous games, the time period brings nothing new, the architecture is the same in both Boston and New York, specially when it comes to viewpoints as they are the same goddamn church, and the only variation is the mast in beacon hill. The frontier can feel claustrophobic and slow at times specially during winter, since you are surrounded by vertical elements that you cant always climb. There are places that look gorgeous, like the fields of New York, but the game doesnt encourage their exploration, they are dead space. Even as a history element, it could be argued that Desmond and company must search in america because they are pinned there, but they seem to change locations with ease.
    MAP: the map has its problems, as certain mission only show up when discovered, and it is difficult to distinguish an explored place from an unexplored one. COMBAT: The main innovation is regenerative health and the different strategies for different enemies, however health only goes up outside of combat, and most enemies can only be attacked in one way, leaving no room for variation of combos. WEAPONS: Unlike previous AC games, most weapons are unlocked since the begining for you to buy, in the end you realize that the best weapons are acquired early on, and are even cheaper than most of them. Your FISTS are FREE and are EQUALLY EFFECTIVE. STEALTH: The AC franchise is known for the ability to blend in the crowd, but in this installment all the variety introduced in the last 3 games seems pointless, when your are chased by guards and decide to hide in a bench, well, or haystack, one will always stay behind and search your hiding spot, eventually finding you if you dont kill him, and if you do the others might see you, thus making it more effective to just kill them all in place. You can cross through whole buildings to evade platoons, but chances are there is another one on the other side, and such places require you to stop and look for them. You can pass near "Vigilantes" to stop them, but they are few and far in between. Only one NPC is required to blend. The detection rate has gone up so climbing rooftops can be hard withouth alerting the whole city. SHOPS: Since AC 2 there have been plenty of different shops each with its own merchandise, however in AC3, they all share the same inventory, and have to be discovered by entering them, all the shops in the world are basically one. SIDE-MISSIONS: These are the core gameplay of a free roaming game, and its where AC3 fails hard, as they interconect and the pacing of their introduction render some pointless, mainly due to relying on the crafting system which really only progresses with the story, for example Almanacs must be chased after, normally with a conga line of red arrows, collecting them unlocks RECIPES with high requirements and when you craft them they are DECORATIVE INVENTIONS, that you cant use in any way. Overall, the unlocks consist in outfits, but most of them dont carry the Assassin theme. In summary it feels that they build the game around the crafting, hunting and naval mission systems, rewarding you with the activity itself rather than a final prize. STORY: This game learned nothing from its predecesor, having instead 3 protagonists, the intro confuses more than anything and only shows how little development Desmond has, his sections are walking from one cutscene to another, where the delivery come from an obviously evil "ghost"?, they made the terrible mistake of using a character from a tie-in comic as a pivotal one, mr Cross, whose appearence is sudden and everyone seems to know him, and a lil' wiki check on him only comes up with better material for possible games. Haytham and Connor's history is disjointed and shallow in importance, the first one isn't the antagonist, an exists solely for a plot twist in the begining and to reinforce the templar/assassin dichotomy, as for the latter, he shifts both his alliance and his hatred of his situation so much that he just seems hateful for no reason.
  15. Feb 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give Assassin's Creed III a 10 out of 10 review because, not only did it have and epic open world setting but the campaign was longer then the other Assassin's Creed games and it had an epic twist in the original story. I also thought that the combat was fantastic because not only did Ubisoft choose to make Connor a Dual Wielder but they added some great cinematic combats too. Finally I think that the new Multiplayer modes were Incredible! Expand
  16. Apr 5, 2013
    Excellent game. The first AC game I actually enjoyed. I loved the old colonial Boston and New York. as well as the frontier. Overall it is a great open-world game.
  17. Nov 25, 2012
    This title is my Game of the Year. While a few bugs do exist, they were expected knowing that this is a brand new engine. However, none of the glitches are "game-breaking" which is definitely good news. Quite frankly, there is so much to do with this title, it's bound to keep you busy for weeks, if not months. Graphics are gorgeous. Controls work well. And running around inThis title is my Game of the Year. While a few bugs do exist, they were expected knowing that this is a brand new engine. However, none of the glitches are "game-breaking" which is definitely good news. Quite frankly, there is so much to do with this title, it's bound to keep you busy for weeks, if not months. Graphics are gorgeous. Controls work well. And running around in Revolutionary America is a whole lot of fun. You cannot go wrong with this game. Expand
  18. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I wanted to write a short review, but there's too much to say about AC3. There must be said that it was one of the most hyped games of the year, so the expectations were high, leading some to disappointment. There must be said that Ubisoft took chances introducing new characters and gameplay mechanics in a well stated franchise. And, above all, it must be said that people don't know what they want. If a game is pretty much the same than its predecessor, people complain saing that the developer lacks ideas and only want to milk the gamers. If the game differs too much, people complain as well stating that they sacrificed the good points in the previous game and replaced it with bad points.
