8.1

1. Oct 29, 2013
    This is, by far, one of the best entries in the series. It feels fresh and different. And you know that feeling? Yeah, the one you have when playing AC2 and that was missing from AC3? It's back.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    Best addition to ac series after ac 2 it is a landmark game and keeps you busy with it's thrills and rich environment. It is a game which define both ac and the pirates.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    playng it since thursday awesome game its a mix of assassin creed 2 with brotherhood with pirates and assassin themes wich is awesome edward is a badass
  4. Oct 29, 2013
    *Looks at user reviews*

"its nothing but a glorified dlc pack"

*spits out drink*

Fun so far, haven't finished it but I'm having a great time. In depth world, loads to, great game.
  5. Dec 11, 2013
    Very nice mix between classic AC gameplay and sailing the seas. open world sandbox is great, and a lot to do. graphics are starting to get a bit old but the athmosphere is great.
  6. Dec 10, 2013
    After being mildly disappointed with AC 3, I am pleasantly surprised by this title. The story line might not be the best in the Assassins Creed series but that is made up for through a tight atmosphere, interesting characters and, of course, Pirates! Who doesn't like pirates?

The graphics are well executed. Game play and controls are on par with similar titles. In game actions besides the main mission are varied, reaching from harpooning and hunting through stealth looting of plantations, to the ever popular collectibles, which by the way include shanties that will be sung by the crew while at sea after unlocking.

Overall the game is extremely captivating. More so than it's direct predecessor AC 3 and way more than for instance this years pity of a Batman: Arkham game.

There are some annoying glitches with the single player online content, which I hope will be solved by some upcoming patch. Other than that I see no reason to rate this game less than 9.
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    The game itself deserves a 10/10. The limitations on the PS3 result in framerate issues are problematic. I would recommend it for the PC instead......
  8. Jan 22, 2014
    Another winner in the ASSASSIN'S CREED series. A sprawling, open world experience that is as fascinating as it is fun. The graphics, sound, and acting are, perfect and the missions are well designed and interesting. The naval combat has been vastly expanded and is so amazing, it would be easy to simply discard following the story and just pillage on the high seas all day. The game'sAnother winner in the ASSASSIN'S CREED series. A sprawling, open world experience that is as fascinating as it is fun. The graphics, sound, and acting are, perfect and the missions are well designed and interesting. The naval combat has been vastly expanded and is so amazing, it would be easy to simply discard following the story and just pillage on the high seas all day. The game's balance is fantastic, too - never letting the various treasure hunts and side missions muddy the flow.

The only real problems the game has are in the main storyline. Pirates are simply not as interesting historical figures as those we find in Renaissance Italy or Colonial America. The Templar/Assassin conflict is treated as almost an afterthought and the game does not further the mythology of the AC universe very much. Also, Edward Kenway didn't really do it for me as a main character. His eventual conversion and redemption with the Assassins feels perfunctory and happens far to late in the game to really believe it. I find myself far more interested and engaged in the Black Flag characters when I play as Adawale.

If you like ASSASSIN'S CREED, you will love this game. It is one that will keep you happy for a good long time.
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    i had hopes fore ac4 but this is not what i expectid wow.
    finally a great pirate game a great charecthers and good music.
    a realy great story and ship gameplay just taking down ships is amezing.
    the only thing is they need a new combat then this game wil be even better.
  10. Feb 15, 2014
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Review.
    Pros/ Good Points:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Review.
    Pros/ Good Points:
    + A beautiful, detailed yet enourmous open world to explore. Ship controls and mechanics much more simplified for a better experience. Emotional moments in the story (all I can say without spoiling). It isn't as bugged/glitched as Assassin's Creed III. The sense of verticality everywhere you go, from jungles, to cities and islands. The game doesn't restrict you from exploring the world, you can explore it from the get-go. Full of enjoyable side content. Dumber AI that motivate the use of stealth. 100% completition of missions is simplified and the side-objectives aren't as specific as to how to engage the mission. Enjoyable underwater segments. Things to spend your money in, unlike it's predecessors. Strong characters and character development. Impressive graphics. Soundtrack hasn't dropped quality since the first game, this is not the exception. Simple and smooth menus that makes navigating through really easy. There's ambient/background music while you're just playing around, which is a nice little touch.
    Cons/ Bad Points:
    -Way too long and weak story, both in the present day and golden age of piracy, that doesn't add much to the AC universe. Multiplayer needs reinvention and quickly, gamelab wasn't enough. Only the two swords and fists as the game mele weapons. It's difficult to control the character, mainly in the JackDaw and when you're trying to board, considering the tight spaces and that the character usually goes where he wants to go, and not where I want him to. Boarding turns really quickly into something repetitive and boring. The game cannot be completed at a 100% without using Kenway's Fleet (for which you need to be online) and it's really not a very nice change. Though it doesn't have as much bugs/glitches as ACIII, it still have some few game-breaking problems. Aveline missions don't stand on it's own and don't even add anything more to what has been already seen in Liberation. It's a silly thing but, you can't run while using your eagle vission, it's really annoying. Frame rate drops many times when you are running through rooftops in big cities.
    Final thoughts and score:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag tries to innovate as much as it can, but the game never managed to stood out from ACII and Brotherhood. Still, it is somewhat refreshing and it is by far the best AC game since Brotherhood.
    Average Score: 8.6/10
    For more Assasssin's Creed Reviews go to:
  11. May 24, 2014
    Summary Review
    Just a disclaimer, I have only played Assassin Creed 1; so I can’t comment on the rest of the series. Likewise I cannot comment on the online gameplay cause my internet is bad.
    +Good visuals +Very good combat system with a good variety of weapons and upgrades, and good stealth mechanics +Excellent sea battle mechanics which is a tonne of fun and is refreshing +Great
    Summary Review

+Good visuals
    +Excellent sea battle mechanics which is a tonne of fun and is refreshing
    +Great side-activities which I often found to be more fun than the main missions.
    ? I found the story to be very confusing despite its strengths
    -I hated the use of Abstergo Entertainment, which killed the level of emotion that the game can believer.

In brief it is a must buy

Full Review
    While Assassin Creed Blackflag, takes a while to get into the first thing that you will notice is that the visuals are great, with good frame rates and textures, and help increase the level of emotion that the game believers. Likewise I found very few bugs within the game. However what matters to me is the gameplay.
    With regards to the gameplay, it is great. The combat is very easy to master, while at the same time has enough variety to reduce the repetitiveness of the combat. This can be seen with the variety of weapons, in particularly the use of combining swords and pistols, which encourages you to mix up combat, because pistols take a while to reload and are actually not that powerful until you unlock new ones. Likewise the introduction of new weapons, like the darts (which you unlock roughly half way through the game), in particular the berserk dart which makes sneaking so much more entertaining, as it seems enemies to attack each other. Such variety of weapons in combination with Assassin Creed’s solid sneaking system, and the variety of enemies from brutes to grunts, help make combat very entertaining. However one of the common complaints I have found about Assassin Creed, that the combat is too easy, I found is still present especially when you unlock upgrades.
    However Assassin Creed Blackflag, makes up for the how easy its combat is, with the ship mechanics. This feels fresh and exciting, and is something that I have always wanted in a game. The naval combat was fantastic, especially with how the unlocking of improvements for you ship which mean that you really feel a sense of progression, while at the same time not finding the enemies to be too easy, especially when you fight multiple ships at the same time. I especially like the fact that your ship takes damage and that will affect how well it performs in combat, but don’t worry because you can use boarded ships to repair your own, making naval combat more accessible, as you don’t have to keep going back to land to repair your ship. The only major annoyance of the naval combat is how the boarding of ships can get repetitive because you need resources to unlock improvements, and boarding ships and taking their crew is the quickest way to get such resources.
    The finally major thing I have to say about Assassin’s Creed is the side activities which are for the most part a lot of fun. In particular though a bit repetitive I found the diving sections which are needed to unlock the best upgrades for your ship, the assassin contracts both on and off land (what kind of assassin game would not have such contracts) where you get rewarded for killing your target for killing him without being detected, the naval contracts which are surprisingly challenging especially when you have to protect other ships, whaling which was surprisingly engaging and the robbing of safe house which require the use of skill, and are challenging. Such side activities are awesome for the most part, though a lot of the collectables are pretty pointless, beyond the Mayan stones these keys, and some shanty sheets that allow your crew to learn another sea shanty to sing on your behalf. But the other collectables are rather pointless. Likewise the hunting is undeveloped I find because for the most part it is way too easy, it is certainly not as good as Far Cry 3’s hunting mechanic.
    The first thing I have about Assassin Creed 4 is that I found the story to be a bit confusing at times, but that is probably because I did not pay that much attention. I will not spoil anything but I found the going back between the Matrix like thing, and being a badass pirate (Edward, who is an awesome character btw) and how such events were interlinked to be poorly explained. That said though the introduction of excellent character like Blackbeard and William Kidd; help make the story not so much a snooze fest.
    The final complaint I have is the having this Matrix like system within the game, which put me off Assassin Creed series on the whole, because I hate the idea of at key moments within the story, being pulled out of the historical setting and into a different game which is not a good. This effect is present within Assassin Creed Blackflag, and I wish Ubisoft for Assassin Creed 5 remove this Matrix like thing entirely.
  12. Dec 8, 2013
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag represents new life for the franchise which, just a year ago, seemed to be aging dramatically. Everything about it is like a well-oiled machine, and Ubisoft's experience with the pirate genre shines through. Notable improvements include manual aim for pistols and other weapons, along with a series of noticeable tweaks here and there.
    This is indisputably
    This is indisputably the greatest in the series since Assassin's Creed II.
  13. Jan 2, 2014
    For those who do not know this game goes backwards in time, however forward in the story. The main guy is Edward Kennway, father of Haythen in AC3 and Grandfather of Connor. that is all I will say.

