Assassin's Creed PlayStation 3

7.3

1. AndrewL
    Oct 24, 2009
    It's funny how this game works. There's no doubt it is tedious, but no game is as much fun in bursts. You can play, love it, and stop. Then in a month you will pick it up again and play, love it, and stop. It's weird how the game does this, but I think our attention spans as humans don't last as long as they should. Running away from guards is so much fun, awesome It's funny how this game works. There's no doubt it is tedious, but no game is as much fun in bursts. You can play, love it, and stop. Then in a month you will pick it up again and play, love it, and stop. It's weird how the game does this, but I think our attention spans as humans don't last as long as they should. Running away from guards is so much fun, awesome music plays behind you as you bolt up walls and try to get away from them. It's a must have title and I'm glad its a release title with the PS3 Slim, that way newcomers to the PS3 can get a taste of what next gen games should be. A few years after its release and it still stands above most titles, both graphics and gameplay wise. Expand
  2. assanssinscreed
    Nov 24, 2007
    Brilliant animation, enormous cities, not enough sneakiness, too much talking! Stealth action at its best! Buy It!
  3. Nick
    Nov 26, 2007
    Chris is right. most reviews have to race through the game anfd i also take it one step at a time. If u play it slowly you will definately love this game.
  4. Jul 18, 2012
    What a Tremendous game! From the high flying acrobats to the Medieval charm this is one hell of a game! This Franchise has caught my eye and I am hooked! All I can say is wow, what a way to start of a series with a bang!
  5. Aug 17, 2012
    ASSASSIN'S CREED simply take you in the history. I liked the game play because one can feel himself as part of history and I really like the way how they portrait ancient civilization. Best Game if you love history and video games both :)
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    absolutely great game, no doubts. i pity the poor haters among us...
  7. Apr 3, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Good Points: The introduction of parkour (or free running)Assassin's Creed Good Points: The introduction of parkour (or free running) to videogames, and being able to interact with the environment. Combat, a bit frustrating for those who don't have agility with the controls. The idea of the animus, and struggle of Templars and Assassins for thousands of years. The hidden blade. The transformation of the main character, Altaïr. The mysterious atmosphere. Well constructed story. Massive cities, and the fluid, realistic people. Very nice graphics for the moment. Soundtrack. Bad Points: Very long cinematics, can get the player very, very, bored. The limited inventory. Not being able to enter the city with the horse. Present day was boring, you had to walk and go to sleep, to then get back to the animus. Getting chased by guards, for only touching them. Final Score: Assassin's Creed is a fun game, with a lot of nice ideas, but ideas that were not fully completed. It posses a story and background story very interesting, and the gameplay was nice but it could be really frustrating at times. Average Score: 8.2 Expand
  8. jimb
    Oct 27, 2009
    An absolute marvel of a game. Should've been Game of the Year!
  9. Anonymous
    Jan 2, 2008
    Besides the jumbled up storyline its open world environment was breathtaking and gameplay is respectable going around jumping and climbing using some of ubisofts great prince of persia mechanics but there is still more room for the future sequel and prequel we will hopefully see.
  10. BobW.
    Jan 7, 2008
    A mavelous game. Beautiful, huge settings, and an excellent story line.
  11. SteamZ.
    Jan 7, 2008
    Great Game, would be better if I can skip through sence.
  12. JH
    Jan 1, 2008
    Another great game to come out from '07, engaging story and a graphical marvel. The game play may be repetitive but this is truly a sandbox game.
  13. DavidH.
    Jan 14, 2008
    Fantastic game with great story, immersive and varied combat, gourgerous graphics, if a little repetative.
  14. MarkP.
    Jan 26, 2008
    This is a great game. These negative reviews on here don't do it justice. May be repetitive but the graphics and movement options are awesome. Climb, ride, jump, I am addicted. This game rocks!!
  15. PeterV.
    Jan 30, 2008
    The gameplay is solid and the story is engaging and interesting. There is a myriad of ways to tackle each mission making for a decent replay factor. The only hang up is that the game ocassionaly locks up. other than that its a great game and i can't wait for the second installment
  16. StevenC.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Environments are huge, game play is fun though previous comments about the repetitiveness is justified. I found the graphics to be quite good. Solid game overall.
  17. JamieS.
    Feb 12, 2008
    Really good game, and so far my fav. for the PS3. Great graphics, interesting storyline with a fantastic combat system. Which other game has such a varied way of killing someone? 3 blades and your fists. Each with various different kill shots. I never once got bored of the assassination missions and a person mentioned the fact that you COULD do stealth or you could just butcher everyone. Really good game, and so far my fav. for the PS3. Great graphics, interesting storyline with a fantastic combat system. Which other game has such a varied way of killing someone? 3 blades and your fists. Each with various different kill shots. I never once got bored of the assassination missions and a person mentioned the fact that you COULD do stealth or you could just butcher everyone. Well I chose the former for every assassination and maybe that is why you didnt enjoy the game... you are an assassin, not the terminator. Come in from the roof, kill your target and leave with out being seen... brilliant. Collapse
  18. SamR.
    Feb 16, 2008
    It is an incredibly realistic game. The climbing is brilliant and it is great to just run across the roof tops. The fighting is very well done especially the counter attacks
  19. BryanS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Unique story, great animations, and fun gameplay = Great game! Missions can get repetitive, but it doesn't make the game suffer that much, since you aren't forced to complete all of them if you choose not to.
  20. Jared
    Jul 16, 2008
