6.1

1. Oct 4, 2010
    One play-through and I still couldn't understand where the critics' praise for the company's graphical transition comes from. Sure, the game doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look good either. The 'vibrant' town were of a bunch of low poly blobs and awkward textures with far too many invisible walls. The dungeons were okay but the battle environment was just downright painful to look at.One play-through and I still couldn't understand where the critics' praise for the company's graphical transition comes from. Sure, the game doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look good either. The 'vibrant' town were of a bunch of low poly blobs and awkward textures with far too many invisible walls. The dungeons were okay but the battle environment was just downright painful to look at. Battle animation was nothing to write anywhere about. The character models look nice, but you'll always feel like you should've been able to play a little dress-up now and then.

That said, the game was immensely enjoyable, soothing and relaxing, perfect for a weekend break or an evening after a hard day. Alchemy is fun, and as you progress into the game, each success really feels like a success. Also of note are the sprites used in conversation, Rorona has some of the most beautifully composed cleavage which will have you staring for a long long time. ;)

In summary, there are things which could have been better but Atelier Rorona does what it does just right.
  2. Oct 8, 2011
    Although graphically poor, Atelier Rorona is quite innovative since no Atelier game made it to Europe before. The crafting system is really hooking and makes your brain overheat at times. Character design is fabulous (NISA really rocks for that). The sense of humor is brilliant, I had a lot of laugh quite of few times, which doesn't happen that much in today's JRPGs. Time and progessionAlthough graphically poor, Atelier Rorona is quite innovative since no Atelier game made it to Europe before. The crafting system is really hooking and makes your brain overheat at times. Character design is fabulous (NISA really rocks for that). The sense of humor is brilliant, I had a lot of laugh quite of few times, which doesn't happen that much in today's JRPGs. Time and progession system are also pretty good, since it makes the difficulty very well balanced. Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2013
    I like this game. It is my first atelier game, and I dont normally play that type of game. But I really liked the lightness of it, it's a great break from action and difficult titles that I am used to playing.

The characters are the main part of this game I think, and they are great. The rumours really are true about Gusts character design. The gameplay, well the combat was average. I

The gameplay, well the combat was average. I think its a common problem with these types of games also, but you can't really play them without reading a guide looking for the "flags". The alchemy system is pretty good and deep, because the games emphasis is on it.

Yeah... I want to write more, but theres not much to really write about. It's just a nice break from normal games, very cute and charming with a light storyline. Many endings for people who like that, but personally I dislike that level of grinding.
  4. Aug 12, 2013
    No normal story script. More and more "grinding" endings and a pack of "grinding" character endings. When they finally come to that one and the same gameplay for 10-40 hours and a billion and one ending of 1 minute is not fun!
    It looks like Atelier Iris 2 was the last good game. Atelier Iris 3, Atelier Annie, Mana Khemia monotonous, plotless garbage. If theirs gameplay have sense in Atelier Annie, because Annie is portable on NDS, bu in the game for $60 for the PS3 is a little too carelessly.

Only music and 2D art is good.

1. Feb 8, 2011
    Don't underestimate this game: time will be your worst enemy, and you'll learn to fear the ticking clock. Run Rorona, run!
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Beyond its addictive crafting system, Atelier Rorona doesn't unfortunately possess anything capable of arousing interest of those gamers who aren't familiar with these kind of jRPGs. However, if you define yourself as fan of the genre, you should definitely consider this purchase.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    There's light and shadow within Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland. While the presentation as well as the fighting system are a good approach for children, the alchemy system is hard as a rock. WTF dialogue accompanies the game, and so it's not worth a recommendation.