I dont know why people say that AC is dying out. This game is really good. Goes into depth, has good side missions, allows you to really explore a much more realistic world and setting.

Graphic 9/10
    Story 10/10
    controls 9/10
    online- 7/10
    Smoothness 10/10
  14. Feb 26, 2014
    Great game, i advise everyone who hasnt tried it to go ahead and get themselves a copy. Its an experience you cannot miss out on. Ubisoft really stepped up their game this year, with beautiful scenery and a mix between both playing on water or inland.
  15. Jul 15, 2014
    I own all the AC games thus far. Big fan, can you tell? My rating echoes others I have read - (1) story-line outside the animus stinks and (2) the repetitive mini-movies or sayings is annoying. I have managed to overlook these shortcomings and played through the game some 5 times now. Looking forward to "Unity".
  16. Sep 29, 2015
    Black Flag is by far the best AC game since Assassin's Creed II. Everything about it feels fresh and new.

The lead protagonist, Edward Kenway, is an insatiable rogue with a troubled past who is just as charming as Ezio and even more so than Connor. Ubisoft have truly redeemed themselves with this entry and it stands as one of the best games of 2013. Most of the gameplay elements

Most of the gameplay elements from AC3 return, but are sufficiently utilised to create the best AC experience to date. Crafting is a lot easier and the incentive to plunder other ships to upgrade your own is strangely compelling and addictive.

Most importantly, this game fulfils your unrealised desire to be an Assassin pirate.
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    After seeing the trailer, I will not hide that I was not placing much hope on this game. However, after playing for nearly 10 hours straight, I was pleasantly surprised. In past Assassin's Creed games, being in the city felt natural as you were always in it. In ACIV, I found myself longing for my ship and the vast open world that is the sea/ocean. Additionally, successfully capturing aAfter seeing the trailer, I will not hide that I was not placing much hope on this game. However, after playing for nearly 10 hours straight, I was pleasantly surprised. In past Assassin's Creed games, being in the city felt natural as you were always in it. In ACIV, I found myself longing for my ship and the vast open world that is the sea/ocean. Additionally, successfully capturing a high-level man o' war, or any ship for that matter, is incredibly satisfying. You would think that such an act would get repetitive and boring, but it does not. I predict that the opinions will be split on this game, as you either hate it or love it, but I personally think that it is a huge step-up from the odd ACIII. Expand
  18. Oct 31, 2013
    A good game,the new naval warfare is great and a lot of fun.I also liked the new crafting system,and assassination contracts are back.This is the game to put the series back on track.
  19. Oct 30, 2013
    This Assassin's Creed is one of the best since two came out, the game play is not very different but that's not a bad thing, the naval battles are really fun, the man character is more charismatic like and Ezio and not boring like Conner. If you didn't think this was going to be a good game because it came out a year after the third game think again because there was another team makingThis Assassin's Creed is one of the best since two came out, the game play is not very different but that's not a bad thing, the naval battles are really fun, the man character is more charismatic like and Ezio and not boring like Conner. If you didn't think this was going to be a good game because it came out a year after the third game think again because there was another team making this game. If you played any assassins creed games or if you want to start playing them for the first time this would be a good game to pick up. Almost forgot the multiplayer is a fun getaway from the single player. Expand
  20. Oct 30, 2013
    I'd say this is the best AC game in the franchise much better than brotherhood, the pirate theme is awesome and hopefully they expand this one to a trilogy I can relate to Edward since we all want to be well off
  21. Oct 31, 2013
    Great game yes of course we know what we are getting Oh pay no attention to the Zeros they are purposely doing this to bring down the overall score so irrelevant really
  22. Nov 1, 2013
    My favorite parts of AC3 involved the naval combat and sailing. It was so well done that I wished Ubisoft would just make a game revolving around this fantastically developed sailing mechanic. Well look what showed up, and dang is this a wonderful game. My only issue are occasionally missteps in traveling--the main character leaping from ledges to ledges while I just want to be on theMy favorite parts of AC3 involved the naval combat and sailing. It was so well done that I wished Ubisoft would just make a game revolving around this fantastically developed sailing mechanic. Well look what showed up, and dang is this a wonderful game. My only issue are occasionally missteps in traveling--the main character leaping from ledges to ledges while I just want to be on the ground, but that's been in the games since the beginning. The naval combat is excellent, boarding other ships is a fluid and fun process. There's so much to buy and unlock. I've played for 20 hours and I've not progressed through the story much, I've simply been sailing around plundering Spanish and British treasure ships alike. Fantastic game, thanks for making it. Expand
  23. Nov 23, 2013
    Fun, fun fun, thats what you get wen you play this game. Ive only had one other AC game and that was revelations so I was a bit reluctant to get this, but having read a few user reviews Im glad I did. I dont get where the negative reviews are coming from as there is nothing to warrant that in this game,

Sailing the seas looking to pirate is just awesome, I love the open world aspect there is so much to do, yes you could mention it might feel a little repetitive but never enough to stop you coming back for more and thats a sign of a good game, and theres still the single player story to keep you going.

This is a great game to play just go buy it,
  24. Oct 29, 2013
    I honestly thought they killed Assassins Creed with the infamous AC3 but IV is surprisingly good and sets a high standard for any future games.

Visuals are beyond what could be expected by 8 year old consoles, and you will notice it. The water effects omfg. Gameplay wise its what we have been waiting for, especially with all the new items (weapons, Outfits, ship upgrades etc.) The

The Jackdaw is the home the "homestead" never was, and you really grow to care for the ships well being which was quite surprising.

I can't really describe how good i found this game to be.
    It improved on EVERYTHING from AC3 and added a free roam world with astounding visuals and epic naval gameplay.

**** buy it.
  25. Oct 29, 2013
    I've enjoyed this game real good This game has better graphics gameplay, game mechanics, the storyline was awesome They've added extra new features Its better than AC 2, AC 3 for sure I bought a game worth all my penny The world in this game is typically large U can search for treasures and many more things The Visuals was f*****g great
  26. Nov 2, 2013
    One of the best games of 2013.
    must have for assassin's creed fans
    the single player has many things to do and see and it's beautiful to look at
    the mutliplayer remains the same but it's much better than assassin's creed III
  27. Nov 1, 2013
    Honestly you just cannot give this game a 0 if you have actually played it. The game is not fully broken and is playable so I don't understand where it's coming from. This is actually the first Assassins Creed game I have actually purchased and played the story. Previous games I had played at a friends house walking around killing people. With that being said the customization in AC:BF isHonestly you just cannot give this game a 0 if you have actually played it. The game is not fully broken and is playable so I don't understand where it's coming from. This is actually the first Assassins Creed game I have actually purchased and played the story. Previous games I had played at a friends house walking around killing people. With that being said the customization in AC:BF is amazing and has made it a very difficult game to put down each time I play it. If you're on the edge about this game I honestly don't see where you could go wrong. The naval combat is amazing also. Expand
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    After playing and completing Ac4 Black Flag it became clear to me that Ac4 is far better than any other game in the series (apart from ac2). It takes a great setting, fills it with a storyline of great and iconic characters and above all else brings brilliant combat and stealth gameplay! The only thing that i could find to put this game down by was the lack of story development in theAfter playing and completing Ac4 Black Flag it became clear to me that Ac4 is far better than any other game in the series (apart from ac2). It takes a great setting, fills it with a storyline of great and iconic characters and above all else brings brilliant combat and stealth gameplay! The only thing that i could find to put this game down by was the lack of story development in the modern day, but it's the same in all of the games. Expand
  29. Oct 30, 2013
    This game is incredible! Leave it to Ubisoft to re-invent the Brand! I love all aspects of this game as it takes you wherever you want to go! Great Job Ubisoft...Keep it up! I know Watch Dogs will be great as well!
  30. Oct 30, 2013
    Awesome game, sooo pretty, tons of stuff to do! I tried to finish it quickly, but it still took me 30 hours to finish the story. Mainly because of so many interesting distractions behind every corner. Really really cool game, AC is back on track!

The only thing that bothered me a little is somehow unpredictable AI (that's why I gave it 9 instead of 10). But even that seems to bee much better than in AC 3 or even Brotherhood.
  31. Oct 30, 2013
    Just played 3hours of AC4:BF and it is as good as everyones been saying. the nicest looking graphics on this gen of consoles up there with uncharted, The last of us, GTA V.