    Come on people give it good reviews so it gets a non-repetitive sequel with splitscreen co-op. Anyway I thought this game was fun the 1st time around but not the 2nd time because the reason i didn't stop playing the 1st time was because I liked the story. The graphics are excellent and you should buy if you like story-driven games. seriously ubi put splitscreen co-op in the sequel. Come on people give it good reviews so it gets a non-repetitive sequel with splitscreen co-op. Anyway I thought this game was fun the 1st time around but not the 2nd time because the reason i didn't stop playing the 1st time was because I liked the story. The graphics are excellent and you should buy if you like story-driven games. seriously ubi put splitscreen co-op in the sequel. It would be intense. Expand
  21. Stuart
    Aug 10, 2008
    Good gameplay, great controls. Gets a little repetitive. Skimming the roof tops while evading guards after a hit is when the game shines.
  22. BobtheBuilder
    Sep 30, 2008
    Not much you could really ask for, the game is repetitive but hey, why complain when your repeating brilliance. graphics are awesome and the fighting scenes are also amazing - a must have for fans of prince of Persia and ps3 owners alike.
  23. JeremyL.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Unbelievably original. Like GTA with brains and stealth. The environment is a "see it to believe it" type of thing.
  24. CarlosG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    The controls in this game are very smooth, from accessing horses to fighting to climbing and shuffling around. very pleased indeed! not so stilted like hitman and thief. also, a very good story to go with the game! 10 out of 10 from me!!
  25. BethB.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Tremendous gameplay value here, the fight mode is spectacular, the music is breathtaking, the controls and movements of Altair as he jumps from rooftop and climbs walls... This game is by far the best game available for the XBOX 360, hands down.
  26. MichaelO.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Excellent. I really enjoyed this game: the storyline is fun, the action is enticing, the fights are brilliant, and after you are done with it...you can still play and have fun.
  27. Chris
    Nov 19, 2007
    I love this game and i struggled to see why so many of the critics failed to agree with me and i think iv finally figured it out. Most reviewers have only one or two days to review a game, and one of the biggest apparent flaws with the game is that its a bit repetitive, but this is coming from people who have raced through the game to finish the story so they can meet the deadline for I love this game and i struggled to see why so many of the critics failed to agree with me and i think iv finally figured it out. Most reviewers have only one or two days to review a game, and one of the biggest apparent flaws with the game is that its a bit repetitive, but this is coming from people who have raced through the game to finish the story so they can meet the deadline for their review, and alot of good games get repetitive if you play them non-stop. Whereas me, i play my games for about an hour and a half then i go and do something else so this game has not as yet felt repetitive because when i put the disc in i look forward to workin towards the assassination. So, the bottom line is, i your a hardcore gamer who must finish his game as quickly as possible, give this title a rent or a miss, however if like most people, you stop gaming... you know... to sleep and stuff, little things like that, then this shud definately be on the top of your list. Expand
  28. TravB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    It is totally awesome. thought it is better on the ps3 than the xbox 360, xbox just does quite bad with this quality. i do own both systems. assassins creed is a must have.
  29. JoshuaB.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Great game innovotive and original.
  30. MeganF.
    Dec 19, 2007
    Solid running-on-rooftops, very decent combat system, but... the game is very, very easy, giving you no real reason to USE said combat system to its fullest extent, etc. Very enjoyable if you like sandbox games and can ignore general ease of gameplay, not so good if you go into this expecting Hitman, or something particularly challenging. Think Prince of Persia in a sandbox world, with Solid running-on-rooftops, very decent combat system, but... the game is very, very easy, giving you no real reason to USE said combat system to its fullest extent, etc. Very enjoyable if you like sandbox games and can ignore general ease of gameplay, not so good if you go into this expecting Hitman, or something particularly challenging. Think Prince of Persia in a sandbox world, with the difficulty cranked down a few notches. Expand
  31. Gus
    Jan 22, 2008
    Great game. superb graphics to admire. ambitious and excting to play.
  32. DanishA.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Awesome graphics and really great gameplay. Interesting gameplay and the story is interesting throughout the game. This game should have a better rating than what it has right now.
  33. AnonymousMC
    Mar 27, 2008
    This game is undeniably brilliant graphically and in gameplay. Although some of the missions can seem similar and rather easy, you get heavily involved in the unique story and freedom of exploring the cities. Unfortunately, it is only a 'play once' game. It would have been better if the game ended in a way that allowed you to play on similar to games like 'grand theftThis game is undeniably brilliant graphically and in gameplay. Although some of the missions can seem similar and rather easy, you get heavily involved in the unique story and freedom of exploring the cities. Unfortunately, it is only a 'play once' game. It would have been better if the game ended in a way that allowed you to play on similar to games like 'grand theft auto'. However, there are other incentives such as collecting flags and things that can keep you occupied.
    The makers of the game should have made it a bit more realistic in some situations and improving the AI which was a bit annoying. Overall, a game worth buying for its unique nature and addictive gameplay.
  34. FabrizioF.
    Jun 17, 2009
    It is a game to be remembered. First of all, a very original idea of the game and awesome graphics. Also it is really fun killing soldiers in several different ways and there are nearly no glithes during gameplay.
  35. BestReviews
    Nov 13, 2007
    With the games out for the ps3 we should be very thanknful that we have something so much different to play for a little while. Graphics incredible, controls with a low-medium difficulty learning curve. Repetition does pose a little dissapointment but with a storyline as interesting as this, it finds a way to keep you playing until the very end, thank you ubisoft!
