6.9

1. Jul 23, 2013
    Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, but a score less than 8 is a complete joke, It is hate, whether it be towards AC for being succesful with yearly releases like they hate COD for or they are anti America and simply hate the game for its American setting and pro American story.
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming
    generation and in my honest opinion, the best.
    A must have.
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is disappointing. I think I'll list why from combat to the parkour system.

Combat: 7/10
    The combat system is quite developed and it's not half bad. Although there are a couple things I have a problem with, such as why it takes so long to kill the enemy? I mean come on, the older Assassin's Creed games' enemies were so much faster to kill and they wore armor(except those Jannessaries) while the enemies in AC3 don't even have something to protect their kneecap and it takes so many knife swipes to die. Besides that, every time I run away from the fight there will be more guards after me. I don't want more enemies for me to be followed by, that's the entire point on why I'm running away. Also, the health system sucks! I die a lot more in AC3 than any other AC game. It's not because I suck, it's just the way the health bar is done. It's supposed to be regenerating, but I'd rather just stick to the medicine and synchronization bars. Technically they were more like health anyway, but the point here is that the regenerating health in AC3 is too slow or just plainly sucks. Now while you won't randomly kill an innocent bystander anymore by accident, thank goodness they still die mostly because they can be pushed in the water, but you can't start fights anymore.

Parkour: 8/10
    The better part of this game is mostly the parkour, but even that has problems. Although it's a bliss I only have to hold down one button, it feels like Conner isn't very responsive to my commands as the player. "You can make that jump, Conner." Is what I would think when he doesn't jump towards a nearby building which he CAN reach. Even if he didn't there should be a grasp button and...oh that's right there isn't one. Anyway, sometimes he would climb up walls or fall off of rooftops when you din't want to. Might as well change the controls back to the old ones, Altair or Ezio was never a problem while parkouring. Maybe it's because two buttons would allow them to jump or climb while one would cause many problems in AC3. Although, it isn't character-wise, it's just control-wise. If Ezio or Altair had these type of controls, it would be annoying as much as it is in AC3. "Conner, I don't want you to jump up a building."

Hunting: 6/10
    I honestly never cared for these things mainly because the animals are so easy to kill, even the aggressive ones. I had better fun killing animals in Skyrim than in AC3. Anyway, I bought a pistol to hunt some animals, and it handled the same way as my old pistol, but apparently it damaged the pelt. I don't think it would he damaged, maybe if Conner just skinned away most of what is fine and what is not? Common sense people. Anyway, the hunting is only fun when the animals run away and you do give chase, but honestly it's a bit boring and/or frustrating after a while.

Stealth: 6/10
    You kidding me? There's a stealth system? It feels almost nonexistent because of how much of a sore thumb Connor sticks out like from almost every hiding spot. Now while there are a couple of hiding areas that feel like he truly is hidden, hiding areas like the large plants on the ground feel like they ignore his clothing color clashes with that of...everything around him.

Naval Missions: 9/10
    Another good part of the game. Although I didn't get into the missions because I'm not a naval warefare type person, the missions were fun and well done.

Storyline: 9/10
    The storyline was pretty well-done, bringing characters we would actually care about and some pretty good character and story development. Yet the ending wasn't so great, Desmond's friends just stood there without a word as Desmond is going to sacrifice himself for the rest of the entire planet. "Ok, it was a good run, Desmond, but you go die and we'll go live the rest of our live in peace. See ya!"

Side-missions: 5/10
    Nothing very new, but they were done in a different way which made them well, but they feel like I just wasted ten minutes of my life doing one stupid thing.

Graphics: 5/10
    It's still nothing new nor old.

Weapons: 6/10
    The weapons all feel the same to me, they also feel clunky and big for every character's hands. No matter how advanced and different the description says the weapons is, it still runs the same way as my last sword.
  3. Aug 10, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3! I am a big fan of the AC series, but this...I was blown and surprised for the FIFTH time! Ubisoft did another great game and this time it was their master piece.

In AC3 you play as Connor, an entirely new assassin. He is born in a Native American village where you start off as a kid. You learn how to track, hide, hunt, climb and many more. After being threatened by
    Charls Lee, you swear that you will find him and kill him.
    The game does a great job of introducing you to the characters. You quickly get attached to Connor as you play trough the story. Your heart will constantly be going crazy while exploring or just watching the cutscenes.

