7.5

1. Oct 19, 2014
    Revelations follows master assassin Ezio Auditore as he walks in the footsteps of his legendary mentor, Altair, on a journey to recover five ancient seals that hold the keys to the future of the Assassins brotherhood. It's a perilous path - one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.
  2. Oct 13, 2014
    After having experienced the wonders of AC II and Brotherhood, my expectations were high. However, Ubisoft wanted to evade the challenge factor of it's ancestors and also Tower Defense.
    6/10 - Ben Hazelden
  3. Aug 27, 2014
    Although i think Ubisoft has stretched Ezio story a bit too far this installment was kind of necessary because of that ludicrous ending in Brotherhood. About Revelations well it's as good as ever with the AC series.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: The older Ezio offers the story a wise charm and charisma.
    PRESENTATION: As long as there are mithical cities all over the world thhis game cannot not
    shine. Constantinople/Istambul is the game's main character.
    GAMEPLAY: Awesome as always. Same formula over and over and we can't get enough of it except for the Den Defense. Ubisoft tried to innovate but this mode is not a good one.
    ONLINE: Started with Brotherhood and continued with Revelations. No problems here. You'll spend a lot of time playing it. Yes it's that good.
    Hope we see the end of Ezio with Revelations but i have no reason to be sad with this installment.
  4. Aug 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed : Revelations
    Game-play:The same as the previous 2 games
    Story:An average story but in the end the game conclude very good a very good ending for the protagonists Ezio and Altair.It takes about 8 to 9 hours
    Graphics:It haven't been improved from AC2
    Notes:The hookblade is awesome,the same mistake as brotherhood only one city but this time the city is well made and fun
    to explore,better than AC brotherhood,i recommend to buy it when the price drops Expand
  5. Aug 12, 2014
    A rather needless entry in the series, served mainly as filler in order to get their game-every-year quota out. The new mechanic of tower defence is an unnecessary side quest, and the "out of the animus" sections as Desmond serve very little purpose bar scraps of information on his past.
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    9.5 (rounded up to 10).

Revelations can be summed up in one word: remarkable. For a series that produces entries every year, it is amazing that things are this good. Skylanders is a major cash in and COD has been lacking innovation since MW2, but every Assassin's Creed has been amazing and addictive. Revelations is no exception.

It kicks off with a beautiful cinematic, that sees an
    aged Ezio travelling to Masyaf to uncover the secrets of his ancestor Altair. Captured and about to be killed, he makes a brave escape and so begins the most memorable first level in series history, which gives us an assassination in the first hour. Once again, story is high priority. The present day sections are very disappointing (first person puzzle levels should be left to Portal), but Ezio is as entertaining as ever. This time he's in Constantiople (the smallest open world in series history, but also the most believable and lifelike) and he's got a few tasks to complete: he becomes embroiled in a war between two factions, is still after the Templars, is managing his duties as Master Assassin, is chasing down mysterious memory discs and is wooing a new woman. Busy fella! The story is longer than Brotherhood's and is more effective, even if there really isn't a main villain and way too many supporting characters.

The gameplay has barely changed. The economy is simpler, but more refreshing, the combat hasn't really gotten any new features (weapons are all that changes the gameplay) and the free running is still as fluid, even if Ezio is about to pop out a hip bone. The hook blade is a great weapon though and zipping around town is a brilliant experience that thrills. So what is innovated- the brotherhood mechanics mostly. Gathering an army of assassins still feels empowering and levelling them up and giving them new gear is rewarding in its own little way. The base attacks are just plain bad though. The new tower defence mechanics are pretty polished and work well, but why are they in Assassin's Creed? It really feels like Ubisoft was scraping the bottom of the barrel for new ideas before the innovative third numbered entry. Thankfully, I rarely had to do any.

Multiplayer returns, with new modes, new missions and new characters. It still feels out of place in AC cannon, but at least it is better than those first person puzzles (I really don't like those). Some great moments can be produced, but I'd rather chase collectibles, assemble my factions and complete side missions in the main game.

Don't believe the reviews because Revelations isn't the weakest entry in AC. It doesn't deserve a 7.5 or a 6, because it is still highly polished, with good graphics, great sound and plenty of content. Enjoy it for what it is, not what it could be!
  7. May 15, 2014
    This is the last of the Ezio series of games, and strangely not set in Italy. Ezio has decided to travel to Turkey, with a very different aesthetic and a lot of minor changes to the game-play.
    For one, the horse-in-town feature of Rome has now been dropped in favour of a 'hook-blade' which allows you to traverse the rooftops quickly in various different ways. I personally didn't enjoy
    this as much as previous ways of exploring games, and found the speed-climb mechanic to a bit unpredictable and frustrating at times. However, it's manageable and doesn't break the game, so changes the pace enough to be new. There are still tunnels - ala Brotherhood - for internal fast-travel but found the game was so close-knit that long distance wasn't necessary until going for the 'extra collectables'.
    I found myself missing the Glyphs, and Puzzles which were ditched for Polo Symbols side -missions, which weren't challenging or particularly rewarding.
    The over-arching narrative of the Animus is basically an after-though for most of this game. With interaction with Subject 16 which gives very little in terms of plot development, and over-hearing the 'outside world' which gives even less plot development.

The ending more than makes up for the downfalls of the game. and while I found the main story of the Saladin and co a little uninteresting, the story of Sofia and the new Turkish 'brotherhood' kept my interest.

The addon features of this game is vast and cluttering of the game. Instead of shop quests we now have bomb making, which is interesting, but barely needed, aside from a single mission there is no need for these bombs at all, and with the continued methods of distracting guards, there is no real need for bombs as distraction techniques. However, I found myself using them just for the sake of it, and definitely prefer this to Shop Quests, but would prefer neither.

Then you have Assassin Defence, which is just a Tower Defence mini-game, which would've worked better as an Android/iOS game than a mini-game, as again, aside from the force game mission introducing it, I never saw it again. The only way to trigger it is to keep your Templar Status at max for a long period of time, but this makes the rest of the game unnecessarily harder, and then just serves to distract as you're left running around defending the dens. Similarly the Assassin Recruits being sent to to capture and defend various cities around the world is a weak and under-developed feature of the game, and aside from 'levelling up' Assassin Recruits, it just serves as another poor mini-game, which can't even be completed 100% without being forced into the weak multiplayer world.

Templar Tombs are basically dropped from this game, and Ezio's charm is watered-down a lot in this game. But again, the ending makes up for the short-comings and is still definitely worth playing.
  8. Nov 20, 2013
    Jugabilidad: Impresionante como puedes manejar todo tipo de armas con total facilidad, pero tiene peros, cuesta mas trabajo enfrentarse a los soldados, es repetivivo y algo aburrido, si tienes la hermandad o el 2, este te daras cuenta que no merece la pena. Tecnologia: Mmmm esta bien, como el 2 y la hermandad. Graficos: la recreacion de la ciudad es pasmosa asi como la expresividad de la gente, en esto empata con su antecesoras. Sonido: uno de los mejores doblajes al castellano que he oido, con actores de primera fila. Aunque la musica no va muy alla, igualmente, esta muy bien. Innovacion: En esto pierde bastante contra sus antecesoras, no innova en absolutamente casi nada... Expand
  9. Nov 16, 2013
    More of the same for the second time. Which isn't a bad thing considering how fun the Assassin's Creed games are and how interesting their unique story is. The new setting is the only refreshment to be seen here though. Oh, almost forgot to mention the weird tower defence minigame. That's definitely something new, but... wth?
  10. Nov 14, 2013
    Once again Ubisoft delivered another superb title which expanded after Brotherhood and Assassins Creed 2. I bought this on PS3 once again and gave it a 9.5 out of 10.
  11. Sep 28, 2013
    Assassin's Creed vuelve exitosamente por la cuarta entrega de la saga, y les digo que es un juego digno de jugar como los anteriores títulos, si bien para mi gusto no supera a las últimas dos entregas, es un juego como siempre totalmente divertido y un sand box imperdible con animaciones y gráficos punzantes.
  12. Sep 21, 2013
    I'm a big fan of the AC series but this one was a let down for me. It was a good ending to the story of Ezio, but the problem was that the game felt too much like Brotherhood so there wasn't really anything new to offer. Same goes with multiplayer, recycled maps from Brotherhood and no different game modes. Regardless of this, I still enjoyed the game and it's storyline, as I loved Brotherhood, but it was unfortunate that nearly no gameplay elements were changed. Expand
  13. Jul 11, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is a huge step in the right direction when compared to its predecessor Brotherhood! However, even telling the story through the perspectives of 2 assassin's isn't enough to keep the game interesting for the 18 hour it takes to complete... It all has that been there done that feel to it in my opinion. Still, if your craving some more Assassin's Creed you should definitely at least give this one a try. Expand
  14. Jun 19, 2013
    Sadly Revelations is probably the worst in the series, it is still a better game than 1 but, unlike 1 it lacks innovation. To it takes steps back words in combat i found it worse than Brotherhood. the story is an improvement over Brotherhood at least. All the additions in this game failed to be any good, tower defense, Desmond sections. It was pretty disappointing,
  15. May 11, 2013
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations Good Points:
    A wiser and beautiful new side of the great Ezio Auditore. HookBlade, it can be useful at times to escape quickly or scape with the zip in the rooftops. SoundTrack just can't get bad in this series and Jesper Kyd retires the franchise (for now) in an excellent way. Yusuf Tazim, just...him. The map looks like Google Earth and it's really helpful
    for you to know where, exactly, are. We get to see what happened to Altaïr after the events of Assassin's Creed. The opening sequence, it's just incredible. The Places in the game, Capadoccia and Constantinople, are done with a lot of detail. Desmond's side, in this game we REALLY get to now him, and you begin to understand him. Synchronization to a 100% keeps being a challenge, and you'll have ton of fun accomplishing it. Voice acting doesn't get bad in this game, and fortunately, Roger Craig Smith was able to evolve into the older Ezio and make him feel, aged. The Sense of the Eagle, it's really cool and it helps for a few challenges.

