6.0

1. Jul 31, 2011
    I'm not going to lie I haven't played the pre-Iris days of this franchise. Mana Khemia was what got me into this series. Now I don't mind not having to save the word or playing a game where I'm not going on some grand quest. For the most part you'll be finding ingredients to make a bunch of things for a kingdom, some of your friends, and other people. And I'd be perfectly content doing that. However this game walks in with a serve injury that cripples it the entire time. The imposing time limit which is attached to everything you do. I could only play this game for 4 hours before the seer claustrophobic feeling made never want to touch it again which really is a shame since I might have liked everything else the game had to offer. Now for those who can handle the overbearing feeling of time may enjoy this but I wouldn't recommend this game purely for how overbearing the time limits are. Expand

1. Feb 8, 2011
    Don't underestimate this game: time will be your worst enemy, and you'll learn to fear the ticking clock. Run Rorona, run!
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Beyond its addictive crafting system, Atelier Rorona doesn't unfortunately possess anything capable of arousing interest of those gamers who aren't familiar with these kind of jRPGs. However, if you define yourself as fan of the genre, you should definitely consider this purchase.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    There's light and shadow within Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland. While the presentation as well as the fighting system are a good approach for children, the alchemy system is hard as a rock. WTF dialogue accompanies the game, and so it's not worth a recommendation.