The controls of the game are very nice and smooth. You can quickly switch between targets in a fight which make combat that much dynamic and brutal. The new tree climbing is simply one of the best things in the game. You will find yourself jumping from tree to tree, hang people with your rope dart and fight many enemies while at the same time avoiding being shot. The dynamic fights will make you want to love this game even more! The way animations work is stunning.
    2-3 enemies at a time can attack you at the same time and you will often find your self doing really bada*s moves to counter them in cool ways that feel so natural. You can quickly switch from enemy to enemy with flick of an analog stick. You can counter one enemy while fighting another and the coolest part is that you can quickly change to the weapon you want kill the target with that weapon when you counter them.
    While combat is great and fun, climbing is improved SO MUCH that you will never want to see a horse in your entire time playing, except maybe when chasing people. It feels so natural that you feel like you can do this even in real life. Climbing trees and rocks will change your AC gaming experience so much that you wouldn't ever want to move away from this game.

The game also has ships in it. That's right...SHIPS! The way they've made their new engine work is very good. The water, wind, battles all those things are incredibly well done. It feels realistic and you can really feel like a sailor. The physics in the game are great. Being able to command and improve your own ship is an aspect of the game the polishes it.

Besides some glitches here and there with the lipsynching, posters sinking into the walls (these have happened only once in the 30 hours I've played) and somewhat boring side missions although they can be really fun at times, the game is just beautiful. Parkour, assassination, hunting, board games, well done cutscenes, different languages, great voice acting, great graphics, amazing story line, likeable characters, trading, sailing, fort infiltrating and many more.

My final score is 9/10 just because of those side missions. They had to work a little bit more on those. In previous games the side missions were very fun and a good way to have nice laugh, but here you will find yourself carrying some sick people to a doctor, defending farmers or simply beating up some bullies. There are of course things to collect which makes you explore even more the big world of AC3. But please somebody beat up the idiot that thought of putting in such a bad picklocking mechanic.