  36. YoungK.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I was pretty skeptical about this game because it looked like a sort of hitman rip-off, then i played it. it's nothing like hitman, and the storyline accounts for that. whereas hitman is a drunken-frat-fest kind of game, this is a thinking game, a history game (ubisoft keeps cranking these out don't they?), an a scientifically exhilarating game - i don't want to give away I was pretty skeptical about this game because it looked like a sort of hitman rip-off, then i played it. it's nothing like hitman, and the storyline accounts for that. whereas hitman is a drunken-frat-fest kind of game, this is a thinking game, a history game (ubisoft keeps cranking these out don't they?), an a scientifically exhilarating game - i don't want to give away any secrets. the ending will blow you away!! Expand
  37. BradlyL.
    Nov 14, 2007
    They haven't revealed the secret in the game yet.. the secret being WHY I BOUGHT THE GAME! But we all know that the game primarily takes place in 1191AD during the first crusade, but what's up with some of these glitchy things going on, such as "computer offline," when Altair dies? Three missions deep and I still don't know. But in the meantime this has been the most They haven't revealed the secret in the game yet.. the secret being WHY I BOUGHT THE GAME! But we all know that the game primarily takes place in 1191AD during the first crusade, but what's up with some of these glitchy things going on, such as "computer offline," when Altair dies? Three missions deep and I still don't know. But in the meantime this has been the most enjoyable time I've spent with a game in a while. I'm more into video games for the stories, the plot, the intrigue, and so I usually do RPGs, but this one caught my eye as soon as I saw some screens and read a little bit up on the issues involved. Assassinating leaders from the medieval era is probably the most exhilarating thing I've ever done in the video game... And the mystery... ugh, it makes MYST look like a level one Sudoku! :D Highly recommended, btw. Expand
  38. MarkF.
    Nov 14, 2007
    On the message boards they were saying that it was just going to be a hitman rip-off, but it's nothing like hitman. the gameplay, controls, graphics, physics engine, the developers, down to the plot, are totally original. i was caught off guard, didn't think the game would be THIS good, but it is.
  39. BenJ.
    Nov 14, 2007
    A little screen tearing here and there, no framerate issues for me. I am loving this game. Huge world to explore. Not a ten due to the screen tearing, but if we could do decimals, I'd give it a 9.4.
  40. TeddyB.
    Nov 16, 2007
    These graphics are so beautiful and smooth, what is the next "next-gen" system going to make games look like!! I read that AC was made by the same guys who did Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia (both games that I really like!) and the smoothness of gameplay shows this is true. Every movement, even the fighting (and pushing around.
  41. William
    Nov 20, 2007
    I would give this game a 9.1 It has great graphics and controls. I agree that it gets repetitive but the story was enought to keep me playing.
  42. ChristianNewton
    Nov 21, 2007
    *SPOILERS* A game not without it's faults, but still the best adventure game I have played this year. Almost like a mixture of Shadow Of The Colossus, Oblivion and Crackdown. I love the controversial plot twist, it adds something extra to the game for me. I know other players would have preferred the modern day elements to be removed from the game altogether, but to be honest I*SPOILERS* A game not without it's faults, but still the best adventure game I have played this year. Almost like a mixture of Shadow Of The Colossus, Oblivion and Crackdown. I love the controversial plot twist, it adds something extra to the game for me. I know other players would have preferred the modern day elements to be removed from the game altogether, but to be honest I don't think I would have been as interested in the game otherwise. Graphics are gorgeous, but I really am enjoying the combat and running across rooftops. 'Assassin's Creed' is just a fun game. Just don't go expecting 'GTA Holy Land!' Expand
  43. AndyK.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Amazing game...beautiful graphics, great story...a milestone! Great job Montreal!
  44. DanielVanHerwaarden
    Nov 25, 2007
    VERY fun and VERY innovative. The storyline draws in greatly with the gameplay and the graphics really good. (get it for the PS3)
  45. OzzyK.
    Nov 25, 2007
    I just bought this game 3 days ago. Im impressed! I love stealth like 3rd person games. If you liked the feel of GRAW2 then you'll love this game. I can sit for hours scaling roof tops like a cat or planning assasins etc. Visually the game is practically perfect. The story line is inticing, and the controls almost feel as if your in the game. Exciting stuff by Ubisoft.
  46. VoiceofReason
    Nov 26, 2007
    This is a quality game. If you believed the hype and were expecting christ to pop out of the screen then I could see why some people are angry. It seems like the only games that get reviewed positively these days are first person shooters or games with familiar engines. Try to give a gamer something different and they will get angry. If you take the time to learn how this game works then This is a quality game. If you believed the hype and were expecting christ to pop out of the screen then I could see why some people are angry. It seems like the only games that get reviewed positively these days are first person shooters or games with familiar engines. Try to give a gamer something different and they will get angry. If you take the time to learn how this game works then you will have an enjoyable experience. The graphics and environments are second to none. The gameplay is slightly above average. Expand
  47. SzakK.
    Nov 28, 2007
    The best game in the history of the play station, great life like graphics, awesome story line i like the stealth missions they are great that is why i am giving this game a 10.
  48. tomA
    Nov 4, 2009
    excellent combat, stealth, graphics and exploration, if only the missions were varied, it would be a perfect 10
  49. xxxxxx
    Nov 15, 2007