I am A HUGE AC fan and the AC series lost its way after AC2 which was my all time favorite, its safe to say that they are back on track, its alot more action orientated than AC3, from right at the start they put you in the action. Its not your usual AC story as your more of a pirate theme, which i think is cool, its a fresh take on the series. Good story so far, great graphics a must have, i cant wait to play it on the ps4.

It will be interesting to see what the series does in the future, hopefully Ancient Japan Ninja/Samurai, Or Roman times, theirs endless history periods which id like the series to go to.
  32. Oct 29, 2013
    this a dlc? this guys are crazy...great game, its a mix of assassin creed 2 with brotherhood...so is good game!! This game, is the one and only true assassins creed game since ac 2 Buy it!!
  33. Oct 29, 2013
    This game for me, is the definitivt ac experince since ac 2! I am just running around, enjoying the game like i did with ac 2. This game, is the one and only true ac game since ac 2 Buy it
  34. Nov 1, 2013
    Playing through AC3 last had me sorely disappointed. I was expecting a lot, but it just never came. With this AC, I was expecting it to do worse. I am happy to say that I am very happy with how it turned. It has a fresh new to the series that's seemingly going stale. Putting more emphasis on exploration also really shows as well as a deathly similarity to Far Cry 3 (especially gameplay,Playing through AC3 last had me sorely disappointed. I was expecting a lot, but it just never came. With this AC, I was expecting it to do worse. I am happy to say that I am very happy with how it turned. It has a fresh new to the series that's seemingly going stale. Putting more emphasis on exploration also really shows as well as a deathly similarity to Far Cry 3 (especially gameplay, hunting, etc). Story might not be great, but it's a nice fun type of story that will most leky keep you guessing. Graphics were a marvel on current (which leaves me wandering what will be of the next gen!). It feels surprisingly smooth. Not interested in the multi, but I can tell you that this game is just as great without it. This can be on level of GTA5 (which I thought was somewhat disappointing though still amazing). Expand
  35. Oct 31, 2013
    It's such an Incredible fun game! Just got my crew and I really like the character! perfect! It's fun to walk around in the office and check other employee's Perfect D:
  36. Nov 2, 2013
    Plz don't say anything until you play this game.I know your feeling,since AC II (which is one of the best game with me),these AC:B,AC:R and then AC III completely ruined my love with the series.After AC III (which i really hyped for -_-),i decided not to buy any AC games,but,i gave it a change,and trust me,it's worth it.
  37. Nov 1, 2013
    This game takes the series in an amazing new direction. Beautiful graphics, diverse open world like no other, crazy awesome action, and a badass protagonist. Assassin's Creed IV is a must have for any Assassin's Creed fan. BUT BEWARE: YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PUT THE CONTRTOLLER DOWN.... Most people love criticizing the yearly releases of the series but who wants to wait that long to seeThis game takes the series in an amazing new direction. Beautiful graphics, diverse open world like no other, crazy awesome action, and a badass protagonist. Assassin's Creed IV is a must have for any Assassin's Creed fan. BUT BEWARE: YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PUT THE CONTRTOLLER DOWN.... Most people love criticizing the yearly releases of the series but who wants to wait that long to see what happens next? Expand
  38. Nov 6, 2013
    Assassins Creed IV Blackflag improves on nearly every aspect over its predecessor. The world is bast, filled with many activities, secrets to discover and upgrades to collect. The story is fast paced (when compared to AC3), Edward Kenway is way more interesting character than previous AC protagonists, and his phillosophy over Assassin and Templar affairs feels like a refreshing change. OnAssassins Creed IV Blackflag improves on nearly every aspect over its predecessor. The world is bast, filled with many activities, secrets to discover and upgrades to collect. The story is fast paced (when compared to AC3), Edward Kenway is way more interesting character than previous AC protagonists, and his phillosophy over Assassin and Templar affairs feels like a refreshing change. On the downhill: the combat remains almost the same, with great emphasis on counter attacks, and it may become somewhat confusing when the amount of enemies on the screen grows high. Many may argue which AC game is the best, 4 or 2, in my case it'll have to chose Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, the big world and the liberty this game provides is enough to make it earn its places as the Best Assassin's Creed Game to date, after all, when the story ends is the gameplay and RPG elements that makes this game so special. (sorry, Ezio) Expand
  39. Nov 2, 2013
    Imagine if Rockstar Games made a Pirate-themed,open world adventure.Now imagine that AC 4 was its second rate cousin....Another year of development time could have made this one of the finest games of all time.But nope,quarterly reports are this games studios main reason to exist and they'll obviously already be working on AC4,BF2 right now.Expect it in 12 months time.The game itself isImagine if Rockstar Games made a Pirate-themed,open world adventure.Now imagine that AC 4 was its second rate cousin....Another year of development time could have made this one of the finest games of all time.But nope,quarterly reports are this games studios main reason to exist and they'll obviously already be working on AC4,BF2 right now.Expect it in 12 months time.The game itself is quite good,acceptable even,but with a massive team and budget,it should have been amazing.In its defense,there's tons to do and at least it's easily better than the last 3 AC titles.The animus is less intrusive this time,though being taken out of the adventure still annoys no end.That said,it was worth a $2 hire. Expand
  40. Nov 11, 2013
    I love this game really.The naval combat, the regular combat, the environments the gameplay(for the most part) and i dare say the story is pretty good.And the meld between assassins and pirates is excellent.But i have 2 main problems that really annoyed me.First the stealth mechanics are poor, basicly the only thing you are worrying about is that the enemy doesn't see you, other thanI love this game really.The naval combat, the regular combat, the environments the gameplay(for the most part) and i dare say the story is pretty good.And the meld between assassins and pirates is excellent.But i have 2 main problems that really annoyed me.First the stealth mechanics are poor, basicly the only thing you are worrying about is that the enemy doesn't see you, other than that you can just freerun behind them and they wont even know a thing(before you backstab them hehe), so basicly sound stealth mechanics are missing from the game.The second problem i have is with the missions, they are dull as f*ck Edward go stalk those guys, Edward go eavesdrop on those guys, Edward go assassinate those guys, Edward sneakingly infiltrate a base but you are not actually going to do that you will just kill everyone with the first chance you get then get to a checkpoint.That pretty much sums up 50% of the missions.Over all a great game, whether you have ps3 xbox 360 pc ps4 xbox one you should buy this game. Expand
  41. Nov 6, 2013
    Beautiful as Renaissance paintings, Assassin Creed games are also incredibly fun,i.e., acrobatic
    maneuvering; exploration and discovery, thrill of the kill, etc. For all the greatness, I can't help
    but wish that Ubisoft would invest more time in refining stealth and combat. All too often, the enemy AI is repetitive, dumb, and oblivious. Combat doesn't approach the challenge, diversity,
    and joy of say a "Demon's Souls" or "Witcher 2". Still, with winter fast approaching, it's great
    being in the Caribbean!
  42. Nov 27, 2013
    There's no way I could give it a lower score. AC IV is what AC III should have been and it's even more. It takes everything its predecessor has done right like the smooth movements, fluid, brutal fights and naval combats and improves to make them even better. It brings back the "Assassin's Creed" feeling that had been lost in AC III, because they also took references from past games, likeThere's no way I could give it a lower score. AC IV is what AC III should have been and it's even more. It takes everything its predecessor has done right like the smooth movements, fluid, brutal fights and naval combats and improves to make them even better. It brings back the "Assassin's Creed" feeling that had been lost in AC III, because they also took references from past games, like the insuperable AC II. Nothing feels repetitive and boring; and talking about "boring", Edward is a WAY more interesting character than Connor was, I don't even know why he is Connor's grandfather, because his personality remembers me more of Ezio's than Connor's. He's womanizer, funny, smart, and very serious about his business. The game visuals are outstanding, the environments are rich, even the AI is improved. Missions are more diversified and Ubisoft has even implemented a mission review system. After completing a mission, you simply fill up to 5 stars and send them as a notice of how much you enjoyed that mission, it's very cool. Expand
  43. Dec 29, 2013
    Jogo fantástico, quem tiver a oportunidade JOGUE.
    Comprei este jogo sem muitas expectativas (pois já havia enjoado do universo de Assassins Creed no 2° jogo da franquia), mesmo assim, após ver a temática nova do jogo fui correndo comprar.
    MEU, QUE JOGO ESSE?
    Se vc gosta de assassinos compre, se vc gosta de piratas compre, se vc gosta de gta com barcos compre, resumindo: JOGÃO!
  44. May 20, 2014
    This game is so flawless in so many ways. The main one being the core controls and, simply, the way it feels when you walk and move the camera around. This is the smoothest third-person game out there. The controls for the game are and have always been artful, in that, if you use them incorrectly, the game will look and feel clunky. But if you use them correctly, the game will look andThis game is so flawless in so many ways. The main one being the core controls and, simply, the way it feels when you walk and move the camera around. This is the smoothest third-person game out there. The controls for the game are and have always been artful, in that, if you use them incorrectly, the game will look and feel clunky. But if you use them correctly, the game will look and feel absolutely magical. Everything about this game feels amazing: Walking, running, climbing, jumping, blending, hiding, sword fighting, fist fighting, hidden-blade stabbing, knife throwing, rope-darting, assassinating, sailing, swimming, diving, hunting, treasure hunting, whale/shark hunting, cannon firing, fort storming, exploring, chasing, fleeing, drinking, blow-piping, pistol shooting, parkouring, plundering, pillaging, pirating... In my book, this is THE game. The best and most ultimate game there is to date. The only thing I don't like about this game is that it is so awesome that it puts other, decent games to shame and makes them looks worse than they really are. But, I guess everyone is spoiled by their own seflish and specific expectations.

