7.1

1. Feb 21, 2012
    This is an incredible game!! If you are any sort of Anime fan this is a definite must buy!! I might buy another copy or two so my friends can experience it too.
  2. Feb 21, 2012
    Capcom parecería que volvió a la época en la que estaba Clover, en la que se arriesgaba a sacar cosas nuevas, tratando de innovar en ciertos aspectos, porque Asura Wrath es eso, las ganas de querer probar cosas nuevas y plasmándolas de una manera muy excitante en cuanto a la emoción que te causa al jugarlo.
    La
    música también es muy buena, por lo menos a mi me encanta. El estilo que tienen los gráficos y esa onda de querer simular los capítulos de los anime esta rebien hecho.
    Ojala Capcom siga con esta racha de lanzar juegos que tratan de mostrar algo diferente, y no como los Call of Duty o los Battlefield o toda esos juegos malisimos que solo venden por ser shooter, por el multiplayer, y porque todas las paginas que hacen análisis le ponen nota alta, ya que debe haber una tramoya atrás de la que no sabemos todavía como funciona, pero que se re nota que esta ahí.
  3. Feb 21, 2012
    Incredibly entertaining - it's like Fist of the North Star with a lot less stoicism and a lot more divine magic. I don't even mind that I spend a fair amount of time watching the story play out, it's just so over the top that anytime I'm not actively involved in gameplay, I am (no joke) laughing with joy at the latest nonsensical feat that Asura and I just pulled. The anime-episode-style presentation format is perfect for the story, the art is top-notch, and the gameplay itself is simple and appropriately furiously paced. Very highly recommended for fans of The Rule of Cool. Expand
  4. Feb 21, 2012
    Interactive Anime
    This game suceeds on all levels, except for one small part. Some good things are the mix of Japanese Mythology and science fiction graphics looks fantastic, and the gameplay is very fun and over-the-top epic. But, the cutscenes, though amazing, are too plentiful. Sometimes it feels as if you are watching an anime and clicking buttons in some spots. This is further
    implemented due to low difficulty. This will either be a good or bad thing, depending on the person. Alltogether, i found this game thrilling and action packed. Some may not but they should at least give it a try and rent it. Expand
  5. Apr 26, 2012
    When I sat down to play Asura's wrath for the first time I thought it was going to be a cheap god of war knock off. I could never have of been more wrong. The action in Asura's wrath was on a whole new level. But that is only part of what makes it such a great game. It has a fantastic intriguing story on top of all the mayhem. A lot of people are complaining that the game was more of a movie with all the cut scenes but those cut scene are what make a good story. There was no boring exploring or level cramming you fight boss after boss and take brakes between fights enjoying the progression of the story through very artistic comics and intriguing cut scenes. For all you action lovers and gamers that like a good story this is a must. MAKE SURE TO GET THE DLC WORTH IT Expand
  6. Feb 27, 2012
    It's more like a interactive movie but i still love the game it was very original the story was quiet good too definitely one of my favorite games my only complain is that the game is very short and the graphics needed a little more detail but overall this game is awesome good job Capcom.
  7. Mar 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like this game of curse if you don't like this type of games you will not like this one. I just found two negative things, one was the duration of the game I pass the game in four hours i didn't like that. The other thing is the stile of game all game basicly is a videos and you are like playing a cartoon, i really like it more if was parts with less video showing. Expand
  8. May 30, 2012
    Phenomenal game. Graphics amazing, story gripping and lots of replay value. Bought it having read reviews and was worried it wouldn't be that fun but I love this game. They took a risk and it paid off.
  9. tcb
    Apr 7, 2012
    Very nice game. Normally I'm not a big fan of QTEs but here they are implemented in a nice and working way (i.e. they are part of the game play and not just sprinkled in at random times in a cut scene as they are in most other games). The story was nice, and the game play was fun. Soundtrack is amazing, and the graphics are nice to look at. What I really liked about it is the fact, that it is different, and not the same old game play as rehashed in every other game. Expand
  10. Mar 4, 2012
    Have not seen such epic Japanese games. If you say Heavy Rain is an interactive movie, the Asura can be compared with an interactive anime. The main feature game - epic and unique atmosphere. SHE JUST MEGA EPIC!
  11. Feb 29, 2012
    Asura's wrath is one of those game that divides mainstream from art. This game is an art piece. Of course like most of art it doesn't receives such high acclaim like most of the mindless games nowadays. Personally I don't care, it was worth 50â
  12. Mar 4, 2012