    That said, I must say that, indeed, AC3 was a bit disappointing, but it doesn't fail to deliver a fun gameplay, engaging story, sweet graphics and an overall really great experience. The game starts slow. This is a point that, for some, may drag down the experience of the game as a whole. But that slow start server to the purpose of introducing the story. You'd be lost if weren't for the first "slow" hours of the game. You're introduced to the new gameplay features in the first hours too. So, you can't skip it.
    As the story develops, you come across several sidequest, as in the previous titles. In the city, among the woods, farms, etc. The addition of the naval missions was the highest point in the game, in my opinion. It works so well and it is so fun and smooth you can't stop playing. They almost reached perfection simulating sails and stuff. The game is smooth like butter when you're exploring the woods. Climbing the trees, hiding in bushes, hunting, everything works just fine. I don't know about other players, but I found the gameplay in the cities very glitchy. The parkour is sometimes confusing and you end up climbing or jumping in places you don't want to. This is serious, once almost the entire game is based in parkour. I failed several missions because of a failed jump or a ledge. I don't even have to mention riding a horse in the cities. Not only in the cities, actually. It's painful. The horse just get stuck for no reason, and controling it can be a pain. Plus, there's the guards sometimes starting to chase you for no apparent reason, even when you are incognito. Besides, there are moments when animals or people get stuck in trees or walls. It's kind of funny a AAA game such as Assassin's Creed shouldn't have such silly glitches.The combat has changed a little from the previous titles. There's now a counter button, when an enemy attacks you. But it seems sloppy, because Connor hits the air so many times I can't count, but still the enemy is damaged. It's an aesthetic glitch, and I don't like it.
    About the graphics, there's nothing to complain. Is simply amazing. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. As I said, the framerate in the woods is smooth. In the city, there's occasional drops and screen tearing, specially in the pursuits.
    Now, the disappointing part. The Assassin's Creed series got me so engaged because of its complex story, involving history, religion, apocalypse, and so many other interesting things mixed up together. AC3 was supposed to be the climax of the story built upon the 4 previous titles, closing it up in a unbelievable way. Well, in fact, the ending wasn't what I expected, and it isn't a good thing. They put too little effort closing the story and (BEWARE OF THE SPOILER) just killed everyone. I think with myself that this was the inevitable way that the story would end. The first civilization, with all their powers and resources did not prevent the world from "ending", who would say the humans would do. But it seems like the effort from the assassins throughout the games were pointless. I say it again, I don't think that prevent the end of the world was possible, but I expected something far more dramatic and elaborate, just like the whole series.
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a kickass game, and as a fan, I can assure it's a great game. But the glitches prevent you of enjoying the game in full. The ending is not so bad in my opinion, but could've been better. Perhaps Ubisoft will release patches fixing the glitches in the next weeks or months. When it happens, the game take a 10 from me. Right now, it's a 9.
  19. Nov 1, 2012
    Let me start of by saying Assassins Creed II was one of my favorite games because it was such a step forward from Assassins Creed 1. . I Hated brotherhood and revolution because i felt like they where the same game. And they didnt change much at all compared to AC2. I was worried that this might happen for AC3. Apsolutely not.! the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is amazing and they areLet me start of by saying Assassins Creed II was one of my favorite games because it was such a step forward from Assassins Creed 1. . I Hated brotherhood and revolution because i felt like they where the same game. And they didnt change much at all compared to AC2. I was worried that this might happen for AC3. Apsolutely not.! the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is amazing and they are after changing alot of things about this game. i would mark it a 10 but i find one thing wrong with this game. it sometimes lags a bit ! but other than that. Perfect Collapse
  20. Oct 31, 2012
    Just reviewing these reviews..I can't believe there's a negative review @ all..I mean to each is own, but to say this game isn't creative brilliance is just ridiculous..If u are a fan of AC series, then you'll be happy to know, that it has everything you love about it, times 10!!!!...I'm not going to spoil it for anybody, but with the size of the game and the wealth of content, itsJust reviewing these reviews..I can't believe there's a negative review @ all..I mean to each is own, but to say this game isn't creative brilliance is just ridiculous..If u are a fan of AC series, then you'll be happy to know, that it has everything you love about it, times 10!!!!...I'm not going to spoil it for anybody, but with the size of the game and the wealth of content, its probably the best bargain in video games this year..AC games are meant to be played patient and methodical, just as their protagonists are...so if you're not playing the game the way it was created, then its an injustice to the franchise...Great game in every facet Expand
  21. Oct 31, 2012
