Assassin's Creed PlayStation 3

7.3

1. Apr 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is a great game but it has a couple of serious faults: The information gathering missions are repetitive and feel very much like busy work. The sprawling over-world is boring to traverse and is better skipped completely... But that's about it for the negative aspects. The positive? Assassin's Creed has great graphics, an interesting plot and atmospheric music. It totallyAssassin's Creed is a great game but it has a couple of serious faults: The information gathering missions are repetitive and feel very much like busy work. The sprawling over-world is boring to traverse and is better skipped completely... But that's about it for the negative aspects. The positive? Assassin's Creed has great graphics, an interesting plot and atmospheric music. It totally succeeds in taking you to a foreign world and supplying adventure. The climbing system in this game is wonderful and scaling the many towers to sync your view is a fun, relaxing task. The assassinations themselves give you complete freedom to go about the task in anyway you see fit (something the more scripted sequels lack). It gives you the target and the means to kill it... The rest is up to you. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great start to a franchise. People often state that AC2 is a better game, but I disagree. The freedom you have in this first title more fun in my opinion. The sequel became too limited and pushy with it's directions. That said, AC Brotherhood successfully combines the elements of the first two games to brilliant effect and IS better than this original title. If you are new to the Assassin's Creed franchise, this first effort will give you a solid experience... And one that's minus the confusion of a story already half told. Expand
  2. May 18, 2015
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    I thought this game was supposed to involve some sort of stealth? That's how the y promoted it. Or at least some strategy. How I played it? The easiest way off course. I just went to the guy that needed to be killed. Stood in the crowd and waited for everyone to attack me. Then I simple countered everything with one button untill everyone is killed and run away. Yeey mission cleared!
    That
    That being said, walking, running, climbing in this game is amazing, the game looks great and there is appeal. It's just the gameplay that's lacking.
    It's too much of the same plus the controls are not intuïtive at all. How many times have I jumped off a tall building to die, just because of not being able to master the controls?
  4. Feb 23, 2013
    Graphics and Cities were beautiful were beautiful at the time of the release. The story also succeeds but the gameplay is repetitious and AC suffers from that.
  5. Mar 24, 2011
    This game has so much potential. The graphics and pixels are stunning. The sword play is smooth and impressive that I have ever seen to date. The voice acting is great with the big exception of the main character whose monotone american accent is obviously out-of-place with the others. To many game freezes for a PS3 frustrated me a lot. I found myself being very annoyed at having to saveThis game has so much potential. The graphics and pixels are stunning. The sword play is smooth and impressive that I have ever seen to date. The voice acting is great with the big exception of the main character whose monotone american accent is obviously out-of-place with the others. To many game freezes for a PS3 frustrated me a lot. I found myself being very annoyed at having to save what seemed to be the same person from soldiers like over fifty times. And what is up with those flags? I could care less how many I got. Expand
  6. Jan 6, 2016
    Whilst the game is initially enjoyable, it becomes repetitive. The settings are slightly lacking in atmosphere and the control scheme is weak. Nevertheless, the first instalment of the Assassin's Creed franchise provided a world of promise, with an intriguing story and innovative gameplay that was fit to excel in later renditions.
  7. Apr 15, 2011
    liked this game quite a bit i just wish there was a bit more variety but the game has amazing graphics and a story that made me keep coming back for more and steadily gets harder and harder with fluid movements and precise controls although i never finished the game because part way through it stopped telling me where to go which annoyed me and i never picked it up again but i plan to doliked this game quite a bit i just wish there was a bit more variety but the game has amazing graphics and a story that made me keep coming back for more and steadily gets harder and harder with fluid movements and precise controls although i never finished the game because part way through it stopped telling me where to go which annoyed me and i never picked it up again but i plan to do so and try again with another copy of this game Expand