This is by far the best Assassin's Creed game yet. Let's hope Ubisoft can keep that up.
  4. Aug 19, 2013
    AC3 is by far the biggest disappointment I've ever bought for my PS3. I LOVE this series, and I loved the first and second AC. They had everything a game should have; great story, great gameplay and original ideas. But this game took all of it away in one big swoop.
    I've tried three times now to play this game trough. But I simply can't! Every time I try I get this feeling, which can best
    be described as that of a rabid dog slowly and painstakingly chewing my leg of. Why does the controls work so bad? Why is there so MANY cut scenes? Why is the story so banal and bad? Why did they even publish this game?
    My advice for anyone is to never buy this game, and pray that the fourth game will be at least somewhat acceptable! (NB! I seriously doubt that I'll buy AC4, but I feel so emotionally obligated *ripping of my hair with a sad face*)
  5. Sep 28, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed III" en mi opinión el mejor de la franquicia; es porque ésta vez todo es totalmente mejorado: los gráficos, la historia, las ciudades, los personajes son más interesantes y demás. Sería un juego perfecto, pero solo le resté un punto por su final, si bien no es malo, es de todas maneras muy insatisfactorio.
  6. Oct 2, 2013
    I'll keep it simple. This game has ended the franchise for me. Played them all and only sold Revelations because it was quite pointless. This one is as low as it can get for fans who hope to actually play a game centered on assassinations. The first AC is miles better than this. Keep in mind that the series creator as long been fired by Ubisoft. Surprise, surprise. Keep your pirates, the milking has to stop. Expand
  7. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been playing the Assassin's Creed games from the beginning and I'd have to say this one is probably my favorite. I've loved the whole idea behind the AC series and I've really enjoyed the story line. It probably helps that I'm somewhat of a history fan, so being able to virtually walk around New England during the Revolutionary war time is pretty freaking sweet. Also, being a ship captain is one of the most fun parts of the game as well. I'm one of those gamers that will stop and read all of the info pop-ups that appear when you're near a historical site in the game. I guess I'm just nerdy like that. Expand
  8. Oct 26, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III doesn't exceed all my expectations, but it's a no-brainer that it is a deep experience. It's distinctly a visual marvel with the excellent design and beautiful environments, making the exploration a joy and immersive. It improves on combat; taking down enemies with a long variety of weapons, especially with the sweet tomahawk. it's rewarding. And it makes for a good challenge of using strategy to defeat heavy enemies.
    Parkour feels realistic with the countless of animations added to the character's movements and wandering around trees is an unique pleasure. And, I heard a lot of people saying that climbing was degraded, but that's not the case, because it's fluid and fun.
    Also, adding to the experience is the addicting multiplayer. It's unique, upgraded and a powerful addition to the game, raising up the score. Manhunt is the new mode that requires teamwork instead of selfishness.
    However, the flaws lower the score dramatically. Disappointingly, the stealth mechanics aren't up to par, because of the frustrating enemy AI detecting the player immediately. It's a shame, because rather than feeling like an assassin, you just feel like nothing special.
    Technical issues are almost everywhere in this game, considering how huge this game is. It constantly looses it's great imerrsivness values because of that.
    Focusing on story, I feel that the ending wasn't a nice conclusion and that Connor is a bore to listen to. But, fortunately, the story is well-written and decent.
    What I find average is the naval battles. While cinematic and epic, I don't find them enjoyable enough. But, if they improve the controls of it, make it more challenging and if they add exploration, I would be more than satisfied.
    Assassin's Creed III is a flawed, but deep experience that dares to put many different elements in one game. While no way revolutionary, it's great. (Final Score: 8.40)
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    I got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In all another good assassins creed game much needed after the disaster of revelations> if you want to see a bad assassins creed game, just look at revelations. Expand
  10. Nov 19, 2013
    The game itself is addicting for it's multiplayer and it's campaign, this game much resembles more on killing sprees actually, and the campaign became a large good bloody effort. But overall, the game is much more on killing then stealth where Connor has more abilities and tools to assassinate.
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    I'm an Assassin's Creed fan and I like very much AC2 and its story line, but this one is boring. The only one cool feature in this game is the ocean battles which it's pretty awesome.
  12. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with
    the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  13. Nov 18, 2013
    Main character is a @#$%^*bag. Can't stand him. He's pretentious, snobby, and with zero substance. Every time he speaks, which is very often as there are too many cutscenes, I roll my eyes. Afraid they might stick that way. Taking back to store.
  14. Nov 20, 2013
    Que decir de unas de las decepciones mas grandes de mi vida, lo anunciaron por todos sitios, publicidad y mas publicidad, para indicar lo que seria el mejor juego de la saga, hoy puedo decir que es de largo peor que el Assassins Creed 2, con eso es suficiente como para saber que Ubisoft se ha cargado una saga, es mas de lo mismo pero peor, repetitivo, sin sentido y absurdo, solo le salva los graficos y el doblaje, por lo demás, es un juego mas. No lo recomiendo, me gaste 100 euros en la edicion especial y la he vendido, si, ¿porque? Porque es una verguenza como me han engañado, me he sentido estafado, ultrajado, jamás volvere a comprar un Assassins. Expand
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    It is an okay game I guess but to me it was a real let down for the Assassin's Creed series. The game play was similar to the last game, the graphics were a little more updated, the story had an interesting twist to it, there were some more weapons added to the game, and it had new features. So why was the not as good? To sum it up in one word, Connor. It is, to me, his personality that makes the game not as fun, he is like the always serious character where that cuts down on some of the fun of watching cut scenes, and I find it harder to understand him, to say it plainly he's not the Ezio Auditore we all know and love. Expand
  16. Jan 27, 2014
    This assassins creed has disappointed me a lot, Connor is a character hasn´t have personality, he doesn´t know why he fight. The beginning of the game is slow, the first 4-5 hours are very boring. The game submit much graphical errors, like weapons in levitation, characters that appear suddenly. The combat system has been improved respect over previous releases but yet is still below other games like batman arkhan. The gameplay follows the patters of previous deliveries, but have errors, like getting stuck between tress that at times maddening. The story is very poor and how the story end, don´t like all.

good thinks in the game: ship battles, are fun but lack depth.

Only I recommend the game, diehard fans of assassins credd.
  17. May 11, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno sin duda los que digan que es malo se equivocan es bueno destaca en todo pero no tanto como los otros assassins creed y se retoma lo mejor que caracterizo la saga aparte de la historia
  18. May 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. sure its a big game sure its a nice looking game but does that make it a good game hell no to me this almost made this not want to touch black flag with a ten foot pole thankfully i did and it restored my faith in this much beloved series but this pile of crap is short the city's look bland and conner might just be the worst character ever at the start i hated the Templars for burning down his village and all but by the end of the campaign i felt sorry for them it seemed like they were trying to make the world a better place for once in the end waste of time and money Expand
  19. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here it is- the reason that we play Assassin's Creed. The grand end to Desmond's arc and the most advanced entry since II. The Ezio trilogy is finished, after two great, if uninnovative spin offs. Revelations began to show cracks in the once pristine formula of AC, but now that formula has been renewed for more entries from the most popular historic action game in our industry. I just want to add one more thing before I get into the meat of the review- screw you haters. Those who give this game 0s and 1s. Sure, it's buggy, but so is the critically acclaimed Skyrim and I had more problems with that than this (stupid crashes). Lack of innovation? What do you call advanced combat, parkour, crafting, economy... This list goes on. Now that I've ranted, let's talk.