Bad Points: Crafting Bombs, it feels totally unnecessary and a pain in the a**. Den Defence (tower defence) is horrible and really frustrating, you are all the time wondering when it's going to end. Gameplay it's the same in every aspect, to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and it doesn't feel fresh. Horse Riding is taken away, although it was not very comfortable in Brotherhood, it did help you get faster to somewhere, now you have to run through all Constantinople. It's Length, it is very short and not every bit of it is very fun. There's no "villain", like Cesare in Brotherhood or Rodrigo in Assassin's Creed II, so you don't feel like you know where you're heading next. It doesn't feel much like there were any major "revelations" in this game, except from Desmond's side. There are no more than 3 outfits, and although it is a minor bad point, it's just too few.
    Final Score:
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is and Okay game and doesn't really change from it's predecessor. It is very short and I wouldn't really recommend it, although, if you're a fan of the series and you want to now what happens buy it.
    Average Score: 7.8
    For More Assassin's Creed Reviews go to: http://www.metacritic.com/user/UserScore
  16. May 1, 2013
    Revelations is a good game and a few gameplay changes have been made for the better such as the hookblade. In addition the combat is refined and the Janassary guards offer a good challenge. The problem is the story which just isn't as engaging as previous games and constantinople is a good open world but doesn't feel as good as Rome in Brotherhood. The Multiplayer is better than before but single player is the main distraction of the game and its good but just not to Brotherhood's level Expand
  17. Feb 19, 2013
    I must say I was expecting more in Ezio's last chapter in Assassin's Creed but I was satisfied playing the story, a few new features that Ubisoft tries to present as improvements prove to be little more than annoyances that made the game less entertaining
  18. Feb 4, 2013
    If assassins creed brotherhood was AC 2.5 then this is AC 2.75. The jump between this game and brotherhood is minuscule and many of the new ideas introduced are unnecessary or annoying. First off the reason I give this game a 7 and not a 5 or 6 is that assassins creed 2's gameplay holds up very well and is still very fun. I also like the hookblade even if it just makes free-running more fun. The multiplayer is improved slightly but it has less of a jump between brotherhood and this game than most call of duty's do. The main problems come in the fact the game goes through periods of amazing action set pieces such as chasing a chariot or escaping burning ships and boring missions where you simply follow someone around for a while and fight a couple of enemies. This made the game drag on and bore me at many points. The story also while tying up altair's story from the original game, ezio's feels unfinished and to see the true finale you have to watch a short film sold separately. Also the tower defense portion of the game while being extremely unnecessary did not annoy me as I only had to do it once for the tutorial so I don't think its as much of a problem as most reviewers make it out to be. Desmond's sections however are boring and out of place portal style puzzles that have no place in an assassins creed game. Expand
  19. Jan 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The voice of Q from star trek as Desmond's father was somewhat enjoyable to me given the nature of the game being similar to the Q time continuum. I must say my game came with a copy of Embers which is why I have marked it down to an 8 out of 10. To see Ezio die on a bench was pretty annoying especially since in a metal gear solid 4 kind of way he decided at the end of revelations to live his life and find love but in embers he still had regrets ect. I must say Revelations was a very good game and I did not see the twist coming with Ahmet being a templar, i found that very interesting. I must note according to the game Ahmet's life was 1465 Expand
  20. Jan 10, 2013
    Though not quite as compelling as the previous Ezio adventures, "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is still a fun entry into the series and a fitting, poigniant end to the Ezio trilogy.

The game adds few new gameplay features to the series, but it's ok. This is clearly a game made for the die-hard fans of the series (of which, I am one) and the die-hards will find a lot to love here.
  21. Dec 28, 2012
    Not the best in the series but none-the-less, still a great game. If it wasn't for past titles of the AC franchise, this would be one of the best games out there...but due to the fact we know its part of a series, we inevitably, judge it with the others in mind. A few of the story missions seemed out of place and just felt like stocking filler, but i still enjoyed every moment with the game. Except the tower defence bit...eurghh! The graphics are beautiful, and it was such a privilege to share Altair & Ezios last moments. Top quality game & if it was the first in the series, it'd definately be reaching the lofty score of 10. Expand
  22. Dec 13, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I am a fan of this franchise. Obisoft has done some great things in developing the series since the first iteration, which I think most can agree was disappointing. The greatest part of these games are historical details that are included. Exploring the great ancient cities and seeing the large sites and sounds was what I played for. Sometimes just wandering the streets until I found another "tourist attraction" to learn about. This game has brought that but the lustre has gone.
    THE BAD BAD: They have introduced a system where you must defend your clan bases from the Templars attract. This amounts to a simple, and yet frustrating, tower defence mini game. THIS IS THE WORST PART OF THE GAME. The only other negative I have found is the lack of good change this game provides. This game feels too similar to the past versions for it to stand out.
    Please don't do what COD is doing with there annual releases. Spend some time creating something worth buying. I will forever wait for the reviews before buying another AC game.
  23. Dec 9, 2012
    This game was amazing! Finally a game that's great sequel to AC2 compare to the huge disappointment of Brotherhood. And the addition to backtrack as Altaïr is awesome! And Ezio's new outfit is just perfect.

The graphics/art style is amazing, towns so colourful artistic. All towns are amazing for free-running compare to Brotherhood where it was more focus on horses. The combat is
    the best yet, and the story is way more understandable and with the addition of Subject 16. The game had a very good fluid experience with the cutscenes. The soundtrack is amazing and I love it. I personally loved Den Defense. I've always liked it anyway, and in Revelations it was implemented so good. This was the BEST ENTRY IN THE SERIES! Expand
  24. Dec 7, 2012
    Ezio comes back - he's much older, more tired and almost weary of the journey that was chosen for him. His path leads to Constantinople, an exotic location but strangely familiar ground. Here, he will embark on another adventure, different and known at the same time.