p.s. The multiplayer is the most innovative, deeply engaging, online gameplay that I've ever experienced.
  45. Dec 28, 2014
    Ac4 is a great ac game. I got 100% completion on it and it wasn't that boring. The whole game revolves around being a pirate exploring the carribean whether you be at sea fighting a man o war or hunting in the jungles for rare animal to get his expensive hide for an upgraded pouch this game is bloody pure fun. The story isn't all that amazing but it works but this game could have workedAc4 is a great ac game. I got 100% completion on it and it wasn't that boring. The whole game revolves around being a pirate exploring the carribean whether you be at sea fighting a man o war or hunting in the jungles for rare animal to get his expensive hide for an upgraded pouch this game is bloody pure fun. The story isn't all that amazing but it works but this game could have worked just as well if it were a pirate game without the rare assassins bits it carries over from ac3. the game has modern day sequences where you can do little mini games and puzzles like frogger to hack into abstergos computers and uncover their secrets. The game includes the multiplayer feature which is pretty much copy and pasted from ac3 which had some new cool things in it, multiplayer is ac3 with a pirate theme not much and I only could play it for a short amount of period time though but all asides from that ac4 is a great game and worth buying even for those who aren't full on AC fanc Expand
  46. Jan 25, 2015
    This game is the best I ever played. The graphics are so good. The gameplay is cool. The ship battle is awesome.This is the best assassins creed game ever. I beat all four legendary ships. This game costs every penny.
  47. Oct 29, 2013
    Possibly the 2nd best game of this year, first being Grand Theft Auto V. Too bad Watch_Dogs has been delayed. Some say that Black Flag won't have the Assassin element anymore. Truth is, not only did the game stay true to its core theme, but it's mixed the core element with an ecstatic spice of piracy. All in all, the game might have yet another disappointing main storyline like in AC3Possibly the 2nd best game of this year, first being Grand Theft Auto V. Too bad Watch_Dogs has been delayed. Some say that Black Flag won't have the Assassin element anymore. Truth is, not only did the game stay true to its core theme, but it's mixed the core element with an ecstatic spice of piracy. All in all, the game might have yet another disappointing main storyline like in AC3 (again, highly unlikely), but it also promises hardcore open-world gameplay. Expand
  48. Nov 3, 2013
    Game of the year, calling it here right now. The only problem I could find with the game is how repetitive it can get. But they did improve a ton compared to the horrible atrocity to the serious, Assassin's Creed 3.
  49. Nov 10, 2013
    best assassins creed easily... I thought nothing could top assassins creed 2 but this game... what a suprise, I honestly didn't expect a game this good. Congratz to ubisoft, since the addition of the multiplayer and the yearly releases I saw this franchise going downhill and turning into another disgrace like call of duty but AC4 has totally changed my mind. So much stuff has beenbest assassins creed easily... I thought nothing could top assassins creed 2 but this game... what a suprise, I honestly didn't expect a game this good. Congratz to ubisoft, since the addition of the multiplayer and the yearly releases I saw this franchise going downhill and turning into another disgrace like call of duty but AC4 has totally changed my mind. So much stuff has been changed, the only thing that makes me associate AC4 with AC3 is the "walking on trees" feature. Even the naval aspect (which was pretty good in AC3) is so much better. It brings the best out of all the games and so much more. Expand
  50. hbk
    Nov 18, 2013
    i m a great fan of assasins creed series....this game is really awesome and outstanding in all aspects...i had played all the games{gta 5,call of duty ghosts adn battlefield 4} but in my opinion no other game can compete with AC 4 BLACKFLAG and i wish it will get GOTY
  51. Oct 31, 2013
    Oye Oye Oye... Worth to buy. I can guaranttee you it is the best release of AC series. From the begining it is superb. The special effects and the SEA is awesome. Memories and sequesce reload option is great. And feedback option is good as well you can rate the memory after completing it. World is huge. and many more.
  52. Nov 16, 2013
    This is the pirate game you never knew you always wanted! And just to clarify, it is just that: a pirate game, and a bloody good one. Think Sid Meyer's "Pirates" realised in 3D with all the trappings you'd expect: ship battles, harpooning, ship boarding and treasure hunting to name but some of the main activities you'll experience out on the open sea, all of which are great fun!

But

But then it's also an Assassin's creed game and as such has all the usual on-land activities we've come to expect from the series. And while there haven't been any major overhauls on these activities most have been tweaked and tightened and are as much fun as they've always been.

But again, the most fun to be had with this game is out on the open water, and searching and earning the materials needed to upgrade your ship is extremely addictive. Hours would go by where I was nowhere near the main story and still having a whale (ahem) of a time and that is the sign of a great open world game.

This game only loses a mark because yes, there are a few bugs, though they're nothing close to intrusive and combat (especially when taking place on a crowded enemy ship) can be a little messy and confusing, though for the most part still good fun.

Even if you've become tired of this series, which to be fair, could benefit from a little more polishing and not being released EVERY year, this has enough fresh and fun ideas to be worthy of your time. And clocking in at over 50 hours on a play through, including most of the side quests, is terrific value for money!
  53. Nov 11, 2013
    This is really an AMAZING game,with great graphics,great story and great gameplay,with lots of things to do and explore,but even great games are not perfect,you can find some glitches and all the combat system is too easy,they better put a harder difficulty setting next time.
    But overall this game is fantastic,it is the best Assassin's Creed game since AC 2 (my personal favorite),if you are a fan of the series and didn't enjoy AC 3 very much like me,relax because this game is much better.
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    You like pirates? You like AC? If you answered yes then you will LOVE this game. Even though it is more a pirate game then ac because, well, you are a pirate. You have a ship, crew mates, and do pirate things. That being said it is still an ac game in the way the free running and assassinations/combat go but once you get out on the beautiful seas it shifts full focus to pirates then theYou like pirates? You like AC? If you answered yes then you will LOVE this game. Even though it is more a pirate game then ac because, well, you are a pirate. You have a ship, crew mates, and do pirate things. That being said it is still an ac game in the way the free running and assassinations/combat go but once you get out on the beautiful seas it shifts full focus to pirates then the creed. Assassins are still part of the story but the main draw here is the golden age of piracy. It's a great game in both regards. The best pirate game ever made and the best ac game in the series. The graphics on ps3 are fantastic and at times mindblowingly beautiful. The game has the best looking water effects and oceans I've ever seen in a game(besides gta v oceans) the ship combat is addicting and open world is full of things to do. I am only on sequence 3 but the story is pretty good. There is just so much to say about this game but I recommend you play this yourself. It is a highly entertaining experience that pirate fans and ac fans will love. Expand
  55. Nov 4, 2013
    Fun, the best after AC2, I've just finished the history and I still want more naval battles and more trips around islands...... A good game, really enjoyable..
  56. Nov 9, 2013
    Easily the best game in the Assassin's Creed franchise. After the low that was Assassin's Creed 3, I think most fans can agree that we were worried about the next AC being a disappointment, as well.

Connor was probably the most disliked AC character to date, with his monotone, mediocre voice-acting and overall dull "must do right" character. Edward Kenway, on the other hand, brings a

Edward Kenway, on the other hand, brings a much lighter tone to the franchise, akin to Jack Sparrow.

The story is great. The combat, crafting, free-running and everything else has all been revamped. I bought this game the day it came out and it has quickly become my favorite Assassin's Creed.