    I really want to give 8.8 but since the rating system here doesn't allow that.. 9. It's an exciting experience to play this game. If you mix and match difference pro reviews, you'll get the idea. While elements like graphics & animation are next-gen, AI is still last-gen. It amazes you for a couple of hours and it get repetitive very fast. It wasn't meant to be played I really want to give 8.8 but since the rating system here doesn't allow that.. 9. It's an exciting experience to play this game. If you mix and match difference pro reviews, you'll get the idea. While elements like graphics & animation are next-gen, AI is still last-gen. It amazes you for a couple of hours and it get repetitive very fast. It wasn't meant to be played through one-all-nighter. Play, relax, and play again... just don't rush to ruin the experience. Expand
  50. HughH.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This is a good game that has taken a big leap forward in the future of gaming. It is not as much a game as it is an interactive experience. You don't play Altair, you are Him! When bustling through streets running from guards or scaling rooftops to picking the best spot to leap on your prey, you are in his shoes make no mistake, it is intense. Casual gamers may not like this game This is a good game that has taken a big leap forward in the future of gaming. It is not as much a game as it is an interactive experience. You don't play Altair, you are Him! When bustling through streets running from guards or scaling rooftops to picking the best spot to leap on your prey, you are in his shoes make no mistake, it is intense. Casual gamers may not like this game because it can get repetitive after a few missions and the difficulty ramps up towards the end and also the feeling of not knowing where to go or what to do at some points but still, i have to applaud ubisoft for taking a chance and making this game memorable. Expand
  51. JonasL.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Beautiful and very Impressive. Potential to reach 10/10, but it does miss out on a few importent ingredienses. The ways to assassinate a target are very limited. The flags you can collect seem pointless. Why cant you disguise yourself? But it still is an amazing game. Nice work Montreal!
  52. DesmondM
    Dec 26, 2009
    You jump across the roof tops in three huge cities. Two roofs ahead is a bowman guarding. You discretely put your hidden blade up. Moves slowly against the back of the unaware guard. He hears you turns around says "Hey you are not supposed to..." then his neck is penetrated by a blade he can not see. He falls down towards the ground. People down there jumps away, scared when the body You jump across the roof tops in three huge cities. Two roofs ahead is a bowman guarding. You discretely put your hidden blade up. Moves slowly against the back of the unaware guard. He hears you turns around says "Hey you are not supposed to..." then his neck is penetrated by a blade he can not see. He falls down towards the ground. People down there jumps away, scared when the body falls down infront of them. They look up to see where it cae from. But you, you are gone. A fantastic game that I don't find repeatedly at all. To anyone that reads this: buy this game if you like awesome animations, great freedom and lots, lots of murders. Because you will murder a lot, and you will enjoy it. Mostly because of the animations and voice acting. Awesome! Expand
  53. Jan 23, 2012
    Picked this game up mega cheap. Figured it would be decent. It's fantastic. Atmospheric , beautiful. Throughly enthralling and the start of a series that I feel will keep me hooked. At times the missions were tedious but overall it was very enjoyable.
  54. Nov 28, 2010
    the combats a bit rubbish and after a while it gets really repetative. however, if your a fan of the series, you still need to buy it, as its still the same throat stabbing stabbiness that we love.
  55. Jun 22, 2011
    Assassin's Creed is visually stunning and one of the most unique games around, even with the two sequels already launched. But it's repetitive mission structure and lack of replay value do hurt the game a bit. None the less, the good story, fun combat, and unique gameplay make it worth checking out.
  56. Jul 8, 2011
    When I got this game over a year ago, I was expecting a cool original game and it mostly delivered. The story is good, but it can get confusing towards the middle. The gameplay is great on how you can carry out an assassination, but it does get really repetitive after the first few assassinations. The visuals are gorgeous, even to this day! The voice acting is also pretty good, butWhen I got this game over a year ago, I was expecting a cool original game and it mostly delivered. The story is good, but it can get confusing towards the middle. The gameplay is great on how you can carry out an assassination, but it does get really repetitive after the first few assassinations. The visuals are gorgeous, even to this day! The voice acting is also pretty good, but Altair's (The Assassin) voice sounds like an American. This is a great effort by Ubisoft and you should give this one a play. Expand
  57. May 7, 2011
    This is the best game in the Assassin's Creed franchise. The world is huge, realistic, and diversified. Every city is different. I love the realism in this game, the parquor in this game is slower then the other games in the series, but it mimics real life parquor, and one cool little thing that I actually can't stop noticing in the other games is that in this Assassin's Creed your robeThis is the best game in the Assassin's Creed franchise. The world is huge, realistic, and diversified. Every city is different. I love the realism in this game, the parquor in this game is slower then the other games in the series, but it mimics real life parquor, and one cool little thing that I actually can't stop noticing in the other games is that in this Assassin's Creed your robe flow in the wind, and the robes flow in different directions depending on you characters placement. The combat is the hardest in the series, so avoid big groups, but don't let that stop you from being bad ass. Expand
  58. Jul 3, 2011
    While fairly tedious and repetitive, Assassin's Creed is wildly imaginative in scope and story, and at the time of its release, exceptionally well presented and original. Though each assassination it not much different than the last, it's still satisfying to reach your mark and put your blade through his neck. I just finished this game and while I wanted to go through and do all of theWhile fairly tedious and repetitive, Assassin's Creed is wildly imaginative in scope and story, and at the time of its release, exceptionally well presented and original. Though each assassination it not much different than the last, it's still satisfying to reach your mark and put your blade through his neck. I just finished this game and while I wanted to go through and do all of the mini objectives (the vantage points, flags, civilian savings, etc.) they don't ever differ much and are therefore far too 'grind-y' to go through. This game certainly leaves on eager to pick up the next installments immediately. Expand