Revelations is an ending to the Ezio Auditore da Firenze trilogy, and one must agree, it's a decent one to say the least.
    No only the graphics have been tuned up, the gameplay enhanced and the story re-polished. The game, more than anything, feels - much like Ezio itself - mature, an adventure game in its own right. It's an amazing ending to a meaningful story. Though not free of bugs, they seem to be only minor imperfections and nothing else; Revelations offers excellent playability and a must-have experience to any AC fan. Furthermore, I couldn't agree less with those accusing it of being everything but fresh - after stale Brotherhood, this is the very definition of a fresh turn. Don't listen to mean reviewers - there's nothing tragic, rushed, meandering or dissapointing about Revelations. Expand
  25. Nov 30, 2012
    This game is a disgrace to the assassin's creed franchise. It should never have been released. Everything about this game feels too similar to the previous ones. Your basically doing the same things that you did in brotherhood with some unnecessary and pointless additions like den defense and bombs. Renovating shops, buying landmarks, recruiting assassins...the whole game feels pointless. The entire story is pointless too. Basically, Desmond has to "clear up" his mind by viewing Ezio's last memories so that he doesn't go insane. That's the most laughable plot of a video game I have ever heard. The combat system is THE EXACT SAME as brotherhood though Ezio has a some new killing animations. Also, for a game that is supposed to be about an assassin brotherhood, there aren't many assassinations going on. In the whole game there were like 1 or two assassinations and you did not get to stealthily kill them. It was linear. They basically challenged you to a sword fighting duel. Remember the targets in the previous games. How you had different ways of getting close to your target, kill him and then walk away quietly? Well, all that is gone. Instead its an all out war between a "secret" brotherhood and armies of tempers. That is where den defense comes in. Basically, hundreds of Byzantine tempers attack your "hideouts" and you and your loyal assassins go to the roof tops and kill them.......This...is....NOT ASSASSIN'S CREED! Where are the guards? How can armies of Byzantines invade an Ottoman city and openly take over buildings and the city guards do NOTHING about it! I could go on and on but its really not worth it. This is one of the most boring game I have played. Expand
  26. Nov 23, 2012
    A good gameplay, even though there is not much good improvement outside of the bomb crafting. The graphics also begins to need a revamp. The story also felt like chronicles to Ezio's story more than a sequel. The big thing about this AC is the multiplayer, in fact: more game types, and less glitches than the Brotherhood version. In the end, buy it for the multiplayer, rent it for the singleplayer.
  27. Oct 29, 2012
    Although the game offers some of the best graphics this generation, there is no denying that the tower defence element that the game introduces to the series is a needless and frustrating addition to the series especially for people like me who have no desire of interest in the tower defence genre
  28. Oct 29, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parkour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste from past titles, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  29. Oct 29, 2012
    Look, i ain't gonna troll, i'm serious this time,this game isn't really a 10 but i gave it that score to make up for all the negative trolls on this page, it's one of the best games fromlast year imo, 8.5/10.
  30. Oct 29, 2012
    One of the best games in the series, and can somebody, please, tell me why do people like to troll? Yes, we get it, it's not the greatest finale for the trilogy, but it's good enough, i'm only giving this a 10 because there is too many trolls that gave it a 0, my real score is 9.
  31. Sep 28, 2012
    Those who didn't like previous game won't enlist in the Assassin guild, but it is must-have for fans of the series as it reveals some secrets of the story. Shorter than the previous games, but with a better story, it consolidates the multiplayer mode adding extra variety.
  32. Sep 19, 2012
    This game is the best assassins creed yet. It introduces a couple of really cool new ideas to the series, such as making your own bombs with materials you collect. It is awesome to mess with guards using all the different bombs you can create. Another new feature i really like that has been catching a lot of flak from other reviewers is the tower defense mini game they have put in the game. Good times. The fighting is better than ever, with many different enemy types that employ a variety of different tactics during battle. The counter kills are BRUTAL in this edition my friends. Even though there are a million more games out there with more graphic gore and blood, i feel this is some of the wildest violence i have seen in a game. Some other cool things are the missions you undertake with a friendly AI assassin, capturing templar "dens", and the altair flashback missions. I did have a few issues with the game though. I encountered several minor bugs throughout the game, nothing major but i feel i have never encountered any bugs, at least noteworthy bugs, in other AC games. Sometimes getting ezio (your character) to do what you wanted was not easy or not intuitive, and sometimes the game would take away certain abilities without reason. one example that comes to mind was a time when i couldnt use poisons. also the game is packed with content which is awesome except that some of it just felt like filler (finding hidden books, sending your assassins to other cities on missions). while sending your assassins on missions levels them up, i felt that they could have found a better way to implement that. but at least the filler content is optional. the multiplayer is not something i spent a lot of time with but it is fun and def different from what other m rated multiplayer games are offering so thats a plus. Overall great game, cant wait for ACIII Expand
  33. Sep 14, 2012
    From beginning to end, I found myself loving this amazing title. The way I see it, ACR is the best title in the AC series. I was very disappointed because of ACBH, mainly because of the singleplayer story, but ACR includes everything had in AC2 and ACBH, and improves it, along with an awesome story.
  34. Aug 13, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is great, and it improved some important things: a better assassin recruitment, top notch animations and added some awesome mechanics. Even the puzzle sequences are fun. And even it haves a really interesting story and a fantastic ending. The problem is tower defense, It's boring and just an unnecessary add for this game. Still, It's a great continuing of Ezio's epic story. 88 out of 100 Expand
  35. Jul 30, 2012
    After Beating this game over a month ago, I can honestly say that while this is not the best Assassin's Creed in the series so far, it is still a very fun game to play. The story was more of the same, but was still intriguing all the way through. Gameplay has not changed much since ACII, but it is fun to hop across buildings and kill Templars. Multiplayer is improved from Brotherhood and is much more easy to get into the action. Everything else is more of the same, but if more of the same is Assassin's Creed, it is still fun. A must play for any fan of the series. Expand
  36. Jul 24, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations continues the upwards trend of the series and ends up being the best AC game yet. It refines the gameplay elements to near perfection, finally hitting the right notes in the main story missions by not pushing you down ultra-linear paths (unlike the previous games). Better still, the campaign is shorter than before, which negates over-repetition and brings more focus to the story. The story itself is much tighter, more coherent and better scripted than the prior games with far more impressive action sequences and set pieces. The only things that don't make the grade are the two newest additions. The first person platforming levels are tedious to play and come off like a poor mans Portal whilst the new tower defense system seems laughably simplistic. The great caveat to these is the fact that aside from the one tutorial mission where the tower defense is introduced, you don't have to play them ever again. They're very much off to the side and out of the way. That small bit of nonsense notwithstanding, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a brilliant game, crammed to the rafters with great gameplay. Expand
  37. Jul 24, 2012
    Well when I got the game I had high hopes. Then when I played the game those hopes faded. The game is beutiful and has a pretty good story. Although the characters in the game seem a little dull. A big down side to the game is that there wasn't much introduced that was new. Sure the Assassins Creed saga is innovative but it hasn't changed much. This game didn't really have much that could draw me back to playing. The story was good but wasn't exciting and deep. The gameplay got repetitive once I played it for a while. There just wasn't anything interesting going on in the game. It took me literally a month to finish the game because I wasn't very interested in it after a while of playing. I don't know what I is with this Assassins Creed but it's lacking. I'll give it a 7/10 but I would prefer playing the first and second games before considering to buy this one. Expand
  38. Jul 7, 2012
    The game didn't really appeal to me, it lacks the charm I felt with it's predecessors. The story was barely interesting and it wasn't really gripping at any point. All I was carrying about was getting back to the library with the keys, it completely overshadowed Constantinople. The new gear and weapons seemed kind of hollow. I wasn't to crazy about the Hookblade, it makes traveling much easier, and somehow it works in combat and can pierce your enemy without having a sharp and pointy end. Crafting bombs quickly became boring. Throwing them felt all wrong. Some of the cinematics were cheap and poorly made. The sections were boring and some unnecessary. The game itself needs more variation, it's boring to run into the same people when you take a walk around a corner or get stopped by the same beggar around Constantinople. When you are recruiting more assassins Ezio keeps repeating the same line over and over again. I am worried for the future Assassin's Creed games, because of the short amount of time Ubisoft has to develop them. The online surpasses the campaign which is a shame, what I'm interested in is the storytelling and the war that is going on between the assassins and the templars. I cherrish the numerous online modes. But it has an awful life consuming matchmaking. It's like they are focusing on the multiplayer. Expand
  39. Jul 2, 2012
    Iv'e been an Assassin's Creed lover, ever since the first one came out in 2007. The moment I took that first Leap of Faith, I knew I had found my favourite IP this generation.
    Coming to Revelations, I'll let it drop straight forward: this game is brilliant. However, one thing should be made clear: It is perhaps the worst AC game yet. Don't get me wrong, It is great, but for a title to
    blow the previous iteration away, a game requires innovation, and should not be afraid to take risks. The single-player was, overall, lovely. You know the developer has done it's job properly when it's game's title matches the intent: Revelations. Truly answers all the questions about Ezio Auditore and Altair Ibn La Ahad, and is the deserved, graceful swansong to the lives of two of modern gaming's most complex and beloved characters. The game, in respect to certain scenes, feel very block-buster like: and further assisting us being completely absorbed in the tale are the engine's new capabilities. It may not be too apparent at first, but if you were to play Brotherhood, where Ezio's beard consisted of brown patches, then played Revelations, where every brick stood out, and where each of Ezio's beard hairs were well-defined, you'd note the scope of change. The soundtrack. Never had a doubt Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd would fail to deliver, and the amazing music helps suck me in. The multiplayer, was slightly dull compared to Brotherhood's, and followed a general formula, which is a shame because the folks at Ubisoft are known to be more innovative than that. That, though, in no way means it was not fun. You could still have a blast, due to the simple connections, and, as the multiplayer was simple, not only was it easily open to all audiences, but it had a story: giving further reason to playing it. So, all in all, a beautiful must have for AC fans worldwide. But, If you note the lack of changes to the game from Brotherhood, just remember: you have been warned. Expand
  40. Jun 19, 2012
    Ubisoft dosent usually let me down but this time it did. New ideas are not always good ideas and this is proven by the new tower defense mode which becomes boring and lame. The story line is not interesting at all and the fighting style is still the same. This is what happens when they start making yearly games.
  41. May 30, 2012
    This is pretty fun. However what you see here is something that you have seen in past titles and it does not add much to the mix. It is just pretty much the same as the other titles (AC 2 For example). Those were great in those games, however you just cannot shake the feeling that you have played the EXACT same thing over and over and over. The missions just do not feel as inspired as the other games. Multiplayer is interesting and pretty much what you have played in Brotherhood, but still fun nonetheless. I would recommend this game to fans of the series, Everyone Else, get Assassins Creed 2 Expand
  42. May 22, 2012
    Oh how I wish the Assassins Creed games had just decided to create a story in the specific time period in which Ezio and Altair were based, as opposed to these Desmond shenanigans. But let bygones be bygones. This game is fun, but doesn't bring much new features to the table (besides the crossbow and hookshot, though these aren't enough to blow your mind). The game has some impressive set pieces that are entertaining to play, and the city of Constantinople and the characters throughout are pretty well realized. I am looking forward to the new iteration, Assassins Creed 3, with its new game engine and Wilderness features. This is exactly what the series needs to feel fresh, if not revolutionary Expand
  43. May 9, 2012
    AC: Revelations is fun and epic, continuing the story of Ezio Auditore Da Firence, and showing several memories from Altair. Overall, It's great, but I excepted more. I excepted huge place to explore, I excepted to have a better storytelling, but still it is great, and It haves the best ending I ever seen. (8.9)
  44. May 6, 2012
    Assassins Creed has become a monster of a franchise in less than ten years at the moment , it has a strong/solid story , its awesome and it does right to convince the people. However, if you're willing to throw the cash right on ACR , is not a wrong move , but it isn't the best chapter on the AC hysteria in the same time that it's not fresh as I thought it was gonna be. Anyway, the team at Ubisoft did nicely to present the city of Constantinople , very gorgeous at first glance , packed with a better engine ( that , its the responsible for giving it life ) . the action cutscenes are varied and it's a fun moment to watch and experiment to see more , and more action sequences like for example , Ezio ( with the hookblade ) jumps a rope and then stabs a guard while in mid air is superb. Also the introduction does nice to the franchise by the reason that starts in a bang and differentiate from the previous entries completely . Even with this awesome stuff, there are still problems with the gameplay, undesired deaths comes when the twitchy control schemes gets through your path and makes you smash the game , dumb AI and clumsy crowd gets stuck in the middle of a fight , yet Ubisoft came with the idea of implementing the tower defense , and lets put this simply: Its stupid . Multiplayer wise , though I'm not considering to get my stats flaming like hell because I'm not gonna be focused on that option . But with the knocks and the brawls , ACR still has the glamour for captivation . Expand
  45. Apr 22, 2012
    I couldn't help but notice a lot of the users writing mediocre reviews on this game so i thought i would pitch in and give my opinion. Ubisofts biggest series is back with there 4th installment of the series which ties in the two assassins in the series where Ezio is trying to find library of knowledge of his ancestor Alteir. Im not going to spoil anything so i will continue on saying the gameplay mechanics are the best we've seen in an assassins creed series. The combat scenes are more smooth than we have seen and it makes the game flow nicely. The game is a good mixture of the story line like AC2 and the assassin order concept which debuted in the game brotherhood. Overall the series is one of the best storyline based games out on the market. Even though people are saying the concept is getting old, i beg to differ, because true fans love the concept and want the series to keep producing amazing games instead of taking a risk and possibly ruining the entire series. The storyline of this game is possibly the best of the series with it producing one of the biggest WOW factors. The past 3 games have had amazing endings with this one not disappointing fans. This is also the second AC game with multiplayer. While the game is meant to be played for the storyline the multiplayer is an awesome add on and i look forward to see how they continue with it with Assassins Creed 3 which was recently announced and further AC games to come. Overall, while users can complain about how there aren't any new features and stuff like that, there shouldn't be, the time period of the games is too small for them to make any major advancements and it could tarnish the story if they try that. If i had one complaint on the game i would complain about the new tower defense game added to the game. It was impossible and just dumb in my opinion. But besides that this shows the amazing game that Ubisoft has and i can't wait to see what there still is to be shown for us Assassins lovers. Expand
  46. Apr 22, 2012
    The launch of an AC every year is to create fear in fans of the series because the series is beginning to show wear and lack of originality in narrative and game mechanics.
    Unfortunately this fear is well founded. AC Revelations further reduces the difficulty of the game-tornan so that it becomes less challenging ridiculous, especially by the addition pump.
    The narrative returns to the
    skin of Altair colocarnos during short sections, thus bringing an end both for the story of Altair and Ezio, leaving only conclude the story of Desmond (to be completed in AC III). Nevertheless the scenes with the Altair know little and are quite weak.
    Another downside turns out to be the match engine dated, continue despite the fighting fluid and visceral.
    AC Revelations (in contrast to CA-II) is the low point of the series, acabamdo by retreating to a 6, which despite being a median score shows the fall in the quality of AC.
  47. Apr 13, 2012
    The only really bad thing I have encountered thus far in Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a glitch that occurs whenever you call your fellow assassins for assistance. After doing so, sometimes, my character will freeze as will his opponents. When I say "freeze", I mean as far as attacking and fighting goes. Visually, they are all standing there swaying and looking at each other like they aren't sure if they should fight or go hang out at the nearest tavern together. LOL The only other MINOR thing I've noticed in this game is that I have already found 3 of the 5 needed keys for this game, and I haven't had a chance to ride a horse yet. Are horses not available to players in this game. The closest thing I've come to is taking control of a stagecoach. But this isn't really the same. And I was also disappointed to see that they were not able to get Altair's ORIGINAL voice actor to come back on board for this one. The guy they got does a pretty bang-up good job though! Other than these items I just mentioned, I feel this game is every bit as good as all the others. Right now, I am giving the game a solid 9.5. But because Metacritic does not allow for half-points, the game gets a 9 since it is NOT perfect in my humble opinion. If my rating changes, by the end of the game, I will write an updated review. But so far, I think my score may end up standing where it is if things continue as they have been. ;) Expand
  48. Apr 9, 2012
    Reveleations is another great entry to the AC Franchise.
    It should not be missed by any Assassin's Creed fans, as it is an improvement over its predecessor, Brotherhood.
    Constantinople is beautiful, and the story, especially Desmond's, is engaging and fun.
  49. Apr 6, 2012
    Overall, not a bad experience, but its a step back from AC2 and ACB. The main problem for me is that the story is very poorly paced. The first sequence was very good, but then the game just went nowhere in the next 3 sequences. Also, Constantinople just doesn't have the the same beauty or atmosphere that Rome, Florence, Venice, or even the Holy Land in AC1 had. So it really doesn't make me want to go back. And finally, most of the missions feel very sloppy and untested compared to those in previous games. I really hope this game was just a blip, and that AC3 will be as glorious as AC2. Expand
  50. Apr 4, 2012
    Just Dissapointing when u compare it with AC2 .Gameplay and mp is okay .all that's new is a hookblade?it was clearly released too early .graphics are good and other than that it is just an average game .You can just laugh when You compare it to games like skyrim or akhram city
  51. Apr 4, 2012
    This is not a bad game, it just feels and look really similar to AC II and Brotherhood, besides a little bomb feature that let you create bombs, and a totally unwanted and unsuccessful Tower Defence, which need to et the hell out of my AC series. If you're new to the franchise, begin with AC II, which is both cheaper and better and then take Brotherhood. If you like me have played all the previous AC games you'll want to play this, if nothing to say goodbye to Ezio Auditore (and Altair).

