8.6

1. Dec 14, 2014
    Arkham City has to be the best Batman game I've ever played. It truly captures the essence of Batman. You really feel like you're the Caped Crusader here. Most everything about this game is great, from the combat, to the boss battles, to the story, and the voice acting. The only complaint I have is that the city itself wasn't terribly interesting. And while it is fitting in a Batman game,Arkham City has to be the best Batman game I've ever played. It truly captures the essence of Batman. You really feel like you're the Caped Crusader here. Most everything about this game is great, from the combat, to the boss battles, to the story, and the voice acting. The only complaint I have is that the city itself wasn't terribly interesting. And while it is fitting in a Batman game, the city was still fairly boring to traverse through. Nonetheless, if you still haven't played Arkham City, I'd say it's a must buy for sure. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2014
    Man, the best superhero action game i have played so far !!! sublime!!! go get it instead of shadow of mordor or wolfenstein new order,,, yuck man, those 2 smell **** .thanks
  3. Nov 3, 2014
    An instant classic. One of my favourite games ever, and the best batman game by far. Outstanding graphics and concept art, beautifully voice acted, unbelievable music score, epic story, flawless mechanics, long gameplay, high replayability. I just couldnt ask anything more from a game.
    Love it.
  4. Oct 22, 2014
    Batman: Arkham Asylum was a master piece when it came out. Arkham City made Arkham Asylum small. Need i say more? It´s the ultimate Batman experience.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: With so many story background in the Batman universe how could it go wrong? Some new fighting villains and NPC's are also welcome.
    PRESENTATION: The dark feel to the game that Rocksteady presented us in AA is
    PRESENTATION: The dark feel to the game that Rocksteady presented us in AA is augmented in this installment which is to say that they managed to improve perfection.
    GAMEPLAY: New NPC's aside there are some tweaks in the combat system. Not much because it was already awesome.
    PROGRESSION: Same as AA. You get throughout the campaign new gadgets that are improved with the XP earning. Didn't find that much difference.
    ONLINE: Unexisting. No problem with that. For me Batman AC it's a solo experience. Anything different than that would probably ruin the game.
    Batman AC delivered a better experience than is predecessor which is to say a lot. One of the best PS3 games.
  5. Oct 10, 2014
    The voice actors did a fantastic job at voicing the characters Kevin Conroy will always be in my eyes batman and other voice actors like Mark Hamill, Troy Baker, Tara Strong, Grey Delisle, Fred Tastacoire, Steve Blum did a amazing of portraying the characters.
  6. run
    Oct 8, 2014
    This is an excellent game in all respects; and ultimately is an achievement for the industry itself. The graphics, story, voice acting were all brilliantly executed; and this game features some of the best action gameplay of all time.
  7. Oct 7, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun: 10 Controls: 10 Ease to Learn: 9.5 Story: 9.5 Length: 9.5 Re-play: 10 Audio: 10 Bugs/Glitches none. Maybe my fave game of all time
  8. Sep 29, 2014
    Simply one of the best games period. Now obviously you'll play this game all the more likely if you like Batman, and these days most people do. And Rocksteady did not disappoint. They didn't just create the best Batman game of all time, but also one of the best games period. This is why.
    Pros:
    Pros:
    - True to D.C. It knows it's roots, it's original friendly, all of batman's skills, gadgets etc is all what you'd expect and nothing bizarre.
    - gameplay- the fighting system in this game is very extensive, all these combinations which surprisingly easy to remember, which you'll use to win. It's fun, challenging, and plain cool. The dodges, counters, strikes, combos, evades, and all the cool gadget you'd use like batarang, electrical shock etc. the gliding is great, the Riddler puzzles are great. Just so much to talk about!

- the graphics are great, the colourful but bleak world is amazing. While on paper the map isn't the biggest, there's so many secret passages, it becomes quite large. It's not a empty place either, quality over quantity.

Any bad? No actually. The story is amazing, it's fun to play, it's rewarding!
    Just play this game! If you liked Asylum you'll love this!
  9. TvH
    Sep 28, 2014
    Batman: Arkham City delivers everything a Batman video game deserves; cool gadgets, an entire city, an excellent combat/stealth system, and a long campaign with many sub-tasks and Riddler's challenges. Although it has a bloated number of villains, it doesn't stop the game from being a lot of fun.
  10. Sep 6, 2014
    This game... is... amazing! It's one of my favourite games of all time! I love the Story, I love the Graphics, I love the Free roam I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME ITS A MASTERPIECE! When batman Arkham Asylum came out and I played it I was like, You cant get better than this, This is amazing! Then I got Arkham City... and boy I couldn't have been more wrong!
  11. Aug 29, 2014
    Batman:Arkham City

Game-play:Almost the same as the first game but this is not bad it have some small changes it gives you more opportunities of stealth a bigger and more open map this is open world game same new gadgets and new upgrades and combos.Also it let you play as cat woman in 4 missions and the missions are well made especially the last one Story:Awsome story it have some
    Batman:Arkham City

Story:Awsome story it have some great villains like mr freeze,penguin,two face,ras al ghul,doctor strange,clay face and do not forget joker.The story will take you around 8 to 9 hours.

Graphics:Well made graphics with detail.

Notes:Awsome game i really love it the side missions are very good and the collectibles are to gather the only reason i give this game a 9 out of 10 is because i think it rash into the story very fast if they could take some time to build the story around a little more it would be a 10 out of 10
  12. Aug 28, 2014
    Arkham City will be hard to top. I mean, with great graphics, greatly improved (And still fantastic!) combat, and one of the best rogues galleries I know of, with villains like Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul, Zsasz and The Riddler, it is unforgettable. The stealth feels great, and it has one of the greatest boss battles EVER in Mr. Freeze, which has you using critical thinking. IArkham City will be hard to top. I mean, with great graphics, greatly improved (And still fantastic!) combat, and one of the best rogues galleries I know of, with villains like Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul, Zsasz and The Riddler, it is unforgettable. The stealth feels great, and it has one of the greatest boss battles EVER in Mr. Freeze, which has you using critical thinking. I only wish they could've made the open world bigger, and more involving. Overall, this game look at superheroes in a new light, and a fantastic new light at that. Expand
  13. Aug 22, 2014
    Before this game I thought Batman was just a normal person who can't even go toe to toe with a metahuman but now I see Batman is no way a regular human. His strength level is at the top with Captain America or Deathstroke, he has a genius mind and his detective skills are as good as Sherlock Holmes'. And his fighting skills literally the best on the earth. And in this game you literally beBefore this game I thought Batman was just a normal person who can't even go toe to toe with a metahuman but now I see Batman is no way a regular human. His strength level is at the top with Captain America or Deathstroke, he has a genius mind and his detective skills are as good as Sherlock Holmes'. And his fighting skills literally the best on the earth. And in this game you literally be the "Batman". Amazing writing by Paul Dini and Rocksteady did a great job as well. Why can't all superhero games be like this?! Expand
  14. Aug 12, 2014
    One of the finest games on any platform this generation. Builds on what Asylum established and creates a phenomenal experience of what it's like to be the Bat. Literally dozens of hours of side stuff along with a great story and emotional finale. Cannot recommend highly enough.
  15. Jul 25, 2014
    I don't care how small the map is. The game is amazing. Beautiful Robotics, smart NPC's, a strong story, they made the character unforgettable (Especially The Joker) the combat is the best I've seen in a Super hero game. This game is a must have. Don't listen to the 125 dumbasses, who are giving this game low scores. They just wanted a big open world. Gameplay is what matters.
  16. Jul 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To create the perfect sequel, only two things need to be done. First, the parts that players loved must be kept. Second, the parts that were loathed and needed improvement must be improved. Arkham City does all this and more. It delivers a more compelling story, better, more refined gameplay and an open world that ranks among the best in gaming. It does all this and becomes the greatest licensed game ever while in the process.