Can't wait for the PC release, already have it pre-ordered.
  57. Nov 4, 2013
    I was a little worried at buying this game, even though I had already read a few reviews that said it was better than any of the other AC games. I had played every AC and after AC3 I said that I wouldn't buy another one until the game became something worth wasting time playing. Black flag is that game. It is incredible, magnifique, and worth throwing some dinero at. All the glory of navalI was a little worried at buying this game, even though I had already read a few reviews that said it was better than any of the other AC games. I had played every AC and after AC3 I said that I wouldn't buy another one until the game became something worth wasting time playing. Black flag is that game. It is incredible, magnifique, and worth throwing some dinero at. All the glory of naval combat is worth the price of admission as it is, let alone plundering islands, stealing money and goods from plantations, and discovering new locations of the sea. Recruiting the crew and upgrading your beautiful ship are other small parts of the game that make it even more fun. You can spend hours at sea (literally) and be completely satisfied with your gaming experience. Throw some money and go be a pirate! Expand
  58. Nov 7, 2013
    When i bought Black Flag I expected the same repetitive game as it was in the other Assassin Creed games and it was for the most part which isn't a bad thing however I wished they changed the controlls back to AC1 and AC2 but thats not the point. What really suprised me was the naval gameplay portion of the game. There is so much to explore on the seas for it is your only means of travelWhen i bought Black Flag I expected the same repetitive game as it was in the other Assassin Creed games and it was for the most part which isn't a bad thing however I wished they changed the controlls back to AC1 and AC2 but thats not the point. What really suprised me was the naval gameplay portion of the game. There is so much to explore on the seas for it is your only means of travel instead of moving through waypoints on land. you can Board other ships and steal their resources to make your ship even stronger. Then there are the naval convoys and my favorite part the Legendary Ships (these things are like floating islands). I have spent 25 hours of the game just on the seas exploring and clearing islands before touching the story. I took off one point because the story is weak but does touch back to AC3 so no spoilers however I feel this game should of ended there now they are trying to milk it lol). I say This game is a must buy Expand
  59. Nov 11, 2013
    This game would've get a 10/10 if it didn't have a certain 'legacy' to protect. As a pirate game this was nearly excellent, but the true beaut is in the pace changing of the game. There are awesome and huge naval battles, but there is also a great stealth system. The greatness is that both of these work well and both of them have their places. The story is something new and the charactersThis game would've get a 10/10 if it didn't have a certain 'legacy' to protect. As a pirate game this was nearly excellent, but the true beaut is in the pace changing of the game. There are awesome and huge naval battles, but there is also a great stealth system. The greatness is that both of these work well and both of them have their places. The story is something new and the characters we're unique and mostly very entertaining.

But to me, that isn't what the series are all about. To me, it's about the feeling, the spirit! You have to feel that you're the goddamn angel of death. I felt that when running in the roofs of Venice, but since that it has been facing away. Here it has returned, with the feeling of freedom that Caribbean offers. Endless activities and places to visit, the weather simulations, the crew singing, the ocean! All of those are great and they all make this the 2nd best game in the series this far.

I recommend this game to everyone because of it's versatility. Both new players and long-time AC-fan like me will find something to like in it.
  60. Nov 16, 2013
    Best assasin's game I have ever played. Climate, graphics, not too much run. Of course ships battles, great pleasure to be on the sail and board some spanish ship
  61. Nov 4, 2013
    I am absolutely stunned by the sheer joy I get out of this Assassin's Creed. The world and possibilities are so vast this time. It just all fits very well. After hours of plundering, I can say I am positively surprised about the fact that this Assassin's Creed has "it" for me. For the first time since AC2, I feel they've put an element of perfection in the game. It was totally worth theI am absolutely stunned by the sheer joy I get out of this Assassin's Creed. The world and possibilities are so vast this time. It just all fits very well. After hours of plundering, I can say I am positively surprised about the fact that this Assassin's Creed has "it" for me. For the first time since AC2, I feel they've put an element of perfection in the game. It was totally worth the money and time! Expand
  62. Nov 5, 2013
    Best of series outside of Assassin's Creed 2. Love the open world combat and I love that they throw you right into the action as opposed to Assassin's Creed 3's five hour long tutorial. I love completing each island in the hope of fully upgrading my ship. Only issue being that Uplay kicked out every once in a while stopping me from playing the Kenway's Fleet minigame.
  63. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is amazing The exploration is the best thing. the combat was upgraded and so was the counter system well worth the price. usually i can play AC for an hour at most but with black flag i have to force myself to put the controller down.
  64. Oct 30, 2015
    Best action adventure open-world game and great environment and one of the best games in that year and assassin's creed franchise and the next two games unity and syndicate are having awesome gameplay content.
  65. Nov 2, 2013
    If you are looking for a game that will immerse you in its amazing atmosphere and world with dynamic graphics and different ways to analyze the gameplay look no further AC4 is here and this is the boost the franchise needed way back when Ac Brotherhood was announced.The problem is in the multiplayer it is fun for about 9-12 hours of playing but after that well i guess you have to findIf you are looking for a game that will immerse you in its amazing atmosphere and world with dynamic graphics and different ways to analyze the gameplay look no further AC4 is here and this is the boost the franchise needed way back when Ac Brotherhood was announced.The problem is in the multiplayer it is fun for about 9-12 hours of playing but after that well i guess you have to find something else to do Expand
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    THAT IS AN AWESOME GAME MAN! IT`S SOOOO COOOOL!!!!!!! I love ASSASSINS!!! NICE GAMEPLAY, GRAPHICS, AND VISUALS! THIS GAME IS VERY NICE!!! OXD OXD OXD OXD
  67. Nov 17, 2013
    In AC4, you follow the life of a privateer turned pirate turned assassin, Edward Kenway. This game, however, mostly ignores the conflict between Assassins and Templars.
  68. Nov 7, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed Black Flag is a solid step up from the previous games, while it retains the core stealth assassination aspects of the game the story line has been re grafted around the life and times of a pirate captain which provides a more balanced and accessible gaming experience which would give it a wider appeal to more gamers. You can choose which aspect to focus on and advance theAssassin’s Creed Black Flag is a solid step up from the previous games, while it retains the core stealth assassination aspects of the game the story line has been re grafted around the life and times of a pirate captain which provides a more balanced and accessible gaming experience which would give it a wider appeal to more gamers. You can choose which aspect to focus on and advance the story as you please with plenty of side missions and exploration to ignore or investigate along the way.

The story line is not a heavy presence in the game, that may please some but not all, the real world non historical persona of the character is nearly minimal and far less obtrusive than before.

The game play mechanic is essentially the same with the addition of the new ability to pilot a ship and engaged in ship to ship warfare which is well done. The graphics are of high quality with the exception of the game world edge zones which are just annoying and the Hud which can get a little cluttered if there is a lot going on. The upgrade system is good, but some items do require additional real world purchases to obtain which is disappointing.

An excellent AS game, it is well rounded, engaging and much better than the previous two games. An excellent point for those who have not played the series before to enter and enjoy. Wait until the price is not ridiculous and then put this one on your shelf, you will not be sorry.
  69. Nov 5, 2013
    It took me a while to make an honest opinion. Those who wrote their comments on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd day, didn't wrote a review after understanding the game.

In start you just feel that graphics has been improved in much much much better way. Then as the story passes you feel newness and new strategies. I bet you cant explore the whole world in 2 or 3 days. There is lot lot lot to explore and lotto do. Pirates part is beautiful. Castle are superb. Graphics are of high class. Missions has new tactics. I can write a lot on it.

It is the best game.
  70. Nov 2, 2013
    The game features original stealth system and a beautiful open world!A great story,good graphic.The game is enclosed in one original ecosystem!The game has something Activities
  71. Nov 6, 2013
    Fantastic game! Best in the series since the glorious Assassin's Creed 2 and fixes almost all of the issues of the divisive Assassin's Creed 3. Black Flag delivers a beautiful open world experience which is as good as other open world games we have seen this gen, like Red Dead Redemption and Far Cry 3!
  72. Nov 7, 2013
    superb game! great mix of assasins creed 2 and brotherhood plus the pirates theme and gemeplay is amazing! it's a must buy for all real gamers. A great game no matter what the critics say it is a great game
  73. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the best AC so far, great graphics and smooth game play..and as ever some good story and relaxing soundtrack..mixed with the android app so you can send your fleet on missions it makes for a nd fun and realistic game play..
  74. Nov 6, 2013
    Wow Samax22 I hope you're not expecting anyone to take your review seriously, jaysus. First off, this game is great, absolutely beautiful, there is a lot of stuff to do.Very addicting, I played over 30 hours in my first session. It will take you about 60 hours or more to do the main story, explore every location, and to do most of the side quest. Characters are pretty good as well,Wow Samax22 I hope you're not expecting anyone to take your review seriously, jaysus. First off, this game is great, absolutely beautiful, there is a lot of stuff to do.Very addicting, I played over 30 hours in my first session. It will take you about 60 hours or more to do the main story, explore every location, and to do most of the side quest. Characters are pretty good as well, Blackbeard and James Kidd are among the standouts. I liked the story except for the ending. Gameplay is good, same as AC3. There are a few things I didn't like, you will spend a lot of time following people around while trying to avoid guards and it can get annoying. And there in not that many missions in each sequence. But overall it's a great game, 9/10 for me. Expand
  75. Nov 5, 2013
    The game is blowing my mind. They've combined all the best elements of all the games before, including Brotherhood, and packed it into what is undeniably the best action adventure game out on the PS3 right now. But don't take my word for it, at least rent it. But I'm thinking the replay value is worth the buy.
  76. Nov 4, 2013
    Assassins Creed IV is a phenomenal gaming experience this is truly the best assassins creed to date. The graphics is gorgeous the controls are smooth and the game is extremely fun and quickly becomes addictive. Ubisoft once again delivered a phenomenal game.

Being a true die hard fan of the assassins creed games I was not let down one bit by this game it is a flawless gaming experience and one I will enjoy for many more hours and years to come.

If you played all the assassins creed games then I highly recommend this for you because simply you won't be disappointed a bit. Each assassins creed game was phenomenal but the fourth installment is by far the most superior one of them all.