  59. Oct 19, 2011
    Great graphics and story, although gameplay gets quite repetitive after a while.
  60. Nov 9, 2011
    The graphics, fighting, and story are all good but it can get a bit repetitive. The map is really well made and there always seems to be something to do but sometimes you end up doing alot of the same thing over and over again.
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    En realidad un buen juego, excelente historia lo malo es que las misiones son repetitivas, una tras otra... Al principio ni las sientes pero a la mita del juego cuando ya has realizado lo mismo una y otra vez se vuelve pesado seguir....
  62. Nov 17, 2011
    When viewed retrospectively, there is no doubt that the Assassin's Creed series has come an extremely long way. Since we were first introduced to Desmond Miles and the Animus back in 2007, the gaming world has been treated to three (soon to be four) glorious titles- not including spinoffs- that pushed the power of their consoles to new heights in terms of visuals and gameplay. The story ofWhen viewed retrospectively, there is no doubt that the Assassin's Creed series has come an extremely long way. Since we were first introduced to Desmond Miles and the Animus back in 2007, the gaming world has been treated to three (soon to be four) glorious titles- not including spinoffs- that pushed the power of their consoles to new heights in terms of visuals and gameplay. The story of master assassin Altair Ibn-La' Ahad is the first of these games. Set in the Holy Land of the 12th century during the Third Crusade, the first Assassin's Creed title tells of the bitter conflict between two rival factions- the Brotherhood of Assassins led by Rashid ad-Din Sinan (referred to as "Al-Mualim") and the Templar Order led by Robert de Sablà Expand
  63. Apr 4, 2012
    Assassin's creed is a really great game to play. Its intricate to say the least and is truly alive. You'll explore three major cities of the Holy Land, each bustling with life and each with their own personality. This is one hell of a beautiful game. Not only are every object so layered but the cities are all to the right color and the shadows all pitch perfect. The soundtrack is even moreAssassin's creed is a really great game to play. Its intricate to say the least and is truly alive. You'll explore three major cities of the Holy Land, each bustling with life and each with their own personality. This is one hell of a beautiful game. Not only are every object so layered but the cities are all to the right color and the shadows all pitch perfect. The soundtrack is even more impressive composing of perfect background noise, great voice acting from supporting cast and an epic score. Also the story adds bulk to all this and glues it all together, leaving all this in a coherent likable whole. All this would be nothing of course if it wasn't for great gameplay and an all-round entertaining experience. Combat also present that perfect balance of not being too hard nor too easy and is a very satisfying experience. But even tough combat is flowing, it is not always the best option and I advise to take most situations slowly. A small blemish to this beautiful world is the unnatural focus of certain parts of gameplay, most citizens say the same thing, saving a citizen goes on the same route for every city, vigilantes are always present at the same place....etc. Also the ending is complete ***** and ruins the whole game but I won't go into that. Also there are a couple of glitches which we can forgive because its so huge. So all in all if you forget the ending and the repetition assassin's creed is a truly great game which sucks you in and would be very difficult to let you go. Expand
  64. Jan 17, 2012
    Though it may be repetitive but I still find myself enjoying this game very much. There is a sense of quality from the sway of Atair's robes in the wind as he stands still to the way soldier's twist and turn on the ground, half dead after a brutal attack from Altair's sword. This is consider my second Assassin's creed game I played after the second and although the second had more varietyThough it may be repetitive but I still find myself enjoying this game very much. There is a sense of quality from the sway of Atair's robes in the wind as he stands still to the way soldier's twist and turn on the ground, half dead after a brutal attack from Altair's sword. This is consider my second Assassin's creed game I played after the second and although the second had more variety in it's game play, I felt this game just had more realism. Visually, the game makes sense to me; Altair dress appropriately for the time and therefore seems more believable than Ezio who sticks out like a sore thumb in a crowd of NPCs. I wish the developers took this game and improve it more with a second installment instead of improving the gameplay but took a back seat in terms of realism with Assassin's Creed II. Expand
  65. May 15, 2014
    A great game with a great plot. While it doesn't have the smoothest way of easing you into the game (aside from tutorials for single attacking/defending techniques the controls are not shown in a intuitive way, with everything thrown at you from the start rather than a few important buttons at a time), and the game-play can be a little repetitive (though once you do figure out all theA great game with a great plot. While it doesn't have the smoothest way of easing you into the game (aside from tutorials for single attacking/defending techniques the controls are not shown in a intuitive way, with everything thrown at you from the start rather than a few important buttons at a time), and the game-play can be a little repetitive (though once you do figure out all the different controls and counter/dodge techniques the repetitiveness can allow you room to improve yourself), AC is one of the most exciting and unique (from a story-point) games ever made. Expand
  66. Jan 10, 2013
    One of the most original concepts ever in the history of gaming. A historical adventure set in the crusader-era holy land with our main hero a member of one of the most notorious and maligned orders ever. A combonation of stealth, problem solving, combat, and treasure hunting - all while roaming the streets of ancient Jerusalem and Acre, among others - how cool is that?

