Baja: Edge of Control PlayStation 3

1. Sep 21, 2011
    From reading Dev diaries and interviews I understand how much work goes into making a game and I understand that not all games can be great. Sadly this game just didn't do it for me. It didn't grab me from the outset and the experience was very empty. However my young nephew can't get enough of it . He loves bouncing arcoss the sand and flying through air, so that I +1 to my score :)

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Every vehicle slides around every turn with an alarming lack of control. [Nov 2008, p.79]
    You are almost always riding the finest line between screaming along somewhat stably and totally losing it, and in that sense, Baja succeeds tremendously. Those kinds of stakes may not appeal to everyone, however, and the majority of people who tend to like finishing races may not need all of the incredible realism that an intense sim like Baja has to offer.
    At times, it’s an edge-of your seat experience that gives you a sense of accomplishment for sliding across the finish line in one piece. Other times, it’s a confounding mix of erratic handling, insane difficulty and drab repetition.