  8. May 16, 2016
    "Assassin's Creed" fue muy interesante, con una historia prometedora y gráficos, que en su momento era de lo mejor del catálogo de PlayStation 3, sirvió para darle vida a un juego que se convirtió en insignia para Ubisoft.
    En general el juego no ofrece mucho, la mecánica consiste en averiguar en las grandes ciudades datos que te faciliten el asesinato del objetivo que te da el gremio, para esto debes salvar ciudadanos, escuchar conversaciones, robar información, interrogar secuaces y trepar las torres más altas para completar el mapa, luego debes entrar en conflicto con el objetivo. Esa formula se repite cuatro o cinco veces y es todo el juego.
    En general es aburrido, pero el inicio y el final son interesantes y te hacen querer saber cómo continúa la serie.
    En general este es un juego al que se le perdonó mucho porque era de los primeros de la generación, para los estándares de hoy es un mal juego o uno regular, pero merece puntos por haber sido en su tiempo uno de los más elaborados.
    Recomiendo mejor conseguir la versión "Director's cut" para PC o en su defecto la de 360 por tener trofeos y prolongarle un poco más la vida al juego.
  9. Apr 11, 2016
    how this game works. There's no doubt it is tedious, but no game is as much fun in bursts. You can play, love it, and stop. Then in a month you will pick it up again and play, love it, and stop. It's weird how the game does this, but I think our attention spans as humans don't last as long as they should. Running away from guards is so much fun,
  10. May 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is good and fun, but repetitive and gets boring fast. And the story is not interesting. Still, It haves a huge beautiful world, fun gameplay and realistic graphics. But I expected for way more thing. (7.3)
  11. Feb 4, 2013
    Very much a game that hasn't aged well at all. The sequels are all far superior and this feels like a tech-demo of what the games would become. The game has massive potential in all areas but falls on its face in most. The free-running is probably the most fun part of the game as it feels realistic and is enjoyable exploring the massive cities and scaling the towers is very cool. HoweverVery much a game that hasn't aged well at all. The sequels are all far superior and this feels like a tech-demo of what the games would become. The game has massive potential in all areas but falls on its face in most. The free-running is probably the most fun part of the game as it feels realistic and is enjoyable exploring the massive cities and scaling the towers is very cool. However the missions are boring and repetitive, the combat is a chore and the best tactic is to simply constantly block the enemy's attacks and late in the game when you are faced with large groups of foes this becomes very frustrating. finally the story goes nowhere, before playing the sequels I thought the Desmond parts of the game were completely unnecessary as they added nothing and simply confused me. Overall I would skip this game if you want to get into the franchise unless you are super interested in it as you wont really miss anything story-wise and certainly not gameplay wise. Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2014
    No variety, you will do the same things over and over again even the cities look quiet the same. The story is alright but you can see the plot-twist from a mile away so it is not really interesting. Controls are just terrible on the brink to unplayable. What kept me playing were the good graphics and the awesome main assassin missions, the rest is forgettable.
  13. Jun 14, 2016
    The first game in the AC franchise was like a breath of fresh air when it was first released in November 2007. Created by Ubi Soft Montreal, the team responsible for the PS2/XBOX "Prince of Persia" trilogy, it was promoted as an open-world "Hitman"-type game set during the days of the Holy Crusades. But those who played it discovered it was really an action-adventure with a sci-fi twist.The first game in the AC franchise was like a breath of fresh air when it was first released in November 2007. Created by Ubi Soft Montreal, the team responsible for the PS2/XBOX "Prince of Persia" trilogy, it was promoted as an open-world "Hitman"-type game set during the days of the Holy Crusades. But those who played it discovered it was really an action-adventure with a sci-fi twist. This first entry placed players into the shoes of Desmond Miles, a kidnapped bartender forced into entering the "Animus", a Matrix-like computer simulation. His goal is to access a lost memory that belonged to one of his ancestors. This memory contains the whereabouts to the "Apple of Eden", an object containing knowledge needed for world domination through "mind control". Desmond is caught between a centuries-old war between two ancient factions; the Assassins and the Templars. The latter have taken him captive.