The graphics

The graphics and animations are top-notch and the gameplay is logical and addicting. Couple that with detalied research and compelling storytelling and you have the makings of a series with an almost endless supply of stories.

Though the gameplay can get a little repetitive near the end of the adventure, and some of the treasures are really tough to find, this is a game for even the casual gamer's collection.
  67. Jun 12, 2012
    The repetition is necessary in engaging the player in what it is like to be an assassin with multiple targets. Altair is a wonderfully mysterious character that embarks on a mission of ridding the world of the corrupt. The story is solid, the characters are welcoming and the action is amazing. Highly recommend.
  68. Aug 14, 2012
    AC is visually stunning, and the gameplay is fun. The story can be predictable, but It's interesting. Now, Assassin's Creed is the second best looking AC game, for my opinion, but It's not the best. The game can feel repetitive at times, and It haves some glitches. But, this game kicks asses, means that it's great. 83 out of 100
  69. Sep 9, 2012
    Just a perfectly made game with great detail and obvious effort put into the main elements of the game: runnung and fighting. The story is one of my favourites and signals for more assassin games to come
  70. Apr 28, 2013
    Assassins Creed is a game to remember. It can be tedious and overwhelming if you're a completionist but it's well worth it.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Not is best feature. The story is kind of confusing and the characters lack charisma but the middle age setting is absolutely great and saves the day.
    PRESENTATION: Beautiful. The middle age setting really shines and the interaction with the game's NPC's is great. When climbing a tower and unlocking a viewpoint you can see just how good the game looks.
    GAMEPLAY: Totally satisfying. Assassination has never been so cool until now. You can climb anything with almost no restrictions, you can jump to a bale of hay and come out unharmed and you can fight and finish your foes with great satisfaction.
    PROGRESSION: With the exception of the combat moves is practically unexisting and that's a good thing because it keeps you focused on the setting.
    ONLINE: It has not Online features and that's ok because this is a single experience.
    CONCLUSION: Assassins Creed is a great game that will be the beginning of a great game franchise on the years to come.
  71. Oct 8, 2015
    This game is really unique. The social stealth aspect is great, although the game has very glitchy controls. It's still a very good video game. I like!
  72. Aug 21, 2014
    Pros: great story with some basis in history (the Middle East during the Crusades), highly interactive (including free running, climbing, crowd interactions, multiple fighting styles and weapons, horses), and an outstanding starting point to a series that gets better with each new game.