Thank you Ubisoft for delivering and making such an amazing game and I look forward to the future ahead wit Ubisoft
  77. Nov 3, 2013
    Very interesting open world with excellent Naval navigation and boat fight. A lot of frustration from ACIII disapear with smart upgrades like economic system, hunting, and it's bug free On the ground, Parkour and jumping aren't precise enough for me, and AI is so dumb. But sword fight and assassinate is always the force of the game (more and more brutal). The Story is good withVery interesting open world with excellent Naval navigation and boat fight. A lot of frustration from ACIII disapear with smart upgrades like economic system, hunting, and it's bug free On the ground, Parkour and jumping aren't precise enough for me, and AI is so dumb. But sword fight and assassinate is always the force of the game (more and more brutal). The Story is good with charismatic pirates, and a good evolution. but like in every open world, it's sometime difficult to maintain the rythm. Seemless transitions between cinematic and gameplay are on the good way. To be honest, it's a good opus (more pirate than assassin and you could appreciate the multiplayer upgrade too. Expand
  78. Nov 26, 2013
    Pros-
    *Vast and Beautiful World
    *Distinctive cities and locations to see
    *Edward is Epic

*Repetition in story mission
    *Kinda lost that Assassins Creed Edge

Overall a way much better than AC3 an absolute amazing game
  79. Nov 3, 2013
    Guys, the AC series is one of the best video games ever made. Yeah AC4 brings some things from AC2 like exploration but the are a lot of things that are better in AC4: 1.the Jackdaw is like the AC3 manor. In AC3 you needed to upgrade it in order to unlock some upgrades to the weapons. The Jackdaw is more resistent if you upgrade it.
    2. There are new weapons in the game like the dual
    2. There are new weapons in the game like the dual swords, the blow pipe, berzerk pipe, and the best of them all the 4 pistols that have free aiming.
    3. the treasures are all over the world
    4.you can hunt sharks.
    So before leaving a negative review to this game, please PLAY IT!
  80. Nov 6, 2013
    i was not in the mood to write a review, but i thought this one deserves some props. when i first started playing, i was thinking brotherhood, which i did like. as i continued to play it just kept getting better. there is so much to do. the side missions and challenges were rewarding and challenging. the choice to do inland or sea missions was great because sometimes your mood wantsi was not in the mood to write a review, but i thought this one deserves some props. when i first started playing, i was thinking brotherhood, which i did like. as i continued to play it just kept getting better. there is so much to do. the side missions and challenges were rewarding and challenging. the choice to do inland or sea missions was great because sometimes your mood wants something different. the ship action was fun. i can't imagine why some didn't like this unless they don't like ac games. this is probably my favorite ac game so far. thank you ubi for a awesome game. the only thing i didn't like about this was that you can't attack the characters that aren't part of the mission. i like being able to interact with the innocent like in brotherhood. you can run into them or not them off of the docks, but that's pretty much it. great game still, just bring back the cheap attacks on the innocent...sounds bad, but it added a little mischievousness to the game. Expand
  81. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm a big fan of the ac series. ac1 was awesome, ac2 was amazing, brotherhood was pretty good, revelation was crap, ac3 was terrible, but ac4 is probably my favorite out of the whole series. although ezio is still a better character with a better story, I still loved Edward as well. just get the game!
  82. Nov 6, 2013
    The 1st AC I played was III. About 4 months ago. I stopped playing before opening up anything major due to weird control issues. I got II about a month and a half ago, hearing it was the best one, and wanting to get to know the story before Black Flag came out. I burned through ACII & Brotherhood. I loved them both. Revelations is a beautiful game. The tower defense game people complainThe 1st AC I played was III. About 4 months ago. I stopped playing before opening up anything major due to weird control issues. I got II about a month and a half ago, hearing it was the best one, and wanting to get to know the story before Black Flag came out. I burned through ACII & Brotherhood. I loved them both. Revelations is a beautiful game. The tower defense game people complain about can be avoided by visiting the heralds. I was going to finish Revelations before picking up black flag, but could not resist.
    Black Flag is a Pirate game first and foremost. A GREAT pirate game. Since November 1st I have hardly stopped(November 9th today...wow... 8 days, gone, just like that). I am at 52% completed and the game awesome.
    I took a break from it yesterday and put Revelations back on and enjoyed a great 1 hour session playing the older Ezio. During that session I got to compare straight up(I also collected the 3rd disc and got to play Altair, seeing what happened to his youngest son and wife.. Revelations rocks as well...making the "Ezio Trilogy" the best Assassin "game".
    BUT!!!
    If you want Pirates!?!

AC4:Black Flag IS the game for you!
  83. Dec 8, 2013
    this is the best ac game the best part are the fights you can have with your ship the whole pirate theme is really good the online is pretty fun but no one is better than ezio and thats why is not a ten on ten
  84. Dec 26, 2013
    So the assassin's creed franchise continues to amaze gamers with this game being set it the pirate time era it calls for great pirate gameplay,fun and shenanigans. You play the role of Edward Kenway farther to Haythem Kenway [Charter from AC3]. I played this on ps3 and the game looks good for how a PS3 game also on next gen game should be. It brings over the naval combat from AC3 and isSo the assassin's creed franchise continues to amaze gamers with this game being set it the pirate time era it calls for great pirate gameplay,fun and shenanigans. You play the role of Edward Kenway farther to Haythem Kenway [Charter from AC3]. I played this on ps3 and the game looks good for how a PS3 game also on next gen game should be. It brings over the naval combat from AC3 and is stella the naval combat is definitely the best bit of the game. Where the naval combat is great the hand to hand combat really sucks press square to attack and press circle to counter in coming attacks adding pistol and other weapons to the combat that have other effects. The stealth feels really lame in this game with it being used less and less from other assassin's creed games. The charters such as Edward and your pirate crew are really awesome but you never feel like a pirate your crew always loves you and nothing really fell as your a pirate. The world in this game is amazing from the giant open ocean and vass epic landscapes are great to play in felt as a massive expanded far cry 3. The Desmond story dosen't continue
    in this game [thankfully] instead you play as you and go into the animus to play as Edward and do all the epic pirate snazz. The misson types are great ranging from a wide range of activates to do and plenty of side quest, hunting and plenty more. Assassin's Creed 4 black flag is my favourite assassin's creed game ever the pirate theme is great its well packed with a great open world but it still lacks in the combat which lets the game down for they really need to fix this in the instalment of the franchise The final verdict is a 8.5 a Great game and this defiantly one not to miss this holiday season
  85. Dec 20, 2013
    I really wanted to give this game a 9.5, but I rounded to 10.

Let me start off by saying that this is my first Assassin's Creed game. I have been reluctant to start one for a while since I figured I didn't know the story or game-play. I easily jumped right into the game. The controls are pretty basic and the gameplay is fairly easy to grasp. I would suggest looking up some major
    I really wanted to give this game a 9.5, but I rounded to 10.

I easily jumped right into the game. The controls are pretty basic and the gameplay is fairly easy to grasp. I would suggest looking up some major plot points before starting, though not really necessary. I do not love this game because of the story, but rather the open world pirate setting. It baffles me that it took this long for a pirate game of this quality to be made.

I am still curious as to whether I would like another Assassin's Creed game due to somewhat repetitive trailing missions, but this was the perfect dose for me.
  86. Dec 26, 2013
    I thought no AC game could top AC2, but then this game came out, and it was by far the best assassin's creed game I have ever played, and easily the best game I have ever played, after playing the last of us this year, I said it was my favorite game ever, but this game topped it, you should really buy it
  87. May 13, 2014
    As I said in my AC3 review, I would eventually come to my senses to make a review on AC4. While I am unfortunate not to catch the series right from the start, I will say that any game that requires the player to play the previous games to grasp the story might as well just give up trying to do so. What does that say for AC4? Well, surprisingly enough in the span of sequelitis, AC4As I said in my AC3 review, I would eventually come to my senses to make a review on AC4. While I am unfortunate not to catch the series right from the start, I will say that any game that requires the player to play the previous games to grasp the story might as well just give up trying to do so. What does that say for AC4? Well, surprisingly enough in the span of sequelitis, AC4 actually fares much better than AC3, not only in gameplay aspects or HUD gimmicks but also trying to get more newcomers invested in the story of before, as being out of the animus I got a more thematic glimpse of the late Desmond Miles (although he won't be missed) in a way that made me feel more compelled to play the previous games. Now, pushing that aside apart from the awkward First-Person animation and the 'silent protagonist gutting' they decided to do apart from the usual 3rd person perspective, the true fun and experience is inside the animus itself.

