6.0

1. Jul 31, 2011
    I'm not going to lie I haven't played the pre-Iris days of this franchise. Mana Khemia was what got me into this series. Now I don't mind not having to save the word or playing a game where I'm not going on some grand quest. For the most part you'll be finding ingredients to make a bunch of things for a kingdom, some of your friends, and other people. And I'd be perfectly content doingI'm not going to lie I haven't played the pre-Iris days of this franchise. Mana Khemia was what got me into this series. Now I don't mind not having to save the word or playing a game where I'm not going on some grand quest. For the most part you'll be finding ingredients to make a bunch of things for a kingdom, some of your friends, and other people. And I'd be perfectly content doing that. However this game walks in with a serve injury that cripples it the entire time. The imposing time limit which is attached to everything you do. I could only play this game for 4 hours before the seer claustrophobic feeling made never want to touch it again which really is a shame since I might have liked everything else the game had to offer. Now for those who can handle the overbearing feeling of time may enjoy this but I wouldn't recommend this game purely for how overbearing the time limits are. Expand
  2. Dec 15, 2014
    Breaking down the parts of the game to understand why the game sucks.

Story: Zero originality, cliched story about a useless girl attempting to do alchemy and succeeding. Many endings, but, as nonsensical as they come. The story didn't got me interested. I felt more of a chore to complete the tasks and even I felt bored while playing. 0/10 points in this department. Graphics: While
    Breaking down the parts of the game to understand why the game sucks.

Graphics: While they look nice, I do not like the way they were done and how they were used more for giving fan service. 0/10

Music: I'll be honest, I didn't listen to the intro at all... boring music and boring intro. 0/10

Characters: The heroine is bland, boring and cliched. While some have quirks they quickly fall into pre established cliches. 0/10

Overall: This game started the descent of the series into degenerating into games released only to please otakus or people that like fan service. I will deny that the Atelier Iris ever came to Ps3 and continue to state that the GOOD Atelier Iris games stopped at Mana Khemia 2.

1. Feb 8, 2011
    Don't underestimate this game: time will be your worst enemy, and you'll learn to fear the ticking clock. Run Rorona, run!
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Beyond its addictive crafting system, Atelier Rorona doesn't unfortunately possess anything capable of arousing interest of those gamers who aren't familiar with these kind of jRPGs. However, if you define yourself as fan of the genre, you should definitely consider this purchase.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    There's light and shadow within Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland. While the presentation as well as the fighting system are a good approach for children, the alchemy system is hard as a rock. WTF dialogue accompanies the game, and so it's not worth a recommendation.