    I'm about to laugh at all the negative reviewers because I think they just need to calm down. The introduction of the game is about 2 hours and yes it "forces" you through a lot of stuff, but AC3 wasn't designed for idiots with no patience. AC3 is for those die-hard fans who love the plot, and so these 2 hours are putting you through plot that you MUST endure if you have followed the storyI'm about to laugh at all the negative reviewers because I think they just need to calm down. The introduction of the game is about 2 hours and yes it "forces" you through a lot of stuff, but AC3 wasn't designed for idiots with no patience. AC3 is for those die-hard fans who love the plot, and so these 2 hours are putting you through plot that you MUST endure if you have followed the story previously. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED THE OTHERS. And if you're impatient and lazy and stupid then just don't bother. You will love the graphics and gameplay because the devs have put blood sweat and tears into those domains, but the game is mostly for the plot and the love. It's deep and will keep getting deeper. AC 4 LYFE!!! Expand
  22. Oct 31, 2012
    I'm going to give it a 9 out of 10 just to let you know this game is awesome! i love the AC games and to me this is the best so far....so if your looking for a fun and awesome game get Assassin's creed 3
  23. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is amazing from the start I could see that this was Ubisofts most innovative and daring Assassins Creed game yet, and it paid off. There were many things in this game that should be commended such as the great new combat system and the new open frontier area that opens up so many possibilities and introduced along with it the "fun" ability to climb trees. Amazing story, greatThis game is amazing from the start I could see that this was Ubisofts most innovative and daring Assassins Creed game yet, and it paid off. There were many things in this game that should be commended such as the great new combat system and the new open frontier area that opens up so many possibilities and introduced along with it the "fun" ability to climb trees. Amazing story, great gameplay and awesome characters all together make the best Assassins' Creed game to date. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    Take what has made the series great so far, and give it a face lift, then tweak the combat. Toss in a killer multi-player, and sprinkle in some good story points and you have this game. Its not without faults. I have had a few visual glitches with the environmental as well as a main character talking in a cut scene without there lips moving. But over all, the combat is what shines thru.Take what has made the series great so far, and give it a face lift, then tweak the combat. Toss in a killer multi-player, and sprinkle in some good story points and you have this game. Its not without faults. I have had a few visual glitches with the environmental as well as a main character talking in a cut scene without there lips moving. But over all, the combat is what shines thru. The enhancements to the flow just feel right. I so far have greatly enjoyed this game and would recommend even if you have skipped a few or not played any at all. Expand
  25. Nov 27, 2012
    This game is absolutely AMAZING!!! After the second game, assassin's creed kind of went downhill but now its right back on course. I wasn't particularly impressed with brotherhood and revelations but this time I got that fresh feeling I got when I played ACII for the first time. The graphics are awesome and there is so much to do. So many side quests. I also found the story better than theThis game is absolutely AMAZING!!! After the second game, assassin's creed kind of went downhill but now its right back on course. I wasn't particularly impressed with brotherhood and revelations but this time I got that fresh feeling I got when I played ACII for the first time. The graphics are awesome and there is so much to do. So many side quests. I also found the story better than the previous games. Connor is the best protagonist yet with a sense of honor and his story threads are very thoroughly explored. All in all, Assassin's creed III is the best assassin'screed yet and definitely (in my opinion) the best game of 2012. It is a must buy for any TRUE assassin's creed fan Expand
  26. Nov 6, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3 is the best game I've ever played in my whole entire life. That's all I really have to say about this title. You can see details from other reviews.
  27. Nov 12, 2012
    It takes a little while to get into (the story doesn't really "start" until you're halfway through, which is a little odd I admit). But once Connor's story starts rolling, and the game is finally opened up, boy is it great. It's easily (very easily) the best AC yet.

I've heard some people say they don't like Connor which baffles me. Sure he is a little one-note, but the guy epitomizes courage and an unwavering determination. The difference between him potentially dying, and doing the right the thing, doesn't exist. If something needs to be done, he's going to do it any way he can. I suppose that isn't really a unique trait in a video game hero, but because this story is so steeped in history it dawns on you that a guy not unlike this probably did exist.

Branching off that, the biggest draw for me is the story (and always has been with the AC series). It's wonderful. The overarching story is great, and how it connects and parallels the modern day Desmond story is really very clever. I wish I could put this into my own words but GameInformer managed to say exactly how I felt about the main story as it's truly one of the best I've played in any game. "The storytelling that weaves through these many threads is stellar. Rather than hiding from the complex themes of freedom versus control at the heart of the series, Assassin
  28. Nov 1, 2012

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.