Cons: highly repetitive, little variety in missions, lacks some of the more advanced game setup and gameplay features (ex. new fighting skills, new weapons, better user interface)
  73. Aug 17, 2013
    7.5 out of 10 (rounded off to 8).

7.5 out of 10 (rounded off to 8).

It's an interesting experiment and an excellent idea, but it could've been done better. With a confusing story and repetitive missions, it can certainly pull away from the experience at times. But on the other hand, the story (although confusing on the details) kept me interested and the gameplay was over-all fun and exciting, not to mention that the variety in things to do in this open world can keep you coming back for more long after you've finished the game.
  74. Oct 2, 2013
    This series is one of my favorites, this game however is not. While it was ambitious it still had flaws. The protagonist voice acting is generic and basic, a confusing story at first but a required confusion for the rest of the series. My main complaint was mission recycling. On every new sequence of the game it was the same missions from the previous level. After a good start it gotThis series is one of my favorites, this game however is not. While it was ambitious it still had flaws. The protagonist voice acting is generic and basic, a confusing story at first but a required confusion for the rest of the series. My main complaint was mission recycling. On every new sequence of the game it was the same missions from the previous level. After a good start it got boring quickly. However, good graphics, action, stealth mechanics, and parkour elements make the game unique and its worth at least a play through. Simplicity and repetition keeps this game from being a must play in my opinion. Expand
  75. Nov 16, 2013
    This game looks stunning and the best part of it is probably standing on top of one of the high towers of Damascus, Acre or Jerusalem and enjoying the beautiful view. The old narrow roads and crowded markets capture the atmosphere perfectly too. Where the game lacks a bit though is the gameplay. The build up to every assassination, where you have to eavesdrop on people, get information andThis game looks stunning and the best part of it is probably standing on top of one of the high towers of Damascus, Acre or Jerusalem and enjoying the beautiful view. The old narrow roads and crowded markets capture the atmosphere perfectly too. Where the game lacks a bit though is the gameplay. The build up to every assassination, where you have to eavesdrop on people, get information and perform other tasks to help you plan the perfect kill and getaway is fun at first, but it can get very repetitive, since you'll be doing the same thing over and over again. That doesn't mean that the game is boring though, if you take it slowly, as a true assassin, the way it was meant to be played, you will indulge in that slow and stealthy process of acquiring information and studying your target. If you rush through the game on the other hand in an attempt to complete it as fast as possible, you will probably get bored of the very similar and repetitive missions fast. Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2013
    This game was going to be an exclusive for the playstation 3 but ended up going multiplatform and many people said they had glitches in the game but mine was perfect. Amazing 10/10 game.
  77. Jan 28, 2014
    I just have to give this a ten due to the simple fact of how addicting this game can be. When I completed the game I felt I wanted more. That's a sign of a good game.
  78. Jun 24, 2014
    These days Assassin's Creed has become a cultural phenomenon, with toys, books and an upcoming seventh entry. However, it all comes back to the humble first entry. As is expected, the story is imaginative and full of historical characters and events. It follows the life of Altair Ib'n La Ahad, a disgraced assassin who must reclaim his honour by killing nine men in the Holy Land. The storyThese days Assassin's Creed has become a cultural phenomenon, with toys, books and an upcoming seventh entry. However, it all comes back to the humble first entry. As is expected, the story is imaginative and full of historical characters and events. It follows the life of Altair Ib'n La Ahad, a disgraced assassin who must reclaim his honour by killing nine men in the Holy Land. The story is gripping at the start and towards the end, but is a bit too predictable in the middle, much like the gameplay. The unique puppeteering control scheme is effective, the free running mechanics are highly advanced for the time and the combat is slightly tedious, if fun and full of some cool animation work. The game's greatest achievement is it's open world: a technological marvel even in this day and age and a consistently cool place to explore. With numerous collectibles, side missions and challenges, there is no doubt that this game is full of content. The investigation work is key to every one of the assassination sand these play out like small side tasks, but soon get monotonous. The first three assassinations are entertaining and while each kill is unique and entertaining, the work leading up to them isn't. It gets a little old, but this is the game's only fault. The present day sections are simple and evolve upon the story of the assassins and the Templars and they are no where near as faulted as they are today (looking at you Revelations). The story is enjoyable, the graphics are great (for its time), the score and voice work are both marvellous and the controls are excellent. If you're just jumping into the series now, make sure you start with the first to get the best impact- you will not be disappointed! Expand
  79. Aug 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed
    Game-play:The game play is good the sword play in combination with it's difficulty make you feel like a warrior. The only problem is that the game play is a bit slow.
    Story:Very good deep story that will hold you about 10 to 12 hours and as you continue the game the story becomes even better and at the end there is a great boss battle Graphics:Graphics are good not much
    Assassin's Creed
    Graphics:Graphics are good not much more to say
    Notes:I would appreciate more weapons in the game but the game is a masterpiece that every gamemer must have.
  80. Oct 19, 2014
    The first game in the Assassin's Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos andThe first game in the Assassin's Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history. Expand
  81. Nov 12, 2014
    It may not be a perfect entry point, but Assassin's Creed is the start of a new franchise that breathes promise into the industry. Ubisoft have something special on their hands and with care, it will flourish into something great, something to be remembered.