The multiplayer have been improved from Brotherhood, so I ended up spending a lot of hours playing AC multiplayer. I had not seen that coming, especially if you take into account that I did not enjoy Brotherhood multiplayer. So even though this is the worst game in the franchise since AC II, it's still a lot of fun, and here's to hoping Tower Defence disappears in ACIII
  52. Mar 27, 2012
    Revelations was probably the best assassins creed game in the series i was slightly disappointed with brotherhood but this game sucked me in and had me playing for hours at a time. The story rounds off the trilogy in a great way and also introduces some great new features such as the grappling hook and new online modes but at the same time ads some features that held the game back a bit such as the tower defense game that was quite irritating. Graphically revelations was also superb and rounded off Ezios journey in a great fashion one of the best game of 2011. Expand
  53. Mar 22, 2012
    While Revelations brings little innovation into the Assassin's Creed franchise, it is a good game and a fitting end to the stories of Ezio and Altair. The new setting provides a different atmosphere, which after two italian-based games is a welcome change. Horses were scrapped as the half-town/half-fields map was replaced with a single, massif city to explore. The "assassin training" mechanic was expanded and now represents a good portion of the game, being the player's most prominent income source. The hookblade adds new depth to climbing and fighting and the story is the best in the series so far, mixing all protagonists in a single plot. Even though this is the third similar Assassin's Creed game in three years, the formula still shines and that makes Revelations very fun to play; just ignore the cloddish tower-defense minigame. Expand
  54. Mar 19, 2012
    Revelations was always going to struggle to be as good as game as Brotherhood and sadly it has not succeeded in that respect but it is still a very good game.
    Visually its still great to look at and jumping around on the roof tops is still fun as is the fighting with all the different weapons. The is definitely long enough and has enough different elements to keep you interested all the
    way through.
    However there are not very many new elements to the game and at times it does feel disjointed due to it being made by different companies, even graphically some parts of the game can look a lot better then others.
    This aside it was still fun to play and in my opinion had the best shock ending since the first game.
  55. Mar 18, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations come out as a disappointment compared to the last two games. The game's opening immediately has the player frustrated, as the player participates in a what could've been fun but turned out to be frustrating stage coach chase. Once you get past this opening, you are thrown into the world of Constantinople which feels a bit stale compared to the Italian cities in the last two games. Combat also feels clunkier, the story in the present day doesn't progress much, and the entire experience feels incredibly frustrating. The changes and new additions made to the game were poor. Despite this, however, I don't hate the game. There are still enough interesting missions, assassinations, and flashbacks through Altair to make the singleplayer worth playing, and there are enough new multiplayer features to keep players entertained. Despite this, however, Revelations may be one of the weakest entries in the series. Expand
  56. Mar 16, 2012
    big fan of the assassins creed series and this game was okay, but its definitely the worst one there has been. i did enjoy completing it but i feel the storyline was a bit random and wasnt really needed. I feel ubisoft are just padding out this series to make as much money as they can...
  57. Mar 11, 2012
    For those thinking if they should buy Reveleations before ACIII, you can easily skip this game since it shows nothing new. Just a **** rehash from brotherhood, if you still think that there is a story behind this well there might be but it's really about altair and yet altair's play in this game is pretty short about 1 hour of gameplay with altair and that's it, ezio is just running around the city doing the same errands. The multiplayer, same thing unbelievable lag and this is where I never touched it again; they used old maps from the brotherhood multiplayer but not only that, they used about 1/6 of the map PREVIOUSLY CREATED MAP!!!

SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR THE REAL THING ACIII
  58. Mar 7, 2012
    Qualifying Statement: Apart from being a little on the easy side, I love the Assassins Creed games. So lets get to the bad stuff about Revelations first. Some bugs. Multiplayer has taken a turn for the worse. Soundtrack not as good as Assassins Creed Brotherhood. In order to finish Ezio's story you need to buy something else called Embers. This game is not as good as Brotherhood by a long shot and is the joint weakest of the series along with AC1. But let me say this, it is still an amazing game. If you like Assassins Creed games, you will love Revelations. Expand
  59. Mar 5, 2012
    This, for me, was a disappointing game. I found the whole thing rather repetitive and long winded. Creating a trilogy of Ezio was a good idea but they left him no backing in a storyline, therefore it became boring. It has not enveloped me like other assassins creed games and I'm sure you could easily not but this game and go straight into AC3.
  60. Mar 4, 2012
    The single player storyline probably just about scrapes a 7, it will likely only entertain fans of the series who have played the previous games. The single player brings little fresh material to the table, apart from bombs and the hookblade. The den defence mini-game is frankly awful and I found myself trying very hard to avoid having to face them. The story and missions as a whole feel unpolished and even a little rushed, as if the developers were running out of ideas and time in preparation for AC3, and were looking for easy money. As a fan of the series I was ultimately left a little disappointed given the quality of previous instalments, although Ezio and Altair were both given good send-offs.

On the other hand the multiplayer is brilliant, and earns a high 9 (which averages the score to an 8). It builds upon and improves from Brotherhood and I found myself hooked to it for hours and hours. There are a large amount of different game modes to try, most of which are unique and very entertaining. The unlocking of the story of the Templars as you level up is a welcome addition, and gives you a greater sense of progression and greater depth to the overall storyline.
  61. Mar 3, 2012
    This game does very well in some aspects. As many faults as there are with the game, Assassin's Creed: Revelations trumps those follies with fun, action-filled gameplay. The graphics are a little bit more improved, not that there was much to improve on. Ezio himself looks great, as expected of the Assassin's Creed team over at Ubisoft since all of the models in this game are fantastic. The story is just as it was in the previous games; get this, kill him, destroy Templars, etc. If you could sit down for one whole session, you'd finish the game in 8 hours. I wish that Ubisoft would stop pumping out Assassin's Creed every year and take a year off to think of something new because this game, of course, feels repetitive; it's more of the same. Sure, they added new devices, grenades, hook-blade, etc. but in the long run, it's just not as much impact. Every time a new Assassin's Creed game is announced or shown at E3, a unanimous sigh is heard from the audience because, like I said, it's just more of the same. However, that is not to say that this is a bad game. Overall, this game is better than Brotherhood, a good end to Ezio and Altair's storyline. 7/10. Expand
  62. Feb 12, 2012
    From the very first beginning i have been enjoying the game so much. On the one hand yes of course is true that the franchise as the whole ac has been driven to the insanity and there is just a very few of it to improve but besides this all it still gives us what we have been taught. the same amount of pleasure, entertainment, and one more time not as long as the previous games from this universe breathtaking story that revelals the destinies of three assassins and that is what I liked a lot about it. The system called tower defense was not the best decision from the producers but for those who was it annoying my advice see it as if it has never been a part of game, and the complex of hiring new recruits was also unique and better than in previous game as well. what really makes me sad was the city and the side missions after completing the main story. i do not know how will I describe this I am not saying that the city was not attractive it definitely was but the Roma was much more better, and variety of missions was also greater. It difficult to overexceed something that is also superb and with no mistakes. It was and actually is worth playing and buying as well and all of the fans will definitely find what they expect from it. Expand
  63. Feb 9, 2012
    This game actually deserves a nine, but the score now seems to low. The multiplayer: amazing. Single Player: with its flaws but has a wonderful story which is an emotional thrillride
  64. Feb 8, 2012
    This is basically brotherhood with better graphics theres a few things that stop me liking this game. for starters despite being in a different part of the world the civilians still repeat phrases from italy, and there still pushing this 100% synchronization stopping you from doing what you wanted to do, you don't actually do any assassinations anymore it's just gone all weird and it's ruining the series. Also eagle vision has changed from triangle to L3 and you have to be standing still to enter it and it can be difficult to do it. The bombs are a nice touch but get annoying after a while and despite what ubisoft said there isn't that many variations and they never really come in usefull. They've done a stupid thing by taking all my weponry from ACbrotherhood surely Ezio could have aleast kept the crossbow on his back or his big pouches I spent ages saving up for. I still haven't been able to buy the crossbow which is a ridculous amount of A (the currency). They've seemed to design the world to be awkward to travel around so you can't really smoothly travel the city. The onlines better this time but I'm already bored of it after 21 games (been playing artifact assault). The story is still random but the ending's good sort of, I never played any of the first person desmond missions and I never felt like I was skipping anything your not automatically placed as desmond a screen prompt just tells you a new missions opened up for desmond. The hook blade works well and I didn't hate the tower defense sections they're not as bad as people say. The story really bored me and the fact I had to travel like 10 minutes across the city just to watch ezio write a letter to his sister really angered me, alot. I just was so dissapointed. I don't know what else to say about it. You get the first game on the disc (ps3 only) which is more focused on actually assassinating people which is why the second game is the best, buy that. Expand
  65. Feb 7, 2012
    AC Revelations builds up from its remarkable predecessor Brotherhood which most of us enjoyed. It provides a well-deserved finale to the legendary assassins Ezio and Altair. While the regular gameplay with Ezio was just like in brotherhood, the driving force behind it was the Altair repressed memories, which Ezio 'accessed' using Masyaf keys. While many AC fans were disappointed that Altair wasn't prominently featured in many games following AC1, Revelations more than made up for it. I was impressed with the Desmond gameplay, props to the creative team for making his missions so profoundly unique. Their interpretation of the Constantinople era was pretty good, but i felt that they could do better. They added new side tasks such as crafting bombs and stuff, I personally preferred side tasks in brotherhood.
    The graphics have improved and I love the loading theme for Revelations, it has such a glitzy feel to it. Desmond sequences were fun, where you play as Desmond in the first person mode and he relieves some childhood memories. Altairs storyline by far was my favorite, we know what happens after the AC1 events, no spoilers cause you guys should enjoy it yourselves as I did!
    The longest/best ending to a video game, NO DOUBT!! I was almost moved to tears after watching Embers (which was after I beat revelations). Any AC fans primary choice, a memorable goodbye to Master assassins, Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Altair Ibn-La'Ahad and the beginning of the end.
    PS (Amazing link established between Altair, Ezio and Desmond)
  66. Feb 4, 2012
    Ok Ubisoft, when is enough, exactly enough? We're seeing AC get the CoD treatment. AC Revelations is not a good game, the story is no where near as good as the last two titles. Gameplay is more of the same, you get a new hook-like weapon, but that's really the only notable new feature. If you can call that a feature. I found myself getting bored of this game faster then any other game I think I've played in a while and it inevitably resulted in a grind. The little tower defense strategy mini game is a poor excuse of an addition as well. What's the point? Why should I have to do this. It's fun the first two times you do it then it just becomes a hassle. The problem with AC:R is that it's littered with too much boring fluff content.. I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week if it leaves me feeling rewarded... Also, instead of trying to bank off of your terrible multiplayer, why not put more effort into a better single player. I'd go as far as to say this is the most bored I've been with an AC since the first title. I've made the mistake of playing this game, I won't jump through hoops to play the next installment of the AC series unless there's a radical change, like more RPG elements. Expand
  67. Feb 2, 2012
    this game is definitely the best in the series. my only problem with it is that its too similar to acb and ac2, and that there are no subject 16 puzzles, wich i love. but other than that its a prety good game
  68. Jan 29, 2012
    At the end of the game I stopped and thought what a great game. Actually, this game reminds me of another great game I just played a month ago in the name of Batman Arkham City. When playing assassins creed I thought how eerily similair the two games are. Both third person games, both have the same stalking and gauging the enemy feel vertical gameplay. The combat system has same type of COUNTER ATTACK system. One game studio copied/stole/created similar gameplay of the other.The depth of ASSASSINS CREED is by far head over heals better, vaster. Of course a GRADE A QUALITY GAME STUDIO " UBISOFT" flagship game should be. The building of master assassins the city income sending assassins on away missions to build them up.... I can go on and on. So how is BATMAN ARKHAM CITY what clearly is a lower quality copy, lack of depth, simple teenage game, nominated for game of the year over REVELATIONS? True gamers UBISOFT or ROCKSTEADY? Expand
  69. Jan 28, 2012
    Awesomelly beautiful. Great graphics, memorable gameplay and a great conclusion to the Altair and Ezio storyline. I really enjoyed it's standard graphics. The assassin recruitment has improved nicely like you get assassin recruitment missions. The city of Constantinople was a great location for this game. I really like the hookblade on the hidden blade, it helps for climbing huge long buildings. I especially like the Altair memories and the new Desmond's journey mode. The ending was phenomenal bound to show what will happen next in the series. Constantinople, Masyaf and Cappadoccia are the key locations in the game. Expand
  70. Jan 28, 2012
    A well deserved finale to the series protagonists, Ezio and Altair. Stands up to it's name and builds upon the already solid storyline of the game and keeps us hooked every minute. Even though some might complain it's almost the same as the previous titles. But I don't believe they need to HAVE a new gameplay mechanic in every game. When you have a story such as this, it needs to be told on an annual basis and the gameplay need not be revamped every year. Even then they did have their fair share of improvements such as the hookblades and Desmond's memories. The only thing which they went a bit far with was the Tower Defense minigame, which seemed to be a nuisance to say the least. Other than that, visually appealing as always and well worth the money. I for one hope they don't stray far from their winning formula and don't succumb to adding new gameplay features for each iteration of their game Expand
  71. Jan 28, 2012
    Well, I've been expecting very much of this game. The storyline of the game is quite out of expectations than the other series. Something that shouldn't happen happens, and it injects the sensation into most players. And the word "revelations", is the key for players, but recommend to finish all other series before AC Revelations in order to completely understand the whole story. Altair learned of the past and the future, of life and death through the Apple. And players learn moral values and minds through the game. The real thing is, not only Ezio and Altair conduit the message to Desmond, but also through Desmond to players. Players will have to think deeply and they will get it.

