7.4

1. Sep 28, 2011
    This game has some great ideas, but they didn't get it right until the next game. The story is ridiculous - why all this crap about the animus and Desmond? That really put me off, god. The gameplay is sometimes incredibly fun, but often so frustrating and repetitive. I really see no point in playing this game, unless you want to punish yourself. Go straight to AC II which is the same as this game - only great. Expand
  2. Feb 20, 2012
    Assassin's Creed has decent graphics and average controls / gameplay. The problem is, the game lacks so much. The gameplay is very very repetitive. The cut scenes are unskippable and very frustrating and unmeaningful. This game was a nice graphic open world showdown in 2007. At 2012, a large part of players wouldn't enjoy playing this. It has gone old fast and that is why you should buy Assassin's Creed II and skipping this if you're coming to the series. This first game will appeal to some but only a few who can handle the ridicilous repetitiveness. To others, the game is both frustrating and dull. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    Being a big fan of the series and having played them all, it is still amazing to me how such a poor game, sparked such a successful franchise. If it was not for 2 being so great, and Ezio so hilariously awesome, im afraid this great franchise would have died. In one, you learn very little if not nothing about the story other than who the "bad guys" are, so i often encourage people to just skip to 2. but story aside the gameplay is so broken and tedious that combat is boring and should be avoided. things that work in the "tutorial" arena sometimes dont work in the actual gameplay. The only combat system that actually works is countering so combat is waiting for the other guy to strike, because attacking doesnt work and often will kill you fast. Having a broken combat system in a game where you often fight 10 or more enemies is very tedious. As well, this game could have been renamed Climbing and Walking Extra Slowly, simulator, as you spend the majority of the game climbing buildings or or not trying to get caught with a broken sneaking system. The game is also super repetitive. No joke, you do the EXACT SAME THING NINE TIMES. Nintey percent of the game, is repeating the mission you just did over and over and over again. There is zero incentive to play accept to see the ending, which lame and made no sence and actually hard to even find because people didnt even know what to do. Save yourself the time and money and just skip to 2. Two is incredibly better just from the start. no more broken combat or stealth systems and you actually feal like the game is different from beginning to end. Expand
  4. Aug 3, 2012
    I didn't play this game until a few years after it was released which may have caused me to have a high expectation from it given how much attention the series has received but I didn't like this game at all. I disliked it so much that I had to force myself to finish it so that I would never want to play it again. Assassin's Creed has so much potential and in the beginning showed a lot of promise. But once you get about an hour into the game you have experienced all there is to it. The story consists of doing the exact same set of missions over and over and they are not even fun quests. The developers clearly put a lot of work into the stealth and movement systems but then put that effort to waste with the horrible use of it in the missions. I also did not like the combat system: any time you had to fight more than one guy (which is most of the time) you spend most of your time waiting for someone to attack you so you can block and counterattack which becomes very tedious... like everything else in the game. There are also numerous incredibly annoying parts in this game from heralds shouting the same speech at every other corner in the cities, how very slowly he climbs walls (he does everything else fast, why so slow here?), how many more sword fights there are than assassinations, and most of all the beggar woman who just won't take no for an answer.

This does show promise for the rest of the series but I was very disappointed with this one and suggest skipping over it. My favourite moments from the game were stabbing the overly annoying beggar woman, throwing countless guards off the rooftops, and finishing the game so I could put it back in its case never to be played again.
  5. Jul 11, 2011
    This game is ridiculously unpolished. The game says that if you start a fist fight, the guards won't care. I start a fistfight, and the guards start attacking me. That pretty much summarizes the inconsistency of this game. It's just completely overshadowed by its successors. The "cutscenes" are pitiful, the voice acting of the main character is laughable, there are just so many things wrong with this game. Expand
  6. Nov 23, 2011
    Terrible game. no matter people say don't buy this game like if they say ASSASSASSins is the best game evr don't believe. ItS aLl crap its just a piss poor open world version of prince of persia that gets repitive really fast. The only good thing about this is Nolan North but barely let him speak WHY????. Most overrated game franchise since Elder Scrls go play Uncharted. YES?

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
  2. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.
    It attempts a lot of ambitious things and it almost succeeds at every one. But it's apparent that these grandiose ideas may have been a little too much to master the first go-round. But hey, at least the groundwork is laid for a killer sequel -- right, Ubisoft?