Historical games are a rarity and Ubisoft have somehow interested us with a history lesson. There are evident shortcomings, but

There are evident shortcomings, but hopefully by the sequel they will have been rectified.

Counter-kills are fun, allowing you to take on many foes and feel like pro taking them down, one by one. Scaling up walls with your parkour skills is another fun feature. Blending is hilarious (simply put your hands together in prayer and walk slowly).

Although highly repetitive, the game satisfies our open world curiosity.

The inability to swim is annoying, but a limitation that adds to the challenge of the game. Who knows, maybe people of the era were unable to swim.

No matter how many faults there are, you will eagerly await what the sequel has in store.
  82. Jan 18, 2015
    AC 1 is a great game.Nice characters, perfect story and wonderful but repetitive gameplay.It is one of the best choises for the begining of the series.It is not as good as its sequels but if u want to know it all started buy it
  83. Apr 21, 2016
    Assassin's Creed is a 2007 action-adventure stealth video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft.

Desmond is captured by Abstergo and forced to use a machine called the Animus to explore Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad's memories during the time of the Third Crusade. Desmond begins to witness events after Altaïr breaks all three tenets of the Assassin Brotherhood while attempting to stop Robert de Sablé from taking a Piece of Eden. Al Mualim, the Brotherhood's leader, demotes Altaïr to Novice and tasks him with assassinating the nine Knights Templars, including de Sablé, to regain his former status. Altaïr's quest eventually leads him to face de Sablé in the presence of King Richard I of England warning the King of de Sablé's plot to kill him. Altaïr defeats de Sablé, but with his last words, de Sablé reveals that there were ten Templars, the last being Al Mualim, who now holds the Piece of Eden. Altaïr returns to face Al Mualim, struggling to fight through the illusions created by the Piece, but eventually kills Al Mualim. When Altaïr recovers the piece, he—and those watching the Animus—witness a holographic map showing locations across the globe where other artifacts are located. Desmond is pulled from the Animus, and was going to be killed, but his life is spared by Lucy Stillman, an Assassin working as a mole within Abstergo, as she claims they might need to further examine his memories later. He comes to learn that a former test subject had left messages only Desmond can see, foretelling of the end of the world in 2012.

The first Assassin's Creed introduced elements that would remain cornerstones of the rest of the series. The game attempts to create historical versions of Masyaf (the Brotherhood's location), Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus, and incorporates a number of documented historical figures into the story. The virtualized Animus system, free running, climbing, stealth, and parkour elements were all present in this title, as well as the initial formulation of the combat system. The player would have to complete a number of side quests before they would be able to obtain an assassin quest from a local Brotherhood guidemaster in each city, though future games would abandon this prerequisite

+ Past and Present Story
    + The Assassin Creed and Templar Order
    + Desmond and Altair
    + The Third Crusade
    + Great Open World Action Adventure Game
  84. Nov 21, 2015
    The first Assassin's creed had genious in the story and world writing in the game, while sacrificing gameplay variety and side quests.

One of the most atmospheric and best open world games of its generation, and the pioneering installment to its franchise; Assassin's Creed was the backdrop I wished the future installments always went backed to, revolving around templars and assassin's.

(8/10)
  85. Nov 24, 2015
    It's not my favorite game, by any means, but it was great. It had some good graphics and it played smoothly. Some of the assassinations DID get old because they seemed to be the same thing over and over. But after a while, when you started going back to the same city... it did change a little (to me) it got harder. On to the story... it had a great story and a nice POV on the A.D. times.It's not my favorite game, by any means, but it was great. It had some good graphics and it played smoothly. Some of the assassinations DID get old because they seemed to be the same thing over and over. But after a while, when you started going back to the same city... it did change a little (to me) it got harder. On to the story... it had a great story and a nice POV on the A.D. times. The assassin's and the templars. I like how it wasn't about saving anyone... it was about regaining your honor within the brotherhood.

Only thing I might say bad about it; the climbing could have been better.
  86. Aug 16, 2016

+ Interesting Story
    + Good Characters
    + Past and Present
    + Graphics
    + Characters Animations
    + Parkour

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
  2. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.
    It attempts a lot of ambitious things and it almost succeeds at every one. But it's apparent that these grandiose ideas may have been a little too much to master the first go-round. But hey, at least the groundwork is laid for a killer sequel -- right, Ubisoft?