The plot is masterful in its approach to storytelling. Of course it's another "Joker trying to kill Batman" plot, but this time things have changed. The clown prince is dying and he wants to go out with a bang by killing the dark knight once and for all. There's another catch- he's doing all of this in prison, where Bats is stationed as well. Arkham City is a sprawling mega prison where the villains are free to do what they want, so long as it doesn't impact New Gotham. Of course, that won't stay and this becomes apparent as Bruce Wayne is captured by the men of Hugo Strange and thrown into the deadly place. He soon suits up and begins to go after the villains causing havoc. Two-Face runs the court district, while Penguin is stationed around the shopping centre and museum and Joker has turned the Industrial District into a demented amusement park. Other villains also show up throughout the campaign, such as Ras Ah Ghul, Mr. Freeze and even Solomon Grundy. The final twist is perfect and the ending is phenomenal. Rocksteady have a stern hold over the Bats fiction, as they kill off a character just as important as the hero himself- that character being poor ol' Jokes.

Once you're finished with the rather lengthy campaign, plenty of fun can be had in the open world. It's littered with twice the amount of riddles in Asylum and this time Batman can even die while trying to solve them! There are question mark knockouts, new breakable objects and feats to complete, along with a small amount of well designed hostage situations, where Batman must solve a riddle and save a civilian in danger. The climax is way better than that of Asylum's, as you finally get to knock out Edward Nigma. Riddles aren't the only side activities though. There are plenty of side missions throughout the city, with Deadshot chasing down targets, Bane asking for a favour, a mysterious foe killing inmates and political prisoners getting bashed. It's all fun to play through and the open world is, believe it or not, even better than Arkham Asylum. The amount of detail is astounding and the Easter Eggs show how much time has gone into this. There are cameos, references to sequels and Scarecrow's secret hideout all littered throughout the world. Trust me when I say that there is a lot to find.

The gameplay is innovative and familiar at the same time. The gliding is one of the coolest things about the game. Launching above the world with your grapnel gun, before swooping down with your cape is an exhilarating experience and is just as fun as proper flying or even web swinging. The combat is another finely tuned part of the game that is recognizable, but a whole lot better than what we got in the original. Attacking, countering and stunning are still big parts of the fighting, but the upgrade system is extensive enough to completely change your approach to the brawling. With takedowns and weapon snaps, the villains won't know what hit them and the new enemy types also help to add variety to the Freeflow encounters. As for stealth, it's also better. Foes can see you in the dark, block your detective vision and stop you from taking them down from behind. But Bats also has new tricks, with better gadgets, a knockout smash and new attacks that would certainly hurt. There are a lot of improvements. New detective mode features; running and sliding; critical hits... Yep, there's a lot!
    Also a big part of the game: CATWOMAN! She brings her own way of getting around and it isn't faster, but it is better for stealth. She also has her own upgrades and feels lighter and deadlier in combat, bringing her own share of brutality. She is best in stealth, able to run up behind enemies and crawl on certain parts of the roof. She only has three gadgets, but they are great to use. She is key to the campaign with her own missions and 40 riddler trophies. She meets Poison Ivy in her second adventure, which is a lovely cameo. In short, Catwoman isn't better than Bats, but she is a change.

There is also plenty of content in the new challenge mode, with cool new campaign and custom challenges along with more ranked. This adds more to an awesome game, that has simple controls, brilliant, next gen like graphics, a rousing score and voice acting and an amazing story. The amount of content is awesome and the boss battles- the original's worst part- are fixed. Even if you don't like Batman, this is an essential purchase that should not be missed. Once again, you will feel like the Batman. Who doesn't want to be the Batman after all?
  17. Jul 4, 2014
    Arkham City, summing up, is a work of art. It's gameplay is as fresh as its aesthetics, and a story that is so fresh and inventive. It's a step up from the previous game, with more unique boss battles and more things to do. It's hard to stop playing when you've got a badass main hero, a villain who sucks you in, gameplay that takes you to new levels, and graphics that are much better thanArkham City, summing up, is a work of art. It's gameplay is as fresh as its aesthetics, and a story that is so fresh and inventive. It's a step up from the previous game, with more unique boss battles and more things to do. It's hard to stop playing when you've got a badass main hero, a villain who sucks you in, gameplay that takes you to new levels, and graphics that are much better than the other games on the previous market. Arkham City is not than just a game: It's an experience. Expand
  18. Jun 30, 2014
    "Batman: Arkham City" is everything that a fan and gamer ever dreamed of. It's wonderful, it's spectacular, it's beautiful, It's almost PERFECT! The combat is vicious, the voices are phenomenal, the graphics are top-notch, the story looks like coming from a thrilling action film, the amount of details put in that game is just extraordinary and the missions are intriguing. For me, this is"Batman: Arkham City" is everything that a fan and gamer ever dreamed of. It's wonderful, it's spectacular, it's beautiful, It's almost PERFECT! The combat is vicious, the voices are phenomenal, the graphics are top-notch, the story looks like coming from a thrilling action film, the amount of details put in that game is just extraordinary and the missions are intriguing. For me, this is the best game I ever played in my life. Rocksteady should be proud and I can't wait to play the next game. Expand
  19. Jun 12, 2014
    Last Played: May 2014

PROS: + Still feels like Batman + Successfully creates a sense of urgency + More enemy types and takedowns CONS: - Difficulty does not scale well – Some tedious fights – Story worse than Arkham Asylum REVIEW: While this game does stand on its own, comparisons with Arkham Asylum are inevitable, and in fact somewhat useful, since this game’s target audience
    Last Played: May 2014

REVIEW: While this game does stand on its own, comparisons with Arkham Asylum are inevitable, and in fact somewhat useful, since this game’s target audience seems to be those who played the first entry in the series. The developers have made some incremental improvements which preserve the “feel” of being Batman while improving some of the things that were weak in the previous title. One of the things that this game does better than its predecessor is to streamline the mission starts so that they aren’t quite so obviously divided. In fact, this game does what few others do in making it seem like there will actually be a consequence if you don’t pursue the main story-line fast enough (although it turns out that I happened to test this during the only event which is actually timed: most the game can spread out as much as you want it to). This game also introduces shields and body armor on enemies in crowdfights and several new mechanics to make the predator mode more interesting. This better balances the gameplay between the two modes so that the predator sequences are less of a chore than before.

Where this game fails is in the scaling. As before, this game goes for difficulty mostly by increasing the number of enemies, rather than varying the environment or enemy behaviors, which can get boring (and annoying when you are almost finished with a crowd and another handful of goons stumble in to drag on the fight). As a consequence of the “hording” method of increasing difficulty, there are some boss fights that are downright hard because the way to beat the boss has little to do with the methods you have used. It is a little jarring to have a very easy game interspersed with frustrating moments where you can’t figure out how to win (though the game will prod you if you miss several of the Zelda-style boss vulnerability phases). Furthermore, the bonus round style riddler games can be much harder than the main game with little difficulty transition which may diminish the fun. The story is also worse than that of Arkham Asylum (in that it is less original), and though it introduces some new ideas feels more like a fragmented reason to cameo the biggest villains who didn’t get to appear in the last game. This is too bad, because the Batman franchise is ultimately successful only when it tells a compelling story.