Unfortunately, the PS3 version of "Assassin's Creed" lacks Trophies and suffers from a bad framerate. There is also frequent screen-tearing that occurs. The gameplay itself can be become repetitive due to the very limited side-quests and the repetitive structure. In order to gain abilities and knowledge, Altair (Desmond's ancestor) must assassinate nine radical leaders who seem to be agents of evil. He is a tool throughout the game being kept in the dark from the truth. The sword fighting is interesting since it's not really a hack 'n slash affair, but it can get old quick. The same can be said for the optional objectives which sometimes must be completed in order to advance the story. In the end, the visuals and innovative parkour movements are more impressive than the gameplay itself.

Overall, "Assassin's Creed" is a groundbreaking game that should be played by fans of action-adventures. It's not a masterpiece in any way, but the graphics, story and combat/parkour are all good. You may not play it through twice, but you'll probably be impressed with some of it. The XBOX 360 has a higher resolution, solid framerate and contains Achievements. For that, I'd rate it with a 7.7. The PS3 is more of a 7.5 because of its technical issues.
  14. Aug 12, 2014
    Had potential but overall a wholly unsatisfying and frustrating experience. While the free running/parkour can be heaps of fun there is far too much repetition with every other aspect and after just a few hours you're hoping for the experience (and dare I say it, pain) to end. Also contains one of the worst endings in video game history.
  15. May 19, 2013
    My friends kept on talking about how good this game was so I decided to try it out. I was immediately taken in by the story. The crusades has been done before in games but not like this, I was taken in by the Assassin's and Templar's secret agenda and the arifact of Eden was a really good idea, one that ubisoft has made a now mainstream franchise out of, and that's what kept me going withMy friends kept on talking about how good this game was so I decided to try it out. I was immediately taken in by the story. The crusades has been done before in games but not like this, I was taken in by the Assassin's and Templar's secret agenda and the arifact of Eden was a really good idea, one that ubisoft has made a now mainstream franchise out of, and that's what kept me going with this game. The gameplay itself is not up to the same level as the story and mythology is I'm afraid. It starts out really fun being a super agile, parkouring assassin but the game gets to repetitive. Its basically the same thing the whole time, gather info, kill target, new location, repeat. Also my copy was extremely glitchy, The game froze several times causing me to have to start missions over. It was the story that kept me going though and if your interested in the origins of this now huge franchise then its worth a look. Good but could be better (as AC2 proved) Expand
  16. Oct 13, 2014
    The start of a renown gaming franchise, the original Assassin's Creed game performs well, introducing a gripping narrative and story-line.

Not too much should be expected from this early installment, the game-play is good, but could be improved. Several game-play mechanics are iconic, such as viewpoints and the Hidden Blade, a good first impression to layout the future sequels. 7/10 -

7/10 - Ben Hazelden
  17. Mar 22, 2015
    The first installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise may have started a gaming legend but its first title was no masterpiece. There seems to be a lack of variety here and it becomes a bit repetitive late into the game. Thankfully, Assassin's Creed is by no means terrible. The gameplay itself is extremely fun even if the combat leaves a bit to be desired. The Parkour shown is definitelyThe first installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise may have started a gaming legend but its first title was no masterpiece. There seems to be a lack of variety here and it becomes a bit repetitive late into the game. Thankfully, Assassin's Creed is by no means terrible. The gameplay itself is extremely fun even if the combat leaves a bit to be desired. The Parkour shown is definitely one of the best aspects here. Expand
  18. Apr 22, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is a good game, but eventually became a bit repititivo, following a linear mechanical excicivamente despite the open world.
    However still has a great story and gives rise to one of the biggest video game series today.
  19. Jan 2, 2013
    I loved how the game style and all that stuff. A bit present days and medival days. Brilliant idea. But it turns out the storyline is VERY confusing. I had to do sh*t tons of research understand 100% fully the storyline. At first i dont know who is that guy lying on the animus and why does he had to do that. Also, it took me a while to know wat is happening, the objectives are confusing.I loved how the game style and all that stuff. A bit present days and medival days. Brilliant idea. But it turns out the storyline is VERY confusing. I had to do sh*t tons of research understand 100% fully the storyline. At first i dont know who is that guy lying on the animus and why does he had to do that. Also, it took me a while to know wat is happening, the objectives are confusing. After finishing one objective, i cant find ANY OTHER objective in the map. I went to all the viewpoints, save all civilians and all that small objectives. I STILL cant find any objective. But overall, i think this is something very creative and special, like something very rare s gonna happened to video games now. Expand
  20. Jul 5, 2011
    Never before has a game managed to make me screaming my voice out one minute, then having a blast the next. Sometimes, it's fun and challenging, others it's tedious and needlessly difficult. The positives vastly outweigh the negatives though, and thus this game, in my opinion, deserves a positive score.
  21. Mar 22, 2012
    Few times I have been so disappointed when playing a game as I was when playing Assassin's Creed. You can see that there is a lot of potential in the game's formula, but it's repetitive tasks and dull story make playing extremely boring. You climb a tower to reveal the portion of the map you are in, eavesdrop in a conversation, save a citizen from bully guards, steal a letter from someoneFew times I have been so disappointed when playing a game as I was when playing Assassin's Creed. You can see that there is a lot of potential in the game's formula, but it's repetitive tasks and dull story make playing extremely boring. You climb a tower to reveal the portion of the map you are in, eavesdrop in a conversation, save a citizen from bully guards, steal a letter from someone and then assassinate a target. Now you do it again and again. Combat is fun and instinctive, graphics are excellent and the assassination missions are good, but that doesn't make up for the various flaws present in tedious game. Expand
  22. Dec 11, 2012
    This was a good game, very neat idea back in the day and loved the setting and story, The first part of the game is the best, it starts off really strong, beautiful game with great animations and art style with a cinematic presentation but that starts falling off really after the first city.
  23. Jun 19, 2013
    As my first rated M game it will always have a special place in my heart. This game despite its flaws brought me into the world of Assassin's Creed, and now I'm stuck in the world and this has become one of my favorite series ever.
  24. Aug 9, 2013
    EN: Assassin's Creed presents an outstanding idea, but the poorly made stealth system, clunky controls and repetitive side missions are a disappointment. It could be a lot better.