The pirate life shines fully in this so to say 'simulation', as you get to feel the aesthetic, the glory, the triumph, and even the failures of the golden age of piracy. You get to meet many of the infamous pirates such as Edward Teach, Calico Jack, Black Bart, and a load more whom have such invigorating personality that they have you hugged into the pirate life. The naval exploration has vastly improved from it's predecessor, and while the previous alone was great, they made that aspect even greater. Sea Shanties, sunken ships, intense naval battles and boarding ships, and even fighting mother nature itself all prove to satisfy the excitement and luster of that romanticized pirate age. Not only that, but ship customization has been expanded greatly, now much more visual and more indepth, with what I have to say is some of the finer qualities of water physics out there apart from others. Unfortunately, all this pirate theming has greatly taken away the aspect of the Templars and the Assassin's, in a way sort of taking a backseat to all the pirate booty and treasure. Besides that, visuals have greatly improved, even the parkor tree climbing is now much more dynamic than it's predecessor with few repeat ferns. The HUD is also a lot less confusing, and while I have to complain why they always have to change the HUD every bloody time they make a game, I still find this one a lot less teeth-grinding than in AC3. Gameplay, well hasn't really changed all that much, although now bushes can be more greatly used to keep yourself hidden. The few new weapons that you can use are the sleep darts and berserk darts, which help since now enemies have individual stealth indicators ala Far Cry 3, which also makes the game less of a chore. Also, crafting in the game is also a lot less confusing from it's predecessor as well, taking inspiration from Far Cry 3 (as a matter of fact, a lotof different aspects from here take what worked well in FC3). But most importantly of all improvements is the story and characters, with Edward Kenway being a much more capable and charismatic figure rather than the lifeless Connor (or his native american name, which I won't even try to spell). The characters around him also spur a variety of colors, rather than blending into one another per scene. You even get to see a relatively accurate portrayal of the exploits of those aforementioned pirate captains, such as Teach's bombardment of camps for medicine, or Mary Read's crossdressing (that was the most disturbing part of this game for me), and they all do it with enough spirit that I could tell that the actors were having a lot of fun voicing these characters, ESPECIALLY Blackbeard, who is the best out of all of them. The story also improves the idea of the First Civilization and of what happened after Desmond's ultimate fate, as I said before making me more interested in the AC Lore than I was before. I will end this review with saying that typically, sequels only get worse from their original or predecessor and only few times do they get better, but I have to say that Assassin's Creed Four actually manages to do the impossible and be better than AC3 and possibly as good as AC2 (I wouldn't know, since I haven't played it) While I can't give it a perfect rating, since there is still some gameplay exploits not fixed in AC3 and still quite a few stealth syntax errors, AC4 puts the AC franchise back in with the big guns.
  88. Jul 3, 2014
    As i have played only revelations and the third one little bit. The Black Flag surprised me quickly it's interesting story. The graphics fit in well and gameplay is my favorite and fantastic. And also the sailing on the sea, it just perfect game. I would also say that it's the second best game of 2013 after GTA V :). Great game and must to have in ur collection. Deserves 9/10
  89. Dec 30, 2013
    Top game absolutely great fun and I wish I had picked it sooner rather than later.
    I love nearly all aspects of this game from free running to taking control of a full sized galleon but if there is any criticism I would say the online modes are most definitely the worst I've played in recent years which is a crying shame as the rest of the game is a joy to play.
  90. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Since the release of GTA V, this is the highest score I am giving to a game. I played almost all of the AC games. Not particularly a fan of them ,but I enjoyed most of them a lot. The only games I haven't played are Assassin's Creed III and Liberation. I didn't expect anything major when I first inserted the disc in my console, but just when you don't expect it, miracles happen. I found myself playing for 5 straight hours with a bunch of soda cans to my left, and some sandwich left overs to my right. The game just dragged me in, in some sort.

Apparently, you play as Edward Kenway, a privateer who takes down a rogue member of the Assassins and assumes his identity in order to make some profit about himself. Kenway is a really good character, perhaps my favorite videogame character of all times. He is charismatic, mature and yet pretty naive in a few occasions. Very relatable, to say the least. There are also some very interesting historical figures that make an appearance in this game, like Stede Bonnet, the failed pirate, Edward Thatch also known as the devilish Blackbeard, Bartholomew Roberts, Benjamin Hornigold and more. The voicework is also perfect, and the dialogue makes the characters feel very lively.

What makes Assassin's Creed IV so addicting is the world that surrounds it and the number of activities you can do. You have your own ship, with your own crew, with which you can attack other ships and steal their cargo. You can go hunting, or diving around shipwrecks in an attempt to find lost treasures. It's all up to you, really. After I was done with the campaign, I spent most of my time shooting berserker darts at a bunch of guards in Kingston and then had fun watching them brawl with each other. It's all up to you on how you wanna spend your free time, really. The main campaign is not something to be noted, though. With a handful of missions being quite repetitive, but all of the sandbox games suffer from that, even GTA V.

Overall, I think the game totally deserves it's score. It's the best games in the franchise, and probably one of the best games released in PS3 this year. It's totally worth your cash.
  91. Apr 12, 2014
    Simply magnficent, i really hate the AC3 Battles of ship, it was going to push me far from the serie, but when they make AC4 everything that was horrible on the AC3 was corrected, the battles in the ships are really enjoyable, but like all AC i vote tha the worst is the online, i don't think this game needs multiplayer it's reaaly not funny at all!
  92. Jan 12, 2014
    AC4 is a lot of fun. The game's large map demands exploration and the naval element of the game is refreshing and interesting. The story is acceptable but did not come to the same heights as AC3's emotional and powerful story. The caribbean setting is open and full of life. The cities of Kingston, Havana, and Nassau are each very different and fun to explore. The core stealth and combatAC4 is a lot of fun. The game's large map demands exploration and the naval element of the game is refreshing and interesting. The story is acceptable but did not come to the same heights as AC3's emotional and powerful story. The caribbean setting is open and full of life. The cities of Kingston, Havana, and Nassau are each very different and fun to explore. The core stealth and combat mechanics remain basically untouched from AC3 which is both a plus and a minus. It was nice to be able to pick up AC4 and play it without anything new to learn. However, it would have been nice to introduce a deeper combo system. The weapons in AC4 are also pretty limitting being restricted to carrying two swords and only being able to temporarily pick up other weapons. After AC3's large catalogue of swords, tomahawks, daggers, and heavy weapons, AC4 seems like a step down in terms of weapon choice. However, the expansive setting full of rich side quests and missions including hunts for treasure, underwater shipwrecks, island and cave explorations, and plenty of assassination missions make up for any let downs in story or weapon choice. Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag is an excellent game. Expand
  93. Dec 18, 2013
    Black Flag has greatly improved on the previous installments of Assassin's Creed, for the most part... First of all there is a huge, beautifully detailed open world for you to explore, with dozens of islands and secrets to uncover. Riding around as the captain of your own ship plundering booty and recruiting crew has never been so much fun. Battles are well done and the cannon mechanicsBlack Flag has greatly improved on the previous installments of Assassin's Creed, for the most part... First of all there is a huge, beautifully detailed open world for you to explore, with dozens of islands and secrets to uncover. Riding around as the captain of your own ship plundering booty and recruiting crew has never been so much fun. Battles are well done and the cannon mechanics have been polished, you can can customize your ship with new sails and other decorations. The combat is sharp and the stealth has been improved upon, however, the selection of weapons available to you has actually been reduced, which I found unimpressive. The story, while taken in a different direction from past games, is very compelling and will draw you into the world. The soundtrack is wonderful, being appropriately powerful or tense in given situations. The multiplayer is nicely presented though I thought some of the modes could have been done better, especially "Wolfpack" where you find yourself in a team with other online players constantly running to targets assassinating them and protecting chests, this felt rather cluttered and the narrating woman's voice was quite annoying after repeating the same phrase 20 times in 2 minutes. Black Flag still suffers from numerous glitches, repetitve missions and frustrating moments where free running doesn't work as well as it should, but this is without a doubt still a very enjoyable, beautiful game with tons to do. Expand
  94. Nov 17, 2013
    I've just started this great adventure that we call Black Flag, and I have to say plainly and simply. Wow. Just when I thought Assassins Creed was reaching the end of its days, it comes in and brings this next exciting installment to the stage. With this, they have secured the franshises future for years to come, Bravo!!!
  95. Dec 2, 2013
    After the release of Assassin's Creed II, the series became an annual release franchise. Ubisoft eases inevitable gamer fatigue by making major changes to each new game to come. Brotherhood brought in a well-received ability to create your own Assassin's Order, which the player could call upon in combat. Revelations brought in a less-successful brand of tower defense mini-games and IIIAfter the release of Assassin's Creed II, the series became an annual release franchise. Ubisoft eases inevitable gamer fatigue by making major changes to each new game to come. Brotherhood brought in a well-received ability to create your own Assassin's Order, which the player could call upon in combat. Revelations brought in a less-successful brand of tower defense mini-games and III brought in a new system of homestead missions as well as naval based combat that was highly successful. Black Flag is a bit different in those regards. Black Flag took the naval mechanics of III and expanded on it, creating an open world, and an entire game, in itself. Its the most successful series of mechanics the series has seen in years.

With a new age comes a new hero; Captain Edward Kenway. This new assassin isn't like
    the previous heroes in the series. Where as our past heroes fought for honor, justice, and freedom, Edward 's motive is pretty straight forward; to make himself some coin. Edward became a pirate so that
    he could get money (a lot of money) and that remains when he enters into the assassin order. Preferring the “everything is permitted” side of the creed, Edward kills and plunders to his heart's content. During the majority of the game, this remains until the last few hours when his character finally develops into a hero fans are willing to root for.

