Assassin's Creed III PlayStation 3

6.9

1. Jan 6, 2013
    Honestly this game should likely be considered a good game, but after AC2 set a high bar, AC 3 just falls flat on its face. The graphics are as sweet as they might get on the PS3 but also glitchy at times. The game is glitchy in many aspects. The camera is shaky and keeps you from seeing you targets, the controls are ofte off and not intelligently placed on the controller (e.g. stopping aHonestly this game should likely be considered a good game, but after AC2 set a high bar, AC 3 just falls flat on its face. The graphics are as sweet as they might get on the PS3 but also glitchy at times. The game is glitchy in many aspects. The camera is shaky and keeps you from seeing you targets, the controls are ofte off and not intelligently placed on the controller (e.g. stopping a slow horse is the same button as spurring a horse that has picked up some speed), the missions are too unevenly balanced - too easy or way too hard - checkpoints are placed badly and the freerunning system that had been the staple of AC is more often than not the more complicated way to get somewhere - you DO NOT EVEN WANT to climb buildings and run around the roofs in some cases. Why would you spoil the trademark of your game?
    As mentioned above the real problem is that this feels like a good game that you would want to play, but the small problems amass and mar your gaming experience, oftentimes leaving you frustrated wanting to punch someone - most likely the programmers at Ubisoft. I get why people would rate it as a good game, but I can't help but wonder if they played a different game when grading it above 80 %.
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    I have very mix feelings about this game. The combat is very similar to Batman's combat system, and it works pretty well, but it feels lazy on the developers part. You attack with one button and counter with another, you can also use human shields which is awesome. The free-running isn't very smooth. Now you only use one button to do everything like climbing and running. This one button toI have very mix feelings about this game. The combat is very similar to Batman's combat system, and it works pretty well, but it feels lazy on the developers part. You attack with one button and counter with another, you can also use human shields which is awesome. The free-running isn't very smooth. Now you only use one button to do everything like climbing and running. This one button to run makes you run up stuff you don't want to quite a bit and if you get too close to stacks of leaves, you'll jump in. Running in the frontier feels great, though. The graphics are fairly good, the textures are absolutely terrible, though. To be honest, the graphics don't push the current generation of gaming consoles at all. The hunting in this game is pretty fun. I enjoy killing the animals with my bare hands. The story is also weak, and not engaging. My main complaint is the unfinished feel this game has. There's just something about this game that gives off an unfinished/unpolished vibe. Maybe it's because the free-running isn't smooth, or the lip syncing is off, or the combat is a Batman ripoff, or the terrible textures, or the fact that the 'stealth' in this game is atrocious. The stealth in this game is so bad it's sad. You can't crouch and sometimes you don't crouch in the bushes. Obviously this game was rushed from the beginning, and I can't really recommend it. Expand
  3. Jan 17, 2013
    I felt irritated by the fact that it took five gruelling sequences before I got to play as the main character, and for being so moral, he seems to put his tribe above everything else, easily being the weakest main character of the series (although I loved his look and combat). The single player just did not satisfy me, I can't really say more except that it just disappointed me; I expectedI felt irritated by the fact that it took five gruelling sequences before I got to play as the main character, and for being so moral, he seems to put his tribe above everything else, easily being the weakest main character of the series (although I loved his look and combat). The single player just did not satisfy me, I can't really say more except that it just disappointed me; I expected more out of it. Expand
  4. Jan 20, 2013
    I do not know what to say. The graphics are amaizing. its so beautifule to look at. the thing is I did not like the story or the missions or the characters. I tried to like Conor. I realy did but I failed. There is no quiet assasin style kill here, you run in the open and EVERYONE can sense your present and ready for the killing even if you are hidding behind a wall, or god forbids, ON THEI do not know what to say. The graphics are amaizing. its so beautifule to look at. the thing is I did not like the story or the missions or the characters. I tried to like Conor. I realy did but I failed. There is no quiet assasin style kill here, you run in the open and EVERYONE can sense your present and ready for the killing even if you are hidding behind a wall, or god forbids, ON THE ROOFS! no running on top of roofs, they are ready for you, They'll climp up for you to force you down! and then run after you some more while shooting at you and..oh god! what happened?!! I thought him being native and all will be the master of disguise and stealth killing..but no..I just did not like this one. Expand