In the end, this game is relatively better than Arkham Asylum in most respects. It is superlatively good compared to other 3rd person action games in some ways, and by the measure of whether I’ll remember it in the future has one or two memorable moments. It isn’t perfect, though and it may not warrant a second play-though, much 100% completion-seeking.
  20. Jun 11, 2014
    Great!
    My first game to be played on PS3, so I don't really know, if just this game is so great or all games on PS3 are :D Well I guess I'll have to find out on my own. But it looks great, the graphics are neet, the story looks sophisticated. I have high expectations!
  21. Jun 4, 2014
    One of the greatest games ever made! 10/10! Batman: Arkham City - amazing game! Everybody must to buy this masterpiece game! AWESOME!!! Rocksteady, I love you!
  22. Apr 28, 2014
    This game was so good that I actually felt like batman. The only problem is that it's too short and ridiculously easy. The fighting is bad-ass and graphics were nice. I loved the voice acting from Mark Hamill (Joker) and Kevin Conroy (Batman). Definitely one of the best games of 2011.
  23. Apr 26, 2014
    Rocksteady Studios takes everything that was great about it's first Batman game and applies it all to an open-world. It's clear that Rocksteady was trying to best their previous outing in every way, and by doing so they have created one of the best Batman games yet created. With one of the best Batman stories ever told, a large amount of content, and tons of new gameplay elements, this isRocksteady Studios takes everything that was great about it's first Batman game and applies it all to an open-world. It's clear that Rocksteady was trying to best their previous outing in every way, and by doing so they have created one of the best Batman games yet created. With one of the best Batman stories ever told, a large amount of content, and tons of new gameplay elements, this is sure to please any Batman fan out there.

One thing that is noticeable shortly after starting is that Arkham City features much more life then the asylum. Thugs patrol streets and rooftops, political prisoners fight for survival, and classic Batman villains wreak havoc throughout the city. This makes little things like listening to thugs talk about the current events going on the city a real treat. While I prefer the atmosphere and locations Arkham Asylum had, the city is still a cool place to explore that is filled with secrets. Various side-qests are available that will place Batman up against classic foes, which lead to some incredibly memorable moments. There are also an insane amount of Riddler challenges and trophies to acquire. As far as side content goes Rocksteady has it covered, so there are plenty of reasons to come back after the credits have rolled.

The main campaign is an absolute blast that is filled with tons of villains and unforgettable moments. It takes a little bit to get going, but one it does it does not stop. The boss battles are fantastic, and show a lot of diversity. I do feel that it was shorter than Arkham Asylum's story, but I'm thankful that Rocksteady didn't add any unnecessary content.

The only real complaints I have with the game are a few irritating combat scenarios and some control design choices. For instance, why do I have to double-tap and hold the X button to make the grappling hook climb faster when in the previous game simply holding X would do it? Sure it takes on a new role, but simply holding X would have made things simpler. This is just one of the minor complaints I have with the game, and overall it and my other ones don't really matter. This is one fantastic game, and one any Batman fan should play pronto. Rocksteady outdid themselves with this one, and while I do prefer it's predecessor, I will in no way deny this game's high-level of quality. It is truly a must play experience.
  24. Feb 8, 2014
    First of all, the game is based on comics. This makes the story and characters fascinating. Also, this game has a great atmosphere, it really conforms with Batman. You can see the dark and gloomy feelings in the game.

The game play is amazing. You can use bunch of amazing gadgets easily and it's fun. The combats are simple and satisfying but couldn't have done better in my opinion. I

I want to talk about voice acting too. The whole cast made very good job. But especially Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill were spectacular. They really excited me. It's too bad that they weren't in Arkham Origins.

Also, I really love the side missions. They were almost entertaining as the main missions. Especially Riddler missions were mind blowing. The games of Ridder were perfect.

Lastly, the map is absolutely fantastic. It's very detailed and deliberative. It's huge, you always discover something astounding.

There are so many things I love in this game but I want to mention about these ones. In short, this game is the best superhero game of all time. Batman fans will fell in love with this game. 10 out of 10 for sure.
  25. Jan 24, 2014
    One of the best games I've played!!! Imagine this situation: you as Batman must circulate a huge city filled with criminals to capture the main vilans and contain the chaos. There is anything more awesome than that? Besides, the story is interpreted in an unusual way, which makes you pay attention constantly in what is happening. Graphics are spectacular and the movements are preciselyOne of the best games I've played!!! Imagine this situation: you as Batman must circulate a huge city filled with criminals to capture the main vilans and contain the chaos. There is anything more awesome than that? Besides, the story is interpreted in an unusual way, which makes you pay attention constantly in what is happening. Graphics are spectacular and the movements are precisely well done. Firstly I couldnt believe in the reviews, but now I strongly recommend this game @imnohero_br Expand
  26. Jan 24, 2014
    If one of the best game of this generation, is indispensable like ir or not batman, the game is long, with thrilling story, with many interesting side quests where we will know many characters of batman universe, and multiple secret where we will discover a part of batman universe. Finally the game play is simple but profound. For me in the top 5 the games of ps3.
  27. Jan 9, 2014
    An action game that improves on it's predecessor. Arkham City is much larger and just more fun. The villains are very well represented (the Joker especially), the world is massive, the narrative is well done, the visuals are impressive and the music is great. While i honestly found the beginning a little slow, this game is great in every regard.
  28. Jan 6, 2014
    This game will be greatly enjoyed by both batman fans and those who are not. From beautiful graphics to a strong and interesting storyline, the player would be glued from the start to the finish of this game. The game play went very smoothly with no faults. Perfect details, fantastic characters and definitely one of the greatest games ever. A must for all batman fans
  29. Dec 31, 2013
    This game succeeds every minor detail from Arkham Asylum. The flaws in gameplay from Asylum are corrected in City, and the mechanics work perfectly. The puzzle elements combined in this game (the Riddler trophies) will keep you coming back for more and are a great addition. If you have a spare twenty dollars to spend, go buy the GOTY edition. Rocksteady just doesn't perfect every detailThis game succeeds every minor detail from Arkham Asylum. The flaws in gameplay from Asylum are corrected in City, and the mechanics work perfectly. The puzzle elements combined in this game (the Riddler trophies) will keep you coming back for more and are a great addition. If you have a spare twenty dollars to spend, go buy the GOTY edition. Rocksteady just doesn't perfect every detail from Asylum, but they created one of the best games of all time. Expand
  30. Nov 19, 2013
    Bueno ni que decir tiene que este juego me ha decepcionado muchisimo, el 1 estaba muy bien, pero me dejo un poco con ganas de mas, pense que este me haria conformarme pero e gusto mucho menos que el 1º, la ciudad es un laberinto, es como una prision de la 3º parte de alien, es algo inverosimil, batman no tiene vidad, esta como muy pesado, como dije, la ciudad esta como muerta, no tieneBueno ni que decir tiene que este juego me ha decepcionado muchisimo, el 1 estaba muy bien, pero me dejo un poco con ganas de mas, pense que este me haria conformarme pero e gusto mucho menos que el 1º, la ciudad es un laberinto, es como una prision de la 3º parte de alien, es algo inverosimil, batman no tiene vidad, esta como muy pesado, como dije, la ciudad esta como muerta, no tiene vida, no me gusto el juego, solo lo jegue unos dias hasta que me canse, porque se vuelve repititivo, aburrido y monotono, no lo recomiendo Expand
  31. Nov 7, 2013
    As far as superhero games go, it doesn't get better than Batman Arkham City. People will try to copy, there will be more sequels, but this here, this is the real deal. Haven't played it yet? Where are you from, Mars?
  32. Nov 3, 2013
    The very few problems with Arkham Asylum for me (the repetetive boss battles and button mashing) have been fixed now. There is an immense lack of button mashing so my controller is safe once again, and the boss battles are all different. They are quite easy but I like that, playing as Batman I would want fighting a supervillain to be easy. The story in this one is just as good as the last,The very few problems with Arkham Asylum for me (the repetetive boss battles and button mashing) have been fixed now. There is an immense lack of button mashing so my controller is safe once again, and the boss battles are all different. They are quite easy but I like that, playing as Batman I would want fighting a supervillain to be easy. The story in this one is just as good as the last, even if they try to put as many characters in as possible, with an ending which almost made me cry, and something in the credits sequence finished the job, trust me I was broken by the end of this game it has such a powerful ending. The open world system is great, and they were clever to not mess Arkham City up too badly and add respawning thugs so after you had completed the main story you could pretend you were in Gotham just fighting crime. The voice actors all do a fantastic job, especially Conroy as Batman and Hamill as the Joker. Just a purely brilliant game, made by a company who actually listen to the customers, and what they didn't like about the original Arkham. Expand
  33. Nov 2, 2013
    All I can really say is that this game is really good, but there is no "X Factor"
    There is no wow feeling, but no deny this game is awesome.
    There is no wow feeling, but no deny this game is awesome.
    I believe that this game really captures the feeling of being the Bat. I mean what more is there to ask for, voice acting: really good. Combat: simply brilliant. And the story is quite good, cat woman is a cool DLC and hours of fun in the Open world Arkham City.