    I have to say I was blown away. The game really puts you into the story and you really want to always know what happens next. Its so refreshing to play something so new and original and once you start it is so hard to put down. That said the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because the game can be beat in about 6 hours but that is an amazing 6 hours. I can only hope that it sells well so they make a new one that can be even longer. Even though the can is a shorter one it is a experience that I'm so happy I spent 60 bucks on and didn't miss. All true gamers will appreciate this game for what it has done and bringing such a great story to life. If you are a true gamer and appreciate any kind of great game not just shooters please buy this.Really great experience from beginning to end. Expand
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    Asura's Wrath isn't one of those games that leads you on - it does exactly what you expect it to. For those of us who actually read up on a games story before we play it randomly, we see the pain behind all that wrath and the way he blows off steam is AWESOME. It's a great story with some serious fights and intense cut scenes. Definitely a must play!
  14. Feb 5, 2013
    The parts where you can actually control the character are in fact pretty crappy, 6/10 stuff at best. Combat is boring and utterly repetitive play the game on easy to reduce the amount of repeated moves and combos, there is not much point to play on higher difficulty anyway. The crappy combat does not actually matter, for its real purpose (besides making this classifiable as a game) is to help you to better connect with Asura and his wrath. And same actually goes for (effectively pointless) quick-time events throughout the cut-scenes. This game tells a story filled with emotions (well, mostly wrath, duh) and the story, the animations, the game's ability to make you feel those emotions is the real meat here. If you like anime over-the-top stuff like Gurren Lagann, Naruto (those non-emo pre-shippuuden parts anyway) or any other fighting anime about overcoming your own limitations, you will love Asura's Wrath for all the epic moments and fights it will throw at you. And unless this turns out to be lie, get the Nirvana DLC as well, it's at least as awesome as the basic game, gets you the real, definitive ending and I could swear the visuals get way better in it. (The DLC .5 episodes on the other hand are just pretty crappy ugly 2D animations with QTEs. The second one was okay, I guess, but the first one felt like utter waste of money.) Expand
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    Asura is, an Interactive Anime with elements Beat'em Up. And to assess just how the game is not correct. Assess how the anime too. What happens on the screen, it's a nightmare addict. And it pleases. Difficult situation, they gave us something new that we can not explain. Thank you Capcom, for the great new IP.
  16. May 8, 2013
    The most epic story ever, with a really good ending that no games have.... Don't F*cking miss it !!!
    It's really one of the best game Capcom ever made. This is an incredible game.
  17. Oct 16, 2012
    This game... forget it. Go play this game. Nothing I say can help you understand the sheer amount of monumentally amazing action that this game has. If you like anime, then this is a must play. If you haven't already played this game, your probably not interested anyways, but take my word, you will not be disappointed. However, if your not into anime, QTE, or things that are awesome, then you probably wont appreciate it for what it is. As a game, its technically not that good, but as an interactive anime, its a masterpiece! Expand
  18. Mar 31, 2013
    got this game for $20. I've been warching Anime as a kid; my first was Mobile Suit Gundam followed by BT'x, Zenki, Tenchi Muyo, and you know the rest. The atmosphere has similarities to Gurren Laggan and Jojo with its shameless flaunting of unfathomable ridiculousness. It's a great game for Anime lovers but I won't recommend it to Westerners as they don't have an open mind to such things.
  19. Jul 12, 2012
    AW wastes no time thrusting the player into the shoes of Asura a Demigod tasked with protecting the world from an evil infestation that causes gigantic tentacles to rise from the earths very core and unleash a savage fury to which even the gods have a hard time contemplating, as the impurity level of all the creatures is shown on screen the source of all of it is one with a level that is to high to measure. an on rails shooter segment quickly turns into a button masher. I use all of my divine strength to diminish the evil that ravenges the earth. With the evil sealed away in the center of the earth once again it is a time for celebration. But like any anti hero Asura soon finds his quest for peace transforming into a quest for revenge, as your wife gets murdered and your daughter is kidnapped. To make matters worse Asura is framed for conspiracy and is then sent on a 12000 year quest to rid the world of evil and clear his name. The gameplay and story go hand and hand in this quest for redemption and revenge. As intriguing as the story may be the gameplay is far from being your standard button masher. Yes you primarily rely on one button to attack your foes while occasionally waiting for a QTE to occur on screen to counter an enemies attack. However the way in which you traverse each battle as well as the different opponents that you face off against offer a unique blend of challenge, that depending on how skilled you are can either be a cake walk or a pain in the @#!*% . While at first glance it may may just look like another god of war or devil may cry clone in actuality it has more in common with games like Mike Tyson's punch out.