  5. Jan 27, 2013
    This game disappointed me like no other game. Conner is short spoken and unmemorable, the cut scenes are long and boring, there are too many slow walks, the gameplay feels stiff, all the bad ass hack 'n slash action presented in the commercials never happens, lastly, ubisoft throws out their fluid building climbing mechanic for this **** tree climbing mechanic, you can still climbThis game disappointed me like no other game. Conner is short spoken and unmemorable, the cut scenes are long and boring, there are too many slow walks, the gameplay feels stiff, all the bad ass hack 'n slash action presented in the commercials never happens, lastly, ubisoft throws out their fluid building climbing mechanic for this **** tree climbing mechanic, you can still climb buildings, but it feels discouraged because the redcoats detect you ridiculously fast and shoot you immediately. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    I don't know how to feel about AC3. I liked the time period it was set in and the story but I didn't like how the game felt and how it was played. And in Frontier you sometimes have to run over 1000m which took some time. I think the pieces of the puzzle were there but they wouldn't fit together.
  7. Apr 4, 2013
    This.... This is not an Assassins Creed game, it isn't and im gonna explain you why.
    Ok so let's start with the story the story starts in quite an interesting way meanwhile you start discovering how each character truly is you start by playing as Haytham an non interesting character that holds up until you play for a couple of hours and you will just be asking to yourself where's Connor pointing out the cover of the game box that you just bought then you will start getting angry just by realizing Haytham didn't need all the time that it was put into it just doesn't make any sense to waste four sequences (chapters) just to explain his character is a waste of space. So after the 4 chapters that take about five to six hours to complete
    you can finally play as Connor but you need to play as him through out his childhood, teenage years and finally you can play as him as an adult assassin the problem is that this other three sequences of just watching Connor grow up you will be angry at the fact that the four sequences that you play as Haytham could have been used to play as Connor and tell an story that actually is interesting. after a while the only things that you will start liking about the game are the graphics the combat system (that is really good) and well that's pretty much it no more no less another thing that you will notice is the obvious linearity that the game has in terms of gameplay the game will be constantly forcing you to play the way that they want you to play by making you fail the mission if you don't play stealthy or aggressive it just never feels like any of the past game is just a complete f... you to the fans of the past series, the naval combat is really fun but after a while i notice the freaking cover of my box said i was playing an Assassin's Creed game, but overall the combat system and the naval battles and the gorgeous graphics can't just hold up the raw that this game will bring you if you were a fan of the previous games. In conclusion Assassin's Creed 3 is a barely decent game beautiful graphics, amazing combat system, and naval control cannot make the player avoid noticing the awful mistakes that the linear gameplay dumb waste of story space and various uninteresting hours of waste of time and effort just leaves me with the feeling that this game could have been ten times better than what it end up being if you are a big fan of the series you will definitely be very disappointed.
  8. May 22, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III is an absolutely mediocre game. Disappointingly enough, Assassin's Creed 3 tries to be a movie, or a running simulator; focusing less in the actual combat and stealth (this is for the missions of the main story).
    The exploration is painfully boring, that immediately reduces the score dramatically. I hoped for a deep, immersive exploration, but what I've got is a monotone playground. The same can be said about the mediocre side missions.
    The technical issues are frequent and annoying. While not highly reducing the enjoyment, it just makes for a flawed experience.
    However, this game offers two positive aspects: the whole story and the hunting system. The story is interesting and exciting, portraying excellently the historical characters that had an important role for America. And the hunting system is surprisingly deep and fun.
    Overall, Assassin's Creed III is an almost poor game, trying to be overly-ambitious, but ultimately failing.

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.