But just no "X Factor"
  34. Oct 25, 2013
    I bought this game late December last year) and got the double pack Asylum and City) and I have some good news. this game is incredible. This game has incredible gameplay and graphics.

The gameplay is pretty basic and easy to get into, and can be challenging enough for it not to become boring. The graphics are very good it keeps a constant frame rate at all times. The CGI cut

The graphics are very good it keeps a constant frame rate at all times. The CGI cut scenes are a little sandy compared to the nice colors of Arkham asylum but in no way do they look bad.

The environment is in Arkahm city which is a section of Gotham blocked off to become a superprison. It is a very detailed and big experience. Every corner of this Prison is detailed down to the snow.

The story is probably the best I have experienced in years.No spoilers here.

The Music is definitely something you want to experience using headphones. It is very immersive too.

Overall this game was a complete package for me, with side missions and huge environments to the music this game i a masterpiece for me.
  35. Oct 6, 2013
    One of my favourite gaming experinces ever. Well done Rocksteady on delivering a proper sequel, it refines upon all of the features of Asylum, yet innovates the franchise into the Open World genre.

36. Oct 2, 2013
    I can't tell you how big my excitement was for this game when it was announced. After reviving my hopes for a great batman game with Arkham Asylum, they seemed to be raising the bar higher. The game looks in my opinion slightly better than its predecessor especially the weather effects. The game, once again written by Paul Dini, has such an excellent story that I just cannot spoil at all.I can't tell you how big my excitement was for this game when it was announced. After reviving my hopes for a great batman game with Arkham Asylum, they seemed to be raising the bar higher. The game looks in my opinion slightly better than its predecessor especially the weather effects. The game, once again written by Paul Dini, has such an excellent story that I just cannot spoil at all. All I can say is that, like the first game, the list of villains is spectacular. Being fully moved to an open world game, there's tons of thugs around the street to beat, and side missions a plenty to keep you busy. You can choose to tackle story and side missions as you please since the side missions are completely separate from the main story. Hugo Strange has been tasked with running Arkham City, after the newly appointed mayor cut off a section of Gotham to turn it into a high security prison for all of blackgate inmates and Arkham Asylum inmates to run freely, turning into one huge street war to see who gets control over Arkham City while Hugo Strange uses this idea to lure Batman into the city to shut it down but he doesn't know that Strange has bigger plans for the bat. The boss battles are an improvement from the previous game and they really force you to think on your feet just like the batman would. Overall, there's so much to do in this game and there's so much good things in this game that I simply cannot begin to cover it all, just play this game. This is THE batman game to beat. Expand
  37. Sep 10, 2013
    A masterpiece. This game hooked me the moment I first saw the menu screen and kept me hooked all the way through to the end. I didn't like Arkham Asylum much because it felt so constrained to me, Arkham City fixes all that with a gigantic city to explore. And it's not just that it's a big city, it's a city that fits perfectly in the Batman universe.

My gripes for this game are small,

My gripes for this game are small, sometimes I wish I can turn off the city chatter, and I wish the loading were faster.

The graphics are great, the music is awesome, the voice acting is superb, and the boss battles are fun and engaging. This is definitely the greatest Batman game released as of 2013.
  38. Sep 6, 2013
    okay my favriote dc charcter is the batman im batman okay so lets start with the gameplay so in this game batman has variotes of knocking down his enimes with his gaget and his bare hands so you two ways how to knockdown your oppenent stealth or close up fighting think of this say if your fighting and a thug is behind you by pressing o you can counter and finish them but if your faceingokay my favriote dc charcter is the batman im batman okay so lets start with the gameplay so in this game batman has variotes of knocking down his enimes with his gaget and his bare hands so you two ways how to knockdown your oppenent stealth or close up fighting think of this say if your fighting and a thug is behind you by pressing o you can counter and finish them but if your faceing armed thugs you know with guns you have to use stealth to beat them so the world is way bigger than arkham aslyum and looks so bad well thats how has to look story you bruce wayne aka batman are locked up for no reason and batman need to find out what is protacal 10 and a antidoteto heal him becaus joker has poisend you dialouge is super good becaus kevin conroy as batman so yea he is the batmanyou can play as catwomen and play as robin and nightwing in this kinda of thing arcade somthing were you can yous stealth or straight up fighting but there dlc catwomen free the rest not and costume too add too that so this game is a 10/10 Expand
  39. Sep 4, 2013
    being able to play batman in his prime beyond epic while gliding through the streets of Gotham beating thugs and stopping criminals masterminds mixed with superb gameplay and narrative what more would you want in a game, the superhero game we deserve
  40. Aug 23, 2013
    Goddamn these graphics are amazing. Some amazing stealth worthy of Metal Gear mention. A great story and some awesome gameplay. Best game of 2011 indeed. No game that year came close (it was a great year for video games, by the way). It improved on an already great game.
  41. Aug 19, 2013
    Even if you haven't played Arkham Asylum (which is incredible in its own right) you owe it to yourself to pick up this game, period.
    Perfect combat, great and surprising story, impeccable voice acting, amazing graphics and tons of content.
    This is one of the reasons why we play video games in the first place!
    A benchmark of excellence! A+++
  42. Aug 19, 2013
    Batman: Arkham City is an action pumped game and will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. One of the few games i've played from start to finish and enjoyed the whole way.
  43. Aug 11, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Everything seems perfect to me. The graphics are great and the story is interesting and takes some great turns. But the best part is the gameplay itself. The freerunning, the riddles and of course the fighting are amazing. And as a gimmick I love Catwoman. She is not just a skinned Batman, but in fact a completely different character with differentOne of the best games I have ever played. Everything seems perfect to me. The graphics are great and the story is interesting and takes some great turns. But the best part is the gameplay itself. The freerunning, the riddles and of course the fighting are amazing. And as a gimmick I love Catwoman. She is not just a skinned Batman, but in fact a completely different character with different gameplay. Expand
  44. Aug 7, 2013
    Arkham City is a great sequel to Arkham Asylum. Everything that I can think of is improved in Arkham City. This game has one of the best openings and endings of any games I've ever played. It also has amazing replay value. This is the best game of 2011 and my favorite game of all time!
  45. Aug 2, 2013
    Batman: Arkham City 9/10..............................................................................................................................
  46. Jul 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a very great game,
    The story is also great and gameplay is too exciting .It deserves 98 .
    This game just forces the player to play it all day long and this game lives up to its ranking
  47. Jul 21, 2013
    Best super-hero game ever and it is the best game of all time.
    Advanced Free-flow combat system is undisputed best fighting system in a TPS game.
    Paul Dini is writed a awesome story,it features a lot of characters of DC comics. Atmosphere is awesome,great,excellent.You can see a lot of references,masterpiece musics,and wonder city.I think it is the best created ghost town in a game.You
    Best super-hero game ever and it is the best game of all time.
    Atmosphere is awesome,great,excellent.You can see a lot of references,masterpiece musics,and wonder city.I think it is the best created ghost town in a game.You can feel someone is lived in there.You must play this game before you death.NOTE:It should better you purchase GOTY Version if you want complete arkham city experience,you mustn't play arkham asylum but you should read plot of it.
  48. Jul 13, 2013
    A great game!one of the best i have ever played!great story,impressive gameplay and a surprising ending!when you play you actually feel like batman.The videogame dark knight
  49. Jul 12, 2013
    Just the best superhero video game in my opinion!

