8.8

1. OleT
    Dec 11, 2009
    I hate the puzzle's and the camera angel sucks. (its over the right shoulder, blocking half the screen)
  2. chilimac
    Jan 10, 2010
    Batman: AA represents everything that is wrong with the games industry today; sky high production values, but the games are short and so easy a caveman's child could beat them. Sure, the combat can be fun, until you realize that you just have to mash the buttons to win every contest. No skill is required. The game is very linear and short, and the game designers obviously new the Batman: AA represents everything that is wrong with the games industry today; sky high production values, but the games are short and so easy a caveman's child could beat them. Sure, the combat can be fun, until you realize that you just have to mash the buttons to win every contest. No skill is required. The game is very linear and short, and the game designers obviously new the when the decided to sprinkle the Riddler's trophys all over the place for you to look for, in an attempt to distract the player from the actual game, and thus avoid finishing it in one sitting. I don't know about you, but I didn't buy a Batman game so that I could go on an Easter egg hunt, I bought it in hopes of being able to kick some butt. And you do get to kick some butt, but unfortunately, the butts are too easy to kick, so much so that it's no fun. "Congrats, you have the ability to mash buttons" Not very rewarding, to say the least. I give it 2 points, one for the graphics and the other for the voice acting. The rest of the game is the stink. Would make a nice rental for the prepubescent in your life. Expand
  3. ChaseL
    Jan 1, 2010
    This is one of the most overrated games you can find. Sure the it looks good, but graphics dont make a game. im sorry but i did not enjoy it at all, its good it came free with my new ps3

1. The whole game is a class act. The fighting is sophisticated but arcade-addictive, the visuals are stylish, and the Lara-like exploration is smartly done. Plus the DC heritage feels all-encompassing like a big blanket. Arkham Asylum is comfortably the best comic book game that PlayStation's ever had, and is up there with the system's best actioners, full stop. [Sept 2009, p.95]
  2. Batman: Arkham Asylum is this year's "BioShock," not just from the connection established with the world, but from its ability to innovate where new ideas are needed, and moreover, deliver an adventure unlike any other. [Sept 2009, p.82]
  3. Yes, this is the Batman you've been waiting for...It's a wonderful experience, beginning to end, never taking the easy or familiar route, and infusing each shift of the story with original ideas that cut no corners. [Oct 2009, p.70]