The soundtracks are also awesome as usual. Some are spiritual inspiring and some are cultural feel.

The environment of the world is slightly different than the other series. For example, you get near to a soldier, they won't simply push you away. And if you pushed somebody accidentally, they would apologize too. And with Assassins and Templar Den, this cause a war that never ends in the game. The features are also slightly different. You can choose primary and secondary weapon to use them without wasting time. It also has variety of new combat techniques and slow motion camera. What makes a disappointment is that the Animus Virtual Training program has changed into a worse way. The training only allow you to play with specific requirements, unlike in AC Brotherhood that has lesser limitations. And there's no horse riding available in the game. It's worth if you are very interested with the story. But it would be better if you learn something in it, either changing to a better mind or combat.
  72. Jan 28, 2012
    The game is great ! great to play . Real nice addition to the assassins series ! just didn't like that they make such a good game n end it so fast , i mean the game is very small . with all the features n game play gamer's would love to play more ! Also the end isn't so mind boggling or doesn't leave us amazed or confused like the last games assassins creed 2 and brotherhood ,So that a minor issue . But its features and game play and story and Desmond being trapped in animus , trying to remember his past , Ezio getting to know the main event's happened in Altair's life , all this just overcomes the small issues making it a Fabulous game !!!. Expand
  73. Jan 28, 2012
    Brilliant story based on real life and history - best franchise ive ever played!!!! the only people who think it is repetitive is those who don't understand the story - you would have to play all the other previous games in the franchise to understand it though
  74. Jan 27, 2012
    Another year, another Assassin's Creed installment! However, Ubisoft have to start treading carefully because they are in danger of ruining what is an awesome franchise by churning out a game every year. I picked this game up at Christmas and I'll be honest I was left wondering what the point of buying the game was? AC2 was an amazing game, period! Brotherhood added a multiplayer/online mode, the question is what did AC:R bring? Closure, well supposedly. The story picks up from the shock end of Brotherhood. Sadly, from there it doesn't really do anything different from it's predecessor's. The map for instance seems really small compared to the previous outings which ultimately means less area's to explore. And the same can be said of the length of the game which for AC is genuinely short and tragic. You used to be able to expect an engrossing and immersive story but they fall tragically short with this installment. It's as if they have totally forgot about Ezio. Altair was a good character but to put more focus on him, I was surprised and a little disappointed. You'd think that by bringing Ezio's and Altair's stories to a close they would leave you a lot to explore but that's not the case. Gameplay is familiar but too repetitive, there is nothing new or inventive introduced which is a darn shame because it becomes predictable. The cinematic cut scenes if anything just frustrate you at times. They used to be important and play a huge part and interesting however now they are there just to try and add adrenaline to encourage you to carry on, they no longer seem to hold major importance. The ending isn't what I expected and I was left under-impressed to say the least but what it does leave is an opportunity to change everything and re=boot the series because it's what it is desperately lacking, it needs a new focus, new characters and new ideas to return itself to past glory. In conclusion if your new to AC you'll love this but if you have followed the series from the start you will be left feeling short-changed because its the same old predictable things and very much a familiar feeling, it's like watching a repeat of your favorite show except this time round you've noticed something you didn't before. Ubisoft have to learn from their mistakes if the AC franchise is to get back to it's best! Expand
  75. Jan 23, 2012
    Bought the game last week and just finished it today. Its a good game, worth playing if you care about the series as a whole but you have to have the patience of a true Assassin's Creed fan. I find that after having played the 3 previous games, this feels like just another side game. Nothing different from Brotherhood-which as hardly a game in itself, more like Assassin's Creed 2.5. At least they took the effort to rap up the stories of both Ezio and Altair, which I liked.
    I think they acknowledged its repetitive nature by trying to change it up a bit by making some (very minor) changes.
    Despite the fact they did obviously take a lot of effort with this game, and it does look have beautiful (graphics-wise), I did not connect to it the same way I connected to the first two games. Playing an older Ezio is not appealing, but at least it satisfied my curiosity as did seeing Altair again.
    Yes they do deserve credit for it every game they make but I feel this is hardly a true achievement at all. The only thing that keeps me from not bothering to get the next one is the fact that I am a fan of this series. I am very disappointed.
  76. Jan 17, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelation was a worthy improvement in the Assassin's creed series when compare to the next to none improvement of Brotherhood from 2. The game's improve graphics was welcoming since the series was long overdue for a face lift visually wise. The hook blade made traveling faster and more fluent and I felt the developers actually put more time into this game than Brotherhood. The improve look of the NPC's was welcoming as they no longer make Ezio stick out like a sore thumb since he's no longer the one with flashy robes. Negatively, the game-play was pretty much the same. The new wheel design for changing weapons was confusing at first but manageable once you get the hang of it. For me, this game was the most realistic in believablity since the first Assassin's game. And had the best story since Assassin's Creed 2. It rap up the stories from the last three games nicely and set the stage for the next installment. Expand
  77. Jan 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In total, the game is okay... But i am not too sure of whether the story was good enough to actually be recognized as one of the Assassins Creed 2 sequels, i mean, it was an okay game, but it had only introduced bombs and a hook blade, makes climbing and stealth easier and all but it is not what i'd consider worth the prestigious title. Also the story line is no way near as captivating nor as thrilling as the others, i'm not sure if it is because Ezio has lost his charm or just with his age or poor story writing. The game i was looking most forward to the whole year. Expand
  78. Jan 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is full of beauty and eccentricities, is the perfect closing for Ezio's and Altair's story, and starting of Desmond's final journey in AC3, is, for me, the best game i played this year. Expand
  79. Jan 13, 2012
    I only recently discovered my love for the Assassin's Creed series, and having just played through all 4 back to back, I can honestly say that this game is good. Not fantastic, like Assassin's Creed 2, but good.