Most of the main character of Batman are here, so you have lot of secondary quest to do if you want to finish this game!
    The sensation of freedom is really good (yeah, freedom in a jail, problem?), I really enjoyed all the game and I spend hours and hours trying to end it at 100%!

If you never try it, just do it
  50. Jul 12, 2013
    Batman Arkham City is amazing. Everything good from Arkham Asylum is here with improvements. But this game isn't perfect 10/10 since it has some issues.

First of all, what it gets right: improved combat, new gadgets, free-roaming, side-quests, story, graphics, characters, amazing voice-acting and lots of enemies. Yeah, you should buy this game, but try Arkham Asylum first, so that you can get familiar with combat, story and predator.

But why this game isn't 10/10? Well, story isn't so good, that it was in Arkham Asylum. I can't say why without spoiling and trust me, you don't want to read spoilers of this game. Sometimes there are some glitches and other issues, but those aren't so big deal. But buy this game and probably GOTY version, so that you shouldn't buy Nightwing, HQ's Revenge, Robin, maps and skins pack separately and trust me, you want to buy those.

Rocksteady did amazing job with these and I'm waiting more of it.
  51. Jul 6, 2013
    Take an awesome game like Batman Arkham Asylum, Throw in more villains, Catwoman, Robin, and alternate costumes and throw it into a bigger and better environment and Boom you got Batman Arkham City.
  52. Jul 1, 2013
    Arkham City brings all of the characters, heroes and villains, back in the best superhero game ever. It shows you what it it's like to really be the Dark Knight in an amazing story that will blow your mind with awesome third-person open world gameplay that teach you Batman's ways as the DC character he truly is. I find nothing wrong with the game at all, giving the fun and spectacularArkham City brings all of the characters, heroes and villains, back in the best superhero game ever. It shows you what it it's like to really be the Dark Knight in an amazing story that will blow your mind with awesome third-person open world gameplay that teach you Batman's ways as the DC character he truly is. I find nothing wrong with the game at all, giving the fun and spectacular experience a 10/10 Expand
  53. Jun 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My time playing Batman: Arkham City were some of the most amazing hours of my life (30+ in fact!) In this amazing sequel, the caped crusader must battle many villains that weren't from the last game, including Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter, Ra's al Ghul, Penguin, Two-Face, and even Deadshot, although I do miss the Scarecrow segments from the previous game. In this game, hours upon hours of gameplay will be spent trying to solve riddler puzzles, track mysterious phone calls, and defeat Gotham's most wanted criminals. The fighting in this game is amazing, the puzzles are challenging, and the strategising is incredible. If you loved the first batman game, you're going to love this beautiful sequel, to an already beautiful game. Expand
  54. Jun 17, 2013
    This is the Batman game that we have been waiting all the time. Rocksteady has done it again, with giving the gamers what they have always wanted. An open-world Batman, superb combat, excellent graphics, nice story, so many characters etc.
    Batman: Arkham City deserves a 10/10
  55. Jun 15, 2013
    The plot is typical action-comicbook filler, however there are some genuine twists to the plot. The voice acting is great, the visual style matches the gritty yet comicbook approach from the first, and the gameplay is a blast. If you don't want to get 100% in the game, at least play through the Riddler storyline, because it's even better than it was in Arkham Asylum.
  56. Jun 13, 2013
    Once again another success from another batman game. This game is an addictive game which includes puzzle solving, epic fighting and much more!.. One of the many reasons I love this game if the fighting mechanics and how there is endless combinations and how realistic the game feels as well as the great graphics. The game also contains many villains which is just hectic when fighting(Once again another success from another batman game. This game is an addictive game which includes puzzle solving, epic fighting and much more!.. One of the many reasons I love this game if the fighting mechanics and how there is endless combinations and how realistic the game feels as well as the great graphics. The game also contains many villains which is just hectic when fighting( which is a good thing). The only bad thing that I would say (even though there isn't really anything bad about this game) is.... having to beat the game over again in an even harder difficulty to get one of the PlayStation trophies. Expand
  57. May 29, 2013
    This is my favorite game of all time. The story is amazing and there is a lot of stuff to do after you finish the story like completing the side missions and playing the challenge maps. I've lost track of how many times I've played this game. As a fan of Batman, I'd say Arkham City is truly a masterpiece. I can't wait for Arkham Origins!
  58. May 8, 2013
    Flawless and one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life. Graphics and controls are so perfect i cant even begin to describe how amazing they are. Storyline was easy to follow and was well done. The combat and detective elements were impressive. A great masterpiece and awesome free world
  59. May 4, 2013
    For starters its a proven fact that im probably the biggest Batman nerd alive!! hahaha... so its gonna be obvious that i absolutely loved this game!! This is the definative Batman experience! Whether you're doing the story, the side missions or just fighting crime on the streets of Gotham, this game makes you feel like you're Batman!! and seriously what more could you want?
  60. May 1, 2013
    When I first started Arkham City I didn't know what to expect. I had heard it was good but I was never a huge Batman fan. That didn't matter at all because from the opening sequence I was hooked playing through a game with a great story, brilliant gameplay mechanics with the most responsive combat system I've ever used and having more fun collecting all 400 of those riddler trophies thanWhen I first started Arkham City I didn't know what to expect. I had heard it was good but I was never a huge Batman fan. That didn't matter at all because from the opening sequence I was hooked playing through a game with a great story, brilliant gameplay mechanics with the most responsive combat system I've ever used and having more fun collecting all 400 of those riddler trophies than i've ever had with collectibles in a game. Arkham City is a great world to explore with good side missions. An awesome game!!! Expand
  61. Apr 15, 2013
    this is one of the best games in my opinion awesome gameplay. awesome story this a game that both video game and comic book fans has been waiting for
    and excellent voice acting specially from mark hammils joker this a game worth playing for everyone
  62. Apr 13, 2013
    if I could give this game more than a ten I would this game is amazing the combat is fluid and easy to learn the story is fantastic and playing as catwoman is so much fun this game is a must have for any real gamer
  63. Apr 3, 2013
    This game is the best game to be released EVER! It can't be beaten. If anyone challenges that then we will have to have a little chat. Great gameplay, great story, GREAT DLC and the HOTTEST CATWOMAN EVER
  64. Mar 18, 2013
    I have always wondered how it would feel like to be Batman, and after playing Arkham City I can truely say it is amazing. From the graphics to the acting, the gameplay and the fights.. what makes this game so unique is the experience you have from feeling that you can kick anybody's ass, however and whenever you want. Rocksteady has done all of us a huge favor by creating this game.
  65. Mar 15, 2013
    Batman: Arkham City is easily the best Batman game ever made, but even more impressive then that it is one of the best games ever made. It has some of the best combat in any game, some great graphics, exploring Arkham City is a lot of fun with tons of collectibles and side content to find, the main story itself is fantastic with great performances from several fantastic voice actors, IfBatman: Arkham City is easily the best Batman game ever made, but even more impressive then that it is one of the best games ever made. It has some of the best combat in any game, some great graphics, exploring Arkham City is a lot of fun with tons of collectibles and side content to find, the main story itself is fantastic with great performances from several fantastic voice actors, If you are a fan of Batman or action games in general then this is a must buy, There have been many Batman games over the years, but none have managed the quality and near perfection that this game has achieved. Expand
  66. Mar 7, 2013
    The best game in years, everything about it is amazing. Story, gameplay, graphics, sound design, voice acting, absolutely everything is great. The main story is kind of short though, about 4-5 hours if you just do the main missions. There are side missions though, which make up for the length, a problem that Arkham Asylum had. I really liked the environment, the city at night was veryThe best game in years, everything about it is amazing. Story, gameplay, graphics, sound design, voice acting, absolutely everything is great. The main story is kind of short though, about 4-5 hours if you just do the main missions. There are side missions though, which make up for the length, a problem that Arkham Asylum had. I really liked the environment, the city at night was very memorable and it even changed a lot as you went through it. You could be in a fancy district with glass over the streets and then go to the rooftops of buildings surrounded by completely flooded streets. The best thing was the voice acting with the Joker and Batman, with the original voice actors that everybody knows. Gameplay is extremely fun and you could beat this game five times and not get bored. Expand