Now I know that that's probably one of the last games that anyone would think of referencing when playing Asura's wrath, but when you grind it down to it's core, and you think about what made Punch out on the nes so great you might see the similarities. The greatest innovation of punch out was that it wasn't just a sports tittle, it was more centered around the rhythm/timing genre in which you had to memorize every enemies set of moves until you were good enough to create a pattern that worked out best for you.
    In Asura's wrath you pretty much do the exact same thing, you have to memorize every enemies unique attack pattern so that you could develop one of your own and think of a strategy to successfully dispatch incoming threats in a way as quick and effectively as possible to get a higher rating at the end of each stage.

The most prominent difference between this game and every other hack and slasho button masho on the market is that you don't win levels by killing enemies, instead you have a bar on top of the screen that tells you your "Rage" level defeating enough enemies, or countering enough attacks via quick time events are the two primary ways to build up your rage meter, even getting hit will slightly increase your rage meter as somewhat of a consolation. Once your meter has been filled up all the way the word "BURST" will appear on your screen indicating that you are to perform a series of quick time events to progress to the next area, this unnatural means of progression may turn off die hard action game fans, bit like I stated this isn't so much an action game as a Timing/Rhythm oriented game.

Another great aspect that should not be overlooked is the games art style mixing together the canvas like art style of prince of Persia with sketch models via Valkiria Chronicles and well placed lighting effects you get an incredibly unique art style that looks like all the characters are made out of woodcarvings, yet are flexible enough as to avoid looking to much like a cardboard cutout during cutscenes.

Roughly two thirds of a way into the game your perspective will be switched over to another protagonist named Yasha who's move-set is very similar to Asura's except slightly more fast paced. Though this also serves as a way to introduce new equally fast and ambitious foes at you so the slight tweak in gameplay is gradually appreciated as your new characters powers are a perfect match for your new foes. The rebel without a cause in this game who's true intentions are unknown until the ending climax is a great way of changing up the pace, though only ever so slightly it shows that the development team at least had enough common sense not to have you playing as the same obnoxious four armed hero throughout the roughly 8-10 hours that you will be playing this game. being able to view the story from different perspectives is a great way to avoid making the antagonists seem one dimensional.

while I definitely can't recommend it to everyone the sheer scope of events that take place here are defiantly evident that a game doesn't need to follow the rule book as so many action games before it in order to be good. It's a unique game loaded with potential that will make you feel like a total bad @#!*% .

1. [W]e put the controller down (during a 'gameplay' sequence) and watched in stunned frustration as the game continued on happily playing itself for six minutes. It's inconceivable that there are gameplay levels that cannot be failed or be changed by your actions. Even Dragon's Lair, the game that birthed the concept 29 years ago, had consequences. [April 2012, p66]
  2. Those who do not care about the crazy Japanese aesthetics or the not so subtle references to popular anime, may ask them the question if the actual gameplay is any good at all. Well, it is. Sort of. [April 2012, p.66]
  3. Mar 28, 2012