Once again, the story is remarkable. It kicks off with Desmond, who gets a nice slice of content in this game. I was actually looking forward to the present day sections this time around and even if numerous glitches arise throughout his four main adventures, I still loved his greater focus on stealth and the story is nowhere near as confusing as it was in Revelations (first person puzzles are absent thank god!). Over in the Animus, the real action kicks off with Haytham Kenway. The main gameplay mechanics are experienced through him and while his section feels like a 3 hour tutorial, the story telling is remarkable and builds up to a killer final act that ends in a killer twist. Fast forward a few years and we're with Rahok- no I'm not even gonna try pronouncing his name. It's pronounced Rah-ha-doo-n-a-gay-doo and he is the main protagonist. We stick with him for the rest of the game, but the first three hours are spent playing as him in his youth. He later changes his name to the more pronouncable Connor Kenway and embarks on an epic quest to free America and bring justice. So no redemption or revenge themes, but something completely different. NIce! He is a little bland and one dimensional, but this change is welcome after three games with Ezio. The ending on both sides is suitable. Connor has a little bit more resolution to his conclusion, while Desmond leaves us with more questions... but at least they are new!

Gameplay wise, this takes plenty of leaps forward. Stealth is back, with new hiding places, the ability to take cover and plenty of cool takedowns. Combat is more offensive, with attacking placed over defending. Dual Takedowns are spectacular and brutal. Parkour is a whole lot more advanced, with vaulting, crawling and tree climbing introduced to great effect. The brotherhood mechanics are highly refined with multiple useful objects and a highly advanced crafting and trading system will confuse you at first, before making you realise how great this game is. A dynamic weather system, hunting and more variation in environments are three things that help this game to stand out and the graphics are amazing with the Anvil Next Engine. The new Homestead is full of distractions and will suck you in for hours.

Along with the main campaign, there are plenty of collectibles and side missions, with naval gameplay a new feature that will amaze you. It's deep and advanced, the water is lifelike and while you only take to the wheel in missions, there is a sense of freedom to be had. And the action is remarkable! In fact, this is probably the most explosive Assassin's Creed, with plenty of set pieces and great moments. Multiplayer returns as well, with new coop and customisation features that make it a bit more of an attractive feature. It is only natural for assassins to team up...

In the end the game does have plenty of bugs and not even three years of work can cover these. But I didn't have too many problems and the pros far outweighed the cons. This is a brilliant game and one of my favourite games of all time. It also helps that it is the perfect jumping on point for people new to the series, with the new character and recap being great for new fans. If you have any intention of buying ACIII, don't wait- get it immediately!
  20. Jul 17, 2014
    If you played the first assassins creed games do not expect this one to come anywhere close to living up to them. Nothing about this game can be said to live up to the previous games except maybe the graphics. The free-running is bad, they've definitely gone backwards there (riding a horse is even worse, to the point that it's better just to run most of the time even though it takes longer), fighting is boring and never ending if you ever end up fighting guards near areas they're walking (new ones keep showing up, I had the ground in a large circle around me completely covered in guard corpses before I finally just ran away), the characters kind of suck and it feels like the game is more than half cinematics. The only thing they added that was at all positive is the ability to pet random animals which is entertaining for a few seconds at least. In short the game is aggravating and just plain bad but in respect to its predecessors I can't convince myself to stop playing in the hopes that eventually it will get something right. Expand
  21. Aug 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III
    Game-play:It has been improved with more fluid combat and better climbing but there are some glitches that are really annoying,the counter mechanic is very well made and makes the game fun but it also makes the game very easy,the best part of the game is the ship battles which are well made and really fun
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but
    the characters in the game are boring even Connor the only interesting character in the game is Haytham,but the story out side the animus is better than ever
    Graphics:At last we have an improvement at graphics which they are really good
    Notes:The game has a lot of weapons like bow and tomahawk which is fun to play,i like that the game has 2 cities and a big forest it was really fun to play there,most of the side missions are well made and fun,i recommend getting this game worth full price but it is still far from the AC2
  22. Sep 12, 2014
    I liked the first one at the time, very disappointed with the second one while it remains the favorite of a lot of fans, did not expect too much with Assassin's creed III and I was extremely surprised. The game is less repetitive, exploring woods and going at sea feels great, the story is excellent, I loved it.
  23. Sep 20, 2014
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  24. Oct 13, 2014
    Not a bad game, but is a disappointment once more with a weak and pungent story-line. Game-play has improved since Revelations, and the graphics are very appealing, however this game was hyped beyond it's borders.
    6/10 - Ben Hazelden
  25. Oct 19, 2014
    Pursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds and thick fog to hide your attack, liberty is on the line, so unleash your killing power in Assassin's Creed 3. Expand

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.