  67. Mar 4, 2013
    I expected this game to be a 10 and it was indeed! It took everything great about Arkham Asylum and added on so much more. The campaign is epic to say the least, with tons of replay value. Combat is deep, and it feels rewarding when you master it. Boss fights are awesome, and the riddler trophies are addicting to find; you actually want to find them. The predator and combat arenas areI expected this game to be a 10 and it was indeed! It took everything great about Arkham Asylum and added on so much more. The campaign is epic to say the least, with tons of replay value. Combat is deep, and it feels rewarding when you master it. Boss fights are awesome, and the riddler trophies are addicting to find; you actually want to find them. The predator and combat arenas are tough, but very fun to play. The DLC content adds even more to the experience. This game is a must buy. Expand
  68. Mar 1, 2013
    The game is really good! The music is great, the visuals are great, but there is something in the gameplay that pisses me off. Don't get me wrong the fighting is really good and well made, but the weapons really are overpowered. Also the fighting is really repetetive sometimes when you beat all enemies from a area they are gonna spawn back. That means the same place, same enemies and theThe game is really good! The music is great, the visuals are great, but there is something in the gameplay that pisses me off. Don't get me wrong the fighting is really good and well made, but the weapons really are overpowered. Also the fighting is really repetetive sometimes when you beat all enemies from a area they are gonna spawn back. That means the same place, same enemies and the same stuff. Also sometimes theres a little bit of small lagging. Overall the game is really really good and well made. It's the best superhero game i have ever played! Expand
  69. Feb 18, 2013
    Wonderful full stop!!! I was a little surprised to be honest as I thought it could be nowhere near as good as Arkham Asylum........I was wrong. Arguably my favourite PS3 game. Right up there, for me, with Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. Although restricted somewhat (and no sandbox by any means), there is still a great open world feel to it. Combat is well improved too. Play with the lightsWonderful full stop!!! I was a little surprised to be honest as I thought it could be nowhere near as good as Arkham Asylum........I was wrong. Arguably my favourite PS3 game. Right up there, for me, with Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. Although restricted somewhat (and no sandbox by any means), there is still a great open world feel to it. Combat is well improved too. Play with the lights dimmed. A great gaming experience. Get this. Expand
  70. Feb 7, 2013
    I LOVED arkham asylum. The puzzles were great, voice acting is top notch, graphics are incredible. There was no other game that made me feel like batman the way AA did. Then AC came. Its even better! A bit more sandbox. I particularly loved the catwoman parts! Story was also very well written and paced! Excellent game!
  71. Jan 30, 2013
    What else is there to say about Arkham city? Story is awesome, fighting is great, etc. I thought Batman Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game back in 2009. When the news broke that Arkham city was announced I was spectacle at first because I didn't think the game wasn't going to be as good as the first. When I got the game, I was pleasantly surprised how great it was. It is so much betterWhat else is there to say about Arkham city? Story is awesome, fighting is great, etc. I thought Batman Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game back in 2009. When the news broke that Arkham city was announced I was spectacle at first because I didn't think the game wasn't going to be as good as the first. When I got the game, I was pleasantly surprised how great it was. It is so much better than Arkham Asylum. All the things that were lacking in the first game, Rocksteady Studios improved significantly and all the things that made the first game great made slight changes here and there, but kept the same concept. Batman Arkham City is definitely the best Batman game of all time, and one of the best games of 2011 Expand
  72. Jan 29, 2013
    This game is probably the closest thing I've experienced to pure... speechlessness. The way this game enchants and mesmerizes me with it's story, gameplay and look is something incredible. I was looking forward to this game so much that I made a countdown for it, and I was the furthest things from disappointed that is possible. Please play this game, do yourself a favour and experienceThis game is probably the closest thing I've experienced to pure... speechlessness. The way this game enchants and mesmerizes me with it's story, gameplay and look is something incredible. I was looking forward to this game so much that I made a countdown for it, and I was the furthest things from disappointed that is possible. Please play this game, do yourself a favour and experience this awesomeness. Get over the blue cape and cowl nonsense and play the game. Expand
  73. Jan 23, 2013
    You would be daft to say Arkham City isn't a game which has set a new standard for superhero games. It contains beautiful stealth and combat, easter eggs in every corner of the huge open world, loads of side-missions tying in with the comics and the best villain in gaming. This, my friends, is game of the year 2011 and I plead for you to buy it. I have only given two 10s in all of myYou would be daft to say Arkham City isn't a game which has set a new standard for superhero games. It contains beautiful stealth and combat, easter eggs in every corner of the huge open world, loads of side-missions tying in with the comics and the best villain in gaming. This, my friends, is game of the year 2011 and I plead for you to buy it. I have only given two 10s in all of my reviews. It shows how good this game is. Expand
  74. Jan 23, 2013
    A mind-blowing sequel to a mind-blowing original, Rocksteady did a fine job on increasing the scale of the game and adding tons of new DC characters (villains, mostly) and not dropping the quality bar on the story (which is even better than the original, with an awesome beginning where you get to play as Bruce Wayne without his suit, and the absolutely shocking unpredictable ending),A mind-blowing sequel to a mind-blowing original, Rocksteady did a fine job on increasing the scale of the game and adding tons of new DC characters (villains, mostly) and not dropping the quality bar on the story (which is even better than the original, with an awesome beginning where you get to play as Bruce Wayne without his suit, and the absolutely shocking unpredictable ending), graphics (still pretty, though as usual all the male models are super-muscular and the chicks are super-hot) and gameplay (new gadgets, new combos, more convict ass-kicking). My only little complaint are the Riddler's trophies. In Asylum I collected all of them and it was the first and only game where I actually got all the collectibles. Although in Arkham City there are just way too many of them - 400 (four bloody hundred!) for Batman and additional 40 for Catwoman. I tried getting all of them but it actually gets a bit boring after a while, so it was a bit of a letdown for me. Otherwise, it's a masterpiece. Expand
  75. Jan 14, 2013
    This game has incredible graphics, intense action combat, and a mind blowing world. The story is great for any Batman fan! This game will keep you at your Xbox for a very long time.
  76. Jan 9, 2013
    nice graphics, gameplay,story,characters,voice acting, atmosphere but it is a bit limited because u cant drive btw GREAt weapons and the chicks r hawt the next one will be even better get this game it rocks though
  77. Jan 6, 2013
    I wasn't all that crazy about Batman: Arkham Asylum, but Arkham City improved on everything that I had an issue with. The game looks and plays great, the voice acting is phenomenal, and the only thing I wanted to do after finishing the story was keep playing.
  78. Dec 29, 2012
    I loved this game. Even if you are not a Batman fun you will love this game because it has every ingredient an action game should have:a perfect mix of funny combat and puzzles, great story and characters and the all the "dark knight" feeling. The combat system is one the best i've seen in action games and you will enjoy every fight you get into. I don't give it a 10 just because some partI loved this game. Even if you are not a Batman fun you will love this game because it has every ingredient an action game should have:a perfect mix of funny combat and puzzles, great story and characters and the all the "dark knight" feeling. The combat system is one the best i've seen in action games and you will enjoy every fight you get into. I don't give it a 10 just because some part can be too difficult and annoying even for a skilled gamer. Expand
  79. Dec 17, 2012
    Definitely the best comic based game out there. If you are thinking about buying assassins creed III spare those 60 bucks and buy Batman Arkham city instead. This game looks gorgeous it looks exactly like arkham city. That gothic style based city is really gonna suck you in . There are so many things to find too. THe best feature is the combat though. Its really dynamic and you will feelDefinitely the best comic based game out there. If you are thinking about buying assassins creed III spare those 60 bucks and buy Batman Arkham city instead. This game looks gorgeous it looks exactly like arkham city. That gothic style based city is really gonna suck you in . There are so many things to find too. THe best feature is the combat though. Its really dynamic and you will feel just like batman. A must HAVE! Expand
  80. Nov 25, 2012
    Este es el videojuego modelo, que escapa al género superhéroe y que trasciende mucho pero mucho más lejos, es lo más cercano a la perfección por donde lo mires, este es el juego que no deberías dejar pasar jamás, este juego no necesita mucha explicación simplemente es una obra maestra.
  81. Nov 18, 2012
    un videogioco senza pari.