PT-BR: Assassins Creed apresenta uma idéia excelente, mas o sistema de stealth mal feito, os controles desajeitados e as missões secundárias repetitivas são uma decepção. Poderia ser muito melhor.
  25. Apr 11, 2016
    lacks gameplay and not a fun plot but it was just decent enough to launch the series just barely but do not get it. you should just get the others instead
  26. Feb 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As you start playing this game you will be amazed by the wonderful graphic and the maniac attention to details of the cities environment. Cities are full of people walking around, talking, buying things from merchants and so on. Really... amazing. The story itself is well written, with rich characters and a really original plot. But, after a bunch of hours... you'll start to get bored by doing always the same things. It's like you always repeat the same mission: climb to find places, kill the target, flee from guards. With almost no chance to develop an original strategy for your next kill. So.. i'll give it a 5, you will eventually get to the end hoping it will change something but no, always the same... Expand
  27. Jan 6, 2013
    I've played all the games in this series (except for the handheld ones) and, for the most part, enjoyed them, but there was very little to enjoy in this game for me. The free-running mechanic is good, and the combat is fine for a while. However, the visuals are not special (it felt like there was little or no color in the world!), the story is kind of boring, the voice acting is fairlyI've played all the games in this series (except for the handheld ones) and, for the most part, enjoyed them, but there was very little to enjoy in this game for me. The free-running mechanic is good, and the combat is fine for a while. However, the visuals are not special (it felt like there was little or no color in the world!), the story is kind of boring, the voice acting is fairly ridiculous, the modern-day parts felt like homework, and some of the gameplay things are painstakingly stupid (folding your hands and walking slower lets you "blend in," despite the fact that you are only person in the city that is hooded and armed to the teeth). If you're thinking about playing through the AC games, do yourself a favor: just read the wiki on this game and start with AC II. Expand
  28. Jun 12, 2013
    It's funny this game actually works, even if it is a bit boring. Still for me was a lot more fun to play this game than the most recently AC game....it's weird but true. This game has an interesting story, with a good main character, your beloved Altair, and with interesting characters. What makes this game a bit boring is the fact that you will be doing always the same thing in terms ofIt's funny this game actually works, even if it is a bit boring. Still for me was a lot more fun to play this game than the most recently AC game....it's weird but true. This game has an interesting story, with a good main character, your beloved Altair, and with interesting characters. What makes this game a bit boring is the fact that you will be doing always the same thing in terms of missions, and there aren't a lot of collectibles expect for the flags to catch. So in my view is a good game beside been a bit boring and the graphics not been the best. Expand
  29. Nov 26, 2010
    Assassins creed positives. Beautifull graphics, a stirdy cast of voice actors, great eviroment features such as people noticing your actions etc gaurds investigating a murdered person and warning other gaurds of you in a certian vicinity and people noticing you do unusual things that attrack unwanted attention and simple to learn combat.
    negatives. the story with the mix of medieval time
    negatives. the story with the mix of medieval time period and science fiction realy unballances the setting and feeling of the game especialy with the poorly made story that could have been better if it was not for the science fiction. The gameplay is nothing new, i found my self button mashing most of the time, and found it ridiculous that the gaurds were able to chase me in their full body armor scaling buildings. Plus some pointless gameplay such as spying on conversations with no real purpose in the game, and the fact on how simple it is to hide from your persuers. I also felt that the boss fights were made to simple, you could either waste your time in a sword fight or just jump on them with your concealed blade.
    Assassins creed brings good enviroment to the table but it also brings too much repeat feeling gameplay and pointless tasks of searching for far too many flags just to get a special weapon such as the crossbow.
    It could have been better.
  30. Mar 21, 2012
    It's trying to be compelling but it fails, miserably. The graphics are well but basically everything else is mundane, boring, stupid or unnessicary. The story is terrible, the voice acting ok, the music good, the gameplay repetitive. Overall it's an average ride, it's so terribly tedious and there is literally no imagination in this game, it is that dull. 5/10.

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
  2. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.
    It attempts a lot of ambitious things and it almost succeeds at every one. But it's apparent that these grandiose ideas may have been a little too much to master the first go-round. But hey, at least the groundwork is laid for a killer sequel -- right, Ubisoft?