The story itself is very similar to the character of Edward in fact; straight forward and bland.
    Aside from his search for the “Observatory,” Edward has no real motive, antagonist, even loyalty, making his character arc the weakest in the series so far. The characters you meet can be your friends one scene and your enemies in the next. These transitions are poorly executed and abrupt, leaving only a few characters feeling truly fleshed out. The plot also makes the game feel very separated as an Assassin's Creed game. Considering Edward spends so little time affiliating with the assassins and more with pirates, you'll sometimes think your not playing an Assassin's Creed game. In the end, however when your stabbing, climbing, and eliminating Templars, you'll feel familiarity take you home.

As for the present day story, I would stay away from it entirely. Following the story of the previous game, you take the role of an Absetergo Entertainment (not Industries) employee who uses the Animus to research the life of Edward for a future Abstergo project. The present day story itself is nonsense and feels separated from the previous entries as if its taking place in another universe entirely. Filled with lame hacking puzzles and little to explore, this is a feature to stay away from as much as possible. I couldn't get into the Animus any faster.

As for the missions, there is plenty of variety here. The main campaign is filled with lame tail/eavesdrop missions that will keep you sighing every time. The side missions however will keep you
    begging for more. As well as a vast open sea to explore filled with small islands beaming with chests and animus fragments, sunken ships filled with treasures, and massive forts and enemies to plunder.

On land, familiarity takes over. Edward stabs and climbs as his ancestors before. Straying away from the towering monuments of the previous games, you'll be sticking to smaller cities with a few forts and castles here and there. The environments are all beautifully rendered, from the Caribbean jungles to the towering buildings of Kingston. There is plenty to do in each city, from chests to find, viewpoints and sea shanties, even animals to hunt to upgrade Edward's weapons and pouches. There is also assassin contracts as well as missions tied to collecting five Templar keys to unlock some sweet armor. The combat has been refined from the previous game, making it more comfortable when combating multiple foes. This creates fast high paced action sequences all the more fun with a new weapon selection system, making combat simplified.

On sea however, you enter a whole new world. The massive scope of the West Indies is exciting to explore, filled with activities to keep the player entertained.

You take wheel of your ship “The Jackdaw,” armed to the teeth and filled with a crew all your own. The naval gameplay has been modified this time around creating a more flexible way to pilot your ship and combat. Instead of a weapon wheel, the weapon you fire is dictated by the direction the camera’s facing, so looking to the side means that the broadside cannons are active, while looking behind gets the fire barrels ready to drop. This makes the combat simplified and easy to learn. As for the crew, they are my personal favorite element of the game. Your crew takes a major role in plundering as they will help in your success in plundering. As you sail your crew will sing sea shanties (that you can acquire more of through collectibles) as well as comment on your actions such as abandoning ship. It never gets old when you reach for the wheel after a successful looting and your crew cheers for you in your glory and success. The crew is filled with such charm I can't imagine the game without this element. There has been many days where I leave with a shanty or two stuck in my head, constantly humming them throughout my day.

But the naval gameplay doesn't just end there. To survive out in the West Indies, your going to need a powerful ship capable of making Davy Jones quiver in his boots. You'll need plenty of resources to make The Jackdaw into a force to be reckoned with. All of the ships that explore out on the open sea carry plenty of supplies necessary for upgrading the Jackdaw. You can use the captain's spyglass to see what each ship is leveled and what resources each ship carry. You'll be using this a lot to make sure your next assault will really be worth the hassle. These ships won't go down lightly as they will fire back as well as call for reinforcements, so plan accordingly. Once you've withered the ships health down to red, its time to plunder the ship. I encourage all players to plunder a good majority of ships early on as resources are a necessity. If you just destroy a ship without properly plundering it, you only receive half the resources.

Once plundering, you are tasked to completing a few objectives before capturing the ship fully, some include killing a certain amount of crew members and destroying the enemy flag. As you jump abroad the enemy ship, this is where things can get a little hectic, as combat can get feel really crammed on the deck of a ship. With enemy soldiers fully surrounding you as well as combating your fellow crew-mates, you be constantly wondering who has their shot aimed at you. As you successfully plunder the ship, you will be given a few as to what to do next, repair the Jackdaw from its previous battle scars, remove your current wanted level, or send the now captured ship into your own fleet.

Edward's Fleet is a new gameplay element similarly to the Assassins' order mechanics from Brotherhood. You can access your own personal fleet inside the Jackdaw's captain's quarters. Its here where you can manage your ships, access trade routes, and combat other ships to acquire more resources. As you send your ships off to locations, an in-game timer is set often taking a few hours for ships to get there and back. As your fleet returns, fortune follows with treasure maps and outfits, as well as coin and upgrades for the Jackdaw. The experience is completely optional however, but I would suggest using it ever now and again.

Multiplayer returns once again in as high of quality as ever. It won't knock off Grand Theft Auto Online or Call of Duty off their pedestals but it is definitive an enjoyable experience through and through. Wolfpack returns once again for co-op based missionary where players team up to hunt NPCs as well as a new Game Labs mode. In Game Labs, players can create their own game types and share them with friends and other players. “Pistoleer” was a personal favorite of mine, where a player is given the abilities, shield and disguise, and players can only kill using a pistol. This made matches feel intense, leaving me paranoid and careful of every move I made.

Despite its story flaws, frustrating stealth gameplay, and sometimes glitchy world, Assassin's Creed 4 is a hard game to put down. Some elements have been crafted to fit for a better experience. You'll notice the lack of tutorial missions as well as a redefined weapon selection system assigned to the d-pad, making the game easier to pick up for new players. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience much more than the last few games in the series, but it still hasn't reached its full potential just yet. Once you get through the few rough tides, its all smooth sailing here on in.
  96. Jan 9, 2014
    My hopes were Assassin's Creed 4 would be much better than the underwelming, Assssin's Creed 3 (mainly due to the ending).

The story isn't the best in the franchise but it is well done, For future Assassins Creed games keep The Optional Objectives out of the game, it makes missions more linear if you want that 100%. Naval combat has made a return and better than ever. My favourite

Naval combat has made a return and better than ever.

My favourite parts of the game were the side missions from Assassin Contracts to simply a game of checkers.

The Open World is great you can explore the vast sea and access Havana,Nassau and Kingston along with small villages you even get you're own village, you can customize so it has Shops,Taverns etc.

Despite Assassin's Creed II being the top of the franchise this is my 2nd Favourite Assassin's Creed game

97. Dec 4, 2013
    First I have to say Assassin's Creed is by far my favourite game series. and this installment is the best by far. the characters are all lovable and deep, especially the protagonist. the story is interesting and keeps you emotionally invested all the way through. (There is one moment that brought tears in my eyes...) All the land locations are recreated with the care we have come to expectFirst I have to say Assassin's Creed is by far my favourite game series. and this installment is the best by far. the characters are all lovable and deep, especially the protagonist. the story is interesting and keeps you emotionally invested all the way through. (There is one moment that brought tears in my eyes...) All the land locations are recreated with the care we have come to expect from Ubisoft (especially Havana.) and the missions are all interesting. but it's the freedom to explore the open seas, the naval combat and the upgrading of the Jackdaw that make the game rise above the others in the franchise. the open world of the Caribbean is a joy to explore and plunder. it's a masterpiece. 10 for me. Expand
  98. Jan 19, 2014
    The BEST AC since the 2nd. Such a great story, so many collectibles, so much to do, maybe the best AC ever, and one of the best Action/Adventure games of 2013.
  99. Dec 31, 2013
    Amazing, beautiful, and epic. This game is definitely the best AC game yet, there is soo much stuff to do and yes after a while it does get slightly repetitive but not really in a bad way. The story is simple, but still pretty good and perfectly captures the way of life during the Golden Age of Piracy. Graphics are amazing, way better than AC3 and Edward Kenway is a much more excitingAmazing, beautiful, and epic. This game is definitely the best AC game yet, there is soo much stuff to do and yes after a while it does get slightly repetitive but not really in a bad way. The story is simple, but still pretty good and perfectly captures the way of life during the Golden Age of Piracy. Graphics are amazing, way better than AC3 and Edward Kenway is a much more exciting character than Connor. The only problem I had with this game is the controls, Edward disobeys my command every now and then which sometimes has fatal consequences. Its a 9/10 game, I gave it a 10 because it deserves a higher User Score. 8.1 for this? No way should be 9.5. Expand
  100. Jan 1, 2014
    I cant stop playing this game its got everything you need, great graphics, good story, awesome mechanics and barely any lag im pretty sure most gamers would enjoy this game

1. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2013
    All the distinguishing features of the series – the Templars, parkour and brutal assassinations – are here, but now they are not the core, they are just elements of the best pirate game ever, of a Red Dead Redemption at sea. [13/2013, p.52]
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Black Flag is a remarkably new take on the series, and I would go as far to say it’s the finest entry we’ve seen to date.
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    With the new Assassin’s Creed we find ourselves in the Caribbean with a new main character called Edward Kenway. Black Flag focuses on the sea battles we saw in the third game and continues with this, with some new additions. Overall, you’ll be busy for a while – 40 hours, give or take – but the story isn’t that compelling.