bellissimo, rifinito, vario , pieno, rifinito in ogni suo aspetto e con un sacco di cose belle e diverse da fare. buona anche la storia, caratterizzazione dei personaggi da OSCAR, combat-system che fà risultare ridicolo e stupido quello di un qualsiasi assassins's creed. che altro dire, l'action migliore su console degli ultimi anni. non credo vi
    un videogioco senza pari.

che altro dire, l'action migliore su console degli ultimi anni. non credo vi siano dubbi al riguardo.

semplicemente insuperabile, voto pieno e non potrebbe essere altrimenti.
  82. Nov 11, 2012
    Gas, man. Seriously. Bouts of some freaking ridiculous gas came exploding out of me for like a week. Coupled with painful stomach cramps. I thought my stomach was swallowing itself for a little while there but damn... Never had better gas in my life!
  83. Nov 5, 2012
    Easily one of the best games of this generation. Arkham City is very big, the ambientation in Batman is wonderful, you will play easy 50~80 hours in this game.
  84. Nov 1, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City is the greatest Batman video game of all time. Scratch that... Batman: Arkham City is the greatest Superhero video game of all time. Scratch that... Batman: Arkham City is one of the greatest video games in history. The graphics in this game are incredible, as well as the incredibly detailed city, with legendary landmarks that any comic book fan or Batman fan willBatman: Arkham City is the greatest Batman video game of all time. Scratch that... Batman: Arkham City is the greatest Superhero video game of all time. Scratch that... Batman: Arkham City is one of the greatest video games in history. The graphics in this game are incredible, as well as the incredibly detailed city, with legendary landmarks that any comic book fan or Batman fan will find familiar. The attention to detail is bewildering, and the vast array of villains i mind-blowing. The combat in this game makes you feel like a martial art expert, with tons of combos, takedowns, and filled with different approaches as well. You can decide if you want to be stealthy or attack head-on. The story in this game is fantastic. It picks up right where you left off from Batman: Arkham Asylum and makes way for some incredible characters and villains. While running around in the streets of the city, you can hear endless chatter between thugs, some talking about what certain supervillains did to them or their friends... some talking about what happened back at the Asylum. After completing this mind-blowing game, you can still complete Riddler challenges and collect Riddler trophies, as well as fight as either Batman, Catwoman, Robin, or Nightwing (get the GOTY Edition) in multiple combat or predator maps that allows you to either use your stealth skills or your combat skills. The only minor issues with this game are some pop-in textures and some very rare glitches which I haven't come across in my first playthrough. It is also very interesting to see the various characters by looking at their character bios and/or a full 3D model of them. All in all, this game did not only exceed expectations, but came across and sent a message to all video game designers: If you want to beat me, you'll have to do better than that. Expand
  85. Oct 30, 2012
    A simply brilliant games. The combat is great, the villians are excellent, the stealh mechanics are amazing and above all you get to truly feel like the dark knight.
  86. Oct 26, 2012
    Better than Asylum. Arkham city picks up after the events of Asylum and the plot is amazing. Just like Asylum this game is insanely fun to play. A lot of secrets in the free roaming city keep you interested. Fighting and detective mode are back and still are a lot of fun to use. Use of interesting gadgets only add to the fun in this game. This game is a must buy.
  87. Oct 7, 2012
    Are so fully packed basket of unexpected twists, to the best of Batman's enemies, top equipment and playability it for any other superhero. Good story
  88. Sep 21, 2012
    I reneged when I first picked this up from gamestop I was excited to play it! I mean I absolutely loved batman arkham asylum but as I progressed through arkham city & eventually beat the game....One fact stood out that could not be ignored...its short. yes its not as long as arkham asylum so lets begin my review.....as always the good:graphics are top notch and VERY impressive!! I like howI reneged when I first picked this up from gamestop I was excited to play it! I mean I absolutely loved batman arkham asylum but as I progressed through arkham city & eventually beat the game....One fact stood out that could not be ignored...its short. yes its not as long as arkham asylum so lets begin my review.....as always the good:graphics are top notch and VERY impressive!! I like how the attention to detail was so prevailing in arkham city...every object,street pole, and building,even abandoned vehicles look great!! Gameplay & controls: once again flawlessly crafted,surprisingly better than arkham asylum!! I've had a great time owning the the out of control inmates of arkham city just as much as exploring the city itself!! Which go's without saying that the replay value is very high. the boss fights are all implemented I really liked fight the penguin & his illegal freak that's in his basement. RA'S AL GHOL fight reminded me of my fight with scarecrow from the first game which was great but the best fight hands down has to go to mister freeze...I first( & only) fought him without use of the hints this makes the fight incredibly good/tuff for batman as he's the only tough boss/enemy for batman. there's virtually no load times such is great to & batman even uses better gadgets than the first game!! Now the bad part: its to short...if you focus on the main story(which is good) then it'll be over with. a few hours which is sad because the gameplay/was very interesting..also of note...a sandbox setting? while its not game breaking in any way...for me it felt out of place in a batman game...it wasn't bad but it seemed weird to have batman in a sandbox game but I love the side missions like finding out who's been cutting off peoples faces & zasz comes back in an I.Ferrari.g way so do the riddled but in the end I was alittle disappointed with how short it was but its still an amazing game & well worth the price!!! 9/10 Expand
  89. Sep 17, 2012
    Wow. Just wow. I mean Arkham City is easily one of this generations best games. I mean Rocksteady added so much more things to do. They added Side Missions, more riddlers, and you can explore the open world of Arkham City which is just amazing. Perfect 10 from me.
  90. Sep 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever played till date. I enjoyed playing the game even more than GTA IV or Uncharted Series. I hope for a sequel to this game one way or another. Expand
  91. Aug 24, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City is one of the greatest games of this generation, perhaps even the greatest game of all time. The way Rocksteady handled The Dark Knight's fiction and rogues gallery is simply amazing and the gorgeously detailed open-world they crafted is hands down the best I have ever experienced and only Bethesda's beautifully detailed Skyrim could hope to be on par with the worldBatman: Arkham City is one of the greatest games of this generation, perhaps even the greatest game of all time. The way Rocksteady handled The Dark Knight's fiction and rogues gallery is simply amazing and the gorgeously detailed open-world they crafted is hands down the best I have ever experienced and only Bethesda's beautifully detailed Skyrim could hope to be on par with the world Rocksteady has created. Arkham City's large and varied environment allows for Batman to navigate seamlessly with versatile aerial movement, and some of the more skilled players can go the entire game without even touching the ground, save for objectives and collectibles. The story is deep and engrossing and is sure to attract fans and non-fans of Batman's dark mythos alike. This is by far superior to Batman Arkham Asylum in every way which was a near flawless game that was the first game to do The Caped Crusader justice in a video game. So with my praise out of the way I must simply tell you if you haven't gotten this game already go to the nearest Walmart or Gamestop and pick up the GOTY Edition of the game and be prepared to have the time of your life. Expand