I must be totally honest - Assassin's Creed was repetitive, controls were a bit clunky and it was quite boring, but still a really fun game to play. Assassin's Creed 2 brought
    with it two phenomenal stories - the continuation (and improvement) of Desmond's, and introduced us to Ezio. Arguably, Ezio has become an iconic video game character.

Due to ignorant fanboy demand, the departure of the original creator and the decision to milk a cash cow, instead of a 2 year wait for a fresh experience I am assuming would have been Assassin's Creed 3, we got "Brotherhood" which did barely anything new, but did do everything better.

"Revelations" again throws us back into the life of Ezio as he randomly decides to go to Constantinople. The plot is paper thin, the premise is tired, but we all still love Ezio so it's all ok? No.

My main gripe with Revelations began at the very beginning of the game, with Desmond. His face has been completely changed. Some deluded fans seem to believe this is just graphical enhancements - it is not. His face looks completely different. This makes no sense. Nolan North still voices him, so why does his face have to change?

Same thing with Ezio. I know he's supposed to look older, but his face is again completely different. I have read in more than one place that this is due to the fact that previously, Desmond's face was projected onto Ezio's in the Animus. Due to the circumstances in this game, that is not the case here. I can almost swallow that, but it still doesn't explain why Desmond has had a ton of plastic surgery.

My second main gripe is with the fact that the overall plot is not advanced AT ALL. Desmond begins the game in a coma, and wakes up at the end. That is it. If Ubisoft would stop pandering to the fans we could actually see a story GETTING somewhere. Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood actually did this beautifully. We know all of his ancestors are dead. The reasoning for keeping Desmond in the Animus has been worn absolutely paper thin, hence the coma. Wake him up and let me do some modern day assassination already!

I am also very tired of the constant Assassin's Creed money-whoring. Including multiplayer as part of the trophies is not fair game. This was also an issue with Brotherhood.

Having finally relieved myself of the above, the game plays as well as it's predecessor, and is slightly less fun because every bit of constantinople looks the same. The map is difficult to look at due to the colouring but that's totally minor.

Ezio's story has salvation in romance, and Altair finally HAS a story other than "I am a brat, I have seen the error of my ways, I will now follow the Creed". Altair's part in this game is a welcome return, and is one of the golden parts to play through. We finally learn a bit more about Desmond, although the canon of his story from Assassin's Creed 1 is completely ripped apart and forgotten about. (Originally he had no idea he was an Assassin, now he was raised on some random farm and trained from a very young age?).

If you're a fan - pick it up. If you're not, play 2, then Brotherhood. If you want to keep up with the story, watch the intro and ending on YouTube.
  80. Jan 9, 2012
    What can be said about assassin's creed Revelations?

Well to start don't listen to the negative reviews people are giving this great game,this is the best entry in the series yet, with an improved multi-player and better graphics to a great story,you really can't go wrong with the kind of action game you will be playing.there is allot of content here and you can tell that Ubisoft spent
    allot time and money on this game which is a good thing.however I will agree that tower defense is a complete joke and waste of time and that's why i gave this game 9/10 if it was not for tower defense I would of given a perfect 10.but in the end this truly is a master piece in the series. Expand
  81. Jan 5, 2012
    Like some others here, I am not giving the game a 4 because it, on its own credit, deserves a 4. It is simply the least ambitious, and easily most rushed AC game to date, and I dearly hope if enough people voice this fact AC3 may hope to regain the grandeur and sincerity of previous AC games. I have been telling just about everyone I know not to buy this game for this very reason. While most of the things which made the series great are still here, virtually every adjusted or new mechanic, from notoriety, to den defense, bombs, and the hookblade, either do very little to how the game is played or merely fail horribly. While waiting for a notoriety marker to show up on your map so you can not be notorious from renovating a goddamn tailor shop, for example, a den you liberated comes under attack by templars and you are forced to run back and play an absolutely tedious and horrid den defense game. And first Rome, now every game is going to be in just one city? Why, so Ubisoft can rush these games out yearly like some **** sports or FPS title? Where the first 3 games had complex and varied geography and architecture due to their cityscapes, Revelation's Constantinople is a big monotonous maze, with one or two landmarks (as opposed to the countless landmarks of previous games). They basically went through the trouble of creating Hagio Sophia and a couple other landmarks and then just clone stamped basic pseudo-Florentine architecture based on a period map. Lame! I hope Ubisoft delays AC3 for the sake of making better games. The trajectory does not look good, and in my eyes, this franchise is dying, which is hard for me to say, because this used to be my favorite modern gaming franchise since AC1. The story was good, casting Ezio as a mentor was good, and the set pieces and tombs were great, but honestly, at its core, conceptual level, this is a rushed, unambitious game that's a bargain bin time sink at best. Expand
  82. Jan 4, 2012
    Assassins Creed Revelations lives up to its brand name by delivering a fun and interesting storyline and good gameplay. My only complaint is that it might be getting a bit too stale. We'll see where the series goes next.
  83. Jan 4, 2012
    Let me start off by saying, this game is GOOD and worth buying. Definitely the weakest of the Ezio trilogy, but redeems itself at the end with a gripping and exciting last couple of hours that made the entire game worth playing. The story is short and does no justice to Ezio as a character. It does not emphasize his age as it hinted at in Brotherhood, and overall adds to depth to the character, making him boring to play with. Altair on the other hand, is a absolute blast to play with. The sequences in which you play with him are some of the most memorable and exciting sequences yet in the AC series. They also add a huge amount of depth and awe to the Altair character. The biggest problem with this game is the lack of improvements. Bomb making and a hookblade aren't enough to make a whole new game. Additions I did like were obviously the Altair missions, the master assassin missions, and believe it or not, the Desmond memories. While the controls are extremely stiff, only allowing you to move in 8 directions, they are a fun change of pace and its nice to see more of Desmond. Additions I didn't like: The God-awful den defense, the lack of optional "armor tombs", the new characters (Yusuf is a terrible boring character, but Sophia is good, decent at least, the bad guys were just boring and had no depth), in fact the only character I really "liked" was Abbas, from the Altair missions. I say "like" because I had such a burning hatred for him that I haven't felt in a character since Skylar from Breaking Bad, but he was still a good antagonist. I never thought I would say this about an Assassins Creed game but despite its lack of huge changes, was the multiplayer. All the AC games I have played I always return them after I am done with the story and have all the collectibles, but this game, had me hooked from the first time brutally impaled a man with my spear (that's what he said). The game features new great modes like corruption, and it is 2011 multiplayer experience of the year for me. I honestly havent had that much fun in multiplayer since May, playing black ops with my buddies. Overall, this game is getting unjustly bashed, it is a worthy entry into the series, somewhat disappointing nonetheless, and it is worth your money. Even if you are not interested in the multiplayer, I insist you try it out. Expand
  84. Jan 2, 2012
    Although this game proves to look almost the same as Brotherhood, new gadgets and companions help structure this game preform an acceptable conclusion to one of Ubisoft's most successful gaming franchises
  85. Dec 31, 2011
    The game is full of beauty and eccentricities, is the perfect closing for Ezio's and Altaïr's story, and starting of Desmond's final journey in AC3, is, for me, the best game i played this year.
  86. Dec 29, 2011
    It's a great game for those who likes the series, but it's not very fresh. It gets repetitive, it doesn't have a lot of new features. It doesn't have the unique feel the 2 predecessors had, On the other two you remembered at what place you were at just by looking around, on this one everyplace seems to be the same... It wasn't very special for ezio's storyline either, the game only gave us missions to go after some stuff to get access to altair's memories and help the other assassins without any real, solid objective. The Den missions are boring. The side quests are not fresh anymore, so they're not very great. But yeah, overall it was a good game and it throws us on a good place for the next one, which I think it's going to be a blast. Collapse
  87. Dec 29, 2011
    Having played all Ac games I think AC1 was the Most boring one. This finale provided a good closure to both altair and Ezio. The story flowed quite well and the small missions were fun to play. Ezio as a character also grew richer through his throughts being expressed by the letter writing. Overall it was a great game to play!
  88. Dec 28, 2011
    An amazing game, it captivated me more than any of the other AC games, fun in every aspect and they even included a fun castle defense mode, living through Altair's last memory's is extremely depressing and its an amazing send off for the legendary Assassins, i don't understand the negativity this game gets, the hookblade made traveling that much more fun and the multiplayer was more crisp as well. Expand
  89. Dec 27, 2011
    I played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come a director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in the videogame industry is still a mystery to me. Also before I finish my review, for anyone that knows mediterranean history, this game has some serious flaws in presenting what exactly the Ottomans/Turks were and most importantly, how civilized they were. I also find it funny that in Italy of Renaissance the guards didn't have any weapons but at the same time in Turkey, which was in the middle ages at that time, they had found rifles! In the end, one thing I learned from the Assassin's Creed series is:

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

And I use my critical thinking in everything. Thank you Ubisoft for teaching me how to do it. :P

Here's looking forward to the next series by Patrice Désilets. Hang in there brother! :D
  90. Dec 26, 2011
    I wish the assassinations were as violent and bloody as the regular hand to hand combat is. It awsome when you're fighting 5 guards and you impale one of them then turn around and slice another ones head open then immediatly kick another guys leg then stab him in the back while he's down. But when you assassinate someone you gently stick a knife in his back then after 3 seconds he falls over. It's lame. Other than lame assassinations combat is fun. And I actualy like the tower defence thing. The story doesn't make any sence though. I think the whole assassins creed series would be better off with just a story about an assassin from medieval times, instead of this time travel (or whatever) **** they have going on. Asside from the story and lame assassinations it's a great game. Expand
  91. Dec 23, 2011
    cool game, the fighting is amazing and the combo's are sick and better than ac; brotherhood.
    But I liked Rome way more than Constantinople, because in constantinople, you only have narrow alleyways, and because of that, you can't ride horses like in ac: brotherhood.
  92. Dec 18, 2011
    An unnecessary sequel but still very good. The single player is probably the shortest out of all of the Assassin's Creed games. The game doesn't do much for story and the ending probably brings up more questions than answers. Most of the story told through out this game probably would've been better off being in Assassin's Creed 3. It just tries to tie up some loose ends. There is also a new mission called "Den Defense" which is a mediocre Tower Defense mini-game. The multiplayer is mostly the same except for a few tweaks, new maps, characters, and abilities. Great game overall but I'd probably take Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood over this. My biggest complaint would be that Ubisoft said that Brotherhood would be the last game with Ezio being the assassin you play as. 2nd biggest complaint would be that you need an online pass to access multiplayer. This is just a bad way to get people to buy new instead of used. Don't get greedy Ubisoft. Expand
  93. Dec 17, 2011
    Nothing new here, but still a great game for AC fans. The new Desmond's sequences are not really interesting, tough I found the den defense mode to be fun. The story is not that great, AC1 and AC2 story was way better. The campaign is relatively. Overall this feel like a AC brotherhood DLC. The multiplayer has been quite improved.
  94. Dec 15, 2011
    Compared to the others this is a disappointment, the story is too short and the game doesn't make you feel like an Assassin whereas the first one does with the planned killings. The way of defending your dens is terrible. I give this game a 4 as it doesn't compare to the others which were great games.
  95. Dec 14, 2011
    I just beat AC: Revelations and this game is just ok. Definitely not the worst game to have come out this year. However, this is by far the worst of all the AC games. It just felt like it was lacking that special something that made the first 3 really enjoyable. Maybe it was the extremely sloppy story or maybe it was just that I felt that Iâ
  96. Dec 11, 2011
    Assassin's Creed 2 in my opinion has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played just for the sheer fact that it was very engaging because of the story. Instead of trying to make a near perfect game even more perfect by taking time to re imagine and re think, Ubisoft decided to try and milk the franchise that is the heart of the company and so decided on yearly releases to try and compete with "Cod". This game shows why yearly releases arent as good as games that take 2-3 years to make. Brotherhood was okay but this seems to take it one step into the wrong direction. It felt un needed and it dissappointed me AND for that reason I reward it a 7. Expand
  97. Dec 10, 2011
    I'm fairy dissapointed in this game. For one its pretty short. Especially by AC standards.. Seriously what is up with this year.. Uncharted, MW3 and this game were all short. Big let down.....

Anyways before I get off point this game definently plays better than the rest of the AC series but the story just wasnt that interesting to me. By the end of the game I started getting into the
    characters but it was over in a chapter. And for me the conversations between Desmond and the modern day assassins is surley missed. By me atleast. It kepts a consistent update on the progress of the game in a more interesting way than this game did by far. But as I said thats just me. Graphics: Not amazing. It looks the same to me. That was until I played brotherhood and I did notice some differences but nothing drastic.

Overall, Good story, great gameplay and a deep soundtrack that works well as always in this series. Whatever Ubisoft does for the next game better have some drastic changes. Otherwise it's gonna end up being panned by followers of the series as MW3 was.
  98. Dec 10, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelation is a great game. Ezio final mission is great with better character and including one of the bestfunniest mission I have played in the series, I had a great time. The hook-blade is good for some thing, like going on the zip lines but it prevented me from doing the double air-assassination which i found that really unforgiving and it doesn't really add more to climbing. I didn't really like the den defense, I thought it was a bit pointless to me and just something that I tried to avoid because it just annoyed me. I loved playing as Altair again (especially now he has a proper Arabic accent not an American accent) and it really fills in some of the missing story points which was great. One thing is the better story and characters in this game, I did miss Leonardo da Vinci :'(, but the character here have personality which was missing in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. And now the online, it has been improved so much from Brotherhood, its quicker, better servers and just a better experience, it has been improved so much compared to Brotherhood. I loved it. But I'm really waiting out to Assassin's Creed 3 which has been announced for next year. This is a great game and I am having a good time. It has improved much from Brotherhood but still nothing could really beat AC 2, AC 2 driven out story and fleshed out characters really is the best in the series, so it better than Brotherhood for me but it isn't as good as AC 2. 8/10 Expand
  99. Dec 9, 2011
    I'm not giving this game a "6" because it's not good. It's very good, actually. Thing is, we are done with this franchise, unfortunately. The first one was good, AC2 was phenomenal and Brotherhood was incredible. But I really don't see much space to keep doing the same things over and over and over again - with little changes here and there. Like the boring as hell "castle defense" thing. Seriously, I think it's tame to take the franchise to another level (like an RPG or a strategy game). But there's no more space to keep it on the "open world" business. I think Revelations is a gorgeous game, with great content and personality, but it's tiresome to jump of viewpoints, pickpocket, jump up and down, buy and upgrade stuff and keep going with an over the top story. And what's up with the clunky-as-hell controls? This is the ONE thing they could have improved. But, NO. We still have to face absurd situations where Ezio feels like a war-tank instead of a stealthy assassin. Sometimes we need to MANEUVER Ezio, not move him, which most of the time means frustrating deaths and memory restarts. I love this franchise, with all my heart, but Ubisoft should now the perfect time to stop - and that was Brotherhood. No need for Revelations (although it' a great game) and REALLY no need of another Assassin's Creed. It's sad, I know, to even think that. But at least for me it's the plain truth. Expand
  100. Dec 8, 2011
    Assassins creed revelations is a good series finale that wraps up the plot lines or time lines of ezio or enzio auditore and Altair. some reviews have said the new castle sub game doesnt fit in but it never really interrupts the story main quest and can be played or ignored as can the assassins missions but playing these adds to the overall experience and even opens up some good side missions.

This years multiplayer has been improved greatly and you can get into a match within minutes. the online for the most part runs problem free and there are plenty of upgrades ways to play and customisation of youre characters. mp even includes more story cutscenes when you reach specific ranks. and files that add to the background story. setting the scene for next falls 12/12/12 desmonds timeline finale/beginning. 8.5 out of 10 as the mp is very good.
  101. Dec 29, 2011

1. Jan 19, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelations will satisfy those who are looking for more of the same but if you're expecting some major innovations, prepare to be disappointed. Revelations isn't a bad game, but the experience no longer feels fresh.
  2. The story is so meandering. [Jan 2012, p.76]
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    In the end, Revelations mostly feels like a step backwards that was probably rushed to market just to satisfy the need for a yearly installment.