  92. Aug 23, 2012
    This is a great game, the graphics are way better than San Andreas on the Playstation 2, it has a good story too, but there are still 2 vehicles missing that i would like to have in GTA V, planes and tanks (when you six-star rankin), other than that it`s a really good game
  93. Aug 9, 2012
    This not only the best superhero game made, its one of the best games i ever player, and this is coming from a guy who mainly likes the older games. Best portrayed characters ever in gaming, best voice acting, and the story was incredible! The environment was perfect for gothem, and gave you an eerie feeling, and made it very dark. The music was epic, and made the game feel even more likeThis not only the best superhero game made, its one of the best games i ever player, and this is coming from a guy who mainly likes the older games. Best portrayed characters ever in gaming, best voice acting, and the story was incredible! The environment was perfect for gothem, and gave you an eerie feeling, and made it very dark. The music was epic, and made the game feel even more like a true batman game. I doubt we will ever see another masterpiece in the superhero category ever again though. Expand
  94. Aug 2, 2012
    A MUCH better game than Asylum. I always disliked Asylum because it felt so enclosed, and whilst the gameplay and plot were solid, I just detested traipsing across the asylum trying to find out where to go. The free roam Arkham City is a much better place to traverse, as there is always something to do, even after the main plot finishes. The gameplay has definitely improved and the plot isA MUCH better game than Asylum. I always disliked Asylum because it felt so enclosed, and whilst the gameplay and plot were solid, I just detested traipsing across the asylum trying to find out where to go. The free roam Arkham City is a much better place to traverse, as there is always something to do, even after the main plot finishes. The gameplay has definitely improved and the plot is still well written if a little ridiculous. I'm not a big fan of Batman, but I still love this game. Expand
  95. Jul 30, 2012
    a beautiful game with a excellent combat style of gameplay and with excellent side missions but with a ok story which makes this game just from being perfect
  96. Jul 23, 2012
    Great game, but not the best. The combat is so satisfying in this game and that is the peak of the enjoyment that can be had with playing this game. The graphics are pretty damn good too and most of the textures are really detailed which is great. One minor complaint I have is when Batman dies or you need to restart the the mission, there should be no hassle to show a villain talking andGreat game, but not the best. The combat is so satisfying in this game and that is the peak of the enjoyment that can be had with playing this game. The graphics are pretty damn good too and most of the textures are really detailed which is great. One minor complaint I have is when Batman dies or you need to restart the the mission, there should be no hassle to show a villain talking and they you have to select the option to restart. This should happen instantly with a 5-7 second wait time to load. The story seems a little far-fetched at times but its still very enjoyable and doesn't disallow you to have fun with the game by any means. The voice acting is great, but sometimes the dialogue can be on the cheesy side. I believe that this game definitely is an improvement of its predecessor, Batman Arkham City, since it isn't as repetitive and boring. Overall, this game is fantastic which just a few minor flaws but that shouldn't spoil the experience which is Batman: Arkham City. Expand
  97. Jul 23, 2012
    All the hype that has been going on about this game is very well deserved and it really is a 10/10. The reason I'm giving a 9 is because of the villains in the story. Since batman has some of the greatest bundle pack of villains you would expect a shocking impact if you heard that Bane, Mad Hatter, and Grundy appeared on the scene but instead they're really just for show.

THE

THE *******ONLY******* CON THIS GAME HAS IS NOT MUCH DEPTH IN THE VILLAIN CATEGORY

this game is worth every penny and I highly reccomend to buy now that it's out on the market, the Game of the Year Ed.

BRAVO!!! ROCKSTEADY :)
  98. Jul 19, 2012
    With a stunning opening, deep storyline, intense action, impeccable detail and memorable ending, this is a very beautiful and well done game. It's is everything people hoped it would be, as it massively improves on Arkham Asylum while keeping its core gameplay and engines. Not only is the story mode a blast, the challenge maps will keep you busy for months after completing the storyWith a stunning opening, deep storyline, intense action, impeccable detail and memorable ending, this is a very beautiful and well done game. It's is everything people hoped it would be, as it massively improves on Arkham Asylum while keeping its core gameplay and engines. Not only is the story mode a blast, the challenge maps will keep you busy for months after completing the story (you'll probably end up playing through it at least three times). Although the story had some plot holes towards the end, it kept me guessing because of all the wonderfully crafted twists that it pulls off. The story is a little on the short side, but it's a compelling roller coaster ride that will keep you hooked until the shocking ending. Not only is this a must have for batman fans, it is a must have for any gamer. Expand
  99. Jul 12, 2012
    The best Batman Game ever made.I got the goty edition on ps3 but played Arkham city when it first came out on xbox 360.so I got the goty edition for my ps3 and this is still the most amazing game ever made.the story and graphics are superb and the gameplay is just amazing.you must play this game.
  100. Jul 12, 2012
    The plot is 10, I loved how Paul Dini put awesome plot turns with classic Batman villains and allies (except the story DLC which is 7). Presentation is 10, Arkham city looks awesome, and when you fly through buildings, you really feel as if you are Batman. And gameplay of beat em up and stealth action is 10. Even if you are like me and you hate running away from villains, you should stillThe plot is 10, I loved how Paul Dini put awesome plot turns with classic Batman villains and allies (except the story DLC which is 7). Presentation is 10, Arkham city looks awesome, and when you fly through buildings, you really feel as if you are Batman. And gameplay of beat em up and stealth action is 10. Even if you are like me and you hate running away from villains, you should still pickup gameplay easily. Expand

1. Arkham City is the best reflection of the Batman-comic books ever. Not because of the sheer amount of famous enemies that challenge our hero, but thanks to the amazing atmosphere that oozes from every pore of this remarkable action game. [Nov 2011, p.70]
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    All in all, outside of a few minor issues, I couldn't ask for a better Batman experience. If Arkham City was a graphic novel, it would be considered a classic.
  3. Arkham City should be celebrated as a shining achievement for the action-adventure genre for its masterful execution. [Holiday 2011, p.70]